/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a few problems with my mum...

anonymous
01-27-2008, 08:23 PM
:sl:

I'm having a few problems with my mum, I know respect for parents is extremely important,

but basically my mum doesn't wear modest clothing or hijaab, and she has this thinking of following the pakistani culture rather than the right modest clothing, I hate to say this but shes dresssing like shes some kind of model, also if you're pakistani you'll know that clothing is becoming more revealing and tight in pakistan.

So this is becoming a real problem for me, because i've tried loads of times to change the way she dresses, and the fact that my parents are divorced and my mum is single makes it much worse, we also live in an area which is full of practising muslims who even wear the face veil!, my mum also teaches at a local madressa and at an islamic school! in day to day situations like going to the mosque I just know that people are giving her looks, All this is extremely embarrasing as i'm like the total opposite of her.

Another problem is riba or interest, we have an islamic bank just down the road , but my mum continues to 'invest' money in accounts to gain interest from them, our house mortgage is interest only!, my mum uses credit cards, and even keeps my money in an interest account.
I know that there isn't any blessings from Allah if we use interest money and we are not allowed to give zakaat with that money

But what I want to know is that out of respect do I have to continue do what my mum tells me, or for instance can I refuse to go out with her because of the way she dresses, or refuse to have a bank account where i'm taking interest

This is getting really fustrating and I don't want to disrespect her:grumbling so please help!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
01-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Bro when You say revealing clothes what do you mean? Revealing as in short tight or revealin as in no sleeves, low cut neck etc? Or BOTH :thumbs_do

Have you spoken to your mum about this and if so, what was her reaction?

chacha_jalebi
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
just show her evidences from the Quraan & hadiths
and also do it in a nice way

like say, i care for you, i want to be with you in jannah . . . all the nice things and inshallah it will get her listening

and also remember she is your mummy, so always be respectful, try not to hurt her feelins, and also remember Allah (swt) guides whom he wills!!

AnonymousPoster
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
:sl:

yes short sleeves sometimes, mostly low cut kneck,

yes i have mentioned it many times and she says 'its worse in pakistan', i always tell her not to compare with others, but she just says its her life and tells me not be extreme

bro/sis its really frustrating ,

oops oh crap, oh well!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
just show her evidences from the Quraan & hadiths
and also do it in a nice way

like say, i care for you, i want to be with you in jannah . . . all the nice things and inshallah it will get her listening

and also remember she is your mummy, so always be respectful, try not to hurt her feelins, and also remember Allah (swt) guides whom he wills!!
Bro i've even called one of those live islamic qa talk shows on tv infront of her, she is struggling with her situation and i want her to get closer to Allah
to benefit her, but shes in a state where she's not prepared and doesn't have the patience to listen, as she has soo much stress. So she trys to keep herself happy by you know looking good etc

anonymous
01-27-2008, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Bro i've even called one of those live islamic qa talk shows on tv infront of her, she is struggling with her situation and i want her to get closer to Allah
to benefit her, but shes in a state where she's not prepared and doesn't have the patience to listen, as she has soo much stress. So she trys to keep herself happy by you know looking good etc
awww mashaAllah its so gud that you care so much, just keep going on at her, it'll get through her at some point!!!:D

chacha_jalebi
01-27-2008, 08:57 PM
i will say keep buggin her lol in a nice way, but do it in a nice way!

show her that your doing it for her benefit, give examples of the ummul mumineen, and stuff!!

good luck :D inshallah your situation will be finee

AnonymousPoster
01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
awww mashaAllah its so gud that you care so much, just keep going on at her, it'll get through her at some point!!!:D
Yeah i wish, she explodes at me if i try talking to her for more than a minute:phew

anonymous
01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Yeah i wish, she explodes at me if i try talking to her for more than a minute:phew
How about next time you go out with her, YOU wear the long jilbaab/topi/hijaab watever kinda islamic clothin u need bro/sis lol :D:D:D,cover 4rm head to toe, grow a long beard if need be, maybe then SHE'LL get embarassed LOL, and will come to her senses

aadil77
01-27-2008, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
How about next time you go out with her, YOU wear the long jilbaab/topi/hijaab watever kinda islamic clothin u need bro/sis lol :D:D:D,cover 4rm head to toe, grow a long beard if need be, maybe then SHE'LL get embarassed LOL, and will come to her senses
Lol:D, i'm growing a beard and she keeps tellin me to shave it! i doubt it would affect her she doesn't seem to think shes doin anythin wrong^o)

crap did it again, just can seem to stay anonymous!

anonymous
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
LOLLLLLL

Jus keep nagging her bro:coolious: n s 4 ya beard keep at it, in fact, why not wear a fake 1 to annoy her, Lol!

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
...lol..thats sad...pray for her..i will...make tons of dua for her.. convince her alottt..verry good..and just keep tickin her off till she relizes it give her examples of people like her or somehting that became good or something like that..

lol u got two accounts dunt u..lol..hehe..i got confused there for a sec.lol

Tania
01-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Better don't say anything because she is much older than you. :-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.