/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Musim Youth at College

nafy
09-26-2005, 10:18 AM
aslamualaikum sistas n brovas...
i jus recently started goin 2 college.....afta persuading my parents soooooooooooooooo much!!! but now i understand y they werent too fond of me goin 2 college.....
its becuz the muslim youth der have seriously strayed from der religion.....and my parents didnt want me 2 go n act da same.....u know start smoking...goin out wit guys n all dat....but alhumdulilah....Allah has given me enuf understanding dat i can differenciate between wat is rite and rong....
2 tell ya da truth it reallllllllly upsets me 2 c da muslim youth at my college actin up....and not paying the least bit of attention 2 der deen..... :(
im not a 100% perfect muslimah......but i try my hardest 2 be a gud muslim inshallah.....
das y 1 of da most things i ask Allah in my dua's is that this ramadan....these young muslims will becum stronger in faith....
plz make dua aswell!!!!!! thnx :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TEH
09-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Insha Allah I hope they change, you know, most colleges have an ISOC, does yours??

:)

nafy
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
i dont even know what that is lol
so nah i dont think my college dus have 1...........wateva it is hehehe lol

TEH
09-26-2005, 10:27 AM
:D

An Islamic Society... (ISoc)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F.Y.
09-26-2005, 10:32 AM
yeh, befreind these guys, say salam, hello, whatever. Invite them to eat at your house. ask em to come with you to pray salaat or something at college. Most colleges/uni's have prayer facilities available. Try finding one on campus. If not - you have a new goal - you can set one up! Hope it works out for you.

nafy
Thnks 4 lettin me know lol
nah we dont ave 1 of those............its a crappy college lolz

Ameeratul Layl
:sl: sis,

I know how you feel. I too am far from perfect and I too carry out mistakes but I do not go as far as some of the Muslims in my college.
I can HONESTLY say that I am the only ONE who wears the Jilabiyah and Hijab. The other girls wear tight clothes, no hijab, talk to guys-NO....they FLIRT and get quite close to them....last but not least.....they SMOKE! :confused:
i go to a college wher 99% of the ppl are English. Or should I say....racist.
But I'' tell you what keeps me going.....

My aims in life (becoming a gynocologist, scientist or a women and kid's dentist).
My love for Allah (praying 5 times a day and listening to Tilawah whilst doing my work).

And....just remembering that if I do anything wrong. Allah will never help me in life and will probably not love me anymore. :)

Just keep your chin up sister. Keep in mind that you are on the Right Path and if you do good via your actions....others will follow..InshAllah. :)

If you feel sad. I'm here for you to talk to. If you are depressed, I'm here to cry with you.
Cheer up, sis. ;)

m3 salaam :wilted_ro

TEH
09-26-2005, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
yeh, befreind these guys, say salam, hello, whatever. Invite them to eat at your house. ask em to come with you to pray salaat or something at college. Most colleges/uni's have prayer facilities available. Try finding one on campus. If not - you have a new goal - you can set one up! Hope it works out for you.
I think thats a bad idea, stay away from guys, go see the sisters first, and then approach the guys...

:D

F.Y.
09-26-2005, 10:35 AM
I didnt mean 'guys' as in 'guys'. I thought 'guys' was a colloqiual term.

nafy
09-26-2005, 10:37 AM
thnks 4 da advice sis........
thing is am abit of a shy gal lolz.........i wud say salam 2 da gals....
but they wud most likely giv me dirty luks.....i get weird luks n e way becus i wear da hijab along wid about 3 other gals in da whole college!!
and am not goin 2 say hi 2 n e guys..........der 2 corrupt.....i'll be der saying salaam 2 dem considerin dem as brothers n der'll be thinking sumfin quite different!!
we dont have a prayer thingy......i usually read at home b4 i go 2 college...n wen i get bac.......
but das a gud idea.........thnx..........i'll c wat i can do!! :)

nafy
09-26-2005, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

I know how you feel. I too am far from perfect and I too carry out mistakes but I do not go as far as some of the Muslims in my college.
I can HONESTLY say that I am the only ONE who wears the Jilabiyah and Hijab. The other girls wear tight clothes, no hijab, talk to guys-NO....they FLIRT and get quite close to them....last but not least.....they SMOKE! :confused:

My aims in life (becoming a gynocologist, scientist or a women and kid's dentist).
My love for Allah (praying 5 times a day and listening to Tilawah whilst doing my work).

And....just remembering that if I do anything wrong. Allah will never help me in life and will probably not love me anymore. :)

Just keep your chin up sister. Keep in mind that you are on the Right Path and if you do good via your actions....others will follow..InshAllah. :)

If you feel sad. I'm here for you to talk to. If you are depressed, I'm here to cry with you.
Cheer up, sis. ;)

thnx sis!!!!!!!!!!
das incredibley nyc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

TEH
09-26-2005, 10:47 AM
I didnt mean 'guys' as in 'guys'. I thought 'guys' was a colloqiual term.
woopsy daisies, my bad...

And yeah, go and say salaam to those three girls, think big, imagine, you could potentially start the islamic society in your college...

:p

nafy
09-26-2005, 10:49 AM
lol.............those gals are my close friends.......so i chat 2 em n e wayz.....
yeh thnx 4 da advice bro...... :)

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nafy_luvz_u
thnx sis!!!!!!!!!!
das incredibley nyc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

:sl:
Anytime ;)

m3 salaam
:wilted_ro

Protected_Diamond
09-26-2005, 11:07 AM

I understand what you saying beacuse i feel the same, well its quite the opposite for me i don't want to carry on with my studies but ma dad's encouraging me to go further on in life...anywhere youngsters nawadays juss wana blend in with the crowd...its really hard 4 dem 2 do good deeds once you've been led astray...im not stiking up 4 dem on anyfin...o well lets leave Allah s.w.a 2 judge us and guide us 2 the right path ameen! :)

nafy
09-26-2005, 11:12 AM
yea sis ur rite.........
but ur dads rite..........u need 2 go further in lyf.......
dont worri..........wid Allahs guidance we will stay on the right path throughout....
and inshallah Allah will guide those hu are goin astray.... ameen

Z
09-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Peace

What is wrong with a woman smoking? (In Sharia.)

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Peace

What is wrong with a woman smoking? (In Sharia.)

It looks sick and revolting. I personally think its very unlady like. :)
In shariah, well, I presume its the same as the man (men and women ahve equal rights in Islam, remember).
Though, the subject of 'smoking' varies within scholars. I personally would not recommend it.

Z
09-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I see. I was wondering whether you was trying to say it is Haraam for a woman to smoke.

I wouldn't want my partner to be a smoker, but I think women who smoke look cool.

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 03:52 PM
I see. I was wondering whether you was trying to say it is Haraam for a woman to smoke.

I wouldn't want my partner to be a smoker, but I think women who smoke look cool.

Cool? You dont know wat cool is.
A woman smoking looks sick..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

m3 salaam
:wilted_ro

Z
09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry but my interpretation of what cool is may be complete different from yours. But that doesn't go to say that I don't know what cool is.

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm sorry but my interpretation of what cool is may be complete different from yours. But that doesn't go to say that I don't know what cool is.

Yeah yeah, okay.
mmmmm.......good point.
Sorry about what I sed. Its just as a woman.....I persoanlly dont think other woemn that I see look cool smoking. They STINK, is one thing that really annoys me.
:) Oh well, whats ur opinion is yours and wats mine is mine :)

May Allah Guide Us All, to The Path Of Siratim Mustaqeem.Ammen.

Protected_Diamond
09-26-2005, 04:05 PM
^^ameen sis :)

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
^^ameen sis :)

:sl: :D :D :D :D

Protected_Diamond
09-26-2005, 04:06 PM
:sl: :D :D :D :D
:w: lol..how ya doing? :sister: u okay? juss came bak 4rom college, well town really and saw a few of ma mates...well so called mates hehe :p

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 04:10 PM
:w: lol..how ya doing? :sister: u okay? juss came bak 4rom college, well town really and saw a few of ma mates...well so called mates hehe :p

I am still in college. Tying up my experiment work that I did in biology today. :-[

;)
Will be online for quite a while so we can talk if you want. I need abit of company ;D

m3 salaam

Protected_Diamond
09-26-2005, 04:14 PM

I am still in college. Tying up my experiment work that I did in biology today. :-[

;)
Will be online for quite a while so we can talk if you want. I need abit of company ;D

m3 salaam
*hides* lol...only jokin yeah sure sis y not? haha u in college lol...sorry im being a bit stupid ere anyways ermm whta u studying? me is studying law.psycology and sociology :thumbs_up

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
*hides* lol...only jokin yeah sure sis y not? haha u in college lol...sorry im being a bit stupid ere anyways ermm whta u studying? me is studying law.psycology and sociology :thumbs_up

I'm studying: Biology, chemistry, physic and mathematics.

Well, my mom has just phoned so, if at ANY point I dont reply...it bcuz I'm gone! (u neva know, I'll probably be on my way to find you..ha ha ha)

yeah wateve.
I've got beta things to do ;D ;D

Protected_Diamond
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
intrestingly the azaan has juss said so im going off naw 2 lol...Allah hafiz copycat :)

Rabi'ya
09-26-2005, 04:21 PM

Cheer up, sis. ;)

:sl: sister

I can fully empathise with you. I totally understand. I am in the exact same position. The other day I conducted a little sly experiment. I know for a fact I am the only Muslimah in my college and I suspected,even out of all the male international students(who appear to be Muslim) that I was the only one who was using the prayer room regularly.

Last Thursday I took the three prayer mats from the prayer room as they were in desperate need of a wash and left my new one there for use by anyone who wanted to pray. On Friday morning (quite early) I went back to put the three prayer mats back in the room. I also left mine there - the brand new one - at the bottom of the pile. Today is not Monday evening and I just went to pray and when I got there not even one of the prayer mats had been moved. They were in the exact same place as I had left them on Friday morning.
This has shocked me somewhat but then on another note I say alhamdulillah that noone stole my brand new prayer mat.

May Allah guide them ......ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 04:21 PM
intrestingly the azaan has juss said so im going off naw 2 lol...Allah hafiz copycat :)

salaam.
Ill sort you out 2morrow.InshAllahhhhhhh! ;D

nafy
09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Yea sis Rabi'ya i get wat ur saying!!!
das y i feel its really important 4 us 2 mek dua.........n inshallah da muslim youth....
will recieve guidance by Allah (swt) :)

Protected_Diamond
09-26-2005, 04:36 PM
salaam.
Ill sort you out 2morrow.InshAllahhhhhhh! ;D
im bakkk :p is dat gud news or bad? hehe

Rabi'ya
09-26-2005, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nafy_luvz_u
Yea sis Rabi'ya i get wat ur saying!!!
das y i feel its really important 4 us 2 mek dua.........n inshallah da muslim youth....
will recieve guidance by Allah (swt) :)

inshaAllah may Allah guide them....ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

nafy
09-26-2005, 04:53 PM
ameen :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.