/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone through any kind of hardship?

syilla
01-29-2008, 10:28 AM
:salamext:

Please share your experience. Do you ever experience of not having enough money to buy food or pay bills?

What do you learn from it?

How do you cope with it?

Did it change you to a better person and more succesful than before?

I've experienced once...but i want to hear from you guys first. :-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
:wasalamex sis
I have experienced this before. It was when I was 16-17 years old when I was not muslim.

My parents had just seperated, and my dad left to the other side of Australia. I decided to stay in Sydney with my mum.. she had just left her job for my brother (long story) so we had hardly any money.. my sister and my two nephews had to come live with us because she was in an abusive relationship involving all sorts of illegal stuff..

So we had 6 people living with us, with hardly any income at all. I remember going days just eating 2 pieces of bread with vegemite (aussies will know what this is) or honey.. The food we did buy, my nephews (who were very very very naughty) would ruin it somehow in the early hours of the morning when we were all sleeping.

It was very stressful time for all of us, my mum threatened to commit suicide on numerous occasions and my dad very rarely helped with money.

My mum got soo behind in debt, she is still to this day in debt from those times (about 4-5 years ago).

We were patient alhamdulillah and made do with what we had and then my mum found a job alhamdulillah. My sister moved out and got married mashaAllah and my mum met someone and moved in with him (she is non muslim)..

I'd say these hardships I went through, changed my way of thinking. I thought more in depth about things which i think, is one of the reasons why I accepted Islam alhamdulillah.

Hamas
01-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Well i used to be in so much debt and i had no job to pay them off but now i have a job and ive almost paid all my debts off, its not a very big job and i dont get paid much, im thinking about my future money wise so im starting to study to become a plumber.

You get rich people you get poor people and you get people in the middle but the unfortunate ones are those who havnt any food to eat let alone money to spend, my heart goes out to those who die and who are dying of starvation, we just use as a figure of speech oh im starving to death but there are people around the world who are literally starving to death.

I guess you could call it a sad fact but the truth is the world is running on money and the world survives on money, obviously it is Allah who is keeping the world turning and He is the one who gives us sustenance but He has given man free choice and we are making wrong choices, go outside, how many things can you see that are not to do with money? you will find more things connected to money than things not connected to money, the sky, natural land and birds thats all i see not to do with money well thats if you dont live in a farm with a house made out of grass or something.

Sorry if im way off sister,

Assalamu Alakium.

AnonymousPoster
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
yeh health+behaviour wise.i learnt that people suffer from worse things then what i do. and there are other people who have hard times too its just that most people like to hide it and put up a happy face so that nobody would know what they are going through.im not sure if it changed me but certain struggles in my life have moulded me into the person i am today.yeh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
01-30-2008, 01:53 AM
twice in my life, i spent several years in bed in agony and several more years in learning to walk again. many times i wanted to die.
from this i learned to appreciate life and health and be thankful to God for everything, no matter how small. so many things i just took for granted before, so many things i didn't stop to appreciate.
it was a horrible experience both times - but i came out of it fabulously enriched.

syilla
02-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Jazakallah khayr all for all the inspirations stories.

InshaAllah i'll be more grateful with what i've now.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.