/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Language you speak-Poll

sur
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Polls to see What language most members on this forum belong to.

Urdu is my 1st language. I started learning english(A,B,C,D,.....:)) when i was in sixth class(grade as American would say). I know little Arabic I learned in school. I feel Urdu is most accommodating/absorbing language of all. It's so flexible coz it's very origin is based on multiple languages.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sur
01-30-2008, 03:17 PM
English leading so far by small margin: 60%, Arabic & Urdu 40% each. Lets see which one wins :)

S_87
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
:sl:

english :rolleyes:

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
main language is English
i am learning Urdu and will soon be going to college to learn Arabic.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
01-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Oooh oops, I didn't read the thread before I voted, I voted twice.

I speak arabic (mixed with a bit of english) with my parents and brothers, and english with my friends.

*Marwah
01-30-2008, 05:08 PM
I speak English, Arabic, a bit somali, and the main language is.... Asharaaf:statisfie...

guyabano
01-30-2008, 05:41 PM
english, french, german and my native language, of course. And a few notes of tagalog, native language of my wife

truemuslim
01-30-2008, 05:46 PM
...arabic first language for me..then english at like kindergarten..then a bit of spanish from my bro...and i speak arabic wit my parents and wit my brothers and friends english

Woodrow
01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
Polls to see What language most members on this forum belong to.

Please choose only one. I by mistake made it multiple choice.
May be Mods can make it single choice poll.
I personally feel that multiple choice is the only fair way as most members seem to be at least bi-lingual. I know I have difficulty in deciding which language I use the most. I seem to use English and Tex-Mex Spanish to about the same extent each.

chacha_jalebi
01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
English leading so far by small margin: 60%, Arabic & Urdu 40% each. Lets see which one wins :)
see who wins? its not a game lol, its just a poll :D

thirdwatch512
01-31-2008, 12:00 AM
French is my native language, and when I speak to my family, it is in French!!

But I have been living here in the USA for 4 years, and have been speaking English at University/work/significant other/friends, so I use English more(at least for now.)

I am beginning to learn Spanish, because Spanish is a common second language where I am. But it is easy for me, since it is a Romantic language, so the sentence structure is about the same and all!

Next year, I am expected to be back in Canada, and will speak French only.. My neighborhood in Quebec is exclusively French, and it is impolite to speak a different language! I hear that Parti Quebecois and Bloc Quebecois are gaining in popularity again, so hopefully one day my lovely Quebec will be its own country!!

sur
01-31-2008, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Oooh oops, I didn't read the thread before I voted, I voted twice.

I speak arabic (mixed with a bit of english) with my parents and brothers, and english with my friends.
actually that's NOT ur mistake that's mine.

I added that request later on.

now im removing it again coz there r lot of ppl who for real speak >1 lnguages almost to equal extent. so they can't choose just one!!!

sur
01-31-2008, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I personally feel that multiple choice is the only fair way as most members seem to be at least bi-lingual. I know I have difficulty in deciding which language I use the most. I seem to use English and Tex-Mex Spanish to about the same extent each.
yeh u r right. i'm removing this request.

FatimaAsSideqah
01-31-2008, 11:34 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Unfortunately, I am hearing impaired person and I'm using BSL (British Sign Language). But I can reading english and Arabic writing, MashAllah!

Sorry about this.

Peace be upon you!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

sur
01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Unfortunately, I am hearing impaired person and I'm using BSL (British Sign Language). But I can reading english and Arabic writing, MashAllah!

Sorry about this.

Peace be upon you!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima
Wa Alaikum AsSalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
sister, there's nothing u need to be sorry about!!! May ALLAH bless u with HIS utmost mercy & make life easier for u.

FatimaAsSideqah
01-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Wa Alaikum AsSalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
sister, there's nothing u need to be sorry about!!! May ALLAH bless u with HIS utmost mercy & make life easier for u.
JazakaAllah Khair for your kindness and caring! May Allah Ta'ala pleased with you!

Ameen on your dua!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

sevgi
02-01-2008, 12:05 AM
i use english all day..everyday...

it is my mother tongue...

yet i use turkish quite often also...with my father...and we always have the turkish tv banning away in the living room...:)

Abdul-Raouf
02-01-2008, 02:02 AM
1. Tamil is my mother tongue ...

2. English is the next main language...

3. I read Arabic...

4. I try to read and speak Hindi (only wit my friends..:)..i learn from them)...im very poor at it..
i make lot of mistakes.

:)

sur
02-01-2008, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
see who wins? its not a game lol, its just a poll :D
chacha jeeeee, ghussa na khao :peace: , unj hee muh wichoo nikal gayaa sigaa.:omg:

north_malaysian
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM
When I speak... I use Malay, English, Hokkien and Tamil in one sentence.... :okay:

sur
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I've received request to increase poll options, which is not possible for me. & may be it's late to add since many have already selected "Others".

If Mods can change it please do so. or start another thread with more options.!!!

Thx.

Periwinkle18
02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Urdu is my main laguage, i speak english,punjabi (lil bit),Chinese (also lil bit)

snakelegs
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
english, some hebrew (read better than speak) and i am learning (SLOWLY) urdu. sur, i agree with you about urdu - that's what makes it so cool - you get to learn a little arabic, a little persian, a tiny bit of turkish and hindi/sanskrit.
if i live long enough, i would like to study arabic some day.

Lina
02-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Moroccan, Dutch and English

exKaitoli
02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Swedish, English, Arabic, Deutch and a little kurdish

*Maysun
02-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Assalaamu Alaikuum ..
but me my first language is ASHARAAF and then arabic then english and little bit of somalila .. i cn understand but hardd to answer bk :D

Amat Allah
02-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Arabic,English and A little bit of Japannese

Jazak Allah the paradise

Ameeen

piXie
02-03-2008, 04:13 PM

English is my mother tongue, n urdu is my father tongue :p

n punjabi is my tongue gone wrong :D

alhamdulillah, can speak all 3 fluently. Still learnin arabic tho...

Mikayeel
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
loool hehe,

Arabic mother lang, Dutch, English .

was learnin german in holland but was to hard:)

ameera
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM
MashaAllah..Well prepared topic..bt would prefer more 2 see ma language in da list...although there'ren't more Somali speakers here. anywayz Thanx 2 da bro/sis who posted it for da gr8 work "may Alllah showers his mercy upon u"
n ofcourse my NL is Somali, i also speak English and little bit Arabic.:w:

sabah
02-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Nice thread!!!

English is my first language along with some arabic along with some german to make 1 language. I know a few words in urdu like moti and badshackley (excuse the spelling) :D. No one teaches me the nice words.

I was wondering does back slang count i managed to learn that fluently back at school. :statisfie

sur
02-04-2008, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabah
Nice thread!!!

English is my first language along with some arabic along with some german to make 1 language. I know a few words in urdu like moti and badshackley (excuse the spelling) :D. No one teaches me the nice words.

I was wondering does back slang count i managed to learn that fluently back at school. :statisfie

;D
i understand "moti" BUT what is "badshackley"??? i rekon it's Badd--shakal. !!!
means "ugly". !!!

sabah
02-04-2008, 05:56 PM
;D
i understand "moti" BUT what is "badshackley"??? i rekon it's Badd--shakal. !!!
means "ugly". !!!
lol ya thats the word i meant to spell.

allah hafiz (wow add another word to my urdu ability, ill fluent before you know it!

ameera
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
is there any1 speaks Dutch..i know sum of it "Ales qoet?, dankjewel..i wan sum1 2 teach me more if u don mind..or if there is any web u noe 2 learn it...so i cn speak it 2 ma frend..i find it easy really, not as hard as French "bonjour" or coma va tu" 2 french speakers

ameera
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
sorry wrong spellin i meant it "comment etes-vous"

Fishman
02-04-2008, 09:00 PM
When ever I can, I speak the noble language of my glorious and invincible empire!

As that language does not exist yet, I normally have to limit myself to English...

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
loool

Fishman
02-04-2008, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
loool
You may laugh now, but one day the sun will never set on the invincible FISHMAN EMPIRE!

Primarily because it will be confined within a small basement...

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
^ LOOOOLLLLL !!!!!!!!! riiight... wat its surounded by fishys i guess...lool...ima go drain all the water

someone...
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
haha u guys are funny... i speak arabic and english

Danah
02-05-2008, 07:51 PM
wow...looks we have many people speak urdu masha allah
I cant understand an urdu word ):

Arabic if my first language
English is the second
some japanese and a beginner in korean

Moon*Light
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM

Nice to see many people who know arabic here :D

My first language is Arabic

then English and a bit of French.

Woodrow
02-05-2008, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
You may laugh now, but one day the sun will never set on the invincible FISHMAN EMPIRE!

Primarily because it will be confined within a small basement...
Remember, tarter sauce and chips cure fishy empires. Which reminds me I'm making Tuna sandwiches for lunch.

I guess since the only language I ever hear fish speak is "Blub, glub bloop" you are better off with English

Heera Singh
02-05-2008, 09:36 PM
English, Patwah, some french, some spanish, and I want to learn Italian, Farsi (and/or Urdu).

cihad
02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Main language : English
Second language : Afrikaans and a bietjie Turkish
and i know a few words in Xhosa, marahti, and like one korean saying: 'Sa rang hae' -'i love u'

al Amaanah
02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
:salamext:

lol ameera, its "alles goed?" and "dank je wel". if u wanna know something, u can ask sis.

future_scholar
02-28-2008, 12:15 PM
alhamdulilah i speak 3 and learning the fourth one which is arabic

future_scholar
02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
wow i see someone posting 'dutch words' and i can speak that too!

ik dacht niet dat iemand nederlands praat in hier!

dream gurl
02-28-2008, 04:44 PM
my native language is arabic btt i speak mostly in english does english count as my main language..?

MuslimahBlue
03-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Not many options :uuh:

Yanal
03-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Long time no chat

I am a pure urduian and part british(not) just speak it

amille40
03-01-2008, 07:17 AM
English fluently,

A little Russian, a little Mandarin, and a little Arabic.

aysenil
03-01-2008, 01:42 PM
salaam to all.
my main language is turkish. and second is english. that s all :(
i would like to learn arabic but it is said learning it diffucult.

"1 language is 1 person."

aysenil
03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
Main language : English
Second language : Afrikaans and a bietjie Turkish
and i know a few words in Xhosa, marahti, and like one korean saying: 'Sa rang hae' -'i love u'
salaam sis .
how u come to learn Turkish?

rose17
04-23-2008, 01:29 AM
I speak spanish, english
i can read and understand urdu
read the quran in arabic but doesnt understand

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2008, 11:24 PM

Lol Urdu, English and Punjabi. And InshaAllah Arabic! :D Oh and Spanish, but only the type u learn in school :p

Patience7
07-06-2008, 10:54 PM
salam
native language gujrati. Can also speak fluently spanish, english and some urdu, but can only read arabic(Quran) inshallah learning also some day

suffiyan007
07-06-2008, 11:04 PM
i speak cantonese my dialect...mostly i speak malay and english cause mostly cause everywhere you go mostly English and malay..sometime in my local i speak cantonese and malay no one understand english,when some people hear i am speaking english...but i speak english mostly cause i trying to speak more~

Grace Seeker
07-10-2008, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
i speak cantonese my dialect...mostly i speak malay and english cause mostly cause everywhere you go mostly English and malay..sometime in my local i speak cantonese and malay no one understand english,when some people hear i am speaking english...but i speak english mostly cause i trying to speak more~

hmmm. That's funny. Not you are funny, nor funny haha. But it is funny in an interesting way that you should say you speak Cantonese.

You see I have a son and daughter who are native Catonese speakers (my son is ethnic Chinese from Vietnam and my daughter is from Hong Kong). I don't speak a word of it, but I was wondering if it might be your native tongue because your English grammar is so close to theirs.

Do you also use Pinyin?

suffiyan007
07-10-2008, 05:30 PM
my Dialect is chinese,my national language is Malay and my third language is English...i prefer to speak english and malay...often cause to deal with people out there.And Chinese is almost everyday speaking.:thumbs_up...u r chinese ,grace seeker?

anatolian
07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
In my real life I speak Turkish since I'm from Turkey but when get to internet English becomes my 1st language :D

Grace Seeker
07-10-2008, 08:59 PM
u r chinese ,grace seeker?
No. I'm an American of mostly western European ethnicity. But I have children from literally all over the world -- well 4 continents and 6 countries anyway.

suffiyan007
07-11-2008, 04:39 AM
so then your wife is chinese?

Grace Seeker
07-11-2008, 01:45 PM
so then your wife is chinese?

No. My wife is also American. Her ancestory is primarily from England and Germany.

suffiyan007
07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Oh i See....actually i am chinese....and start to speak english..in my country less speak english but Malay...my national language is Malay!...

registan
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm from Moscow (I work here). Orijinally I'm from Uzbekistan. I'm here to have new muslim friends & learn new languages. I know 4 languages, including my native one. They are Uzbek (native), English, Russian & Turkish. I'm glad to meet you all. :)

..~nadya~..
07-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem

As-Salaam Aleykum Wa Rahmatullahui Wa Barakatu

I speak English and Romanian both 100%

manaal
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I've been speaking English from the first word I started to speak. But my mother tongue is Sinhalese. I think I'm just one of two people in this forum who speak the language. Its spoken in only one country in the whole world: Sri Lanka. Oh i also speak a little bit of tamil.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-19-2008, 09:13 PM
My native language is Bosnian, speak and write English, speak German, a bit Russian.

Germanrose20
08-28-2008, 10:37 AM
I live in USA so I mostly use English, but I am also Fluent in German. When I speak to my sister it is usually in German since she is still in Germany.

I am currently trying to learn Arabic. I'm learning at a snail pace, but Insha'Allah, I will be able to read/converse in Arabic soon.

Afifa
08-28-2008, 09:11 PM
i knw english and gujrati since i were small
nd i kinda know urdu and currently learning arabic - like sis Germanrose20 said at snail pace :D

AhlaamBella
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Only English :( working on my Arabic :) Urdu is a lost hope lol

bewildred
08-28-2008, 09:24 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I speak Arabic, English, French, a bit of Spanish and Hebrew and I'd like to learn German.

Aisha20
09-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Spanish =)

BNDGR
09-07-2008, 05:45 AM
Asalam alaikum,
I speak english as my main language, then spanish second. But inshAllah I want to learn arabic in order to read and understand Quran.

Aisha20
09-07-2008, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rose17
I speak spanish, english
i can read and understand urdu
read the quran in arabic but doesnt understand
SAME SAME here! lol

ohh n my includes gujrati too!! ... spanish, english, read n understand urdu, read the quraan in arabic but doesnt understand it n gujrati just talk it.

:D

chacha_jalebi
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
engleeesh, panjabi, urdu and arabic writin and been studyin the lingo to talk lol so lets see how that goes in the futureeee

btw look how panjabi wasnt a option discrimation or what psssh!

Al-Zaara
09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Don't we have a thread like this?

Albanian, Swedish, Finnish, German and English fluently.
Bits of Turkish and Arabic, trying to learn inshaAllah.

edit: Oh, my main language? Umm... Early childhood Turkish, afterwards both Albanian and Swedish became my main languages.

Re.TiReD
09-08-2008, 01:10 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

English and Urdu.

English, Urdu, Gujrati and Arabic I studied so know enough to speak and understand a little alhamdulillah.

WassalamuAlaykum

sirajstc
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
other

BintAmjad
09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
English, panjabi and tiny bits of urdu

Sanam
09-10-2008, 01:27 AM
sad my first language isn't even in the poll! I'm definitely Die Hard Punjabi!!! I lOOOve my language! although I speak pure (well not pure) urdu, pure urdu would be hairdarabadi, or karachi! but well I speak moderately good urdu, and can write as well with loads and loads of mistakes but I would choose Punjabi over Urdu anytime! and how can I forget our english! ofcourse living in England means speaking english!!! but well not always but growing up in England surely grantees speaking English! I can read Arabic because well coz I'm a muslim! althought I cannot speak or understand it. I've actually started understanding bits and bobs of it due to the translation of Qur'an, Alhamdulillah, Insh'Allah one day I'll be fluently speaking the language!

and by the way English is winning the Poll!!!

WomanOfJihad
09-21-2008, 11:47 PM

OTHER!! which means Gujrati. but then again URDU is a very sweet language it sounds better than gujrati.
kindergarten arabic. i understnd Spanish, portuguese n need polishin in french.

Güven
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Thats Strange Im Sure That I replied in here :?
Anyway I see That Everyone is speaking Urdu in here :D

And I speak English , Turkish, Dutch and a lil arabic

A_Way_Of_Life
09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I usually speak English most but I do speak some Arabic, when I was younger the only language I could speak was Arabic but for some reason I forgot a lot of it. :(

anatolian
09-22-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm one of the others... :P

H@fiz Aziz
09-23-2008, 11:16 PM
strangely urdu english arabic and another language from a clan in pakistan are my main languages =o

Silver
09-24-2008, 06:19 PM
My main languages are Arabic, french and english.

Even though Lebanon's official language is arabic most children are taught either french or english before even going to school and all schools teach french and english to small children...arabic is in fact the language that the lebanese use the least.

Our lebanese dialect has a lot of french and english words in it and most children hate arabic and find it boring and complicated...I myself only use it in conversations, prayers and while reading the Quran...but everything else is in english and french...I almost haven't written anything in arabic since I graduated from high school a little more than one year ago.

This is unfortunate because arabic is the language of the Quran :S

SubhanAllah!
09-25-2008, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
main language is English
i am learning Urdu and will soon be going to college to learn Arabic.

Wow. I only encountered one person before who wanted to learn urdu and that person was a native arabic speaker.

I speak Urdu (but not the saqi Urdu spoken by a lot of members here), English and very very little Arabic.

I am dying to learn arabic, there doesn't seem to be affordable solution close to my area that fits my busy schedule. If I had a wife I would definitely send her to classes so she could teach me at home.

Great to know about the different languages spoken on this board. MashaAllah some people here speak 3 or more languages.

F0z14
09-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Asalaam Alaykum! unfortunately i mainly speak english, but my home language is actualy putwari, lol most pple probably wont have heard of that! i can also speak urdu, inshAllah when i start uni i want to go to Arabic classes. oh yh i used to be able to speak a little french...but that was back in the good old scool days...

Danah
09-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Arabic first, English and a beginner in japanese

Hasan Ali
09-29-2008, 01:06 AM
i speak Urdu English and Arabic

Lamees
10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Arabic:statisfie

And good English..

Nájlá
10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
arabic and english

Kas1m
10-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Urdu is perfect. I can understand punjabi very well but difficult in speaking and my english is like 80%. I still think about the words before i speak so its not bad

The Khan
10-30-2008, 02:56 AM
My native language is supposed to be Urdu. However, being raised in an anglophone background, English is my main language. Urdu has become secondary.

'Abdul Rahmaan
10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
I can speak Urdu and Punjabi fluently. Thori thori English bhi aati hay :p

aysegul
11-01-2008, 09:13 AM
my main language is Turkish (ı love this lang.cus it is like Arabic language.esp in some words)
my second learned language is English(from high school)(it can be counted as ''good''

and my dream language is arabic :) ı wish ıt had my main language:( cus ı know that speaking the Messenger's(S.A.V) language is wonderful...imsad

Danah
11-06-2008, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aysegul
my main language is Turkish (ı love this lang.cus it is like Arabic language.esp in some words)
my second learned language is English(from high school)(it can be counted as ''good''
yeah actually I realized that lately :thankyou:*wink*

Strzelecki
11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
English and patchy Arabic.

aysegul
11-08-2008, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
yeah actually I realized that lately :thankyou:*wink*
:D turkish and arabic can be counted as Fraternal language.

seeker-of-light
11-08-2008, 11:29 PM
english is only language i speak fluently:)

Olive
11-10-2008, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
English and patchy Arabic.
Same with me.

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM

My main language is English but I can speak Urdu and Gujrati, I can read Arabic but not speak it, and I know bits of Spanish (school topic) I can also write in Urdu.

rami0323
11-11-2008, 05:14 PM
English, a little bt German and Polish of course :) I'm going to learn arabic

Pk_#2
11-11-2008, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rami0323
English, a little bt German and Polish of course :) I'm going to learn arabic
Rami are you greek?

Faseeha
11-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I speak only English

Understand a tad bit of Afrikaans

Can read Arabic but only understand a few words of it

Languages I'd love to learn are Arabic, Urdu, and French

Olive
11-12-2008, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
Understand a tad bit of Afrikaans
Wow, Afrikaans?! That's cool! :D

rami0323
11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
Rami are you greek?
No. I'm Polish :)

Iva
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I speak:

English
Malay
Arabic on the way (still learning Alhamdulillah)

Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 02:41 PM
:salamext:

The poll needs Bangla/Bangali and pushto.

WassalamuAlaykum

*Yasmin*
12-03-2008, 01:31 PM
I speak 3 languages
Arabic which is my main lang,English and Hebrew (i learnt at school)
i wanna learn another lang but i don't decided it yet

Wyatt
01-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Main is English :)

Also speak German, Spanish, and Japanese.

Along with bits of many others.

بنــuaeــت
01-19-2009, 06:44 AM
The main language is Arabic

Then English

And a small number of Indonesian

Ar-RaYYan
01-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Afrikaans? :?which country speaks that?

Musaafirah
01-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I speak Bangla, English and Urdu when I'm speaking to Pakistani people that don't speak English.

Faseeha
01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
Afrikaans? :?which country speaks that?
South Africa.

It's one of the 11 official languages.

KashifB
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM

I speak Urdu, Punjabi and English. I can also read Arabic but do not understand it !

JoshD1991
02-06-2009, 09:23 PM
My native language is English, I can speak intermediate Portuguese and a little bit of Russian and now I'm trying to learn Arabic. :)

Mustapha@
02-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Arabic, French, Englsh, Spanish...i have a desire to study Italian...

:)

Mustapha@
02-06-2009, 09:54 PM

hello JoshD1991, I think you are a brother in Islam but why are keeping your way of life undisclosed? :)

peace

Mi Le Xing
02-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Native language - english

some Spanish,
some Russian,
a decent amount of Mandarin Chinese,
a tiny bit of German,

and I want to learn Arabic, of course!

Yanal
02-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Urdu. Like zÂk.

justahumane
02-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Hindi, and urdu, and than english

KashifB
02-16-2009, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane
Hindi, and urdu, and than english
Is there much diference between Hindi and Urdu in speaking? I thought the only difference was in writing. Is this correct?

justahumane
02-16-2009, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB
Is there much diference between Hindi and Urdu in speaking? I thought the only difference was in writing. Is this correct?
Well I must agree with U, but still there is difference while speaking up to the extent that u can recognize whether one is speaking hindi or urdu. For example,

Hindi-Suna hai ki aap aswasth hain? (I have heard that U are not keeping well)

Normal Urdu_Suna hai ki aapki tabiyat naasaz hai?

My Urdu/Urdu of Lucknow-Suna hai ki huzoor ke dushmano ki tabiyat naasaz hai.:D:D:D

So now U can clearly see the difference. And the extra adabi/sweetness point urdu scores over hindi. :p

Fahiima
03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
ameera i speak Somali too masha allah seeing somoeone who speak somali . I hope there are more

ella1126
05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Chinese is my mother language,and i learning english for business,then i want to learn arbic and germanese:bump1::bump1:

Zico
05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
In order:

(1) Arabic
(2) English
(3) Spanish - still learning..

nazapat
06-10-2009, 09:06 AM

Uyghur is my mother language , I good at Chinese ,& alittle bit English

HopeFul
06-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Pushto is my main language
then english, then urdu, then french, then arabic.

I can read and understand quite a bit of italian too, Alhamdolillah.

I should be an interpreter,, unfortunately i am not a working type person, hehehe

MSN
06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
My native language is Persian
I can speak English and and a bit French(took a couple of courses i'm hoping to continue it this summer InshaAllah).
I can also understand Arabic.Well,mostly reading(especially the subtitles!!)

GuestFellow
06-27-2009, 08:21 PM
I speak Punjabi and English.

Fardosa
06-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Main language that I speak most of the time is English and Dutch.
And every now and than Somali.

believeByHEART.
06-27-2009, 08:49 PM
my main speak is english because ive been brought up in the Uk,
i speak my native language turkish fluently
and know a ickle yet reasonable amount of french.

id loveee to learn arabic however and i will be doing so soon :D

aadil77
06-27-2009, 08:51 PM
nice to know theres quite a few arabic speakers here :thumbs_up

InshAllah I hope to learn arabic soon

KeeKee
06-27-2009, 09:04 PM
English, gujerati, urdu,a little arabic

Mawaddah
06-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Did I post in here before? anyway, languages I speak :

English, Arabic, Malay, and now.....Mandarin :p

islamlover_girl
06-28-2009, 12:13 AM
My mother tunge is Arabic and I know some English and a little of Frensh

Hayaa
06-28-2009, 04:04 AM
I mostly speak Urdu and English, I'm learning Arabic, and I enjoy attempting Japanese. :statisfie

Wang Dongsheng
08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Chinese, my main language. English, my study language. A little bit Malayu, now I study in Malaysia.

Somaiyah
08-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Salam,
Swedish.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.