/* */

PDA

View Full Version : atheism Vs agnosticism .....what is the difference?

Danah
02-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Peace be upon you all

I dont know if someone talk about this before.....but I am confusing about atheist and the Agnostic concepts. I thought that they are the same because they are common in not belive in God existtance

is there any differences between them?
who was before the other?
or, who is the part of the other?

I read that there is a strong atheism and a weak atheism, and thats seems to me like weak atheism can be subset of the agnosticism While the strong is a different stroy.

but what I read and understand that that agnosticism is just a subset of atheism because agnostics generally do not believe in gods

take a look at this......
Atheism is a little simpler to understand and is basically defined as a disbelief in any god. However, atheists themselves hold varied beliefs that generally fall into two main camps. "Weak atheism" is a lack of belief in a god. "Strong atheism" is a belief that no god exists and cannot exist. To compare the two, a weak atheist might say, "Gods might exist, but I don't worship them." Whereas a strong atheist might say, "It is impossible for any gods to exist, so there's no reason to believe in the idea." Neither believes in a god, but only the strong atheist denies the existence of gods
source:http://ask.yahoo.com/20030527.html

hope to read your comments on this because I am confused....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.