/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Dying on the Cross?

Loki57
02-01-2008, 06:35 AM
I have a question that has recently come to me. I know, according to Islam that Jesus Christ did not die on the cross according to Muslims. That in his place was a look alike, someone who looked like him. Possibly Simon of Cyrene or Judas Iscariot. I think it more likely Judas Iscariot who is said to have betrayed Jesus and is it not said that it was someone who betrayed him that ended up on the cross in his place?

What I want to know is why the truth was not reveled until Mohammad PBUH 600 years later?

As I understand it, those who were close to Jesus knew he was not going to be placed on the cross, that it was someone in his place. Then he was raised to heaven. Why then didn't they reveal this to the world? That Jesus did not die on the cross? It would have been a blow to the Romans. Yes, you tried to kill our prophet but you failed? Why keep it a secret? Furthermore two of his closest disciples, John wrote a Gospel that ended up in the Bible. And there was Peter? He was very important and close to Jesus. Why didn't they write what is called the truth? Why wait until Mohammad?

In a way you could almost call Christianity the fault of Islam. If Jesus and his followers were Muslims. If the truth is Jesus did not die on the cross it should have been told. Why let people live under this false belief? Why let this idea go unchecked? Gospels were being written within the lifetimes of those who were close to Jesus, why didn't they correct this? Surely atleast at that time people would be overjoyed to know Jesus did not die on the cross? That in a way Muslims, even Jesus, his followers are all responsible for this? That for Christians to follow what is "wrong" is our own fault!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.