/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Falastiin, Jihad, Suicide?

Umm Safiya
09-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Assalâmu 'alaykum :brother: and :sister:..

Can someone please give a link to somewhere, or a quote from a book, khutba or whatever, where the shaykh says that suicide and killing innocent people is not halal because the israelians is against the falastiins.. It is still harâm to commit suicide..
Anyway, can someone plz give me something and on english plz.. I need it kinda fast, cuz I have a discussion with some really stubborn people.. :confused:

Oh and by the way, is the situation between israel and falastiin jihad? cause i've heard that there can only be claimed jihad when there is a khilafah-state..

Barak Allâhu fikum..

Ma'salâma..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
libyanhero
09-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Here you go sister

Hadith - Bukhari 2:445, Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak

The Prophet said, "Whoever intentionally swears falsely by a religion other than Islam, then he is what he has said, (e.g. if he says, 'If such thing is not true then I am a Jew,' he is really a Jew). And whoever commits suicide with piece of iron will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell Fire." Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:576, Narrated Qais bin Abi Hazim, see also Bukhari 8:361, 438

We went to pay a visit to Khabbab (who was sick) and he had been branded (cauterized) at seven places in his body. He said, "Our companions who died (during the lifetime of the Prophet ) left (this world) without having their rewards reduced through enjoying the pleasures of this life, but we have got (so much) wealth that we find no way to spend it except on the construction of buildings. Had the Prophet not forbidden us to wish for death, I would have wished for it." We visited him for the second time while he was building a wall. He said, -A Muslim is rewarded (in the Hereafter) for whatever he spends except for something that he spends on building."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:670, Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."

Hadith - Muslim #6485

Hammam b. Munabbih said: Abu Huraira narrated to us ahadith from Allah's Messenger and out of these one is that Allah's Messenger said: none amongst you should make a request for death, and do not call for it before it comes, for when any of you dies, he ceases (to do good) deeds and the life of a believer is not pronlonged but for goodness.

Hadith - Muslim #6480

Anas (b. Malik) reported Allah's Messenger as saying: None of you should make a request for death because of the trouble in which he is involved, but if there is no other help to it, then say: O Allah, keep me alive as long as there is goodness in life for me and bring death to me when there is goodness in death for me.

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #1613, Narrated Jabin ibn Abdullah [Ahmad transmitted it.]

Allah's Messenger said, "Do not wish for death, for the terror of the place whence one looks down is severe. It is part of a man's happiness that his life should be long and Allah Who is Great and Glorious, should supply him with repentance."

Hadith - Qudsi 28

There was amongst those before you a man who had a wound. He was in [such] anguish that he took a knife and made with it a cut in his hand, and the blood did not cease to flow till he died. Allah the Almighty said: My servant has himself forestalled Me; I have forbidden him Paradise.

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nisa 4:29

...And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you.

libyanhero
09-27-2005, 04:31 PM
here is a link http://islam.about.com/cs/currenteve...icide_bomb.htm

Umm Safiya
09-27-2005, 04:39 PM
:sl:

Barak Allâhu fiik ya akhee.. May Allâh ta'âla reward you with Jannah, amiin..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
all these so-called sucide bombers are they commiting a sin then? :zip:

Umm Safiya
09-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Yes they are sister.. wa Allâhu 'alam..

:w:

Protected_Diamond
09-27-2005, 05:04 PM
yikes!!! jazahka Allah 4 answering ma question :) may Allah s.w.a be pleased wid u ameen!

- Qatada -
09-27-2005, 05:17 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sis theres quite a few links on this site regarding suicide bombing and falastin etc.

Palestine

(this ones regarding the war in palestine and the injustice the israelis are doing to the palestinians (a sister was doing a project on this so this will be really useful insha Allah.)

Suicide Bombing (this is quite a long thread but insha Allah you'll get some useful info. about suicide bombing etc.)

insha Allah that will help. barak Allah u feeki.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sunnah2936
09-27-2005, 06:31 PM
check the website below for more information regarding this toppic

http://www.fatwa-online.com/

Umm Safiya
09-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Barak Allâhu fiikum err'body.. :) It helped alot.. May Allâh subhânah wa ta'âla reward you all with Jannah, ya Rabb amiin..

sonofadam
09-27-2005, 07:21 PM
LINK REMOVED

Reason: Shaykh Yoosuf bin Saalih al-'Uyayri (May Allaah have mercy on him) is a student of knowledge and not a scholar, furthermore, the argument that suicide-bombing is allowed has been refuted by the 'ulema.

sonofadam
09-27-2005, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonofadam
LINK REMOVED

Reason: Shaykh Yoosuf bin Saalih al-'Uyayri (May Allaah have mercy on him) is a student of knowledge and not a scholar, furthermore, the argument that suicide-bombing is allowed has been refuted by the 'ulema.

The argument that suicide-bombing is allowed has not been refuted by the 'ulema. Furthermore I can upload an audio of Shaikh al-Albaanee saying that it is allowed in certain circumstances. Either way it is a matter of ikhtilaaf, and therefore whoever removed my link acted injustly in not letting the people decide based upon the evidences. Its amazing how some people can get away with 'murder' in comment terms - but in the name of 'Dawah' they are leaned on softly, but when a Brother puts a download link for an article based upon evidences his link is removed. It sometimes makes you wonder about the affairs of Walaa and Baraa for some Muslims.

kadafi
09-28-2005, 08:23 AM
The argument that suicide-bombing is allowed has not been refuted by the 'ulema. Furthermore I can upload an audio of Shaikh al-Albaanee saying that it is allowed in certain circumstances. Either way it is a matter of ikhtilaaf, and therefore whoever removed my link acted injustly in not letting the people decide based upon the evidences. Its amazing how some people can get away with 'murder' in comment terms - but in the name of 'Dawah' they are leaned on softly, but when a Brother puts a download link for an article based upon evidences his link is removed. It sometimes makes you wonder about the affairs of Walaa and Baraa for some Muslims.
:sl: akhee,

Please refer to:

http://www.fatwa-online.com/worship/...h004/index.htm

Where it also has the audio recordings of Shaykh bin Baaz, Uthaymeen and Albaani (May Allaah have mercy on them) and the other major scholars that speak against the suicide-operations.

Here you will find the fatwas declarin' that suicide-bombin' is not allowed in Islaam.

Shaykh Uthaymeen and Albaani (May Allaah have mercy on him) concluded that it's only permissible if it brings great benefit to the Muslims.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (May Allaah have mercy on him) said:
But as for what some people do regarding activities of suicide, tying explosives to themselves and then approaching disbelievers and detonating them amongst them, then this is a case of suicide * and Allaah¹s refuge is sought. So whoever commits suicide then he will be considered eternally to Hell-Fire, remaining there forever, as occurs in the hadeeth of the Prophet, (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam). (i.e., his, (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam), saying:
((and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, then the iron weapon will remain in his hand, and he will continuously stab himself in his belly with it in the Fire of Hell eternally, forever and ever)). Reported by al-Bukhaaree, no. 5778 and Muslim, no. 109, in the Book of Eemaan.)
Because this person has killed himself and has not benefited Islaam. So if he kills himself along with ten, or a hundred, or two hundred other people, then Islaam will not benefit by that, since the people will not accept Islaam, contrary to the story of the boy. Rather it will probably just make the enemy more determined, and this action will provoke malice and bitterness in his heart to such an extent that he may seek to wreak havoc upon the Muslims.

This is what is found from the practice of the Jews with the people of Palestine * so when one of the Palestinian blows himself up and kills six or seven people, then in retaliation they take sixty or more. So this does not produce any benefit for the Muslims, and does not benefit those amongst whose ranks explosives are detonated.

So what we hold is that those people who perform these suicide (bombings) have wrongfully committed suicide, and that this necessitates entry into Hell-Fire, and Allaah¹s refuge is sought and that this person is not a martyr (shaheed). However if a person has done this based upon misinterpretation, thinking that it is permissible, then we hope that he will be saved from sin, but as for martyrdom being written for him, then no, since he has not taken the path of martyrdom. But whoever performs ijtihaad and errs will receive a single reward (if he is a person qualified to make ijtihaad)."
Similiary, attacking the enemy by blowing oneself up in a car is also considerd suicide.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen said:
Indeed, my opinion is that he is regarded as one who has killed himself (committed suicide), and as a result he shall be punished in Hell, for that which is authenticated on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam).

[((Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever)), [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)]].

However, one who is ignorant and does not know, and assumes his action was good and pleasing to Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala), then we hope Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) forgives him for that which he did out of (ignorant) ijtihaad, even though I do not find any excuse for him in the present day. This is because this type of suicide is well known and widespread amongst the people, so it is upon the person to ask the people of knowledge (scholars) regarding it, until the right guidance for him is differentiated from the error.
Shaykh Albaani (May Allaah have mercy on him) said regardin' suicide-missions (exerpt) :
We now turn our attention to suicide missions. These suicide missions became infamously known (around the world) because of the Japanese practice of Kamikaze. A man would hurl his warplane towards an American naval vessel, effectively destroying himself along with the plane and as many enemy soldiers as he could muster. All suicide missions in our current time are unsanctioned deeds that are all to be considered Haraam (prohibited). The suicide missions may be of the type that renders its practitioner eternally in the Fire or it could be the type that renders its practitioner to be from those who shall not reside eternally in the Fire as I have just explained. But to view these suicide missions as a being a means to draw near to Allaah (praiseworthy act of worship) by killing oneself today for his land or his country then we say No (it is not an act that is praiseworthy).

These suicide missions are not Islamic period! In fact I say today that which represents the Islamic reality not the reality that is sought by a few of the (improperly) overly active Muslims that there is no Jihaad in the Islamic lands at all. Surely there is combat in numerous Muslim countries, but there is no Jihaad that is established under a (solely) Islamic banner, and that is established upon Islamic regulations. From these (missing) regulations are that a soldier is not permitted to act as he (individually and singularly) wishes. He is not permitted to decide for himself what it is that he is to do. Rather he is to be bound to an order from a commander. In turn this commander is not an individual who claims the position (of leadership) for himself and makes himself commander. Rather the commander is delegated the authority from the Khaleefah of the Muslims.
Consider that a Muslim blows himself amidst 40 people, in retaliation, the Zionist terrorists kill 500 Muslims. How does this bring benefit to the Muslims? How does it fulfill the permissible condition? What happens to our Muslim brethren is indeed great injustice, may Allaah destroy the Zionist terrorists. However, to use haram means to revenge (which is haram) our murdered brothers and sisters is prohibited.

So the treatise you posted, contains one-sided fatwas without taking in account the other fatwas that explain the first fatwas.

sonofadam
09-28-2005, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim

Finally my fellow brethen in faith, remember this, you will find the scholars who are paid by the Government (puppet goverenments in the pockets of America and the west) are mainly the scholars who are against these martydom operations for obvous reasons, and you will the vast majority of the ulemaah who are free and fear Allaah azzawajjal alone and not paid or work for the government deem this halaal because of the teachings from the kitaab-ul-Allaah (Qur'aan) and wa'sunnah (sunnah of Muhammad sallallhulayi'wa'salaam).

May Allah reward you for highlighting this important point.

sonofadam
09-28-2005, 05:59 PM
My advice to anybody who wants to learn and research about the topic of Jihad is to refer to a classical book. One such book is Mashari al-Ashwaq ila Masari al-Ushaaq by the martyred scholar Ibn an-Nuhaas who died in the year 814 Hijri/1411 CE. What makes this work more valuable to us is that a Brother I'm sure who is known to all of us, Imam Anwar al-Awlaki has done an audio series based on this book. Through the 11 part series he also discusses the concept and topic of 'Martyrdom operations' more commonly and wrongly called 'suicide bombings', and presents the evidences in favour of them. It is a real eye opener, and truely explains the concept of Jihad, not a watered down version propagated by the enemies of Islam.

Mashari al-Ashwaq ila Masari al-Ushaaq (11 part audio series in english by Imam Anwar al-Awlaki)

aamirsaab
09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
You know, all these suicide "debates" always end up in a fight.

aamirsaab
09-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah that may be true. But don't forget, we are the future. One day, our generation will have to look after the new, younger generation. I just don't want it to be a repeat, know what I mean?

sherbie cola
09-29-2005, 01:26 PM
These suicide bombers think they will get jannat for what they r doing so what would happen to these people?????????

Brother_Mujahid
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherbie cola
These suicide bombers think they will get jannat for what they r doing so what would happen to these people?????????
Allah knows best, it is not us who decides who is given a place in paradise or hell. it is ony Allah who decides.

wasalam

kadafi
09-29-2005, 01:55 PM

Maash'Allaah ya ikhwaani what a beautiful post,very good balid points raised. But i must disagree still, as does 'son of adam' brother will disagree aswell inshaa'Allaah, that yes you have quoted some big imaams and knowledgeable shoyookh (may Allaah be pleased with them), but even you stated sheikh Albaani but you are forgetting that he also deemed martdyom operations halaal in some cases!
:w: akhee,

Firstly, if any differences arise, we always have to refer to Allaah (The Qur'aan) and His messenger (the Sunnah). The evidence that such act is impermissible is found in the Glorious Qur'aan and in the sayings of our Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The 'ulema have highlighted this and yet is ignored.

Shaykh Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) did say that it is allowed under certain circumstances, however, these circumstances are rare and in fact, he stated that these circumstances cannot be found in our current time. He says and I quote:

All suicide missions in our current time are unsanctioned deeds that are all to be considered Haraam (prohibited). The suicide missions may be of the type that renders its practitioner eternally in the Fire or it could be the type that renders its practitioner to be from those who shall not reside eternally in the Fire as I have just explained. But to view these suicide missions as a being a means to draw near to Allaah (praiseworthy act of worship) by killing oneself today for his land or his country then we say No (it is not an act that is praiseworthy).
These suicide missions are not Islamic period! In fact I say today that which represents the Islamic reality not the reality that is sought by a few of the (improperly) overly active Muslims that there is no Jihaad in the Islamic lands at all. Surely there is combat in numerous Muslim countries, but there is no Jihaad that is established under a (solely) Islamic banner, and that is established upon Islamic regulations. From these (missing) regulations are that a soldier is not permitted to act as he (individually and singularly) wishes. He is not permitted to decide for himself what it is that he is to do. Rather he is to be bound to an order from a commander. In turn this commander is not an individual who claims the position (of leadership) for himself and makes himself commander. Rather the commander is delegated the authority from the Khaleefah of the Muslims.
Similiar case to the fatwa of Shaykh Uthaymeen (May Allaah have mercy on him). One cannot twist the statement where he stated it is allowed and use it as evidence to support 'suicide-bombings' without analyizing what he really meant and if he really supported. Those are the actions of Ghuloo.

Also you are forgetting the majoirty of the schoolars who deem this halaal, the majority of the scholars who state the explicit verses of the Qur'aan which clarify the permissability of this! Also ya akhee did you read the Qur'aan verse i quoted, please check up that refernce in the Qur'aan and read for yourelf noble brother, verse 111 suraah 9. This is just one of the da'leel you can read on the permissability.
Akhee, you keep statin' that the majority deem it as halaal whilst offering no evidence. The major scholars of this century unanimously agree that these suicide-missions are not permissible.

Akhee, how did you derive that the ayaah:
(111. Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties for (the price) that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's cause, so they kill and are killed. It is a promise in truth which is binding on Him in the Tawrah and the Injil and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success.)
is daleel that it is allowed? Akhee, this is misinterpretetion and it's a grave sin in Islaam interprete an ayaah without understandin' as Abu-Bakr As-Sideeq warned us.

"They kill and are killed" is not evidence to justify the suicide-missions, rather this ayaah is explained in two saheeh volumes, Bukharee and Muslim. Ibn Katheer (MAy Allaah have mercy on him) mentions in his tafseer:
The Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Allaah has made a promise to the person who goes out (to fight) in His cause; `And nothing compels him to do so except Jihad = in My Cause and belief in My Messengers. ' He will either be admitted to Paradise if he dies, or compensated by Allaah, either with a reward or booty if He returns him to the home which he departed from. [Bukharee, Muslim]
Compare that to the one who goes with the intention to die. Furthermore, it's an unfortunate fact that most suicide-bombings carried out are in the name of revenge or despair which is contrary to fighting in Allaah's Cause.

Also my respected brethen, the Ahle Hadeeth ulemaah in Palestine and the grand mufti of Palestine who are firmly rooted in salafiyaah the path of As Salaf As Saleeh, they have deemed this halaal, and they are actually there they understand all the circumstances and the precise context they are there, subhaan'Allaah Hee Azeem!
The ones who deemed it permissible are the Mufti of Palestine, Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi and a few others whilst the majority includin' the major scholars deem it as prohibited.

Finally my fellow brethen in faith, remember this, you will find the scholars who are paid by the Government (puppet goverenments in the pockets of America and the west) are mainly the scholars who are against these martydom operations for obvous reasons, and you will the vast majority of the ulemaah who are free and fear Allaah azzawajjal alone and not paid or work for the government deem this halaal because of the teachings from the kitaab-ul-Allaah (Qur'aan) and wa'sunnah (sunnah of Muhammad sallallhulayi'wa'salaam). This last comment i do not wish to insult or backbite or slander against any scholar or person of knowledge may Allaah most high save me from this, i am merely stating a fact.
Akhee, while they exist, it's not wise to state that those who condemn it are "scholars for dollars" and this is slander even though it was not your intention to slander the scholars. Like I stated, most deem it as prohibited includin' the major scholars. Are they on the payrol? ofcourse not akhee, because that would be absurd. We have the Qur'aan and the Sunnah and we judge accordin' to them. And the evidence states that it's prohibited.

if the brothers link was removed becuase it was only a one sided fatwaah or article than i ask wasnt the fatwaah posted by kadafi too one sided against these martydom operations? At the same time we shoud not cause disrest or trouble here the admin team here are maash'Allaah top class, may Allaah (most mighty) reward them.

Allaah azzawajjal knows best.

Akhee, how can it be "one-sided" fatwaa if the ones I posted explain the ones that are in the treatise. In fact, one can easily reconile both statements and derive the actual point. It is wrong to only use an ambigious statement where the Shaykh stated that it is permissible under certain circumstances and in the other statement, he deemed the suicide-missions as haraam accordin' to evidence and can only be permissible if it brings great benefit to the Ummah which it doesn't.

:w: akhee

aamirsaab
09-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Aamirsaab, how dop you propose we can avoid being a 'repeat'?
By listening to what the ummah is saying. And acting upon it. But it's all very well and good saying this. we have to do it as soon as possible. Admittedly, it won't solve every problem right away but at least we will have a working system unlike the one we have presently. If you do not hear the cry, how can you help? Personally, I am tired of fighting - muslim or non. So how bout we stop arguing (not saying we are at this particular moment) and start helping each other out more. We are supposed to be muslim brothers and sisters. Let's start acting like them.

Mu'maneen
09-29-2005, 05:21 PM

Dear Kadafi and those against Suicide Missions.

Please do not speak for the Palestinians and say what they should do or what they should not do.

Also you claim that the Sheiks who support it are from Palestine only?
I know of excellent Sheiks who are from other countries who support these Mujahadeen.

Are you claiming that all these Mujahadeen are going to Hell?
AstaghferAllah.

It is Fard to fight Jihad against the occupiers, in any way possible.
They find the Bombing the best.
Israeli Forces are equipped so strongly that the Palestinians find such bombing the best alternative.

Who are we to start telling the Palestinians what to do and what not to do while we are sitting in the comfort of our homes?

Suicide Bombing is different to Suicide.

Allah bless the Mujahadeen with Al-Firdaus and the greatest of honours on The Day of Judgment!

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Vedad
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
wa aleykuma assalam

Jazakallah kheir akhi.. ameen to ure dua...
just want to say that this bombthing is something we cant be sure off but just make dua that they become shaheeds!
May Allah(swt) reward every1 of them with shahadah!! AMeen!

kadafi
09-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Dear Kadafi and those against Suicide Missions.

Please do not speak for the Palestinians and say what they should do or what they should not do.

Also you claim that the Sheiks who support it are from Palestine only?
I know of excellent Sheiks who are from other countries who support these Mujahadeen.

Are you claiming that all these Mujahadeen are going to Hell?
AstaghferAllah.

It is Fard to fight Jihad against the occupiers, in any way possible.
They find the Bombing the best.
Israeli Forces are equipped so strongly that the Palestinians find such bombing the best alternative.

Who are we to start telling the Palestinians what to do and what not to do while we are sitting in the comfort of our homes?

Suicide Bombing is different to Suicide.
Wa'alaikuum as-salaam akhee

I did not [claim] that those who deem it as permissible are from Palestine only, rather I said that those who hold the opinion that it is permissible are the Mufti of Palestine, Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi and a few others. Yusuf Qaradawi is not from Palestine.

I am not speaking for anyone, rather, I am only presenting the ruling regarding suicide-bombing. I love my Muslim brethren in Palestine for the sake of Allaah, and there are many Muslims who continue to support and provide means to regenerate their power, however, I will not blindly support the haram means used to exterminate the enemy. The truth is more beloved to me than anything else.

Allaah (Exalted is He) will always provide victory for his servants as long as they are steadfast in the Deen. This has nothing to do with lack of resources (weapons), because the people of Badr were overpowered and were poorly equiped. Similiary regardin' the Muslim forces in the battle between Jalut (Gloiath) and Dawud (David). He (Exalted is He) says:
But those who knew with certainty that they were to meet their Lord, said: "How often a small group overcame a mighty host by Allah's Leave?" And Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient ones).
And Allah has already made you victorious at Badr, when you were a weak little force. So fear Allah much [abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden and love Allah much, perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained] that you may be grateful.
Like I stated in my previous post, the main reason is retaliation and strong hatred. You see the Zionist Jews kill 100 Muslims, in retalition, Hamas murders 80 Jews and the cycle continues. You see the Muslims in Palestine wavinh the flag of Palestine after they retaliate, making it the cause of Nationalism and honour for the Palestines instead of the cause of Allaah. When the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions faced persecution from the Mushrikeen in Makkah, they did not protest, complain or engage in wild and deperate attacks against the Mushrikeen, nay, they waited patiently and engaged in ibadaah. Can anyone ever claim that the sufferings of the Muslim today is far worse than the oppression that the Prophet and the Sahabas faced? Ofcourse not. See how Allaah (Exalted is He) rewards the patient ones.

No one has answered my question which I outlined in my previous post. The majority of the scholars say that it's only permissible if it brings benefit to the Muslims who are engagin' in Jihaad. For instance, a Mujahideen is commanded by the Khaleefah to go on a suicide-mission; to target 1000 enemy soldiers in order to weaken their army. Now this is strategical advantage and the Khaleefah has assessed the situation well. However, compare that to the current suicide-missions where an individual (who lost his brother/mother or any other kin or friend), acts and decides for himself what to do, is strapped with bombs to revenge his kin or friend and just targets the unbelievers. The terrorists in return target back and kill more Muslims. This brings no benefit but rather weakens the Muslims. The Muslims in Palestine have been fightin' over of a half-century. The first case of suicide-mission was reported in '93, that's 12 years ago and yet their situation is far worse now than it was 12 years ago. This is because the Muslims resorted desperately to extreme haram means in order to defeat the enemy, it doesn't work like that, as explained early.

Also, I do not claim that the Mujahideen are going to Hell, and I never stated that, Allaah knows best. Rather, what I stated is the ruling regardin' these suicide-missions. Condemning to hell is a different issue which is the right of Allaah since we do not know whether they have done it in ignorance or with full knowledge.

:w: akhee

sonofadam
09-29-2005, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
When the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions faced persecution from the Mushrikeen in Makkah, they did not protest, complain or engage in wild and deperate attacks against the Mushrikeen, nay, they waited patiently and had engaged in worship.
REMOVED

sonofadam
09-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Listen to Imam Anwar al-Awlaki explain the concept of 'Martyrdom operations' in a comparative/historical perspective and its link to a persons Aqeedah (creed) and Wala (allegiance/love) and Bara (disassociation/hate).

Mashari al-Ashwaq ila Masari al-Ushaaq (Lecture 6) - start listening from 14 mins and 44 secs approx. till the end of the lecture (which isn't too long)

For the urdu speakers you can go [link removed] and download Maulana Masood Azhar's Tafseer-ul-Ayat-ul-Jihad.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: YOU'RE POSTING A LINK TO A WEBSITE THAT IS DECORATED WITH PICTURES OF GRENADES AND SWORDS. THIS KIND OF NONSENSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. FORUM RULES STATE:
20. Posting links that degrade Islam and paint a false picture is prohibited.
Swords were used by the Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) and grenades are a modern day weapon used by all armies/fighting forces. The only nonsense which occured was the link being removed.

aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 12:33 PM
What are you trying to achieve here brother? every post of yours on this thread has been an argument (or counter-post to brother kadafi's). Please stop being unrealistic and learn to listen.

As a general point, at this time I would strongly advise those who do support these suicide bomb attacks (and related material) that they do not advertise them in public - especially on an islamic forum that is open to ALL EARS.

I am not saying that you are wrong in your opinin or belief, however, for the safety of others, keep these to yourself - advertising this kind of stuff doesn't help the current situation of the ummah.

I have said this before (in a different thread): I am only trying to help get the ummah back on its feet. To do this, I need your cooperation. Jazakallah kheir.

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 12:34 PM
salam
very well said bro, i noticed that too about the argument, for us to sort out these issues we have to unite first as brothers in islam inshallah
wasalam

aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 12:45 PM
It pleases me to see that we both agree on this. Inshallah, this will continue with other members on the forum.

sonofadam
09-30-2005, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
What are you trying to achieve here brother? every post of yours on this thread has been an argument (or counter-post to brother kadafi's). Please stop being unrealistic and learn to listen.
Trying to achieve the truth insha'Allah. The only people who are being unrealistic are those who try and silence a possible alternative/viewpoint/difference of opinion. So it others who should try and be realistic and learn how to listen.

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 03:05 PM
salam
we hope we can all unite as brothers for ramadhan and for the future
wasalam

sonofadam
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
we hope we can all unite as brothers for ramadhan and for the future
wasalam

Insha'Allah.

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 03:20 PM
salam
ameen
wasalam

Mu'maneen
09-30-2005, 03:44 PM

As a general point, at this time I would strongly advise those who do support these suicide bomb attacks (and related material) that they do not advertise them in public - especially on an islamic forum that is open to ALL EARS
Dear Brother of Islam. I understand your point and you are correct what you say, but one thing we have to realise is not feel ashamed to speak Al-Haqq, the truth. We are only speaking against those who fight us.

Does Mankind expect us to sit down and expect us to be killed in the hundreds or thousands and then not retaliate against those who are trying to kill us? AstaghferAllah.

Here are some words of wisdom:

Whosoever conceals the truth, Allah will conceal their victory.

---------------------

aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 04:00 PM
I understand what your point is. However, the time that we live in is now - our actions now will have consequences for the future. Of course the world isnt perfect - I am fully aware of it. I agree that we should speak out however, at times like this, when islam is pretty much the centre of attention, we shouldn't be giving the wrong impression - especially to those that we live amongst. We have to be very careful what we say - it is so easy to misinterpret a conversation and for that person (who started the convo) to be arrested the next morning on suspicion of what-not. We all know it, so don't put yourself in that position.

It is fine to speak the truth - but there is an audience that doesn't wish to hear it for the same reasons we wish to speak it. Know what I mean bro?

Look, I don't want to get into a fight over this, I'm just saying it for your benefit and others around you - please do not advertise that you support suicide bombings and similar stuff in public - the people that hear it can misinterpret it and suddenly another muslim gets killed for being a 'terrorist'.

czgibson
09-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Greetings,

This came as a shock:

Please refrain from using this degrading term coined by the jews to insult the mujahideen, 'suicide bombing' is a flawed statement as the mujaahid is commiting sacrifice for the cause of Allaah all exalted not suicide.
If you deny that they are committing suicide, you are surely deluding yourself. If a suicide bomber does not kill himself, then who does?

Peace

Mu'maneen
09-30-2005, 05:21 PM

Jazak Allah Kher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira.

If you deny that they are committing suicide, you are surely deluding yourself. If a suicide bomber does not kill himself, then who does?
If one is fed up with life and does not want to live any more, hence takes a form of action to kill him/herself, then this is suicide and the person will be in Hell forever.

If someone is fighting the enemy, and therefore finds the best alternative to carry out such action, then this is not suicide, rather it is a strategy of attack.

---------------------

sonofadam
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM

Excellent points by brother sonofadam, beautiful post by Mu'maneen and may Allaah azzawajjal reward these two, and shower his blessings upon our kind-hearted brother aamirsaab for his concrn for his fellow brethen. Aamirsaab, i am well impressed with your concern and love (for the sake of Allaah) for your fellow brothers, and you make a valid point, however remember 3 things:

1) Fear Allaah subhaanahu'wa'ta'Allaah, alone.

2) The enemies of islaam cannat harm you, what can they do? They will arrest you if they want to under some bogus law wether you are talking about martydom operations and jihaad or picking flowers in the park, if you are a muslim you are a target.

3) Please refrain from using this degrading term coined by the jews to insult the mujahideen, 'suicide bombing' is a flawed statement as the mujaahid is commiting sacrifice for the cause of Allaah all exalted not suicide.

Dont get me wrong ya akhee, i am agreeing with you 100%, and i too join in your call for unity.

Jazak'Allah Khairan akhi and Brother Mu'maneen.

czgibson
09-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'maneen
If someone is fighting the enemy, and therefore finds the best alternative to carry out such action, then this is not suicide, rather it is a strategy of attack.
A strategy which involves the mujahid killing himself, which is suicide by definition, no?

Peace

Muezzin
09-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Not another bloody suicide bombing thread...

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
The fairies :p

Mu'maneen
09-30-2005, 06:34 PM

Barak Allah Fekum.

A strategy which involves the mujahid killing himself, which is suicide by definition, no?
The Oxford Dictionary even explains the true meaning of suicide, which is far from the description it gives towards the "Suicide" Bombing. :)

---------------------

Muezzin
09-30-2005, 06:39 PM

Barak Allah Fekum.

The Oxford Dictionary even explains the true meaning of suicide, which is far from the description it gives towards the "Suicide" Bombing. :)
Is it?

su·i·cide (s-sd)
n.

1. The act or an instance of intentionally killing oneself.
2. One who commits suicide.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=suicide

suicide

• noun 1 the action of killing oneself intentionally. 2 a person who does this. 3 before another noun referring to a military operation carried out by people who do not expect to survive it: a suicide bomber. 4 a course of action which is disastrously damaging to one’s own interests.

• verb intentionally kill oneself.

— DERIVATIVES suicidal adjective suicidally adverb.

— ORIGIN from Latin sui ‘of oneself’ + caedere ‘kill’.

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/suicide?view=uk

czgibson
09-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Did you even open the Oxford English Dictionary before posting this?

Peace

Mu'maneen
09-30-2005, 07:11 PM

Taking your life to fight the enemy is not suicide, it is a strategic attack.

What do you think they should do?

They pull out a gun against fully armed soldiers, the damage they can inflict is almost nothing as the weapons and armour the Israeli Soldiers have are too sophisticated. The only way to penetrate such heavy armour and to cause as much damage as possible is through "suicide" bombing.

It is so sad to see Muslims speak out against them acting as if they know exactly the situation they are in.

I am so grateful that Allah does not think like us, rather Allah is Rahman, Rahim, Al-'alim (the knower of all), As-Sami (the hearer of all) and Al-Khaber (the All-Aware).

---------------------

aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh so you wanna talk strategically eh? Well, put it this way: a soldier is no good if he/she is dead. By bombing him/herself he can take down what 10 or so ''targets'' and then he/she is gone. However, if that person was to use a sniper rifle (or other projectile equivalent) they could take 2-3 people in one day. In a week, that projectile soldier has done more damage to the opponent's army than the bomber has in one day. Additionally, their are far less non-military casualities. In simpler terms: bombing yourself provides your side with no advantages.

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Swords were used by the Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) and grenades are a modern day weapon used by all armies/fighting forces. The only nonsense which occured was the link being removed.
Camels were used by the Sahaba (rda), so are camels the symbols of Islam?! I am shocked by the extent some people will go in their haste to depict Islam as a bloodthirsty religion of killing. Of course, that is pleasing to those Westerners who share the same goal! Nevertheless, Islam remains a religion of mercy, not blood-shed.

Suicide Bombing has already been discussed in the following thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?p=47984

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.