/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Russian Federation will safe gaurd the Muslims Rights in Western World ????

AFDAL
01-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Russian Federation will safe gaurd the rights of Muslims in the western world. Is it a reality or fantastic illusion !!!!!!!. Russian is a land of 35 million muslims.

http://www.islam.ru/pressclub/islamofobia/rudoviz/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
01-30-2008, 01:11 AM
well, i don't read russian. i guess like they do in chechnya? :(

Whatsthepoint
01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AFDAL
Russian Federation will safe gaurd the rights of Muslims in the western world. Is it a reality or fantastic illusion !!!!!!!. Russian is a land of 35 million muslims.

http://www.islam.ru/pressclub/islamofobia/rudoviz/
They're certainly not to keen in safeguarding THEIR muslims..
Correction, it's a home to ~15 million muslims.

AFDAL
01-30-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
They're certainly not to keen in safeguarding THEIR muslims..
Correction, it's a home to ~15 million muslims.
According to Muslim source of Russia there are more than 35 million muslims in Russian Federation. Lets not see about the quantity and look at the quality of Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
01-31-2008, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AFDAL
According to Muslim source of Russia there are more than 35 million muslims in Russian Federation. Lets not see about the quantity and look at the quality of Muslims.
Muslim sources often exaggerate, but yeah, let's!

Trumble
01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
well, i don't read russian. i guess like they do in chechnya? :(
Pretty much what I was thinking... I would thought "muslim rights" were far more threatened in Russia than in the "Western World". Surely nobody can be that gullible. How exactly would these threatened rights be "safeguarded" by Putin, anyway? What rights, exactly, ARE threatened?

Note the word 'Federation', by the way. One the major Russian policy priorities is preserving the integrity of their remaining post Cold War territory and influence. Most of those muslims either live in or came from areas that were forceably annexed at some point. Many don't even want to be "Russians", of which the Chechnyans are the best example. It's a political game, Putin is cosying up to any element that is seen as 'anti' US in an attempt to secure his own influence and get Russia back to 'superpower' status. Others will play he game if they think it suits them, like Iran... which is perfectly happy to ignore the Chechen situation if that's in their best interest.

Keltoi
01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Anti-Muslim bigotry is fairly widespread in Russia, ranks up there with the Polish and Jews. Cossacks are especially anti-Muslim, and they see the war in Chechnya as the "world vs. Islam". Perhaps I'm overgeneralizing, but I don't think Muslim rights are a top priority in Russia.

AvarAllahNoor
01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Don't think ANYBODYS rights are priority in Russia!!

AvarAllahNoor
01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Pretty much what I was thinking... I would thought "muslim rights" were far more threatened in Russia than in the "Western World". Surely nobody can be that gullible. How exactly would these threatened rights be "safeguarded" by Putin, anyway? What rights, exactly, ARE threatened?

Note the word 'Federation', by the way. One the major Russian policy priorities is preserving the integrity of their remaining post Cold War territory and influence. Most of those muslims either live in or came from areas that were forceably annexed at some point. Many don't even want to be "Russians", of which the Chechnyans are the best example. It's a political game, Putin is cosying up to any element that is seen as 'anti' US in an attempt to secure his own influence and get Russia back to 'superpower' status. Others will play he game if they think it suits them, like Iran... which is perfectly happy to ignore the Chechen situation if that's in their best interest.
They don't support an independent Kosovo, as it'll start an event where others will declare independence all over the joint, so right!!

Lets begin with Khalistan....lol

SATalha
01-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Iam not going to bother reading this article.....Russia? Looking out for the saftey of Muslims?.....one word: CHECHNYA:heated:

Amadeus85
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Anti-Muslim bigotry is fairly widespread in Russia, ranks up there with the Polish and Jews. Cossacks are especially anti-Muslim, and they see the war in Chechnya as the "world vs. Islam". Perhaps I'm overgeneralizing, but I don't think Muslim rights are a top priority in Russia.
Its pretty true.

Trumble
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
They don't support an independent Kosovo, as it'll start an event where others will declare independence all over the joint, so right!!

Lets begin with Khalistan....lol
Excellent example. The awful "Western World" supports independence for Kosovo (85% or so muslim, virtually all of whom want independence). Russia opposes it thinking that it should remain part of Serbia. How are those muslim Kosovans' rights being "safe-guarded" exactly?

AFDAL
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
The Islamic community emerged "on the territory of contemporary Russia not only centuries earlier than in many other regions of the world which today are considered traditionally Islamic but centuries before the appearance of the [ethnic] Russian people and [ethnic] Russian and [non-ethnic] Russian statehood."

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...8AE5C231257093

AvarAllahNoor
02-01-2008, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Excellent example. The awful "Western World" supports independence for Kosovo (85% or so muslim, virtually all of whom want independence). Russia opposes it thinking that it should remain part of Serbia. How are those muslim Kosovans' rights being "safe-guarded" exactly?
Well the UN support it, and I'll admit USA support it. Not sure about safe guarding the rights. :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.