/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Red wine.

qassy!
01-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Salam

This might sound like a stupid thread but trust me its not!

Okay

Now.....Alcohol is harm correct?

BUT

When you have medicine (well the syrup medicines) they contact Alcohol, guessing this is halah because its helping you in what ever way your feeling ill correct?

now........

My fitness instructor told me to have two ounces of red wine a day today this because it has many benefits such as living a loner life and reducing heart disease, its actually a proven fact doing my research for the past hour.

So IF medicine which contacts Alcohols is halah shouldn't red wine be halah?

btw just want to get one thing straight I am not going to drink it just asking....
Jazaa Kalah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
01-29-2008, 02:27 AM
:sl:

No, it is 100% NOT halal!:thumbs_do The medicine is only taken because have no other real option.

Red wine is not the only thing that is going to improve your health - there are other halal alternatives that don't have the risk of making your lose your mind. :thumbs_up

Remember that Allah said explicitly in the Quran that there is some benefit in alcohol but that the harm outweighs the good in it.

I found this interesting:

Should I start drinking more red wine now?

The answer is No. Studies showed that alcohol drinking may increase triglycerides (another Bad blood lipids) and result in weight gain due to its empty calories. Other studies also suggested that alcohol consumption is associated with cancer risk. Read Alcohol and Cancer. The American Heart Association cautions people NOT to start drinking if they do not already drink alcohol.
And even more importantly:

Key: Grapes, many other fruits and vegetables and regular physical activities offer the same benefits for heart as seen in alcohol. Include a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet to maximize the heart health benefits.

http://www.healthcastle.com/redwine-heart.shtml

ikaj
01-29-2008, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Salam

This might sound like a stupid thread but trust me its not!

Okay

Now.....Alcohol is harm correct?

BUT

When you have medicine (well the syrup medicines) they contact Alcohol, guessing this is halah because its helping you in what ever way your feeling ill correct?

now........

My fitness instructor told me to have two ounces of red wine a day today this because it has many benefits such as living a loner life and reducing heart disease, its actually a proven fact doing my research for the past hour.

So IF medicine which contacts Alcohols is halah shouldn't red wine be halah?

btw just want to get one thing straight I am not going to drink it just asking....
Jazaa Kalah
what do you mean many benefits such as "living a loner life"?
btw i don't know how people have a glass of red wine every night with dinner.. a glass of red wine gets me drunk...i guess bc of my small size..

snakelegs
01-29-2008, 02:34 AM
nowdays, there is really good quality grape juice available - some even comes in fancy bottles.
i don't think there is any health benefit in wine that you can't get with grape juice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Hana*
01-29-2008, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
nowdays, there is really good quality grape juice available - some even comes in fancy bottles.
i don't think there is any health benefit in wine that you can't get with grape juice.
Yup, I absolutely agree. It's definitely not the alcohol that's beneficial!

Hana

Khayal
01-29-2008, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Yup, I absolutely agree. It's definitely not the alcohol that's beneficial!

Hana

:sl:

I am not responding to the thread, as its already well said by others...

BUT the quote in your siggy is wonderful... :)

:w:

thirdwatch512
01-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Studies show that you will live longer if you drink 7 glasses of wine!
Lol I drink 2.. One at dinner, one at night.

I am assuming that in Islam it is Haram because you have to look at both sides.. There is positive in negative in all. We have to determine which one outweighs what.

For example, with this wine issue.. It is delicious, it makes you live longer, it gives you a nice buzz here and there. But if you overly take it, then the outcome can be gravely bad..

Obviously, many of us our mature to know our bounds when drinking alcohol. But there are others who go overboard. I am assuming it is banned in Islam so that people will not be able to go overboard.

I drink wine every day. I love it! and I know my boundaries.. when enough is enough, etc. I drink it as a casual drink rather then something to get drunk off of.

But others are different. Which is why it is banned in Islam I assume!

------
01-29-2008, 04:54 PM
edit

minaz
01-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Its also prohibited because of the 'abuse of alcohol'- basically becoming drunk.

I have not had experiences with being drunk- therefore I can't comment if people know when they have crossed the boundry whilst drinking to become drunk. But at University I know and seen people abusing the use of alcohol and ending up making a complete shambles of themselves! It seems harmless, however i guess the bad side outweighs the good as crime and alcohol are linked. Also Muslims pray 5 times a day, and being intoxicated voids a prayer- let alone distracts your concentration.

I've had non-alcoholic wine once- it tasted like piss. But I was told its cuz I have not "aqquired the taste of it early on in life"- still tasted foul!

i don't know what part Red wine is beneficial (alcohol content or grape)- Wine and grape juices are like £2 a bottle minimum...Why don't you just have Red Bull :D :D :D

The_Prince
01-29-2008, 05:36 PM
As the Quran says, there is some benefit in wine, but the harm is greater than the benefit.

:) the Quran already told of us these facts before these doctors and scientists did.

krypton6
01-29-2008, 05:38 PM
^^ What you muslim?

MaiCarInMtl
01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Have some grapes, pomegranate and berries which are full of vitamins, antioxidants and taste great!

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 09:23 PM
...yep like they already said there is already normal alcohal free grape juice in the store...better than wine..

:w:

sur
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Alcohol is a carcinogen(cancer causing agent) whether u put it in red or green or blue juice.

By-the-way, is there any alcohol-free wine??? Someone asked on a forum whether it's permitted to take alcohol-free wine.

As the Quran says, there is some benefit in wine, but the harm is greater than the benefit.

the Quran already told of us these facts before these doctors and scientists did.
but it doesn't say those benefits r in drinking it. There r topical uses as anti-septic etc.

mimian
01-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Alcohol is haram !thats a no no.

qassy!
02-01-2008, 07:57 PM
good good agree !its haram

MooRocks75
02-02-2008, 01:36 AM
funny thing is I too have been contemplating the same thing, but so far have stayed away form it :) and I live in a Christian country. My neighbor in egypt, and a cousin are drinking and smoking pot!

MaiCarInMtl
02-02-2008, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
By-the-way, is there any alcohol-free wine??? Someone asked on a forum whether it's permitted to take alcohol-free wine.
I've heard that "alcohol-free" beer is not actually alcohol-free, it still has a small percentage of alcohol in it. But someone would have to check that just to make sure.

PS who would want to drink alcohol-free beer? The regular stuff tastes bad enough on its own, why put yourself through the experience without the taste bud numbing after effects? I never understood the big attraction to alcohol anyway.

snakelegs
02-02-2008, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
I've heard that "alcohol-free" beer is not actually alcohol-free, it still has a small percentage of alcohol in it. But someone would have to check that just to make sure.

PS who would want to drink alcohol-free beer? The regular stuff tastes bad enough on its own, why put yourself through the experience without the taste bud numbing after effects? I never understood the big attraction to alcohol anyway.
i drink non-alcoholic beer now and then - with certain food. i like it because it isn't sweet (like pop). it does contain a minute amount of alcohol, so it would be haram. however, it would be impossible to drink enough of it to feel it.
as for "wine" - you can buy excellent quality grape juice in fancy bottles with 0 alcohol.

anonymous
02-02-2008, 04:16 AM
...well bro qassy got his answer so..um..

-closed- ?

qassy!
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
...well bro qassy got his answer so..um..

-closed- ?
why are people obsessed with closing threads on this forum ?

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 07:55 PM
lol yeah i kno i was thinkin the exact same thing...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.