/* */

PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's mice 'becoming human'

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Mice fed a diet of McDonald's burgers and fries not only put on weight but start to develop human-like genetic traits, scientists have found.

The same effect is not seen when mice are given a typical chimpanzee diet of raw fruit and vegetables.

Most of the changes seen in the mice occurred in the liver, where a number of genes linked to metabolism became more active.

According to researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, the findings support the theory that food choices helped to make us human.

Although humans and chimps evolved from the same ancestor, they have very different diets.

Chimps are almost completely vegetarian, while humans consume large amounts of animal protein and fat, and also cook their food.

One of the Max Planck scientists, PhD student Mehmet Somel, said: "There have been numerous hypotheses proposing a role for dietary change in human evolution.

"One of the most popular is that a switch to a high quality diet allowed our ancestors to fuel larger brains (the "expensive tissue hypothesis)".

"This suggestion sounds very reasonable. But we had yet no direct evidence that human and chimp diets differed in their molecular effects.

"This we find in our study - with respect to liver - and also that diet-induced differences in mice overlap with differences between humans and chimps.

Source http://lifestyle.aol.co.uk/mcdonalds...29193109990009

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ebtisweetsam
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Hmm interesting... maybe humans should eat more cheese to get more 'squeekiness' in their lungs :D

ranma1/2
01-30-2008, 11:51 PM
as i recall arent chimps ominvors? im sure they eat meat sometimes. they tend to not barbeque that much though.

sshuraimno1fan
02-02-2008, 02:50 PM
whats the story behind mcdonalds becoming halal? cuz apparantly their chips wen they r made in america they are cooked in lard then sent to al the countries but then over here they take the chips n then cook in halal veggie oil bt we'r arent allowd 2 eat it cuz its alredi been cooked wiv lard?? Does anybody know the whole story? Are we allowed McDonalds or not? Also what is the story about all the Saudi KFC's etc?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
STRIDER_420
02-02-2008, 08:29 PM
nice share.....

chacha_jalebi
02-02-2008, 08:31 PM
feed them the mcflurry and a ice cream & them annoyin drinks which are more ice cubes then drink, and leave them out in the cold see if they erm catch a cold:D thats what happens to humans:p

someone...
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
thanks for sharing

Ebtisweetsam
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sshuraimno1fan
whats the story behind mcdonalds becoming halal? cuz apparantly their chips wen they r made in america they are cooked in lard then sent to al the countries but then over here they take the chips n then cook in halal veggie oil bt we'r arent allowd 2 eat it cuz its alredi been cooked wiv lard?? Does anybody know the whole story? Are we allowed McDonalds or not? Also what is the story about all the Saudi KFC's etc?
...very interesting.... i just ate (halal certified) maccers; tasted deliciously addictive.... aparantly they are very strict in giving the certificate without full proof... so i am very interested in hearing from someone in the U.S....

oh and by the way ... the big mac and cheesebugers are addictive( i think i already mentioned the word addicted), but i am willing to giv them up ... u can sacrifice anything if u hear its got lard....ugh!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.