/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal Chicken

Mikayeel
02-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Salam 3alekum

I was wondering what the method of killing chicken in the UK is? I was wondering is they are slaughtering it, that means we can perfectly eat them right? Since the head of the Country is Christian. The food of Ahl al kitaab is permitted for us?

I have heard several sources claiming that the halal shops and the normal shops get there chicken supply from the same source. Most arab shops have a somewhat low hygenic level. Which isnt the case with the supermarkets.

My aunty told me (she lives in Texas) that the Chicken in the USA and UK is slaughtered. I just want some confirm that this is true.

Thanks alot

Wa 3alekum alsalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
02-03-2008, 04:26 PM
cmon guys! need help on this!:)

wa 3alekum alsalaam

snakelegs
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
well, since no muslim has answered this, maybe i can make one appear. :D
i think a muslim can eat kosher meat, but not meat killed by christians because christians do not slaughter properly and there is always the possibility that other meat may be prepared for sale (in the super market) in the same place.
also, i don't think islam condones cruelty to animals. i don't know about the u.k., but in the u.s. because of greed, animals are raised in hideous conditions and suffer greatly. in fact, it is so horrendous and disgusting, i've pretty much given up on eating meat all together.
now - maybe a muslim will come and tell me if i'm wrong.

Mikayeel
02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
well, since no muslim has answered this, maybe i can make one appear. :D
i think a muslim can eat kosher meat, but not meat killed by christians because christians do not slaughter properly and there is always the possibility that other meat may be prepared for sale (in the super market) in the same place.
also, i don't think islam condones cruelty to animals. i don't know about the u.k., but in the u.s. because of greed, animals are raised in hideous conditions and suffer greatly. in fact, it is so horrendous and disgusting, i've pretty much given up on eating meat all together.
now - maybe a muslim will come and tell me if i'm wrong.
hmm thank you!, what about places like KFC? because in Holland it used to be halal, in britian it seems not to be halal. Dont all KFC get there chicken from same source?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
qassy!
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
hmm thank you!, what about places like KFC? because in Holland it used to be halal, in britian it seems not to be halal. Dont all KFC get there chicken from same source?
Well obviouslly there meet is not importanted if it is its going to be from a EU country

Just stick to places with the halal sign!

snakelegs
02-04-2008, 12:12 AM
i don't know about KFC - don't they have a website?
generally, it's not a great idea to eat out at these places.

ummsara1108
02-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Kosher meat isn't allowed, it's not the same, while the animal is being slaughtered it also has to have the blessing given as well. Like qassy said stick to places that say halal...

snakelegs
02-04-2008, 06:31 AM
i have always read that kosher meat is allowed if halal meat is not available.

snakelegs
02-04-2008, 06:40 AM
here you go:
If I can't find a halal meat, may I use "kosher" meat and canned meat products marked "kosher"?
Answer In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Yes, it is allowed to eat kosher meat. We know the Jews are very strict on slaughtering the animal and it is allowed for Muslims to eat the animals slaughtered by the People of the Book.

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=m0z9eA

You can also read:

Eating Kosher Meat

Allah Almighty knows best.

see also:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547478

someone...
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Just stick to places with the halal sign!
all is said

minaz
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Right I kinda know quite a bit about chicks in the UK:

I have heard several sources claiming that the halal shops and the normal shops get there chicken supply from the same source
There are specific Islamic abattoirs and even farms in Britain that deal with Halal meat. The HMC monitors the production of Halal meat, right from source to seller, many food outlets in Britain carry the HMC logo on their products, and the HMC certifies Halal producers too.

i don't think islam condones cruelty to animals. i don't know about the u.k., but in the u.s. because of greed, animals are raised in hideous conditions and suffer greatly. in fact, it is so horrendous and disgusting, i've pretty much given up on eating meat all together
Snakelegs, Islam does condemn cruelty to animals and any living thing. But cruelty is very hard to monitor when it comes to animals, as you have pointed out that greed can overide animal welfare. In Britain in the past month a public campaign has been launched to encourage us to buy "Free range" produce- especially eggs and chickens. The torment caged chickens go through is very disturbing- here's a link to one of the main supporters behind the
campaign. I have asked a couple of butchers about free range but one said they did not know, whilst the other said he doubted that they were- so basically a no no.

We know the Jews are very strict on slaughtering the animal and it is allowed for Muslims to eat the animals slaughtered by the People of the Book.
This is a tricky one these days- so I am told. At Friday Prayers few months back, the immam said a statement to the effect of how in Britain "there are so many Muslim outlets in our community that we need not go to any others for things we need (buy muslim to help the muslim community), this extends to Jewish meat and Jewish Christian brides." Islamically these 2 concepts are permissible, however the imam argued that "Juadism and Christianity are widely practiced differently to how they were in the Prophet Mohammed's (PHUH) time." (Lets not enter that debate as it deserves a thread of its own and I am not one for 'religious spats')
BTW the HMC only certifies meat that has been killed in the name of God (Bismillah) so I guess this is why Khosher meat doesn't come with a HMC stamp.
Dont all KFC get there chicken from same source
I know the KFC in Plaistow (East London) is halal, whilst the rule on sources of produce for food outlets varies. For instance, Subway chains have to get the main ingredients (meat, fish, bread mix, sauces) from the same regional outlet, however the salad can come from a choice (i know this cuz a friend of a friend owns one- I'm not that bigger geek :P)
Many places have "halal" or the arabic equivalent on front windows, this does not always mean that they are. The appearance of the word can mean anything the proprietor wants it to be, for example halal food is available but you have to ask for it, or they can say it is but have no proof of it being (i.e. no certificate) or that only a few foods are halal whilst others aren't. It's a con, but I hope they enjoy their time in hell :D

At the end of the day its down to your own intuition. Whilst backpacking across Europe last summer, I came across a few outlets who advertised halal foods, it wa sonly in Berlin I had my doubts when i asked a Turkish Kebab stand server if the food was halal- he laughed and said "halal, yes halal" and continued serving someone else. i could of taken his word for it, but I did not believe him for a second. Know the basics of what is halal or not and you will do fine- that applies to life really (which a great deal revolves around chicks ;) )

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.