/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

sigix
02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
:sl:
Am a student, i study arabic at university, but am not a muslim, am about my graduation, and have to write my bachelor topic. So the theme is Hajj. The problem is that i have to find out a problem about this theme what to talk about iin my bachelor topic, but i cannot find out any problem what to read up, so am asking the help ,maybe you have any suggestions what problems about Hajj would be interresting to explore?
Thanks a lot! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
02-03-2008, 02:16 PM
*Thread approved*

rabarbara2008
02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Ehm, maybe the problem that too many people want to go on Hajj but there is a quotum for each country?
Or the fact that sometimes people step on each other (killing each other) while performing the rituals?
Or you mean a kind of 'religious' problem related to Hajj?

------
02-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey

maybe you have any suggestions what problems about Hajj would be interresting to explore?
I don't know whether these would count as problems but:

- accomodation for so many people
- food/drink for so many people
- air conditioning for so many people

I don't know, what kind of problems did u have in mind?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abi786
02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
with so many people in one place - possible language barriers, sanitation, problems with spread of diseases is possible (but im not sure its too much of an issue nowadays as Saudi authorities are really good)

maybe getting lost in the crowd, or getting crushed with so many people (again i think this only happened when they would carry out teh stoning of the Devil - but they have changed this so i dont think there are many deaths here due to that)

Accomodation caused a lot of deaths in the past - but again the authorities have changed this as well so only new buildings.

mina tents used to catch on fire - but now they have made these fireproof

i guess they've covered all the bases:sunny:

ummm ok it is physically challenging for the elderly or disabled (although wheelchairs etc are provided) but the lack of sleep and long journey time will take its toll. Money wise Hajj costs alot an would be harder for poorer muslims to perform. hope this helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!