/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Viewpoint on American Foreign Policy

MightyMoses
09-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Hello,

I am an American high-school student doing a research project on Islamic view of American foreign policy. I was wondering if any Muslims would like to tell me what the majority viewpoint of American foreign policy in the Middle East is like. Do most Muslims hate Americans as a whole for their interjections? Do you agree with Americans help of Isreal? Any answers reguarding these topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
09-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Hello "MightyMoses" and welcome to our forum :) . Your thread has been moved to the appropriate forum.

With regards to your post, you write:
I was wondering if any Muslims would like to tell me what the majority viewpoint of American foreign policy in the Middle East is like.
I should first clarify that since 'Muslim' means someone who follows Islam, and not a particular political group, opinions on any political policy will naturally vary amongst Muslims.

However, given recent events, including the war in afghanistan and in Iraq, as well as older traditions, such as the support for the Israeli occupation of palestinian land, there has been an increasing perception amongst Muslims that the west is abusing the Muslims around the world. Other members here may elaborate on that.

Do most Muslims hate Americans as a whole for their interjections?
First, thats almost like a double blanket statement. You're asking me if most Muslims hate most Americans. Obviously, ideas will vary from individual to individual. The vast majority of Muslims, however, do not hate American people, but they simply oppose the American policy.

Hate them for their interjections? First of all, 'hate' is far too powerful a word, and 'interjections' is far too weak a word. I would instead say that many Muslims oppose the American goverment because it is percieved to have invaded the Muslim countries, subjugated and killed their people, and placed them under the command of despotic dictators.

I'll leave the rest for others to answer.

Regards :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.