/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jobs!!!!

baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 06:34 PM
~~~As-salaamu Alaikum, Me and my friends been tryin to get a job for the longest but the ppl say u cant wear what u have on...Have any of you sis ever had this problem...If soo do u go somewhere else or just throw your stuff off?????Cause I know some people who well do this!!! this is just(Out of curiousity)~~~~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
09-28-2005, 06:35 PM
do u go somewhere else or just throw your stuff off?????Cause I know some people who does this!!!
I BEG YOUR PARDON? :p

libyanhero
09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
do u go somewhere else or just throw your stuff off?????Cause I know some people who does this!!!
What, throw your stuff off. those muslims who do that had no care in the first place whether they wore a hijab or jilbab or not

I wouldn't work at all, you have family who support you, dont ya?

baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't do that

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
And I said 4 sis ;D ;D but your comments are appricated

TEH
09-28-2005, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
I BEG YOUR PARDON? :p
You can almost imagine where Minaz's work's policy, its like, on the Advertisement...

ONLY HIJAABIS MAY APPLY FOR THIS JOB, we should also like to say, hijaabis maybe asked to strip in the interview. Thank you and good luck...

:p

No job is worth compromising your deen for...

:)

Z
09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Umm Teh, do you have any idea what you just posted?

TEH
09-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Oui monsieur...

Z
09-28-2005, 07:13 PM
I find you very immature. No idea of what to say when sisters are around and what's more, a very sad fill of humor.

"hijaabis maybe asked to strip"

Just a question, would your mother slap your face in once or twice if she found out you said this to respectable sisters? Don't tell me it runs in the family.

baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
I find you very immature. No idea of what to say when sisters are around and what's more, a very sad fill of humor.

Just a question, would your mother slap your face in once or twice if she found out you said this to respectable sisters? Don't tell me it runs in the family.
Thank you 350z!!!

TEH
09-28-2005, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z

Sigh..

Except I didnt say it to a respectable sister did I, I said it to Minaz, and if you havent clicked already, me and him go to the same sarcasm school...

And hey, Im sorry you feel that way, and hey, Im sure we can leave insulting families out of this...

Z
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Gosh, you still don't get it do you.

There are sisters who will read that. What will they think, what a dirty minded little immature boy you are?. Seriously, don't you care?

Delete it. It's not cool. It's not funny. It's not sarcasm. Remember, jokes and pranks are ok in Islam, so long they don't go over the "hayah" limit.

Far7an
09-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Assalamu alaikum

All off topic posts have been deleted.

Safa
09-28-2005, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
~~~As-salaamu Alaikum, Me and my friends been tryin to get a job for the longest but the ppl say u cant wear what u have on...Have any of you sis ever had this problem...If soo do u go somewhere else or just throw your stuff off?????Cause I know some people who well do this!!! this is just(Out of curiousity)~~~~
:sl:

That is just sad. Its not worth giving up your deen for some job. If I had this problem, I'd look somewhere else. And you should keep looking elsewhere cause you might find a suitable working environment that's halal for you. I know sisters who work in such conditions so I'd suggest that you keep looking.

:w:

Pinkrose
09-28-2005, 08:55 PM

Subhanallah!! :omg: Throw your stuff off for a job!!? :omg:
Thats just sick!! :mad:

Subhanallah!! Ukhti its better if ya don't work!! I would never throw my stuff off even if my life was on the line!! For throwing their stuff off they are earning haraam money!! Ok sis you should look for another job if ya really wanna work!! :)

:w: :wilted_ro

baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Ok thanks pinkrose...I'm just letting every1 know that when I say throw your stuff off i'm not sayin thats what i'm goin to do...just sayin I know people who told me they do...Ok...Not getting mad

Pinkrose
09-28-2005, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Ok thanks pinkrose...I'm just letting every1 know that when I say throw your stuff off i'm not sayin thats what i'm goin to do...just sayin I know people who told me they do...Ok...Not getting mad

~lol~ i know ukhti!! I wasn't pointing to you!! ;)
But those who do it need help!! :zip:

No hard feelings!! :)

baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

~lol~ i know ukhti!! I wasn't pointing to you!! ;)
But those who do it need help!! :zip:

No hard feelings!! :)

Kool ;) And i'll remember to tell them Pinkrose said you need help looool ;D ;D just kidding....lol

09-28-2005, 09:08 PM
salaam ...yea i know many sis who do that...its sad fact...they really need help..but im curious to know when u said that they put their stuff off u meant hijaab or niqaab?
bcoz mz i meaning hijaab...jazakomu allahu khair:)

Pinkrose
09-28-2005, 09:08 PM

~looool~ ;D good one!! You had me there for a sec!! Hehe!!

But honestly they need sumone to tell them!!

baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imane
salaam ...yea i know many sis who do that...its sad fact...they really need help..but im curious to know when u said that they put their stuff off u meant hijaab or niqaab?
bcoz mz i meaning hijaab...jazakomu allahu khair:)
Hijab..Not many of my friends wear niqaab...Actually none of them

Umm Yoosuf
09-28-2005, 10:57 PM

Subhanallah

Once while i was at work this sister stopped me she wasn't wearing hijab. Just trouse and long shirt with her little kid in her push chair. She gave me salams and looked at me up and down.

She said do you work here?

I said yes

Your manager allows you to wear this?! i.e my Hijab

I said yes Alhamdulilaah.

Alhamdulilaah she too said

All of a sudden she started to cry :(

I said sister why are you crying? And by then i was getting really worried because this other manager was coming towards me :omg: and i was thinking what is he going to think?! Why is the customer crying? :omg: Subhanallah.

She said i took off my Hijab to get my job and ever since i feel really guilty. Then she went into this long story about her manager. Not that i want to bore you with it.

Taking off your hijab to get a job is not worth it walaahi. You'll forever feel this guilt that that siter felt. Allah is All-Mighty and we should put our trust in Him.

"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I was thinking of getting a job as well but then my brother pointed out that theres no point in you getting a job beacuse you wear a burka and you kind of disrespecting yo self by not wearing one at work- (coz dey dnt let u wear one) so ive decided im not guna work even though i want to coz i need the money to buy eid pressies 4 ma cusns :-[

niqaabii
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM
i woudlnt take ma scarf off jst to get a job
i once went to a interview for a retail job ..and i told the manager that if i get the job i wont take my jilbaab or my hijab or my niqaab off..and alhumdulilah he ws ok about it
and alhumdulilah i worked there wid no problem..and guess wot..i went for another job interview yesterday and i sed the same thing to the women manager and she ws ok about it ..she ws like wear woteva u want
and i ws like ..yippee :D

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah

Subhanallah

Once while i was at work this sister stopped me she wasn't wearing hijab. Just trouse and long shirt with her little kid in her push chair. She gave me salams and looked at me up and down.

She said do you work here?

I said yes

Your manager allows you to wear this?! i.e my Hijab

I said yes Alhamdulilaah.

Alhamdulilaah she too said

All of a sudden she started to cry :(

I said sister why are you crying? And by then i was getting really worried because this other manager was coming towards me :omg: and i was thinking what is he going to think?! Why is the customer crying? :omg: Subhanallah.

She said i took off my Hijab to get my job and ever since i feel really guilty. Then she went into this long story about her manager. Not that i want to bore you with it.

Taking off your hijab to get a job is not worth it walaahi. You'll forever feel this guilt that that siter felt. Allah is All-Mighty and we should put our trust in Him.

"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)
awwwh!! i can understand what shes saying....u feel naked without yo scarf once u get addicted 2 it Alhamdulillah Allah s.w.a knows best! ;)

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by niqaabii
i woudlnt take ma scarf off jst to get a job
i once went to a interview for a retail job ..and i told the manager that if i get the job i wont take my jilbaab or my hijab or my niqaab off..and alhumdulilah he ws ok about it
and alhumdulilah i worked there wid no problem..and guess wot..i went for another job interview yesterday and i sed the same thing to the women manager and she ws ok about it ..she ws like wear woteva u want
and i ws like ..yippee :D
datz great news!!!!!! ;) :thumbs_up

wasim134
10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
good 1

Bass
10-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I think the muslima should choose her religion over her job

Indeed the Hereafter Is Better

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Yea true...But if the job does't interfear with our deen then it should be ok......(my opinion stated)

Zuko
10-03-2005, 11:05 PM

Sister, why not try working at a hospital? That's what me and my friend are doing this year... We're allowed to wear hijab and een niqab if you want to and there's loads of muslims there... Plus, all you have to do is little stuff, like put away papers in the right folders, type up stuff, make badges for the security people, etc. Plus, there's no discrimination which is why many muslim girls in new york work and do community service at hospitals... This is just a suggestion by the way.... :)

pious_hijabi
10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Asalamu aleykum,
Sister when your looking for job, you have to consider everything...You have to remember that as a pious muslimah there are certain which we can work in such as bars, night clubs and so on. So if your in need of a job, you could probably find a telemarketing job, or customer service or even work for an islamic organization. I'm from Toronto, and if you lived here I would be more than happy to find you a job but since you live in the states thats kinda of a problem. May Allah help you on finding a job and Ramadan Kareem to all.

Shana524
10-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Ramadan Mubarak.
MasaAllah, you sisters have strong Iman. May Allah keep us on the Straight Path and increase our Iman. Ameen.
A friend of mine from Masjid told us about this brother here in Atlanta. He is very strict in following the Sunna. Everything from his cloths to his attitude reflects what Muslims should be. However his boss was reluctant regarding this Islamic appearance. The boss told him to wear regular cloths to work. There were other Muslim brothers working with him in the same company. When they heard this, Alhamdulilah they also started dressing according to Sunnah to support the brother. Eventually the boss gave in.
May Allah help us to unite this way to help each other for His cause forever. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.