/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Downloading from the Internet

exKaitoli
02-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Salam Aleikum everybody, I was wondering if it is halal or haram to download from the internet? Downloading things like, movies, games, music etc..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MartyrX
02-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I believe that would be classified as stealing if it wasn't meant to be free.

czgibson
02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Greetings,

I've been reliably informed that music is haram even if you don't steal it.

Peace

exKaitoli
02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
No, I don't believe that music is haram...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kaitoli
What makes you believe that ?

exKaitoli
02-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Because it is not written in the Qu'ran that it is disallowed, my muslim friends and family listens to music without any problems, I might believe that some kind of music could be haram.. which contains curses and bad words.. but otherwise I don't think that music is haram.

czgibson
02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Greetings,
Because it is not written in the Qu'ran that it is disallowed, my muslim friends and family listens to music without any problems, I might believe that some kind of music could be haram.. which contains curses and bad words.. but otherwise I don't think that music is haram.
It's not about your opinion, though, is it? Unless you're a scholar, of course. Then your opinion would matter.

Here is the "Evidence that music is haram".

Being a musician myself, my opinion is that there is nothing wrong with listening to or playing music at all. If you're a Muslim, though, you're not allowed to believe that.

Peace

mohsen1985
02-04-2008, 03:05 PM
It depends . . .

My country didn't accept the copyright law;DSo I guess I can download everything I want, but if they signed it think it'd be haram. . .

Anywho, if they wanted for their games, movies, music, etc. . . not to be pirated, there's hundreds of methods they can use to stop this from happening. The most simple and obvious one is hardware locks. They're cheap, easy to use and reliable.

exKaitoli
02-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Salam Aleikum

Czgibson, I didn't see that as evidence for music being haram, could you say a specific sura in the Qu'ran please?

Second.. how do you know that the authors of "MuslimWays" are scholars, teachers, mullahs or imams? It is not hard to create a website and write everything on it and to later publish it. You can search for muslim things on the web and find that different websites write different things from eachother.

Third, Is this website Shia or Sunni? Though, I know that neither Shia or Sunni disallows music. Which makes this question of interest only.

Your saying that I am not a scholar which is correct, but my opinion is not my ego, I ask around for knowledge from my brothers and family, all muslims I know listens to music. My father listens to music, he studied to become a teacher of religion.

"Allah said, what translated means, "And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment." [31:6].

How do you translate that? It doesn't say that music is haram at all. Music does not mislead. Terrorists say that music is haram, look at them, killing innocent people. Not that I am saying that you are a terrorist, just sayed that terrorists believe that music is haram. Could be a terrorist who has written the website you browsed. Terrorists "translates" the Qu'ran very very wrong. Most muslims listens to music.

31:6... this is what I read from a other source of the holy Qu'ran

"But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty."

Al-Wahidi (RadiyAllahu`anhuma), along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Qur'an), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah (RadiyAllahu`anhum). Ibn Masud (RadiyAllahu`anhu) said, "By Allah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

Idle tales instead of Idle talks, no translation is good enough of the Qu'ran and I think it should be read only in the original language, arabic. It can be translated but as you can see, it becomes different on different authors who translates it.

I still believe that music is halal.

czgibson
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Greetings,

Look, I'm on your side with this one - I don't think the "evidence" there clearly shows music to be haram either, but I've had enough debates on this forum to know that the majority opinion among Sunni Muslim scholars is that music is haram. I've even had threads closed down for pointing out that the "evidence" is weak, and that believing music to be intrinsically wrong is an irrational position.

Trust me: you're wrong on this one. Ask any of the mods here and they'll tell you music is haram.

Peace

qassy!
02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I believe that would be classified as stealing if it wasn't meant to be free.
unless ur using a legal source such as Apple Itunes

exKaitoli
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Maybe the majority of the mods in this forum thinks music is haram, I don't know because I have not been a member of this forum for a long time, just a few days, but the majority of scholars doesnt think that it is haram.

Mods means moderator, correct?

Question to mods: If the majority of the mods here thinks that music is haram, tell me, then your not listening to music, watching movies (movie tracks), watching television (usually music on series, movies etc), your not listening to radio etc. I doubt..

Whatsthepoint
02-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Maybe the majority of the mods in this forum thinks music is haram, I don't know because I have not been a member of this forum for a long time, just a few days, but the majority of scholars doesnt think that it is haram.

Mods means moderator, correct?

Question to mods: If the majority of the mods here thinks that music is haram, tell me, then your not listening to music, watching movies (movie tracks), watching television (usually music on series, movies etc), your not listening to radio etc. I doubt..
I think the majority of scholars believe it's haraam.

jzcasejz
02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
but the majority of scholars doesnt think that it is haram.
Care to name a few?

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I think the majority of scholars believe it's haraam.
Thank you.

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 08:12 PM
those scholars are sayin things like music is not haram unless it has bad words and all but dont matter bout the instruments... and rasulallah didnt say that...so since when have scholars been better than prophets?

someone...
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
if its legal its halal...also music IS haram bro

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Music is haraam. Full stop.

Argue with that, and you are arguing with rasulullaah (SAW)

WaSalaam

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 11:09 PM
^ yep.. ur choice believe the scholars or believe rasulallah

FatimaAsSideqah
02-04-2008, 11:33 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Music is 100% haraam.

The Noble Qur'an - Luqman 31:6

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire).

Hadith - Bukhari (#787) [Also related by Tabari]

Sa'id ibn Jbayr reported that Ibn 'Abbas said about the verse: "And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks" (31:6), that, "ldle talks means singing and the like."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Isra 17:64

"And Istafiz [literally means: befool them gradually] those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and other call for Allah's disobedience)..."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:494

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

Wa salaam

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

someone...
02-04-2008, 11:42 PM
jazakallah righteouslady

jzcasejz
02-05-2008, 12:51 AM
BaarakAllaahu Feekum for your replies. Sad thing is that every now and then, we get the occasional LI member who sparks of the 'music is halaal' debate. We've had dozens of threads like this in the past... but to no avail.

The evidence posted on this thread is clear now, it's all just down to you now brutha!

Ummu Sufyaan
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
:sl:
But there are three excpetions, i.e on the two `Eids, weddings, and to celebrate the arrival from travel of a respected individual. And only the duff is allowed, and it is only to be played by women.
Check this thread out, inshallah.

mohsen1985
02-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I am reading Luqman 31:6 right now . . .

What I get from the meaning is that the people who gather false claims and proofs against Allah to mislead people. I can't see the connection to music . . .

There are a lot of songs for Allah! Sami Yusuf for example.

I believe that not all music is haraam. A lot of the scholars say this too. As long as it's reasonable, it's not a woman singer, etc . . . it's okay

Ummu Sufyaan
02-05-2008, 11:53 AM
What I get from the meaning is that the people who gather false claims and proofs against Allah to mislead people. I can't see the connection to music . . .
akh, the verses in the quran and the hadiths are subject to interpretations!!! they are not for average person like you and me to understand them how we want. we cant take them at 'face value.' thats what scholars are for. where is the respect for our scholars :(
There are a lot of songs for Allah! Sami Yusuf for example.
Woah! that dosnt make it legal.

A lot of the scholars say this too.
i doubt reliable ones would say that....
As long as it's reasonable, it's not a woman singer, etc . . . it's okay
evidence?

Cabdullahi
02-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I know its illegal but i download games from the internet and the most recent game i downloaded was FOOTBALL MANAGER 2008

mohsen1985
02-05-2008, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11

akh, the verses in the quran and the hadiths are subject to interpretations!!! they are not for average person like you and me to understand them how we want. we cant take them at 'face value.' thats what scholars are for. where is the respect for our scholars :(

Woah! that dosnt make it legal.

i doubt reliable ones would say that....

evidence?
I know, but their interpetation doesn't make any sense to me (and many others). There's a lotta difference between the scholars, some believe it's haraam, some believe not all music is haraam. I seriously don't know their names, but I've asked them or their representative via email and phone. I've received both haraam and not haraam with certain condition answers from them

crayon
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
One hadith from the Bukhari Shareef, the most authentic Book of Hadith, confirms unlawfulness of music and singing :
`There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).`

Would you like it any more black and white than that?
An authentic hadith states that the use of musical instruments is HARAM. There's no if's and but's, no "if it doesn't have swearing" or "if other muslims do it".

By the way, just to add, just because a lot of muslims do something, that doesn't make it halal. Do you honestly believe that? I know a lot of muslims that date, drink alchohol, go swimming in bikinis, deal with interest, gamble. Are you honestly trying to say that when a lot of people do something that makes it okay? I mean, come on..

jzcasejz
02-05-2008, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
thats what scholars are for. where is the respect for our scholars :(
Indeed!

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
One hadith from the Bukhari Shareef, the most authentic Book of Hadith, confirms unlawfulness of music and singing :
`There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).`

Would you like it any more black and white than that?
An authentic hadith states that the use of musical instruments is HARAM. There's no if's and but's, no "if it doesn't have swearing" or "if other muslims do it".

By the way, just to add, just because a lot of muslims do something, that doesn't make it halal. Do you honestly believe that? I know a lot of muslims that date, drink alchohol, go swimming in bikinis, deal with interest, gamble. Are you honestly trying to say that when a lot of people do something that makes it okay? I mean, come on..
Jazaakillaah Khayr.

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari:

that he heard the Prophet (saw) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

Bukhaari...

Bro Mohsen1985, your just a proof of this prohecy...Its not even debatable, not even considerable...

Open your eyes and read and believe the evidence, not what you want to believe...

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rehmatullaah

exKaitoli
02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Care to name a few?
My father is a religion teacher so I consider him as a scholar, my cousin knows imams which also should be considered as scholars.

Hadith (الحديث transliteration: al-ḥadīth/ "Talk Nabawi") are oral traditions relating to the words and deeds of the Islamic prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

Where do you find your source for your hadiths that you are naming? Internet is NOT a safe source in any way, anyone could corrupt it unless it's a website that have one or several scholar(s), but that could be hard to find out if it's really a scholar isn't it? I don't think it's very clever to read the Qu'ran on the internet either, unless you Really know that it is a safe web. Or other islamic information, since there are a lot of people today unfortunately that dislikes Islam.

crayon
02-05-2008, 02:57 PM
The source of that hadith is sahih bukhari, as written in the post above. :)

exKaitoli
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
The source of that hadith is sahih bukhari, as written in the post above. :)
Salam Aleikum

Did you have this book in your hands and typed it into the reply box or did you find it somewhere in the internet and copied the text into the reply box?

crayon
02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
It's a well known sahih hadith.
I've read it before, not online, in several books and pamphlets, but this time I got it from the internet.

mariam.
02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I hope when any one said that music is haraam .. don't content with this saying and STOP!!

because NOT ALL music are haraam .. WIND instruments & STRINGED instruments are HARAAM and other is NOT.

peace

someone...
02-05-2008, 10:31 PM
just wondering mariam are u saying music is NOT haram?

mariam.
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by someone...
just wondering mariam are u saying music is NOT haram?
What Iam saying is NOT ALL music is haram ..

peace

someone...
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM
oh...well instruments would you count as halal?

FatimaAsSideqah
02-05-2008, 10:43 PM

Ma'aazif refers to singing and musical instruments. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) told us that at the end of time there will come a people who will allow these things just as they will allow alcohol, zina and silk. This is one of the signs of his Prophethood, for all of this has happened.

The hadeeth indicates that [musical instruments] are haram (prohibited), and condemns those who say they are halal (permissible), just as it condemns those who say that alcohol and zina are allowed. The aayaat and ahaadeeth that warn against singing and musical instruments are many indeed. Whoever claims that Allah has allowed singing and musical instruments is lying and is committing a great evil. We ask Allah to keep us from obeying our desires and the Shaytaan. Even worse and more seriously sinful than that are those who say it is mustahabb. Undoubtedly this stems from ignorance about Allah and His Religion; it is insolent blasphemy against Allah and lying about His Laws.

What is mustahabb (recommended) is to beat on the daff [simple hand drum] at weddings. This is mustahabb for women only, in order to announce the wedding and to distinguish it from fornication. There is nothing wrong with women singing amongst themselves, accompanied by the daff, so long as the songs contain no words that encourage evil or distract people from their duties. It is also a condition that this should take place among women only, and there should be no mixing with men. It should also not cause any annoyance or disturbance to neighbours. What some people do, of amplifying such singing with loudspeakers is evil, because of the disturbance it causes to other Muslims, neighbours and others. It is not permissible for women, in weddings or on other occasions, to use any instrument other than the daff, such as the oud, violin, rebab (stringed instrument) and so on. This is evil, and the only concession that women are given is that they may use the daff.

As for men, it is not permissible for them to play any kind of musical instrument, whether at weddings or on any other occasion. What Allah has prescribed for men is training in the use of instruments of war, such as target practice or learning to ride horses and competing in that, using spears, shields, tanks, airplanes and other things such as cannons, machine guns, bombs and anything else that may help jihaad for the sake of Allah.

Wa salaam

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

MartyrX
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
unless ur using a legal source such as Apple Itunes
Well yes of course. I had assumed illegal methods like torrents and peer to peer networking.

guyabano
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
To be honest, I convert to a good citizen. YES, I can say it loud: All my Windows XP/VISTA etc...are all legal. YES, I bought then. I'm tired of always beeing afraid that I cannot make upgrades, security patches, etc....

Hey, even my favorite games, I bought them on Amazon. I just downloaded the game 'BioShock' recently. What a disaster. It took me ages to download (more than 6GB File) and when it was finally downloaded I got an heartattack: It was in italian. Arrrghhh. So I end up buying it.
Same story for good Internet Security. People, buy your software. At least, you can download everyday the new virus database and newest spam-threats.

I'm off from the 'download-all-what-you-can' trip, it's nonsense.

my 2 cents

peace

mariam.
02-06-2008, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by someone...
oh...well instruments would you count as halal?
brother, what you mean by well instruments .. give me examples please.

mariam.
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Ma'aazif refers to singing and musical instruments. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) told us that at the end of time there will come a people who will allow these things just as they will allow alcohol, zina and silk. This is one of the signs of his Prophethood, for all of this has happened.

The hadeeth indicates that [musical instruments] are haram (prohibited), and condemns those who say they are halal (permissible), just as it condemns those who say that alcohol and zina are allowed. The aayaat and ahaadeeth that warn against singing and musical instruments are many indeed. Whoever claims that Allah has allowed singing and musical instruments is lying and is committing a great evil. We ask Allah to keep us from obeying our desires and the Shaytaan. Even worse and more seriously sinful than that are those who say it is mustahabb. Undoubtedly this stems from ignorance about Allah and His Religion; it is insolent blasphemy against Allah and lying about His Laws.

What is mustahabb (recommended) is to beat on the daff [simple hand drum] at weddings. This is mustahabb for women only, in order to announce the wedding and to distinguish it from fornication. There is nothing wrong with women singing amongst themselves, accompanied by the daff, so long as the songs contain no words that encourage evil or distract people from their duties. It is also a condition that this should take place among women only, and there should be no mixing with men. It should also not cause any annoyance or disturbance to neighbours. What some people do, of amplifying such singing with loudspeakers is evil, because of the disturbance it causes to other Muslims, neighbours and others. It is not permissible for women, in weddings or on other occasions, to use any instrument other than the daff, such as the oud, violin, rebab (stringed instrument) and so on. This is evil, and the only concession that women are given is that they may use the daff.

As for men, it is not permissible for them to play any kind of musical instrument, whether at weddings or on any other occasion. What Allah has prescribed for men is training in the use of instruments of war, such as target practice or learning to ride horses and competing in that, using spears, shields, tanks, airplanes and other things such as cannons, machine guns, bombs and anything else that may help jihaad for the sake of Allah.

Wa salaam

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima
thank you sister .. but did you said that singing is haraam, I believe that there a dissidence about music, however NO one said that singing is haram whether who sing is a man or woman ..

sister If you read the memoir of prophet Mohammad peace be upon him you can understand what Iam saying.

finally, I hope you read [The Revival of the Religions Sciences (Iḥyaʾ ʿulum al-dīn)] by Al-Ghazali .. On Music & singing.

I hope it can help you Insha'allah.

czgibson
02-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
Well yes of course. I had assumed illegal methods like torrents and peer to peer networking.
Those methods are not necessarily illegal. Sharing copyrighted material is illegal, yes, but that's not the only material that is available via those means.

I use torrents all the time to download concerts for which nobody owns the copyright, which is not against the law.

Peace

Whatsthepoint
02-06-2008, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
and when it was finally downloaded I got an heartattack: It was in italian. Arrrghhh.
That's why there's the comment section.:giggling:

Na7lah
02-07-2008, 12:54 AM
If it's really a known sahih hadith, then explain why the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) listened to music, the muslim world listens to music. Walk in a Iranian street and you might hear the music, Saudi Arabia etc.
u say the prophet listened to music??????????? do u have any prooof? :?
Also why would you choose to accept the words of SOME (not all-actually the minority) scholars over the Prophet's and Allah's words???
I recall that one of the things that make a person disbelive in Allah is HATING SOMETHING THAT THE PROPHET TOLD US TO DO
(even if you do it but you just hate it)
brother i think you should think about what you are doing before you go of making false statements an ddebating over it with no Ilm

Ma'salamah

(no offence)

czgibson
02-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah421
That's an excellent question. Let's see if an answer is forthcoming.

Kaitoli: I can see that you are resisting this information, and I can perfectly understand that it would be upsetting to discover that your religion forbids something you enjoy. You must do what you think is right, and I am sure you will.

Peace

Ummu Sufyaan
02-07-2008, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
You dismiss a commonly quoted Hadeeth and come up with the lamest of the lamest excuses. And to top it off, you make some nonsense about VVahhabi scholars. Many of the scholars of the past disallowed music too you know.

There's no point in arguing this anymore as this thread isn't getting anywhere. Salaam Bro.
Also why would you choose to accept the words of SOME (not all-actually the minority) scholars over the Prophet's and Allah's words???
brother i think you should think about what you are doing before you go of making false statements an ddebating over it with no Ilm

Ma'salamah

(no offence)
:thumbs_up

Ebtisweetsam
02-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Well then ur one in a million.....

Ebtisweetsam
02-07-2008, 10:56 AM
@Kaitoli

....... but I get tears in my eyes because of too much emotion, when I listen Pucchini's 'Nessum Dorma' sing by Pavarotti. Oh man, I get chicken skin.

Peace
U would, u know, being a monkey and all ;D

exKaitoli
02-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Salam Aleikum

I recall that one of the things that make a person disbelive in Allah is HATING SOMETHING THAT THE PROPHET TOLD US TO DO
(even if you do it but you just hate it)

Ma'salamah

(no offence)
Yes, I have proof that the prophet listened to music, I have asked a scholar about that.
I don't disbelieve in Allah, I believe in Allah and I am a muslim.
I don't hate what the prophet told us to do, he didn't tell us muslims to stop listening to music.
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Well then ur one in a million.....
No, it's the opposite, it's you who are one in a billion. Just open the TV or travel to a muslim country and you will see that music is allowed and world wide over the muslim world. If I recall it correctly a country in Africa prohibited music, but the majority of muslim countries allows it. Though it doesn't matter, it's not what the muslims does which is important it is the Qu'ran and what the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) said

crayon
02-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Would you mind enlightening us all with this proof?

exKaitoli
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Would you mind enlightening us all with this proof?
How? Do you want me to speak with the scholar again with a tape recorder?

crayon
02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
You don't remember the hadith that stated that the prophet peace be upon him listened to music? Or the story of it?

exKaitoli
02-07-2008, 06:30 PM
When I asked the scholar I didn't ask for the hadith or the story, I asked him something similar to this.. "Did the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) listen to music" and he answered me.

jzcasejz
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
When I asked the scholar I didn't ask for the hadith or the story, I asked him something similar to this.. "Did the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) listen to music" and he answered me.
No the sister was asking can you remember what Hadeeth or sources the scholar gave in his reply to your question. And another thing, if you don't mind me asking, who and from where is this scholar?

Na7lah
02-08-2008, 01:04 AM
^^^ yeah who gave him the authority to speak against like 99% of this ummah's shcolars? brother you're stubburn with yiour belief but u never give us proof of anything???

Ebtisweetsam
02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Bro it sounds like ur a sufi... am i right? Music is definetly prohibited in islam, in the eyes of ALL sunni Muslim scholars.

exKaitoli
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
No the sister was asking can you remember what Hadeeth or sources the scholar gave in his reply to your question. And another thing, if you don't mind me asking, who and from where is this scholar?
The scholar is my father. We are kurds from Iraq.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Bro it sounds like ur a sufi... am i right? Music is definetly prohibited in islam, in the eyes of ALL sunni Muslim scholars.
I am not a sufi, I am a shia muslim.

jzcasejz
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
The scholar is my father. We are kurds from Iraq.

I am not a sufi, I am a shia muslim.
OK, JazaakAllaah Khayr for the clarification - all seems to make more sense now. Anyways, what was this topic originally about? Oh yeah, downloading of music, videos etc...

Well, downloading from the internet is not alltogether a "wrong" thing. But say you're downloading movies, software and music that is copyright, then that is forbidden in Islaam.

Where's the proof for all I said? I won't even bother since the daleel could "easily become corrupted by someone like, an atheist, muslim haters or other factions" :rolleyes:

exKaitoli
02-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I have recently stopped downloading games because I find it haram for the PC, but I have a nintendo which I download games for yet, I heard before that there are so many ways to stop games to be exploited but they (the game producers) are still not doing anything, maybe this is because they want people to download it to later advertise to people they know.. for example... I download a new game... and I will tell my friend that this game is fun, and soon we both might buy it or it might result that we both download it..

Yes, the information could easily be corrupted if you find it on the internet ;)

exKaitoli
02-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Salam Aleikum

good that we brought it up

am I allowed to be on these forums? because I am a shia muslim, or is this forum for sunni only?

crayon
02-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Of course you're allowed, there's no rules as to who can participate in these forums and who can't.

It only provides understanding because sunni muslims and shia muslims have different opinions regarding issues.

czgibson
02-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Greetings,
I have recently stopped downloading games because I find it haram for the PC, but I have a nintendo which I download games for yet, I heard before that there are so many ways to stop games to be exploited but they (the game producers) are still not doing anything, maybe this is because they want people to download it to later advertise to people they know.. for example... I download a new game... and I will tell my friend that this game is fun, and soon we both might buy it or it might result that we both download it..
Isn't that still stealing?

Peace

guyabano
02-12-2008, 09:45 AM
You can turn and twist it however you like, Downloading from Internet or even having an Original Disk and then applying an NoCD-Crack is forbidden.

Anyway, it's getting harder to make illegal copies run. My latest game 'BioShock' has a Securom Protection, which you must activate online, like a Windows OS.
In Forums, People also report, that NoDVD Cracks don't work on 'Bioshock' as the game freeze after a while.

Peace

~Ismaeel~
02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
You can turn and twist it however you like, Downloading from Internet or even having an Original Disk and then applying an NoCD-Crack is forbidden.

Anyway, it's getting harder to make illegal copies run. My latest game 'BioShock' has a Securom Protection, which you must activate online, like a Windows OS.
In Forums, People also report, that NoDVD Cracks don't work on 'Bioshock' as the game freeze after a while.

Peace

I definitly agree. What's the use of getting it in an illegal way, when you can get it or something similar to it legally?

guyabano
02-12-2008, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Ismaeel~

I definitly agree. What's the use of getting it in an illegal way, when you can get it or something similar to it legally?

And besides, Games are no more so expensive than before. Ermm, at least for PC's. Just try to avoid to buy it in the hot starting period. I always wait 3 months after release. There will be usually already fixes and patches and the price at Amazon.com dropped already 30%.
Plus, I love to have the original box of the game with the booklet.

Peace

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 02:28 PM
And besides, Games are no more so expensive than before. Ermm, at least for PC's. Just try to avoid to buy it in the hot starting period. I always wait 3 months after release. There will be usually already fixes and patches and the price at Amazon.com dropped already 30%.
Plus, I love to have the original box of the game with the booklet.

Peace
it sounds like ur a fm 2008 fan

guyabano
02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
it sounds like ur a fm 2008 fan
errmmm, no. Actually I have 2 games which I call my favorites:

1. Command and Conquer - Tiberium Wars
2. Bioshock (now this one rocks)

Peace

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
:salamext: and greeting,

Unnecessary posts have been deleted. I would like to remind everyone that they should not speak from their own opinions, whims and desires. That is not the purpose of the Learn About Islaam section. Rather, all points must be supported with authentic evidence, from the Qur'aan, Sunnah and the Scholars of the Sunnah. Inauthentic information, or information from inauthentic sources have been deleted.

With regards to the ruling on Music and Singing, please refer to this book by Aboo Bilaal Mustafa al-Kanadee (rahimullaah), posted on the forum: http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/202...an-sunnah.html

I would also like to remind everyone to stay off sectarian issues in the public forum please. There is a specific forum for that.

Now let's stay on-topic please.

muslimah_online
04-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Assalamualaikum,

i don't think music is haraam. As you can see, a lot of songs of nasyeed restrain from

using strings musical instruments because as my ustaz once said the musical

instruments that include strumming, blowing or (well, yeah, with strings)..are similar to

that of the syaitaan's.. that's why..

i hope this'll help..

salaam

m102313
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I know that music is Haram, No Doubt.

But sadly i still listen to it, it's like im addicted to it, iv'e been listening to it since i was 2 years old.

m102313
04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
To be honest, I convert to a good citizen. YES, I can say it loud: All my Windows XP/VISTA etc...are all legal. YES, I bought then. I'm tired of always beeing afraid that I cannot make upgrades, security patches, etc....

Hey, even my favorite games, I bought them on Amazon. I just downloaded the game 'BioShock' recently. What a disaster. It took me ages to download (more than 6GB File) and when it was finally downloaded I got an heartattack: It was in italian. Arrrghhh. So I end up buying it.
Same story for good Internet Security. People, buy your software. At least, you can download everyday the new virus database and newest spam-threats.

I'm off from the 'download-all-what-you-can' trip, it's nonsense.

my 2 cents

peace
Very good Point. And i would just like to add that, people should avoid using cracked programs and games as it harms your computer in the long run, the code of the program is tweaked a bit which can cause a change in your computer, i.e. make it extremely slow, crash several times etc.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.