/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kills His Owner

chacha_jalebi
01-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Dog kills owner in horror attack

Police said the dog was "dangerously out of control"
A 78-year-old man has died hours after being mauled by his rottweiler dog as he lay on an east London street.
Witnesses said James Rehill "looked like a doll" as the animal shook and bit him in Plaistow, on Sunday morning.

Residents tried to free Mr Rehill but it was only when police officers discharged six fire extinguishers at the dog that it released its owner.

Mr Rehill was taken to hospital suffering from severe head and facial injuries and died later that night.

Aziz Rahman, 32, saw the attack, which happened at about 0700 GMT, from his bedroom window.

Baseball bats

He said: "There was a man lying on the floor and a dog was over him, licking and biting him.

"He looked like a doll, the dog was pulling at him.

A police officer used a fire extinguisher to scare the dog off

"There was blood all over his face."

Mr Rahman described how residents had tried to distract the dog by hitting baseball bats against a wall but the animal did not respond.

He said: "There must have been 10 to 12 police cars but nobody could do anything to get the dog off him.

"Eventually one officer used a fire extinguisher to scare the dog off."

Police have launched an investigation into the death.

A police statement said armed officers were called because the dog was "dangerously out of control".

Local taxi driver Bill Collins said he regularly saw the man walking his dog but he did not believe the animal was a "mad dog".

Newham Borough Commander Nick Bracken said: "This is a very tragic incident and our thoughts today are obviously with the family and friends of the deceased man."

He said his officers "put their lives at risk" to protect other members of the public.
source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cognescenti
01-28-2008, 11:12 PM
That dog would have lasted about 20 seconds after the first officer arrived in any American city. :thankyou:

Fire extinguishers? On a rottweiler? ^o)

Still, I give the officers credit for courage.

MartyrX
01-28-2008, 11:14 PM
My question is what did he do to make this dog that way?

SHAH G
01-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Well dog are like us may be he i had a bad and thought i had enough and starting biting him. I myself keep pitbull for 6 yearz and i had no problems.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
01-29-2008, 02:18 AM
:sl:

:uuh: Creepy!

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 02:22 AM
"There must have been 10 to 12 police cars but nobody could do anything to get the dog off him
wow...and i thought american cops were a bit dumb..hehe...they were all like 5 cop cars across the street from us and when we find out what was going on it was just about some dude riding skateboard in the streets..lol..we were like wow 5 cars to hold him down in case he takes the board and skates away...lol..

and why is EVERYONE and EVERYTHING in LONDON!!!! yall are reeeallly makin me wanna live there now.!!!!

sorry...

another thing...10 to 12 cop cars and 1 dog...hmm..and they had a bat hitting the WALL...they could've hit the DOG!! they prolly thought they gonna wait till he dead then the dog wud be full and not want them nomore.lol..this is hilarius...london cops make me laugh almost as much as american cops do..hehe...

this post is not meant to offend anyone..sorry again

:w:

MartyrX
01-29-2008, 02:39 AM
I don't know the laws in the U.K. but we have laws against abusing animals in the states.

*Hana*
01-29-2008, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
That dog would have lasted about 20 seconds after the first officer arrived in any American city. :thankyou:

Still, I give the officers credit for courage.
I don't think the police officers in Britain carry guns do they? At least they never used to. Apparently they only carry fire extinguishers. :giggling:

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 03:07 AM
^ lol it wud be like a person robs a bank and they say 'FREEZE OR I WILL SPRAY U WIT THIS THING!' LOL...

yeah jeffx that true..

Muslim Knight
01-29-2008, 03:26 AM
I hate dogs. They ate my kittens and now little Mike is gone.

thirdwatch512
01-29-2008, 03:42 AM
Lol I have 3 dogs and one cat, and the cat is MUCH more violent then the dogs! I have never once been bitten by any of my dogs but the cat is so stubborn that he will bite me to wake me up! lol it is so funny seeing a cat bite.

Anyways but yeah, sad to hear. People need to start training their dogs better, and people themselves need to quit abusing animals so much. Dogs become violent because they are usually taught that way.

Muezzin
01-29-2008, 10:45 AM
And if it were a Brazillian on the London Underground, it would be swiss cheese in ten. :thankyou:

Said rottweiler was still biting the victim by the sounds of it - it would be a bad idea to shoot it while it was still attached, so to speak. Dogs' jaws lock, and you don't really want to do anything to forcibly tear the animal away from the victim lest you injure the victim further in the process.

Anyway, there are armed response squads in the UK too. Automatic weapons, flak jackets, those cool caps - the whole shebang.

Really though, if you keep a rottweiler, what in the blue heck do you expect? They're inherently dangerous. Not to condone any abuse suffered by the dog, or the injuries sustained by its owner. Not even to blame the owner as such.

It's just common sense, especially with the spate of dangerous dog-related maulings (usually on children) that have recently occured in the UK.

MartyrX
01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Actually it's not the animals that are the problem it's the owners. People need to train their dogs by learning to themselves or taking them to obedience school.

If you have proof that Rottweilers or any other dog is dangerous beyond what the media like to portray then post it please.

http://www.anapsid.org/pdv-boid.html

The link above shows that horse kill more people every year than dogs.

And here's a link showing that child abuse by humans is much more deadly.

http://www.childdeathreview.org/causesCAN.htm

Cognescenti
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
Actually it's not the animals that are the problem it's the owners. People need to train their dogs by learning to themselves or taking them to obedience school.

If you have proof that Rottweilers or any other dog is dangerous beyond what the media like to portray then post it please.
I don't diasagree that malevolent owners can make things worse, but let's get real, Rottweilrs have been bred for fighting. If you can breed a dog to look like a polska kilbasa with little tiny legs you can breed an aggressive breed.

Here, a couple of Rotts attack an adult female moose (they had her by the nose) and are only driven off by a guy with a truck and a gun. :-\ The day I read an article about a moose being mauled by golden retrievers, I will cede your point.

http://www.anapsid.org/pdv-boid.html

The link above shows that horse kill more people every year than dogs.
That may be true, but if there were 2000 lb rottweilers we would all be in trouble

And here's a link showing that child abuse by humans is much more deadly.

http://www.childdeathreview.org/causesCAN.htm
Perhaps, but that doesn't let rottweilers off the hook.

Cognescenti
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
And if it were a Brazillian on the London Underground, it would be swiss cheese in ten. :thankyou:
Uggh. That was a tragic episode.

Said rottweiler was still biting the victim by the sounds of it - it would be a bad idea to shoot it while it was still attached, so to speak. Dogs' jaws lock, and you don't really want to do anything to forcibly tear the animal away from the victim lest you injure the victim further in the process.
I think making the dog angry was the least of the problems at the time. :-)

Ali.
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Man. Poor guy.

I've never really liked dogs.

Pk_#2
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Aww that's sad, why didn't the guy at the window do something, he cudv'e suffocated the dof enough so that he released the man, the dog wouldn't have died innay

Ahh man that's sad, he died aswell, ouch!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

MTAFFI
01-29-2008, 05:09 PM
This is sad because someone must have witnessed a large portion of this event, think about it... the police had to be called and arrived and there were 10 to 12 to respond before someone could get this beast off an old man. Had to be a horrific sight, I wish I could have been there for this man :( what a horrible death it must be to be eaten alive by a rott... I cant believe someone didnt have a weapon to off this animal from the beginning, even a knife could have worked, simply lift and stab into the back of the things neck, or let it attack and cut its throat... man I just cant imagine

Is it not legal to bear arms in London?

MartyrX
01-29-2008, 05:24 PM
[

Perhaps, but that doesn't let rottweilers off the hook.[/QUOTE]

While it doesn't it shows how people are much more cruel and destructive to each other than animals.

Ninth_Scribe
01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
My question is what did he do to make this dog that way?
You don't want to hear the answer. I'm betting that it's even more disgusting than the reason why the tiger attacked those kids (who confessed to taunting it by the way). Anyway, these types of dogs are great for dog fights, and that has become a nasty sub-culture here. Even one of my old friends bred dogs and sponsored dog fights. I hate when this happens because these are very powerful animals and mankind still thinks it can abuse them. Besides this, you would have to really be evil to have a dog turn on you. Normally, they're extremely loyal.

The Ninth Scribe

kitten
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
:sl:

yet another reason for me to hate dogs :s

Noora
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
quite sad really...biting the hand that feeds you so to speak...but its no different than humans attacking eachother really, doesnt mean all dogs are dangerous.
Quite funny that most people know that if you splash water on a dog it usually seperates them from whatever they are latching on to and not one of the 10-12 cops did that in the first place...hmmmm...

Ninth_Scribe
01-29-2008, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora
Quite funny that most people know that if you splash water on a dog it usually seperates them from whatever they are latching on to and not one of the 10-12 cops did that in the first place...hmmmm...
I wouldn't recommend that as a way to deal with a Rottweiler. I wouldn't recommend raising your hand to one either. The only thing you can do when they challenge you is submit (kneel down). They won't fight you if you don't fight them.

The Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
I wouldn't recommend that as a way to deal with a Rottweiler. I wouldn't recommend raising your hand to one either. The only thing you can do when they challenge you is submit (kneel down). They won't fight you if you don't fight them.

The Ninth Scribe
any dogs that force their human master to submit, should be a dead dog

Noora
01-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Nineth scribe. This information was given to me by my previous vet(when i had two dogs)...although i didnt have any rotweilers....

Mtaffi..i think its meant in a way to show the dog you mean them no harm, not actually submitting to them. Dogs wont hurt people intentionally unless they have been taught to attack or they themselves are in fear of you, that you are going to attack them(self defence), but iguess i could be wrong..after all animals like humans are different and dont all behave the same way.

MartyrX
01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
any dogs that force their human master to submit, should be a dead dog
I'll say it again if the dog had proper training and handling this would have never happened. This is purely the fault of the owner who never took the time to properly discipline his dog and probably was abusive to the dog as well. Their are millions of dogs across the world who never act this way, because people took the time to train their dogs and didn't beat them or neglect them.

Ninth_Scribe
01-30-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll say it again if the dog had proper training and handling this would have never happened. This is purely the fault of the owner who never took the time to properly discipline his dog and probably was abusive to the dog as well. Their are millions of dogs across the world who never act this way, because people took the time to train their dogs and didn't beat them or neglect them.
Ah, but no one is required to take a course and get a license. Any idiot with a few hundred bucks can buy one... and quite a number of humans think they can mistreat and abuse them. But if you threaten certain types of dogs, they will defend themselves, and they're every bit as effective as Tatiana (the female tiger). In that state, they operate on pure instinct and cannot be reasoned with. They are not slaves, so they are not "good" pets. On the flip-side though, I've yet to meet an animal like this that attacked for no reason.

The Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
I get what you are saying, dogs develop differently depending on their enviroment. Here is the thing though, for example, my wife has a tendancy to bring stray animals home, since we have a very large piece of property I dont care because they can just run and half the time I dont see them anyways, except my house dog, but this one time my wife brought a black lab mix home with her, it seemed like a very nice dog, it liked to lick and play and it actually hung around the house rather than go run around on the land. One afternoon I went walking and for no reason at all the dog followed me for a minute and then bit me on the arm. I had to hit the dog with the butt of my gun to get him off and he seemed as though he wanted to attack again but fortunately I always carry a pistol and was able to shoot him. What did I do to that dog? My whole point is not all dogs are good, and the second you see that you have an agressive animal you will be better off killing it. In this case, I cant see a man in his 70's beating on a rottwieler and provoking it to attack, although I guess we will never know

Cognescenti
01-31-2008, 08:37 PM
I like dogs. I have two labs. But let's not pretend dogs don't have inherent levels of aggression that varies by individual and even by breed.

Remember...domestic dogs weren't beamed down from a spaceship. They were intentionally bred by men from wolves. They no doubt selected those wolves who were less aggressive and more communal but still they are derived from wild animal stock. I wonder if anyone would let a pack of wild wolves lick peanut butter off their toddler's face? Ditto a bunch of rottweilers....even if they were raised by Mother Theresa.

My experience with most rottweiler owners is they are ill-educated jerks. At least we can't balme the dogs for that. Not all rottweilers are hyper-aggressive..not all rottweiler owners have prison tattoos...but there is definitely a bias.

MaiCarInMtl
01-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Sure, some dogs are bred with certain characteristics or traits in mind (ie bull-baiting, fighting, guard, etc). But genes only influence things to a certain point, their main influence is their owners, the way they are trained and raised.

I know many people who have had nothing but pit bulls for decades and they love this breed more than any other - they are supposed to be extremely loyal and affectionate. So really, I think it all comes down to (in most cases) how they are raised and trained. One dog that used to be fearsome was the English Bull Dog - bred to attack bulls and hold onto the muzzle for long periods of time until the bull finally gives in. Fearsome dogs and fighters! Now they are big babies who make great family dogs, very loyal and protective of their families.

I'd like people to also keep in mind that small dogs tend to bite people more than large dogs. But you never hear any complaints because they don't do as much damage - either way, a bite is still a bite! Small dogs are much more agressive than large dogs.

Keltoi
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
The reality is that a dog can turn aggressive for no reason whatsoever. You don't have to beat a pit bull to make it aggressive, it is in the breeding. Sure, I've met plenty of good natured pit bulls, but all it takes is one moments confusion or anger and the pit bull is suddenly not so good natured.

I love dogs, and 9 out of 10 times they are loyal and loving their entire lives...but exceptions to the rule always exist. This poor old man was one of the exceptions.

MTAFFI
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The reality is that a dog can turn aggressive for no reason whatsoever. You don't have to beat a pit bull to make it aggressive, it is in the breeding. Sure, I've met plenty of good natured pit bulls, but all it takes is one moments confusion or anger and the pit bull is suddenly not so good natured.

I love dogs, and 9 out of 10 times they are loyal and loving their entire lives...but exceptions to the rule always exist. This poor old man was one of the exceptions.
I agree, this is what I was trying to convey in my example before.. I have no problem with dogs, but as Cog said, they are animals that ultimately were bred from wolves. In a confusing or unusual situation they will revert to their more aggressive side as a form of self preservation. It is the same with any animal, wild or domestic, and animals should be treated as such.

In this particular situation though with an old man being mauled to death, I just cant see what that man could have done to provoke this animal to not only bit but actually maul and continue to maul. That animal in my opinion had a thirst to kill, and with that in mind I must agree that it is in that dogs breeding and blood.

ranma1/2
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
Lol I have 3 dogs and one cat, and the cat is MUCH more violent then the dogs! I have never once been bitten by any of my dogs but the cat is so stubborn that he will bite me to wake me up! lol it is so funny seeing a cat bite.

Anyways but yeah, sad to hear. People need to start training their dogs better, and people themselves need to quit abusing animals so much. Dogs become violent because they are usually taught that way.
we use to have a grey ragdoll persian named "FLUFF"
she was a demon cat. she literally stared down any dog that crossed her path "witnessed it over 7 times" and she had the personality of..
Scratch... pet me..
scratch.. stop petting me.

Cognescenti
02-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Notice how civilized the discussion is when we are discussing pets :happy:

MTAFFI
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Notice how civilized the discussion is when we are discussing pets :happy:
lol.. that is because animals dont have SOULS :Evil:, so no one gets too offended..lol

qassy!
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
rottweiler are dangerous dog my friend had one they police put it down because there dangerous I think there illegal in the UK not sure

But I want a German sheppard myself :)

truemuslim
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
...just stick wit a fishy...it harmless...mine fell down the sink tho...but i dunt care.lol

Ninth_Scribe
02-01-2008, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
... but all it takes is one moments confusion or anger and the pit bull is suddenly not so good natured.
Exactly. These are not bred to be house pets.

The Ninth Scribe

truemuslim
02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
man this story just disgust me...ew...that sick...ew...ew...i just read it again (paying attention) and thats sick...and london police are worse than american police...why wud they hit the bat on the wall instead of the dog...too scared of risking there lives..lol...okey im done..

( i still like london tho)

MartyrX
02-01-2008, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
...just stick wit a fishy...it harmless...mine fell down the sink tho...but i dunt care.lol
Unless you have a lionfish or something that could eat you.

Anyways the point of an animal turning on someone for self-preservation could be used for people as well.

Dogs have been around for 10000 years if not so much and yes are descendants from the grey wolf. But that would mean all dogs could be killers at a moments notice. I've had plenty of dogs in my life and have known plenty of dogs in my life. I've only been bit twice and one was my fault and the other was the dog was old and senial. As a kid we had a dog that my sister and I could lay on, grab food from, hang from, and we never had it react aggressively to us.

truemuslim
02-01-2008, 10:04 PM
^ goldfishys then...or umm 'cute' (tryna fit in wit the girlys...i dunt kno how u can find a fishy cute tho) blue fishy..i had one...its sick to touch tho...i never done it but my brothers used to mess wit it all the time (i think it commited sucide...lol jk) they cover its thingy tank and all and then hold them tail and all tickin them off.lol... my EVIILL bro (away from me now..hehe im free) is so evil he chased a cat into the house then made it fall in the toilet and covered the toilet wit a bucket and flushed while laughing (yes yes i was laughing too u cant help it but yeah i felt bad) of course it got out then and ran out the window...poor kitty...it was ramadan too...sorry to get off topic...

anyway dogs bite...cats scratch...dogs look hidious cats look cute...bulldogs look like my nieghbor kittys lok like...umm.. nvm... i ran out..lol..bye... i hate DOGS!! SICK SICK SICK DROOLING KILLING EVIL LIL DOGGIES!!

Tania
02-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I always blame the people for dogs behaviour problems. :-[

Cognescenti
02-03-2008, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I always blame the people for dogs behaviour problems. :-[
This is somewhat true. One of my labs had a problem with biting her tial for the longest time. As soon as I stopped doing it, she stopped too. I think psychologists call it modeling.

*Hana*
02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
This is somewhat true. One of my labs had a problem with biting her tial for the longest time. As soon as I stopped doing it, she stopped too. I think psychologists call it modeling.
You were biting your tail or biting your dog's tail. :mmokay:

:giggling:

angrywinds
02-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Mr Rahman described how residents had tried to distract the dog by hitting baseball bats against a wall but the animal did not respond.
Why didn't they try hitting the dog with the bat?

These kinds of things prove dangerous attack dogs, should NOT be domisticated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.