/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Addictive!

anonymous
02-02-2008, 04:14 AM
:sl:

omg this is so cool my first time using this wierd account..lol..(esspecially since no one knows who i am)

Anyway...Please help me...um...get away from the haramness of this addiction!!! NO its not smoking or notin like dat (ew) its actually music..ISLAMIC music...but wit instruments. otherwise they got looots of good lyrics...the songs are ... Sami Yusuf and Outlandish - I've seen ..and another one wit the same artists but its called 'Try not to Cry' and then there is this NON ISLAMIC one but its from outlandish and its are called 'Guatanamo' but i cant resist it... more are 'any given time' and some others by outlandish but those arent really...um...ADDICTIVE...these are like...CANT STOPPP!!!! tryna stop but cant... :cry::mad::mad::mad::mad:...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

woops almost forgot...

***WARNING***
DO NOT SEARCH ANY OF THESE SONGS ON YOUTUBE OR GOOGLE OR ANYTHING CUZ I CAN GARUNTEE U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE THEM...MAYBE ONCE..BUT THEN U WONT!!!!!THEY TOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wait i spelled garuntee wrong didnt i...hehe my bad...oh and warning thingys dunt say 'cuz' or any of that so...IGNORE THE GRAMMER THINGYS!!..please?

:w:

p.s. i kno u dunt kno who i am...try to guess..:nervous: << Lol i can finally use that one... hehe...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
02-02-2008, 08:48 PM
..wow this got approved quick

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM7J-jaFgWQ

now tell me, doesnt that just make all the other ones look bad!

i think it most certainly does !

truemuslim
02-02-2008, 08:52 PM
aw i got that on tape i luv it... but it doesnt make me quit those..

ah **** i posted on my account...dam!...forget it it wasnt embarrasin anyway so..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
qassy!
02-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Salam Sister

Yes its very hard to stop listing to music especially when I spent &#163;500/$1000 on my sound system :)

Now you listen to specific songs yes?

'Guatanamo'

Listen to the song over and over again until you get sick of it - trust me it helps
there where some T Pain songs I was in love with

the whole day I was listing to the song and then it made me sick because I heard it so many times

note: that's just something personally that helped me

truemuslim
02-02-2008, 08:55 PM
^ lol yeah i did that to all the miley cyrus songs and i like HATE her songs now..lol.. but i did it to guatanamo and i reeally got sik of it then..but stayed a long time witout it and listened again and it was still good...lol thats why my brother says to not play the same song twice...its gets 'gay' as he says it

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2008, 08:55 PM
well in that case, you just gotta start loving the Quran.

like LOVING it

trust me, once you do that, it all just automatically drops outta your system.

emaan boosts like..... subhanAllaah !

truemuslim
02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
i do LOVE the quran it makes me cry everytime but this is an ADDICTION I CANNT QUIT!!! sorry

truemuslim
02-02-2008, 08:58 PM
k i gotta go right now so i cant reply ..:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2008, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
i do LOVE the quran it makes me cry everytime but this is an ADDICTION I CANNT QUIT!!! sorry
if you love the quran you'll automatically hate music

abdullah ibn masud radhiallahu anhu said dat love for the quran and love for music cannot unite in one heart

well hope Allah helps you out, you seem to have good intentions

Assalamu Alaikum

qassy!
02-02-2008, 09:00 PM
ADDICTION I CANNT QUIT!!! sorry
I am in the same problem as you with music and few ova things

Theres a saying somthing like

If you put your mind to it, you can do anything
Just try to stop like you say you luv the quran
when you want to listen to the song pplay the quran or somthing

ah **** i posted on my account...dam!...forget it it wasnt embarrasin anyway so..
lol I knew it was you from your writing!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2008, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!

!
mashaAllaah :)

truemuslim
02-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I am in the same problem as you with music and few ova things

Theres a saying somthing like

Just try to stop like you say you luv the quran

lol I knew it was you from your writing!
thanks bro qassy and ibnabdul hakim... i read quran everyday and learn a surah a day unless it big i learn half a day ....

and wow was my writing that obvious? .

------
02-03-2008, 07:31 PM
:salamext:

Yes its very hard to stop listing to music especially when I spent &#163;500/$1000 on my sound system
Maybe start listening to nasheeds on that?

Sis truemuslim, its hard. You have to take it step by step. U cant stop altogether...but try as much as you can. Its hard to break habits.

truemuslim
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
...thanks... good thing its my only ..um..bad habit...i was just searching bout in google and i saw 'we all know music is haram' somewhere it was just a shock...not too long ago tho...at least i dont listen to american songs no more...hehe

------
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Slowly... slowly try to get rid of it...and if you start listening to it again, try to stop... if you start listening to it again, try to stop... etc.

It's an ongoing battle sis.

AhlaamBella
02-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Salam Sister

Yes its very hard to stop listing to music especially when I spent £500/$1000 on my sound system :)

Now you listen to specific songs yes?

'Guatanamo'

Listen to the song over and over again until you get sick of it - trust me it helps
there where some T Pain songs I was in love with

the whole day I was listing to the song and then it made me sick because I heard it so many times

note: that's just something personally that helped me
hey hey hey. Thats actually a cool idea. I'll try that.... :hiding:

------
02-03-2008, 07:43 PM

^ But wont that be wrong, coz ur still listening to music... :(

AhlaamBella
02-03-2008, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

^ But wont that be wrong, coz ur still listening to music... :(
In a way. but i duno. if its a way of gettin off music completely i suppose its the whole 'the end justifies the means' scenario lol

------
02-03-2008, 07:54 PM

I still think you should take it step by step, as explained in my previous post..

piXie
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM

If someone was to offer you 3 million pounds in exchange for you giving up music, would you accept it?

n they say you ONLY have to give it up for ONE day. So thats just 24 hrs without music and u'll get your 3 MILLION POUNDS.

WOULD you accept that offer sis, would you?

------
02-03-2008, 08:16 PM

^ People that listen to music don't think like that. Otherwise people wouldn't waste thousands of pounds on cigarettes, knowing its bad for their health. Its a habit.

anonymous
02-03-2008, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

omg this is so cool my first time using this wierd account..lol..(esspecially since no one knows who i am)

Anyway...Please help me...um...get away from the haramness of this addiction!!! NO its not smoking or notin like dat (ew) its actually music..ISLAMIC music...but wit instruments. otherwise they got looots of good lyrics...the songs are ... Sami Yusuf and Outlandish - I've seen ..and another one wit the same artists but its called 'Try not to Cry' and then there is this NON ISLAMIC one but its from outlandish and its are called 'Guatanamo' but i cant resist it... more are 'any given time' and some others by outlandish but those arent really...um...ADDICTIVE...these are like...CANT STOPPP!!!! tryna stop but cant... :cry::mad::mad::mad::mad:...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

woops almost forgot...

***WARNING***
DO NOT SEARCH ANY OF THESE SONGS ON YOUTUBE OR GOOGLE OR ANYTHING CUZ I CAN GARUNTEE U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE THEM...MAYBE ONCE..BUT THEN U WONT!!!!!THEY TOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wait i spelled garuntee wrong didnt i...hehe my bad...oh and warning thingys dunt say 'cuz' or any of that so...IGNORE THE GRAMMER THINGYS!!..please?

p.s. i kno u dunt kno who i am...try to guess..:nervous: << Lol i can finally use that one... hehe...
*yawn*

AhlaamBella
02-03-2008, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
*yawn*
was that really necessary?

------
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM

*yawn*
Back on topic please. So yeh, you have to try and stop it bit by bit.

truemuslim
02-03-2008, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

If someone was to offer you 3 million pounds in exchange for you giving up music, would you accept it?

n they say you ONLY have to give it up for ONE day. So thats just 24 hrs without music and u'll get your 3 MILLION POUNDS.

depends...pounds of what... money? fat? pot?

p.s. that anonymous WAS NOT ME... fwi

piXie
02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
depends...pounds of what... money? fat? pot?
lol money, cashhh, or whatever u wanna call it. n with that u could buy whatever u want. would u take it, yes or no?

qassy!
02-03-2008, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Maybe start listening to nasheeds on that?
nasheeds dont have bass, there not encoded on a high bit rate so it doesn't sound good :(

qassy!
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM

yessss of courseeeee your on!

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
lol lol lol and loooooool... gimme the cash and its a deal... meet me in the alley down the street...the one wit blood everywhere...and come...ALONE...no coppys or nutin...lol im kiddin

united
02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
listen to whatever song you want but listen 2 quran straight after that. it makes you realise the difference and makes you feel so guilty...

saara
02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
salamu alikum sisters and brothers

so why, do these muslims's artists, example on peace and global unity i think.
encourage you not to listen to the music but listen to the lyrics.
its bit hard to do that. nowadayz all the nasheed have music. which some people think it halal. i havent any islamic nasheed artists using no music. sorry except one guy he was singing urdu. but then he started his new nasheed and the music had to come in.
umm his name is Najam Sheraz. if u guys remeber/ i dont think the muslim brother needs any music in his nasheed. his voice is amazing mashallah. (check on google who i mean if u dont).

walikums salaam

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
there are alot of arabic and english nasheed singers without music but the REALLY REALLY GOOD ones are outlandish...(in my opinion) theres this one song by outlandish called 'any given time' and another called 'beyond words' and another called 'saturday night' they got lots and they are really good and addictive...thanks bro united i will do that

p.s. outlandish are muuuuuch better than 2pac, 50cent, eminem, and ice cube and all those boring ppl

Fishman
02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Good Quran recitation or traditional Naats totally pwn all these modern pop musician 'nasheed artists'. Listen somebody reading a proper Urdu naat, with none of these unnecessary beats and instruments added to it, and you will be reading durood or zkir quietly to yourself constantly for like the next few hours, I assue you.
And when the Quran is recited properly it easily beats even this. It has such a distinctive sound to it. Like nothing else I have heard.

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 10:56 PM
i dont even know what 'naats' is sorry i dont speak urdu (i wanna learn tho)
thanks bro thats true...

aminahjaan
02-05-2008, 12:27 AM
^ lol yeah i did that to all the miley cyrus songs and i like HATE her songs now..lol.. but i did it to guatanamo and i reeally got sik of it then..but stayed a long time witout it and listened again and it was still good...lol thats why my brother says to not play the same song twice...its gets 'gay' as he says it

haha gay

Yah I listen to songs like Immortal Technique or some snoop dogg, and then after a little bit I was like whoa will they ever shutt up!?!! And then I'm like wait I'm in control. I turned it off and I was like wow that was lke 20 minutes wasted when I could've been doing that essay i was avoiding.

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 12:30 AM
LOOOL YEAH!! avoiding essays with music.. i hate snoop he is like...HORRIBLE...

qassy!
02-05-2008, 12:32 AM
is qawwali classed as music then ?

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 12:36 AM
wats qawwali?

qassy!
02-05-2008, 12:40 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg8mZq...eature=related <- its by Nusrat Fateh Ali KhaN the legend of qawwali but I dont listen to it :(

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 12:44 AM
lol oh ok... i cannt even understand it tho .. it sounds like it only has the drums so probably not... lol they say allah hoo allah hoo so funny(like) lol

aminahjaan
02-05-2008, 12:46 AM
OMGG have you guys heard of these people called like LOTA PANI hahahahahaha if you guys can speak urdu you know what that means/

they make the BEST music and its no insturments just beat boxing. I was literally just cracking up on the floor. Naw I'm not a loser but look at this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k-Nq4NUBrOA

qassy!
02-05-2008, 12:46 AM
lol oh ok... i cannt even understand it tho .. it sounds like it only has the drums so probably not... lol they say allah hoo allah hoo so funny(like) lol
ur prob abit young but Nusrat Fateh Ali KhaN legend!!!

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 12:51 AM
is he paki or something?

lol sis those ppl are soooo funny i was literally ROFLMAO (ing) LOOOL they sang go shorty and it sounded like sooo real and like the real version!! HAHA LOOOLLL

qassy!
02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
OMGG have you guys heard of these people called like LOTA PANI hahahahahaha if you guys can speak urdu you know what that means/

they make the BEST music and its no insturments just beat boxing. I was literally just cracking up on the floor. Naw I'm not a loser but look at this...

sister tha didnt help
made me put 50 cent - in da club on :(

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 12:56 AM
lol i thought they on something... beat boxing never sounds good..lol.. but that shiekh looks funny haha

aminahjaan
02-05-2008, 12:58 AM
sister tha didnt help
made me put 50 cent - in da club on :(
This was supposed to make you avoidd it haha think of what fiddy is saying and think of what these lota panis are saying now you'll wanna listen to them fifty cent is okay, he got shot like freaking 98439204 times but his songs are perverted. Amusement park ,candy shop? It's disgusting really.

qassy!
02-05-2008, 12:59 AM
This was supposed to make you avoidd it haha think of what fiddy is saying and think of what these lota panis are saying now you'll wanna listen to them fifty cent is okay, he got shot like freaking 98439204 times but his songs are perverted. Amusement park ,candy shop? It's disgusting really.
lol In Da Club?

aminahjaan
02-05-2008, 01:02 AM
lol In Da Club?

still pretty nastty listen to what he's saying haha. I mean its an old song anyways, its not even worth listening to

AnonymousPoster
:offtopic:

truemuslim
lol yeah he gets shot... but i just wonder... WHO LIKES HIM??!?!! here he is considered a 'fag' by my brothers and everyone because he is a big snitch on ppl...lol

qassy!
02-05-2008, 01:03 AM
still pretty nastty listen to what he's saying haha. I mean its an old song anyways, its not even worth listening to
but its a classic song u luv it ! sound wicked on my sound system!

qassy!
02-05-2008, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:offtopic:
no in my opinion

qassy!
02-05-2008, 01:04 AM
lol yeah he gets shot... but i just wonder... WHO LIKES HIM??!?!! here he is considered a 'fag' by my brothers and everyone because he is a big snitch on ppl...lol
I like his songs hows he a snithc?

------
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM

STAY ON TOPIC. :mad:

This thread is about how the sister can stop music, not to discuss the latest music around!!

Jazaak Allaah.

anonymous
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Word up AhLÄÄM. Jazaakillah khayr.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
not because he goes against quran n sunnah in everyway and wears trousers below a$$ but not below ankles?!

seriously....

------
02-05-2008, 01:09 PM

not because he goes against quran n sunnah in everyway and wears trousers below a$$ but not below ankles?!
Thats what I mean lol....teenagers minds nowadays are MASSIVELY POLLUTED!!

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 05:19 PM
HE IS A SNITCH... im done... plus he gots wiiieerd eyes... i do like in da club tho..lol... not nearly as much as outlandish'ss songs but still... :w:

qassy!
02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
HE IS A SNITCH... im done... plus he gots wiiieerd eyes... i do like in da club tho..lol... not nearly as much as outlandish'ss songs but still... :w:
his not a snitch!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
his not a snitch!
but his a replace "sn" with a "b"

seriously, bro sis, check out:

http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id15.html

if you love and hate for Allaahs sake, you'll hate fifty nifty and realise how sick he is. you'll also hate everything which opposes the sunnah... check out:

Media Tags are no longer supported

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
^ thank u bro, lol u cant call a boy a ..bit-- ok im done

qassy!
02-05-2008, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
but his a replace "sn" with a "b"

seriously, bro sis, check out:

http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id15.html

if you love and hate for Allaahs sake, you'll hate fifty nifty and realise how sick he is. you'll also hate everything which opposes the sunnah... check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uqkje02Df0
ill read it l8a bro, really tired jus got back from work

------
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM

IF there is ONE MORE comment about this 50 cent guy in this thread, I will lose it.

WHAT ON EARTH DO U SEE IN HIM?!?! :mad:

THIS life is NOTHING! Get that in ur brain and stop conversing whether 50 Cent guy is a snitch or whatever! get a grip on urself and ur deen!

Please brothers and sisters OPEN UR EYES AND SEE THE REALITY OF THIS LIFE!!

P.S. http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id15.html - gud link bro IbnAbdulHakim

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
^ ok ok gosh no need to get ur temper up above the normal!! loljk...

------
02-05-2008, 07:20 PM

Sis truemuslim my temper is fine, but i hate it when i see brothers and sisters following stupid rockstars and seeing them as their role models!!

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
^...uhhh hello im sayin he a snitch... and the other one that rhymes wit snitch... not a rolemodel ... its...um someone ELSE who actually LIKES his songs...lol

------
02-05-2008, 07:24 PM

I didn't say it was you. But I don't see the purpose of this thread if the people keep talking about a certain someone's songs, and backbiting about him. :-\

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
yeah yeah... forget it..back on topic

Cabdullahi
02-05-2008, 09:37 PM
i used to listen to 5****T but alhamduliah ive stopped all music and replaced it with listening to the quran

Mainstream hip-hop is the devils tool not only hiphop music is,so doent listen to that garbage stuff

PEACE ya'll

BlackMamba
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Wow that was one of the funniest things Ive seen on youtube in a long time. Its only good if u understand what theyre sayin not just listening to the beats
"Catch me in the Mosque, pocket full of Itr
Tryna leave the Masjid without prayin Witr
See wit a girl, yo son thats my sister"

The HIfzin' one was the funniest tho at 4:15. "When ramadan comes I go on tour" lol

BlackMamba
02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I like 50 so much more after I saw Get Rich or die tryin Astaghfirullah it has bad stuff in it but its a sick movie

truemuslim
02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
^ lol yeah i kno thats true that movie is sooo amazing!!

AnonymousPoster
02-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I like 50 so much more after I saw Get Rich or die tryin Astaghfirullah it has bad stuff in it but its a sick movie
^ lol yeah i kno thats true that movie is sooo amazing!!
AFTER ALL THAT
WHAT IS THE POINT?

someone...
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
this thread is becoming funny now

BlackMamba
02-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I just saw that video of Napolean. Mashallah thats real cool

arabianprincess
02-06-2008, 03:46 AM
i got the same problem .... and yeah just try hear em over again until u hate em
but the problem is that i always find new ones that i like .. so i guess how do u quit with out gettin that feelin u want more?

snakelegs
02-06-2008, 04:04 AM
i dont even know what 'naats' is sorry i dont speak urdu (i wanna learn tho)
thanks bro thats true...
naat - song in praise of the prophet

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 05:35 AM
oooooh ok lol thanks snakey

------
02-06-2008, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
AFTER ALL THAT
WHAT IS THE POINT?
EXACTLY!!!

[MAD]STAY ON TOPIC!!!![/MAD]

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Astaghfirullah it has bad stuff in it but its a sick movie
lol its like me saying, astagfirullaah Alcohol/weed/drugs might make me drunk/high stupid and retarded but it makes me feel sooo good!

aamirsaab
02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
The following is a list of all things halal and addictive:

He-man
Thundercats
Transformers
Ninja turtles
Everything nintendo
Jellies

I have no idea why I said that. I also have no idea why I'm going to lock this thread. What I do know is that it is going to happen and probably annoy the hell out of someone. I feel so good.

piXie
02-07-2008, 05:24 PM
:wasalamex

^ JazakAllahu Khayr for re-opening

yessss of courseeeee your on!
lol lol lol and loooooool... gimme the cash and its a deal... meet me in the alley down the street...the one wit blood everywhere...and come...ALONE...no coppys or nutin...lol im kiddin

we’d accept that wouldn’t we? Infact, we’d be pretty crazy not to – everyone would think us totally MAD! if we didn’t. Well, do u know that Allaah :arabic2: has made us an offer even more generous than this one? Did you know that?

What is a lousy 3 million pounds compared to Allahs offer. He is givin us, not 3 million pounds, not 10 million pounds, not a 100 million pounds, but more than a 1000 millions, trillions, gazillion pounds even! He’s promised us a place in Jannah which is worth MORE than the whole wide world and everything in it! not only that but He’s promised to give us everything we ask for and fill us to our hearts content. He’s promised us joy n happiness, peace n security, eternal bliss n His company n friendship in paradise! Imagine that! And what does He want us to do in return?

Be THANKFUL to Him. That - is - all. n what is the true meaning of being thankful to Allah? Just by saying ' Oh thankyou thankyou!' n thats it? No, It is by showing obedience and SUBMISSION, by obeying His commands n obeying His Messenger's :arabic5: Commands. n these commands are only there to benefit US.

n For how long? How long do we have to obey Him to get that reward? Not for a day, not for 24 hours like in the 3 million pound offer which we are ready to meet in the alley to accept, but for LESS than that. Less than half a day even. No I’m not joking with you, it says this in the Qur’aan:

“On the day when they shall see that hour, it will seem to them that their whole life on earth had spanned only one evening, or one morning (last verse of Surah Nazi’aat)

That is ALL it is, the reality of this life which seems sooo long to us. It aint long brothers n sisters. Its SHORT. This life is OVER before u know it. In an hours time the sun will set or rise, n that morning or evening will disappear. Time is flying, the angel of death is hovering near our heads, n its not long before we will be standing before our Lord.

If we are ready to eagerly accept the 3 million pound offer, how can we, In the name of Our Lord, possibly refuse this one? If we believe that a person who failed to give up some music or something, for just 24 hours and lost their 3 million pounds as a result is a complete fool, then we gotta believe that those who fail to give up haraam n lose their Jannah, are even bigger fools! n on that day there will be NO worse REGRET than theirs! :thumbs_do

Brothers n sisters, If someone offered us even &#189; million to give up something that was BAD for us, we would be in gratitude to them our whole life, WOULDN'T WE? If they wanted us to do something, we wouldn’t be able to refuse them, WOULD WE? Just can’t! not when someone has been that merciful and that kind to u. Its too hard

Yet how are we with Allah? All that we have now, ALL the bounties that we have, He’s the one that has given them to us. Now will we IGNORE His command when He tells us to give up something which is harmful for us? can we say "argh no sorry Allah, m too addicted, or "no I can't leave it, its so enjoyable" Don’t we want the amazing reward he has in store for us? Don't we want the best of this world and the next? We say we love Allah n His Rasool :arabic5: n we say we want Jannah, well we gotta prove that haven’t we? The ticket to that beautiful place aint for free brothers n sisters! Do we think we’ll get it by mere words “Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah, I love Islam!” n no actions? No! We have to Obey Allah n show it.

There are people out there, who have given up their lives for Allah, n those reverts that have given up their families, their parents, spouses, friends, and hv changed their WHOLE lifestyles for the sake of Allah! They've given up everything. what is all that compared to giving up just music? NOTHING. Man, it should be EASY! :rollseyes

Music is like the Bible of the shaytaans and homosexuals and polytheists. It takes Away the BIGGEST blessing that Allah has given us. Do u know what that blessing is? It is our EEMAAN. Our Eemaan! which gives us STRENGTH, personality, values, contentment of the heart and mind, LOVE for Allah and His Rasool :arabic5:. It is Eemaan, which changes a human being, from lower than the animals to HIGHER than the angels! Without our Eemaan, without this POWER within us, we are NOTHING!. n listening to Music brothers n sisters, weakens and throws that Eemaan RIGHT out that window. What a loss! Is it worth it? No!

Why do you think Allah has forbidden it? Its sounds n lyrics stay with us, IN our hearts and ON our tongues so we are humming them throughout the day without even realizing it. Brothers and sisters, do we WANT the book of the Shaytaan to be on our minds and in our hearts? Is that what we want to TURN to when we are sad or depressed?

Music is harmful for us, n it has an evil effect on our soul. It doesn’t solve our problems, instead it takes us into this weird crazy almost drunk state which makes us forget all our problems and worries. It gives us NO benefit.

For this reason, Allah doesn’t WANT us to listen to music to make ourselves temporarily feel better. He wants us to turn to His book, the Qur’an, because unlike music, His blessed book gives us thousands of benefits and treasures which we can’t even dream of, in this world, AND in the neXt. Unlike music, the Qur’aan has ANSWERS to our problems, it tells us our PURPOSE in life n gives our life meaning. n It INCREASES our Eemaan which we so badly need.
We want this ---> :Koran: to be in our minds n hearts and on our tongues. We want to love this :Koran: book. n if we love this book in the TRUE sense, we can’t love music, the Book of the Shaytaan. The desire for BOTH cannot co-exist within us, one will eventually destroy the other for they are enemies to one another.

Brothers and sisters, even if there is no apparent harm in something, if Allah commands us to leave it, then we should and we MUST. Because Allah knows and we do NOT! Do we think we know better than the one who created us? The sincere believers are those who say, ‘we hear and we obey!’. This is what Allah wants from us, and who is more worthier to be obeyed than the Master of the Heavens and the Earth?

That is the sole purpose for why we’ve been sent here on earth in the first place. And our souls made this covenant with Allah even before we were created. Allah says in the Qur’an:

And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their loins, their seed (or from Adam's loin his offspring) and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord?" They said: "Yes! We testify," lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: "Verily, we have been unaware of this."

This basic belief has been imprinted in each and every soul to remind us and PULL us back towards our Mission for which we were sent. There is NO excuse brothers and sisters.This is the REALITY. Can we afford to forget this?

And if we are finding it too HARD to fulfil our purpose in life n Obey Allaah then 'wasta’eenu bissabri wassalah!' 'Seek Help in Patience and Salah!'

n Allah says those who ask for help n patience He will give it to them. So lets pray to Him and make the intention now, IN OUR HEART, to give up doing what Allah has forbidden.

Because remember brothers n sisters, if we don't Allah will be Angry with us. n believe me, we don't wanna be standing on the plain of Arafat in that state...n knowing we've screwed forever :offended:

May Allah forgive us and give us all the Tawfeeq to do whats right and help us to fulfil our Mission in life. May He ease our affairs n make us worthy of His n His Rasools :arabic5: company in Jannah. Aameen. n I apologise if this post has somehow turned into a really long lecture (I tried to keep it short :embarrass) JazakAllahu Khayr for being patient n reading...

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.