/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Constant DHIKR of Allah

WomanOfJihad
01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
When You Meet a Muslim
Assalamu Alaikum (Peace Be Upon You)

When a Muslim Greets You (a Muslim) First
Walaikum Assalam (and Peace Be Upon You)

When Starting To Do Something
Bismillah (In the Name of Allah)

When Intending To Do Something
Insha-Allah (If Allah Wills)

When Taking An Oath
Wallah Billah (Swearing to Allah)

When Something Is Being Praised
Subhana-Allah (Glory Be To Allah)

When In Pain and Distress
Ya-Allah (O' Allah)

When Expressing Appreciation
Masha-Allah (That Which Allah Wills)

When Thanking Someone
Jazak Allah Khair (May Allah Reward)

When Awakening From Sleep
La-Ilaha-Ill Allah (There is None Worthy of Worship Except Allah Alone)

When Sneezing
Alhamdu-Lillah (All Praise Be To Allah)

When Someone Else Sneezes
Yar-Hamuk-Allah (May Allah Bestow His Mercy On You)

When Repenting Of A Sin
Astagh-Ferrullah (May Allah Forgive)

When Giving To Charity
Fi-Sabi-Lillah

When Having Love For Someone
Lihub-Billah

When Getting Married
Aman-To-Billah

When A Problem Appears
Tawak-Kalto Al-Allah
(I Trust In Allah)

When Unpleasantness Occurs
Audhu-Billah (I Seek Refuge With Allah)

When Pleasantness Appears
Fata-Barak-Allah

When Participating In Prayer
AMEEN (May Allah Answer)

When Parting From Someone
Fi-Aman-Allah (May Allah Protect)

When Death Message Is Received
Inna-Lillahi-Wa-Inna-Ilaihi Rajiun (To Allah We Belong And To Him We Shall Return)

When afflicted by matters of the heart
Allahumma tahhir qalbi (O Allah Purify my heart)

When one finds something disagreeable
Allhumdhu lil laahi 'alaa kulli haalin ( praise be to Allah under all sects and conditions.)

When evil thoughts come to mind
A'oozu bi laahi minash shaitaani aamantu bil laahi wa rusulihee ( i take refuge will Allah from satan. I repose my faith in Allah and his Apostles)

When a muslim seeks another muslim with cheerful countenance
Adh-hakal laahu sinnaka ( May Allah always keep you cheerful!)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
01-10-2005, 10:46 PM
:sl:
Mashallah good post. It's very helpful for me to remember. I just wanted to bring peoples attention to the following verse from the noble Qur'an. Dhikr means 'remembrance of Allah' :)

YUSUFALI: "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.
PICKTHAL: Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!
SHAKIR: Those who believe and whose hearts are set at rest by the remembrance of Allah; now surely by Allah's remembrance are the hearts set at rest.

Remember this is talking about the true eternal happiness or satisfaction of the heart. Remembrance of Allah (SWT) brings ultimate happiness.

Peace out ;)

WomanOfJihad
01-10-2005, 10:52 PM
errr..the post turned out to b weird..thats nt how how the lay out was.. :s

Jazakallah for the ayah Brother .. thats one of my Favourite Ayah .. i hear it Everydayyy .. Alhumdulillah..

Uthman
01-10-2005, 10:54 PM
It is effective nonetheless. Although I was beginning to think you had a weird taste . . . . . :p

Only jaffin'!!!!!!!!! Twas' all in jest ;)

Yeah thats one of my favourite ayahs too. Its very refreshing don't you think?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
WomanOfJihad
01-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Alhumdulillaah gt my weird lay out sorted
Yeah thats one of my favourite ayahs too. Its very refreshing don't you think?
SUBHANALLAH

Uthman
01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Subhanallah! :) ;)

WomanOfJihad
01-11-2005, 11:50 PM
25 Duas from the Holy Quran

(And when My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I respond to the dua (prayer) of every suppliant when they calleth on Me - Quran 2:186)

1. Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire (2:201)

2. Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance and make our foothold sure and give us help against those who reject faith. (2:250)

3. Our Lord! Take us not to task if we forget or fall into error. (2:286)

4. Our Lord! Lay not upon us such a burden as You did lay upon those before us. (2:286)

5. Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear, grant us forgiveness and have mercy on us. You are our Protector. Help us against those who deny the truth. (2:286)

6. Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Your grace. Verily You are the Giver of bounties without measure. (3:8)

7. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and the lack of moderation in our doings, and make firm our steps and succour us against those who deny the truth. (3:147)

8. Our Lord! Whomsoever You shall commit to the Fire, truly You have brought [him] to disgrace, and never will wrongdoers find any helpers (3:192)

9. Our Lord! Behold we have heard a voice calling us unto faith: "Believe in your Lord" and we have believed. (3:193)

10. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and efface our bad deeds and take our souls in the company of the righteous. (3:193)

11. Our Lord! And grant us that which you have promised to us by Your messengers and save us from shame on the Day of Judgement. Verily You never fail to fulfill Your promise. (3:194)

12. Our Lord! We have sinned against ourselves, and unless You grant us forgiveness and bestow Your mercy upon us, we shall most certainly be lost! (7:23)

13. Our Lord! Place us not among the people who have been guilty of evildoing. (7:47)

14. Our Lord! Lay open the truth between us and our people, for You are the best of all to lay open the truth. (7:89)

15. Our Lord! Pour out on us patience and constancy, and make us die as those who have surrendered themselves unto You.(7:126)

16. Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the evildoing folk, and save as by Your mercy from people who deny the truth (10:85-86)

17. Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide [in our hearts] as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah (14:38)

18. Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Your presence and dispose of our affairs for us in the right way. (18:10)

19. Our Lord! Grant that our spouses and our offspring be a comfort to our eyes, and give us the grace to lead those who are conscious of You. (25:74)

20. Our Lord! You embrace all things within Your Grace and Knowledge, forgive those who repent and follow Your path, and ward off from them the punishment of Hell. (40:7)

21. Our Lord! Make them enter the Garden of Eden which You have promised to them, and to the righteous from among their fathers, their wives and their offspring, for verily You are alone the Almighty and the truly Wise. (40:8)

22. Our Lord! Relieve us of the torment, for we do really believe. (44:12)

23. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins as well as those of our brethren who proceeded us in faith and let not our hearts entertain any unworthy thoughts or feelings against [any of] those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness and Most Merciful (59:10)

24. Our Lord! In You we have placed our trust, and to You do we turn in repentance, for unto You is the end of all journeys. (60:4)

25. Our Lord! Perfect our light for us and forgive us our sins, for verily You have power over all things. (66:8)

Du'as which we could easily pray in our everyday lives ..
(Remember Moisture your tongue with Dhikr, n ull be able to taste the sweetness)

Umm Yoosuf
01-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Masha Allah sis thanks for this. Keep up the good work Insha Allah!

WomanOfJihad
01-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Jazakillah :)

Uthman
01-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Mashallah! Keep it up! :awesome: :ace: :bravo:

WomanOfJihad
01-17-2005, 02:02 AM

Those who believe, and their hearts find satisfaction in the rememberance of Allah:

By remembering Allah, truly satisfaction comes to the heart.” (Qur’an 13:28)

“Remember Me, and I shall remember you” (2:152)

RasoolAllah y said: “If your hearts were always in the state that they are in during dhikr, the angels would come to see you to the point that they would greet you in the middle of the road.” (Muslim)

Mu`adh ibn Jabal said that RasoolAllah y said: “The People of Paradise will not regret except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by and in which they made no remembrance of Allah.” (Bayhaqi, Tabarani)

Abu Hurayra said that RasoolAllah y said: “The earth and everything in it is cursed, except for dhikr and what attends dhikr, and a teacher (of dhikr) and a student (of dhikr).” (Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Bayhaqi)

Abu al-Darda’ narrates that RasoolAllah y once asked his companions: “Shall I tell you about the best of all deeds, the best act of piety in the eyes of your Lord, which will elevate your status in the Hereafter, and carries more virtue than the spending of gold and silver in the service of Allah or taking part in jihad and slaying or being slain in the path of Allah? The dhikr of Allah.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Hakim)

Abu Sa`id narrates that RasoolAllah y was asked, “Which of the servants of Allah is best in rank before Allah on the Day of resurrection?” He replied: “The ones who remember him much.” I said: “O Messenger of Allah, what about the fighter in the way of Allah?” He answered: “Even if he strikes the unbelievers and mushrikin with his sword until it broke, and becomes red with their blood, truly those who do the dhikr of Allah are better than him in rank.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, and Bayhaqi)

`Abd Allah ibn `Umar narrates that RasoolAllah y used to say: “Everything has a polish, and the polish of hearts is the dhikr of Allah. Nothing is more valuable to rescue from Allah’s punishment than the dhikr of Allah.” He was asked whether this did not apply also to jihad in Allah’s path, and he replied: “Not even if one should ply his sword until it breaks.” (Bayhaqi, and Mishkat al-Masabih)

“Those that remember Me in their heart, I remember them in My heart; and those that remember Me in a gathering, I remember them in a gathering better than theirs.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

RasoolAllah y compared the people who perform dhikrAllah among those who dont, to those who are alive among those who are dead: mathalu al-ladhi yadhkuru rabbahu wa al-ladhi la yadhkuru rabbahu mathalu al-hayyi wa al-mayyit. (Bukhari)

RasoolAllah y said that Allah has angels roaming the roads to find the people of dhikr, and when they find a group of people performing the dhikr of Allah, they call each other and encompass them in layers until the first heaven, the location of which is in Allah’s knowledge. Allah asks His angels, and He knows already “What are my servants saying?” The angels say: “They are praising You and magnifying Your Name and glorifying You, and giving You the best Attributes.” Allah says: “Have they seen Me?”

The angels answer: “O our Lord! They did not see You.” He says: “ What if they see Me!” The angels answer: “O our Lord, if they saw You, they are going to do more and more worship, more and more tasbih, more and more takbir, more and more tamjid!” He says: “What are they asking?” Angels say: “They are asking Your Paradise!” He says: “Did they see Paradise?” They say: “O our Lord, no, they have not seen it.” He says: “And how will they be if they see it?” They say: “If they see Paradise, they are going to be more attached and attracted to it!” He says: “What are they fearing and running away from?” They say: “They are fearing and running away from hellfire.” He says: “And have they seen hellfire?” They say: “O our Lord, no, they did not see hellfire.” He says: “And how will they be if they see fire and hell?” They say: “If they see your fire, they are going to be running from it more and more, and be even more afraid of it.” And Allah says: “I am making you witness, that I have forgiven them.”

One of the angels says: “O my Lord, someone was there who did not belong to that group, but came for some other need.” Allah says: “Those are such a group that anyone who sits with them, no matter for what reason, that person will also have his sins forgiven.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

Ibn `Umar reported that the Prophet said: “When you pass by the gardens of Paradise, avail yourselves of them.” The Companions asked: “What are the gardens of Paradise, O Messenger of Allah?” He replied: “The gatherings of dhikrAllah. There are roaming angels of Allah who go about looking for the circles of dhikr, and when they find them they surround them closely.” (Tirmidhi and Ahmad)

:w:

Sumayya
01-17-2005, 02:34 AM
SubhanAllah SubhanAllah :teeth:

Amazing article..beautiful ;)

I luv that ayah :$

JazakAllah

Ws

Uthman
01-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes, I agree. Brother Hash is right. Sometimes people make things up. God knows why.

Uma Rayanah
01-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Aslaamu Alikum..

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

Mashallah Mashallah.. JazaakI Allahu Khirah dear sister....

Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) says:

{Therefore remember Me, I will remember you and be grateful to Me, and never be ungrateful to me}, [Soorah al-Baqarah, Aayah 152]

The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) also said:

((Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) says: "Indeed I am as My servant presumes Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me, so if he remembers Me to himself I remember him to Myself, and if he remembers Me amongst a company I remember him amongst a company greater than it, and if he draws near to Me the span of a hand I draw near to him the span of an arm, and if he draws near to Me the span of an arm I draw near to him the span of two outstretched arms, and if he takes a step towards Me I hastily step towards him")), [al-Bukhaaree 8/171 and Muslim 4/2061, this specific wording is related by al-Bukhaaree]

Shukraan 4 da remeinderz....

Uthman
01-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Assalam alaikum,

Sister I have heard this Hadith before. It's beautiful, isn't it?

Uma Rayanah
01-29-2005, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Assalam alaikum,

Sister I have heard this Hadith before. It's beautiful, isn't it?

indeed it is....

Uthman
01-29-2005, 08:14 PM
A Hadeeth Qudsi, no?

Here is a different wording of it:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: "Allah the Almighty said:
{I am as My servant thinks I am (1).
I am with him when he makes mention of Me.
If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in a better assembly.
And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length.
And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.}
Related by al-Bukhaari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmizhi and Ibn-Maajah).
----------------
(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: {I am as My servant expects Me to be.} The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is Forgiving and Merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be disrespectful of the Almighty.

Brother_Mujahid
01-29-2005, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
A Hadeeth Qudsi, no?

Here is a different wording of it:
theres also a version where at the end it says along the lines that Allah is closer to you than your jugular vein.

Far7an
01-29-2005, 09:14 PM
:thumbs_up bro mujahid

Uthman
01-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Yes, I've also heard that version! :)

WomanOfJihad
01-30-2005, 12:25 AM

JazakAllahu Khairan 4 the advice .

WomanOfJihad
03-02-2005, 05:40 PM
ISTIGHFAAR ( to seek Forgiveness )

Istighfar is alsi an important type of dhikr. Allah comanded the holy prophet saw to seek forgiveness from him which is called istighfar, he has said :

فَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ وَاسْتَغْفِرْهُ إِنَّهُ كَانَ تَوَّاباً

then glorify the praise of your lord and seek for his forgiveness. surely he is ever lenting. (an Nasr 110:3)

Allah gave the same command to general body of believer by sayin:
وَمَا تُقَدِّمُوا لِأَنفُسِكُم مِّنْ خَيْرٍ تَجِدُوهُ عِندَ اللَّهِ هُوَ خَيْراً وَأَعْظَمَ أَجْراً وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

"and whatever good you forward for your souls, you shall find itwith Allah better and greater in recompense. and seek forgiveness of Allah. Surely Allah is forgiving, merciful. ( al Muzammil 73:20)

According to Hazrat Abu Sa'id Khudri R.a the prophet Saw said : (when he wasthrown out) the devil said: by your might, my lord, i shall continues to lead your servants astray as long as ther souls are intheir bodies."
Allah saw said: by my Might, Glory and Exalted station, i shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask my Forgiveness. ( Ahmed)

the holy Prophey saw has said: Whoever recites even if he has abscnded from jihad, he will be forgiven

ASTAGHFIRULLAH ALLAZI LAAILAAHA ILLAA HUWAL HAYYUL QAYYUMU WA ATOOBU ILAIHI

" i seek the forgiveness of Allah, besideswhom there is no god (is is he alone), the ever-living, the eternal and I repent to him."

According to a hadith if anyone cherishes that his deed of records make him happy he must make a frequenr recital of istighfar.

the words of Istighfar are as given above but if soneone does not remember them he may say simply frequently:

ALLAHUMMAGHFIRLEE ( My lord Forgive me)

WomanOfJihad
03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
VIRTUES OF ZIKR

A Sahabi once said, "0, Rasulullah, (SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM), I know that the commandments of Sharee-at are many, but of these tell me the one that I may practice assiduously throughout my life." The Prophet, (SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM), replied, "Keep your tongue always moist (i.e. busy) with the zikr of Allah." According to another Hadith, Harat Mu'aaz (Radhiyal-laho anho) has said, "Once at the time of my departure from Rasulullah (Sallallahu ALAIHI WASALLAM), I asked him to advise me of that action which is most pleasing to Almighty Allah: whereupon he replied, "At the time of your death, your tongue should be busy with zikr of Almighty Allah."

Note: By "my departure", Hadhrat Mu'aaz (Radhiyal-laho anho) refers to the occasion when he was appointed by the Holy Prophet (SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM) as the Governor of Yemen and sent there for teaching and propagating Islaam. It was at the time of that farewell that Rasulullah (SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM) had given him some parting instructions.

By saying that "the commandments of Sharee-at are many", the Sahabi had meant that although observance of every commandment is imperative, to specialize and attain perfection in each and every one is difficult; and so he wanted that Rasulullah (SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM), may recommend him something of over-riding importance which he might hold fast to, and practice at all times and in all conditions of sitting, standing or walking.

According to another Hadith, a person who possesses the following four things is truly blessed, from the worldly as well as spiritual point of view:—

1. A tongue ever absorbed in the zikr of Almighty Allah.
2. A heart filled with gratitude of Allah.
3. A body capable of undergoing hardships.
4. A wife who does not betray her husband's trust in respect of her chastity and his wealth

The phrase "moist tongue" according to some Ulama means excessive utterance (of zikr) and, idiomatically, it is used to convey excessive glorification and praise. But in my (the author's) humble opinion it can have another meaning as well. It is always very sweet and pleasant to talk of one's beloved, as is the common feeling and experience of every lover. On this basis, the phrase "moist tongue" would, therefore mean that one should glorify with love the name of Almighty Allah, so as to feel love's sweetness in the mouth.

I have observed many times that when some of my religious elders do zikr aloud, the flavour of the sweetness enjoyed by them is so transmitted to the listeners that their mouths also feel the sweetness and they share the ecstasy likewise. But this phenomenon is possible only where there is a genuine yearning for zikr, and the tongue is accustomed to excessive zikr. It is stated in one Hadith that the proof of one's love for Almighty Allah lies in one's love for the zikr of Allah, and in the same way lack of zikr betrays lack of attachment with Almighty Allah.

Hadhrat Abu Darda (Radhiyallaho anho) said that those who keep their tongues wet with the zikr of Allah, will enter paradise smiling.

Omar_Farouk
04-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Beautiful Dhikr

Make Dhikr, Not Bicker

A collection of various dhikrs from the sunnah.

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ وَ بِحَمْدِهِ
SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi
(Glory be to Allah and I Praise Him)

Whoever says (the above) at morning and evening time, one hundred times, none shall come on the Day of Resurrection with anything better except someone who has said the same or more
[Muslim; 4:42071]

SubhanAllah wa biHamdihi

a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea
[Sahih al-Bukhari; 7:168, Muslim; 4:2071]

SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi

Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Shall I tell you the words that Allah loves the most?" I said: "Yes, tell me, O Messenger of Allah." He said: "The words dearest to Allah are: subhanAllah wa bihamdihi
[Muslim and at-Tirmidhi]

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ الْعَظِيمِ وَ بِحَمْدِهِ
SubhanAllahil adheem wa biHamdihi
(Glory be to Allah, The Supreme, and I Praise Him)

a palm tree is planted for him in Paradise
[at-Tirmidhi; 5:511, al-Hakim]

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ وَ بِحَمْدِهِ ، سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ الْعَظِيمِ
SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi, SubhanAllahil adheem
(Glory be to Allah, and Praise, Glory be to Allah, the Supreme)

Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "Two words are light on the tongue, weigh heavily in the balance, they are loved by the Most Merciful One"
[Sahih al-Bukhari; 7:67, Muslim; 4:2071]

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ
SubhanAllah
(Glory be to Allah)

one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away
[Muslim; 4:2073]

لا حَوْلَ وَ لا قُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِاللّهِ
La Hawla wa la Quwatta illa Billah
(There is no Might or Power except with Allah)

mentioned in hadith as "a treasure from the treasures of Paradise"
[Sahih al-Bukhari; al-Fath al-Bari; 11:213, Muslim; 4:2076]

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ ، والْحَمْدُللّهِ ، وَ لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ ، وَ اللّهُ اَكْبَرُ
SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar
(Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest)

- The above are mentioned as the four most beloved words to Allah. It doesnt matter which of them is begun with
[Muslim; 3:1685]

Abu Saiid reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Perform the enduring goods deeds (al-baqiyat al-salihat) more frequently." They asked, "What are these enduring good deeds?" The Prophet replied: Takbir [Allahu Akbar], Tahlil [la ilaha illallah], Tasbih [Subhan'Allah], alhamdu lillah, and la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah.
[an-Nasa'i and Hakim, who said its chain is sahih]

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ ، والْحَمْدُللّهِ ، وَ لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ ، وَ اللّهُ اَكْبَرُ
SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar
(Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest)

- Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: 'For me to say (the above) is dearer to me and all that the sun rises upon (ie the whole world)
[Muslim; 4:2072]

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ ، والْحَمْدُللّهِ ، وَ لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ ، وَ اللّهُ اَكْبَرُ ، وَ لا حَوْلَ وَ لا قُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِاللّهِ
SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar, wa la Hawla wa la quwwata illa billah
(Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest, There is no might or any power Except with Allah)

- The good deeds which endure are (the above)

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ ، والْحَمْدُللّهِ ، وَ لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ ، وَ اللّهُ اَكْبَرُ ، وَ لا حَوْلَ وَ لا قُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِاللّهِ
SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar, wa la Hawla wa la quwwata illa billah
(Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest, There is no might or any power Except with Allah)

- AbdAllah ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet said: "During the Night Journey I met Ibrahim (alayhis salam) who said to me: O Muhammad, convey my greetings to your Community, and tell them that the Paradise is of pure land, its water is sweet, and its expanse is vast, spacious and even. And its seedlings are SubhanAllah, walhamdulilah, wa la ilaha ilAllah, waAllahu Akbar (the above)
[at-Tirmidhi and Tabarani whose version adds: "There is no power nor strength save through Allah"]

الْحَمْدُللّهِ
Alhamdulilah
(All Praise is for Allah)

- Verily the best supplication is (above).

لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ
La illaha ilAllah(u)
(There is No God But Allah)

- The best form of remembrance is (above).

لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ
La illaha ilAllah(u)

- Abu Huraira (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:

"When a servant of Allah utters the words la ilaha illallah (there is no God except Allah) sincerely, the doors of heaven open up for these words until they reach the Throne of Allah, so long as its utterer keeps away from the major sins.
[at-Tirmidhi, who says it is hasan gharib. al-Mundhiri included in al-Targhib 2:414]

لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ
La illaha ilAllah(u)

- Abu Huraira (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Renew your faith." "How can we renew our faith?" they asked. The Prophet replied:
"Say always: la ilaha illallah."
[Ahmad with a fair chain of authorities]

لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَ لَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَ هُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
La illaha ilAllahu, waHdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamd, wa Huwa ala kulli shaiy'in Qadeer
(There is No God But Allah Alone, who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the raise, and He is ABle to do all things)

- whoever says the above ten times, will have the reward for freeing four slaves from the Children of Isma'il (alayhis salam)
[Sahih al-Bukhari; 7:67, Muslim; 4:2071]

لا اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَ لَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَ هُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
La illaha ilAllahu, waHdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamd, wa Huwa ala kulli shaiy'in Qadeer
(There is No God But Allah Alone, who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the raise, and He is ABle to do all things)

- whoever says the above one Hundred times, has the reward of freeing ten slaves, a hundred good deeds are recorded for him and a hundred bad deeds are wiped away and he has gained refuge from the devil that day until evening and none shall come with anything better except someone who has done more.
[Sahih al-Bukhari; 4:95, Muslim; 4:2071]

لَآ اِلهَ اِلاَّ اللّهُ وَاحِدًا اَحَدًا صَمَدًا لَّمْ يَتَّخِذْ صَاحِبَةً وَّ لاَ وَلَدًا وَّ لَمْ يَكُنْ لَّوْ كُفُوًا اَحَدٌ
La illaha ilAllahu, Wahidda(n), Ahada(n), Samada(n), lam yatakhidh sahiba(n). Wa la walada, wa la yak(n)ul-lahu kufuwan Ahad
(There is no God except Allah, the One and Only, the Eternal, Who has not taken a partner nor a son. And there is none like unto Him)

Whoever says the words above ten times, then 40,000 (forty thousand) good deeds will be recorded for him
[Ahmad]

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الْعَظِيمَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْْقَيُّومُ وَ أَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ
Astaghfirullah al-'Adheemal-ladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum wa atubu ilai
(I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy except Him, the Living, The Eternal, and I repent unto Him)

Whoever says the above words, Allah will forgive him even if he deserted the army's ranks

[Abu Dawud 2/85, at-Tirmithi 5/569, Al-Hakim who declared it authentic and ath-Thahabi agreed with him 1/511]

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّى لاَ إِلهَ إِلاَ أَنْتَ ، خَلَقْتَنِى وَ أنَا عَبْدُكَ وَ أنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ ما اسْتَطَعْتُ ، أعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِ مَا صَنَعْت ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَىَّ وَ أبُوءُ بِذَنْبى فَاغْفِرْ لِى فإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta
(O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

The above du'a is known as the Sayyid al-Istighfar and is the most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah.

Whoever says it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 8, 75 #318]

If someone implements ten verses of the Qur'an, He/She will not be considerate amongst the negligent on the Day of Judgment
[Abu Dawud, Ibn Hibban - sahih]

If someone implements one hundred verses of the Qur'an, He/She will be considered among the obedient on the Day of Judgment.

If someone implements one thousand verses of the Qur'an, He/She will be amongst the extremely rich on the Day of Judgement.

Far7an
04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Barakallah feek

Arwa
04-15-2005, 11:09 PM

wow masha'Allah
Lot's of great stuff!
JazkaAllah for sharing :)

WomanOfJihad
04-15-2005, 11:13 PM

SubhanAllah ..we Cud Gain so Much easily by Doin DHIKR ..

JazaKallahu kHairan.

Uthman
04-16-2005, 11:35 AM

Jazakallah khairan. :)

Protected_Diamond
10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Asalamualykum warahmatulahi wabarakathu

jazahka Allah khair

walakumasalaam warahmatulahi wabarakathu

waji
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Aslam u Alikum
Jazak Allah Mash'Allah
Walikum as Salam

Shadow
11-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Jazak Allah Khair for the posts
peace be upon u all

------
09-10-2006, 01:49 PM
This quote rocks!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2006, 06:26 PM
:salamext:

when evil thoughts come into our minds cant we say:

Audhubillah himinash shaytaanir rajeem

:? :?

:wasalamex:

jazakAllah khair

Ghazi
09-10-2006, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed

jazakAllah khair
Welcome back bro.

Kittygyal
09-10-2006, 07:04 PM
salam.
good thread mashallah.
w.salam

- Qatada -
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed

jazakAllah khair

We advise you not to pay any attention to these whispers, and to ignore them, and to do the opposite of what they are calling you to do. For these whispers (waswaas) come from the Shaytaan to cause grief to those who believe. The best way to deal with them is to remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr), to seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan [by saying: a`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani ar-rajim; I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed).], to keep away from sins and wrong actions which are the means by which Iblees gains control over the sons of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, he [the Shaytaan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allaah)”

[al-Nahl 16:99]

It is worth quoting here what Ibn Hajar al-Haythami (may Allaah have mercy on him) said about dealing with waswasah in his book al-Fataawa al-Fiqhiyyah al-Kubra, 1/149. This is what he said:

“He was asked about the problem of waswasah (insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan), and whether there is a remedy for it.

He replied by saying that there is an effective remedy for it, which is to ignore them completely, no matter how frequently they may come to mind. When these whispers are ignored, they do not become established, rather they go away after a short time, as many people have experienced. But for those who pay attention to them and act upon them, they increase until they make him like one who is insane or even worse, as we see among many of those who have suffered from them and paid attention to them and to the devil whose task it is to insinuate these whispers, whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us against when he said, “Beware the whispers with regard to water (i.e., wudoo’) which is caused by a devil called al-Walhaan” – because that causes a person to go to extremes with regard to doing wudoo’, as was explained in Sharh Mishkaat al-Anwaar.

In al-Saheehayn there is a report which supports what has been mentioned above, which is that whoever suffers from waswaas should seek refuge with Allaah and turn away from the waswaas. So think about this effective remedy which was taught by the one who does not speak of his own whims and desires to his ummah, and understand that whoever is deprived of this is deprived of all goodness, because waswasah comes from the Shaytaan, according to scholarly consensus, and the accursed one (the Shaytaan) has no other desire than to make the believers go astray, make them confused, make their life a misery, cause them distress to the extent that they leave Islam without realizing it.

“Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy”

[Faatir 35:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

According to another hadeeth, the one who suffers from waswasah should say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers).” Undoubtedly, whoever thinks of the paths of the Messengers of Allaah, especially our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will find that his path and his law is easy and clear, with no hardship in it.

“… and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever ponders this and believes in it sincerely, the problem of waswasah and listening to the Shaytaan will go away. In the book of Ibn al-Sunni it is narrated via ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), “Whoever suffers from this waswaas, let him say ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers)’, three times, and it will go away from him.”

Al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam and others mentioned something similar to the above. They said: the treatment for waswasah is to believe that this is an idea from the Shaytaan and that Iblees is the one who is bringing these thoughts to his mind, and he should strive to fight him. Then he will have the reward of the mujaahid, because he is fighting the enemy of Allaah. If he does that, then the Shaytaan will flee from him. This is what mankind has been tested with from the beginning of time, and Allaah has given him (Iblees) some power over man as a test for him, so that Allaah may show the truth to be true and falsehood to be false, even though the disbelievers may hate that.

In Muslim, hadeeth no. 2203, it is narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas said: “The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur’aan. He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ] said: ‘That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.’ I did that, and Allaah took him away from me.”

This hadeeth proves the point we are making, which is that waswasah can only overpower the one who is ignorant and confused and does not know what’s what. But the one who has knowledge and understanding will the Sunnah and keep away from bid’ah. The worst of the innovators are those who follow waswaas, hence Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated that his shaykh al-Rabee’ – who was the imam of the people of his time – was the fastest of the people in relieving himself and doing wudoo’.

Ibn Hurmuz used to be slow in relieving himself and in doing wudoo’, and he used to say “I have a problem, do not follow my example.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said that one of the scholars thought it was mustahabb for the one who was affected by waswasah with regard to his wudoo or prayer to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, for when the Shaytaan hears dhikr (remembrance of Allaah) he slinks away, and Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is the best of dhikr, and the most effective remedy for warding off waswasah is to remember Allaah a great deal.

We ask Allaah to take away the waswasah that you are suffering and to increase us and you in faith, righteousness and piety. Ameen.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

You may feel afraid that you're sinful for getting all these satanic whispers (waswasa), even though its not your fault. But alhamdulillah (praise be to Allaah Almighty) - our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Allaah has forgiven for my ummah that which is whispered to them and which crosses their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6664; Muslim, 127)

Maimunah
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
mashaAllah bro
j/khayr for the info.

And say "O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Evil Ones.
"And I seek refuge with Thee O my Lord! lest they should come near me." (suraa 23)

wasalaam

- Qatada -
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM

I also heard in a lecture that Ibn ul Qayyim (ra) said something similar to that: "a`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani ar-rajim;" I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed) is like a sharp/powerful sword.

It will easily kill and destroy the enemy, but if the user of it doesn't have the strength and the ability to control the sword, it will be of no use. So the stronger a persons emaan (faith) is - the more powerful it will be against the enemy - shaytaan insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

ktl1509
09-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Masha Allah thank you sister

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.