/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hospitality in a suspicious world

ABWAN
01-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Assalamu alaykum, I am sure most of you have already read this.. but in case if you havent, here is the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...nt/7209024.stm

Alhamdulillah its so amazing the see that inspite of all the troubles our ummah is going through, we still havent forgotten this important trait of being nice to our guests! Its also good to see that there are some to give a different picture of life in the troubled lands.

I quote some excerpts from the article:

"People would send a child out to buy a can of cola for me - they could not afford a whole bottle. Actually, they could not afford a can either.

Palestinians were generous despite their bleak, constrained lives. Lives which, they were usually too polite to point out, my country was historically, partly responsible for. "

"Afghanistan remains a place where strangers offer you tea and a bed for the night, where proverbially, people say that, when faced with guests, what is important is not how big your house is, but how big your heart is. "

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
fatima_01
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
ye i read it its pretty cool

Eric H
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Blessings and peace be with you ABWAN;

Thank you for bringing this story to our attention, it is so good to read about the hospitality, and generosity of these very poor marginalised people. It is also wonderful that a journalist like Kate Clark is willing to take all kind of perceived risks in order to show the positive side of Islam.

In many ways the British and American governments should feel embarrassed and ashamed about the plight of these people who did not ask for their countries to be invaded.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-27-2008, 02:37 PM
:sl:
MashaAllah
what is important is not how big your house is, but how big your heart is
great read.
JazakAllahu
thankx for sharing.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.