/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much percentage of Muslim men are actually Polygamist?

Roasted Cashew
01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Muslim men are allowed to have up to four wives but how many of them actually opt to do so? That is my question. Has there been any survey or any research done on this issue? I would like to know more. I personally am not looking forward to marry more than one and don't personally know any Muslim male who has more than one wife.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ebtisweetsam
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Actually I know quite a few men who have married more than one wife... most dont last and either stay usually with the first wife, but a few go with the second (purely because the first kicked em out-seriously).

There is alot of responsibilty on the man that he does not take into consideration before he does this which im assuming could be why the marriages fail. If you gotta work hard on the first marriage, you gotta work twice (and thrice) as hard on the second and third one!
:peace:

ahsan28
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Never. More than one marriage means more than one mother-in-law :D

Ebtisweetsam
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
LOL:laugh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
krypton6
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I find it disgusting to have more than 1 wife, but the again; Islam does not say that you have to it just tells us that it is allowed if one wishes to do so.

I feel sorry for the womans, but then again; its their own fault since they accept their husband having other wives.

MartyrX
01-30-2008, 03:23 PM
My sentiments exactly!

Khayal
01-30-2008, 06:56 PM

:sl:

made me ------->:D:D:D

Roasted Cashew
02-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Hehehehehe. I get it. But the Question remains unanswered. Has there been any survey or research?

islamirama
02-01-2008, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
I find it disgusting to have more than 1 wife, but the again; Islam does not say that you have to it just tells us that it is allowed if one wishes to do so.

I feel sorry for the womans, but then again; its their own fault since they accept their husband having other wives.
That is the wrong attitude have. IF you don't want polgyny then fine, don't. But don't be disgusted with what Allah has made halaal and what the Prophet (saws) and many sahaabs and great men of the past have practiced. Disgusting is when people hate what is halaal but are ok with the haraam. Feel sorry for yourself for the way you think not for the sisters who are in such a relationship. Firstly they have no place to deny this as it is a right given by Allah, 2ndly they are immensely rewarded for their patiences and how they deal with this relationship. There are also some wives who actually help their hubby find another wife. Polygny is good for the society and has great benefits if practiced islamically.

as for studies, i don't there is one that has been done but it is something that is allowed in islam but not something that is practice widely.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.