/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam in Sweden

Rabi'ya
09-26-2005, 04:15 PM
:sl: :brother: & :sister:

I have a bit of a query and I need it resolving ASAP inshaAllah.

I have recently found out that a friend of mine who I have not been in contact with for sometime is facing some dificulties, finacially and emotionally. She, and her sister, have recently moved to Sweden to study and unfortunately are not receiving support from their family any longer. As they do not speak Swedish they are finding it very difficult to get a job and any other kind of support.

I am planning to visit them both for Eid and inshaAllah spend a few days with them.

My query is this.......

Firstly - Does anyone here actually live in SWEDEN?

and Second - Does anyone know of any mosques, where women can attend taraweeh and Eid prayers, in Sweden.?

Jazakum Allahu Khairan

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
09-26-2005, 04:59 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sis i really dont know much cz i'm not in sweden - but the following link will help insha Allah.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPra...country=Sweden

the only problem is - its in swedish..

do you know which city they may be located at? so we can get more specific results? barak Allah u feeki.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Rabi'ya
09-26-2005, 05:30 PM
They are around one hour away from Stockholm i think the town is called Vasteras (sp?)

JazakAllah khair for your help akhee....

Ill check out that site.

:w:

- Qatada -
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
wa 'alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

jazak Allah khayr. theres a masjid in vasteras:

http://www.islamicfinder.org/getitWo...g=&lang=arabic

they even have a email address, so you could mail them and they could help insha Allah. the only problem is - most masjids arent organised these days so they might not reply.. but it does have a slight description where it says

'Name of area is oxbacken, near the pharmacy'

address:

Vasteras islamiska center
Asgatan 2,
Vasteras, Sweden 724 00, SWEDEN

email: v_islamiska_centar@hotmail.com

and a phone no.: 46 21 13 21 45 +
(i dont know why the plus sign is at the end. maybe the swedish telephone system is different, or maybe there is no need for a + sign, i'm not too sure sorry.)

keep in mind that vasteras is a big city (from what i've read) so it might be hard for the sisters to find it.. insha Allah we should pray for them. if you need any more info. please do ask. jazak Allah khayr.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
09-26-2005, 07:19 PM
:sl:

I lived in sweden for 15years now im in the uk, as for taraweeh it depends what town your refering to.

- Qatada -
09-26-2005, 07:45 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

shes reffering to the city of Vasteras akhi.

Allah (swt) knows best.

Khaldun
09-26-2005, 07:51 PM

ok inshAllah khair.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-26-2005, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

I lived in sweden for 15years now im in the uk, as for taraweeh it depends what town your refering to.

Wow, Mashallah, i didnt know you lived in sweden.

Rabi'ya
09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

do u knwo Vasteras? apparently its one hour from stockholm. but i was wondering if theres any mosques there that you know of where women can go coz my friends dont seem to know...

JazakAllah khair

Khaldun
09-27-2005, 01:56 PM

well i know the city your talking about but i lived in another city, but I could ask people I know and perhaps come back to you.

Rabi'ya
09-27-2005, 01:58 PM
If you could do that akhi I would be so grateful.

Its just that these girls are away from home and if I could even make a little effect to them by introducing them to some local Muslimahs it wouldbe helpful

JazakAllah khair...

pisanggoreng
10-16-2005, 07:51 AM
There is definitely mosques in Stockholm that you may visit, and probably some in Västerås too.

I live in southern Sweden.

Rabi'ya
10-16-2005, 09:31 AM
MashAllah

JazakAllah Kheir for your reply....

Genius
10-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Asgatan 2,

+46 21 13 21 45

+ 46 21 13 21 45

v_islamiska_centar@hotmail.com
Name of area is oxbacken, near the pharmacy

Goo-gul......goo-gul.....goo gul....

Rabi'ya
10-16-2005, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Asgatan 2,

+46 21 13 21 45

+ 46 21 13 21 45

v_islamiska_centar@hotmail.com
Name of area is oxbacken, near the pharmacy

Goo-gul......goo-gul.....goo gul....
i already googled it....but unfortunately the email address provided did not work...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.