/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
:sl:

just a quick thread that can be deleted after i get my answer inshallah...

are fireworks haram?? just wondering..we do them in our frunt yard on july 4...no we dont care bout july 4 its just the day cops are ready to look for ppl who pop 'em hehe(FUUUUUNNN!!!) sorry...anyway me and my brothers get smokers (the fireworks of course) and those that fly up and pop and all oh and the simple sparklers...

i dunt think it is haram becuse tons of muslims in detroit were doin it when we went (of course my brothers' blew up in the street..it lit up the whole street lol) so just let me kno!

jazakallah!! :w: :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
01-30-2008, 01:07 AM
YESS ITS APROVED!!...i didnt even notice..lol... :w:

------
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
:salamext:

There is a thread on this somewhere...let me find it and get back to you.

EDIT: There are several threads

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...n-existed.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...eworks-ok.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/6832-fireworks.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...riate-use.html

truemuslim
01-30-2008, 06:04 PM
okey thanks i will check 'em out

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-30-2008, 06:10 PM
hmm...so i read them...and they wouldnt be haram..

because we always get free fireworks (worth $200) lol and some lady (friend) gives us fireworks that she bought for free and we sometimes find them laying on the floor...so no..

and about the self harm ..just to make it clear the firework that blew up in the street in detroit DID NOT HARM ANYONE it just looked soooooo cute (and loud) and the streets were lighting in colorfulness its sooo beautiful!!

okey..:w:

Aaliyah~
01-30-2008, 08:32 PM
i've always wanted to know this!
thanx for the question and the answer!
i remember once (i was very young) our mosque teacher saw us doing fireworks around Diwali time.
now we weren't doing it cause of Diwali, but, we somehow managed to get our hands on some.
he wasn't very happy.....

qassy!
01-31-2008, 12:14 PM
meh I see fireworks in central london every new year where they spend £1.6 MILLION (about $3.3 million USD) of my tax paying money on fireworks! not $200

truemuslim
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
^^^ i kno but we cant afford all that....

this is the 'lil' price we pay (she got them frum a cheap place) and this is how much it is when U are gonna pop em urself...like in ur front yard..on the driveway.lol.

:w:

qassy!
01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^^^ i kno but we cant afford all that....

this is the 'lil' price we pay (she got them frum a cheap place) and this is how much it is when U are gonna pop em urself...like in ur front yard..on the driveway.lol.

lol? $200 USDis $100.52 GBP

£100 for fireworks no way!!

truemuslim
01-31-2008, 05:17 PM
lol u lost me... didnt u just finish sayin u pay million for fireworks?

p.s. 100 uk thingy is the same as 200 $ ?

Aaliyah~
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
^^
the value of dollar is roughly doubled into £ pounds.
i suppose its more now, last i heard the pound was gaining strength.

Aaliyah~
01-31-2008, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
meh I see fireworks in central london every new year where they spend £1.6 MILLION (about $3.3 million USD) of my tax paying money on fireworks! not $200
ye!
that and the christmas lighting:grumbling

qassy!
01-31-2008, 10:41 PM
lol u lost me... didnt u just finish sayin u pay million for fireworks?

p.s. 100 uk thingy is the same as 200 $ ?
nooo i dont spend millions I havent got millions 2 spend :(

I pay TAX, tax is somthing you have to pay when you work which goes to the goverment who spend the money I have 2 give them how they want mainly improving the country! - its somthing EVERY person has to give who pays TAX theres no way out of it

for example

if I earn £2000 per month I will only receve £1500

because £500 went 2 tax :(

Maybe your abit young to understand TAX!

Yeah its about £100 GBP

it cost more to live in the UK :(

Like for exmple an iPod touch 8GB in america cost $299 but buying from the UK it cost me $394 USD so its double

SO if I converted £1 GBP it would get me $2 USD making it cheaper over there

lol it sounds complicated!

truemuslim
01-31-2008, 10:45 PM
nooo i dont spend millions I havent got millions 2 spend :(

I pay TAX, tax is somthing you have to pay when you work which goes to the goverment who spend the money I have 2 give them how they want mainly improving the country! - its somthing EVERY person has to give who pays TAX theres no way out of it

for example

if I earn £2000 per month I will only receve £1500

because £500 went 2 tax :(

Maybe your abit young to understand TAX!

Yeah its about £100 GBP

it cost more to live in the UK :(

Like for exmple an iPod touch 8GB in america cost $299 but buying from the UK it cost me $394 USD so its double

SO if I converted £1 GBP it would get me $2 USD making it cheaper over there

lol it sounds complicated!
oh sorry i just misunderstood u bro.. (i kno what tax is tho.lol)

off topic: wow i didnt kno an ipod touch was $394!! i guess my bro wasnt lyin when he said he scammed a white boy and bought one for $50 .lol.

FatimaAsSideqah
01-31-2008, 10:49 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

It is permissible to use, sell and buy fireworks on the condition that this does not cause frightening or harming a Muslim, and would not lead one to neglect his religious obligations. In addition to this, their price should not be very expensive, as in this case they would be forbidden. Fireworks are permissible in principle but it they lead to something forbidden, which is the loss of money and spending money inappropriately, then this is wasting money which is forbidden.

We do not think that using fireworks involves worshipping the fire because not every person who uses the fire worships it.

Allah Only Knows best.

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

truemuslim
01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
^ ok thats good... the fireworks we do dont harm or frighten anyone... my baby sis (3) and my other sis (5) luv watching them...they never get scared no one does ...thanks sis

FatimaAsSideqah
01-31-2008, 10:58 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh to Sister of Islam.

You welcome. Yes thats is right, fireworks doesn't harm or frightening to anyone. But be careful for children who near those fireworks because it can harming them.

Peace be upon you, Siste of Islam!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

qassy!
01-31-2008, 11:01 PM
off topic: wow i didnt kno an ipod touch was $394!! i guess my bro wasnt lyin when he said he scammed a white boy and bought one for $50 .lol.
lol I love ur brother!!!!!

truemuslim
02-01-2008, 12:10 AM
lol I love ur brother!!!!!

lol...me too...he got me a blue gameboy SP for eid with 7 games...of course it was bcuz he bought it for like $10 from a kid at high school...and i had to pay for it then...(he is the one wit a job too!)

Mikayeel
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
salam 3alekum

i think its a waste of money!(if u had to buy it) u waste so much on jsut a bang!

------
02-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Please stay on topic.

truemuslim
02-03-2008, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
salam 3alekum

i think its a waste of money!(if u had to buy it) u waste so much on jsut a bang!

nooo we dont spend money on it tho...our nieghbor does that for us...lol

------
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM

^ So have you got ur answer sis? Thread closed?

truemuslim
02-03-2008, 07:35 PM
yep... my asnwer : nope its not haram... bcuz i dont harm no one..so yeah thread closed...if u want

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.