/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Finding The Best Friend

Periwinkle18
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Allah surely guides us out of darkness towards light...

A Wide Ocean, stretching for miles lay before me. Far away there was a wooden ship, floating away on the dark-coloured sea. The sun had set taking almost all the light of the world as if a lantern had just blown out. My friends had deserted me for superficial and shallow whims and fancies of life,

I stood up, my hands in my pockets and looked towards the sky with sadness as if I were looking for guidance. It was dark all around and I could barely make out the shapes of the objects around me.

Suddenly, I saw an old woman sitting on a white bench. Her face was calm and the silver in her hair reflected wisdom. Just as I was about to turn back she caught my sight and smiled gently. Unsure of myself I smiled back faintly. With a gesture of her hand she called me over. Hesitating to approach a complete stranger, I slowly moved towards her and took a seat at a careful distance. She smiled with a twinkle in her eyes, “is it not a beautiful evening?” trying to match her enthusiasm, I nodded gently, “Yes”. Eyeing me cautiously she inquired, “my child…why do you look so sad? I tried to force a smile, “Oh no, no, I was just strolling about on my own.

She looked into my face with her large brown eyes, closedthe book in her lap and carried on gently, “ Dear child, I do not know you or for that matter what ever it is that is bothering you, but I also have a grandchild just your age. She lives far away and we usually talk to each other through the letters on the computer! “I smiled, “ Oh you mean over the e-mail?” she criped, “yeah, that’s our postman! And you know whenever she is unhappy or lonely she always writes to me, and I always give her the same advice, “ Talk to your best friend and He will not only understand you but also guide you!”

I looked at her quizzically, “ Who is her best friend?” she boomed with delight, “ Why Allah of course!” Following my confused look she went on, “you see, many times in life there is hardly anything anyone can do for you but there is always something Allah can do for if you call out to Him. Then He sends you help and guidance through other people and sources. Let’s say…just now you may have bumped into me so that I can guide you. But in reality Allah worked it out for you, you see?”

It all started to sink in suddenly .She continued, “ Never give up.” Allah is Great and the Most Merciful. Never hope to find perfect friends in your life either. Allah is the only ‘Best Friend’ as you Him. He says so in the Quran, “And you cannot escape from Allah in the earth, and besides Allah you have neither any Wali (guardian or a protector) nor any helper.” (Surah Shura 42:31)

Then she stood up, bade me goodbye and left. After a little while, I, too, came out of my thoughts and moved on towards the edge of the ocean. I could still see the wooden ship moving away. But now I felt much better. There was light everywhere, even though the sun was not present.

All of a sudden I realized, Allah has chosen me over so many to find my way, and win now forever. Allah will certainly choose my friends for me so that I can stay guided and help others stumbling on the way. I would want no other replacement for this priceless relation with my Creator.

Dear Allah, thank you for being my

BEST FRIEND

Got this from a magazine thought i'd share it with you hope you guys like it.:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
:salamext:

Nice post Mashaa Allaah...

Ali.
01-29-2008, 04:09 PM
:sl:

Enjoyable read. Nice one:thumbs_up

:w:

Khayal
01-29-2008, 05:40 PM
:sl:

Nice one! jazaak ALLAH khayr. :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
02-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Thanks for reading :) i hav one more i'll postit when im free.

adeeb
02-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Nice......

Periwinkle18
11-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Bump :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.