/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nasheeds is an Innovation!!

Pinkrose
09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
:sl:

I hope that you all are in the best state of health and iman!! :)

This is an article explaining how and why nasheeds are haraam!! I hope you all understand and stay away from it!! I also hope that no one gets offended by this cuz' it ain't my words!! Its the words of sheikh Salih al Fawzaan!! I know its very long but i believe its worth reading!! :)

Anasheed

In his Book “Al-Khutab al-Mimbariyyah”(3/184-185, 1411H Edition), Sheikh Saalih Al-Fawzaan said: “What deserves attention also is: The tapes that are being increasingly circulated amongst the practicing youth in which are recorded anasheed, done in group voices. They call them Islamic Anasheed, but they are a form of singing and sometimes they occur with provocative voices. They can even be found being sold at tape exhibitions along with tapes of the noble Quran and religious lectures.

Calling these Anasheed ‘Islamic’ is incorrect, since Islam has not legislated anasheed for us. Rather it only prescribed for us the remembrance of Allah, the recitation of the Quran, and the acquiring of knowledge. As for Anasheed, then they are from the ways of the innovating sufis, those who take their religion as play and amusement. Furthermore, taking Anasheed as part of the religion contains in it imitation of the disbelievers, those who make their religion into collective chanting and musical melodies.

It is an obligation to warn against these Anasheed and to prevent their sale and distribution. In addition to this, these Anasheed contain an incitement towards fitnah with reckless zeal they cause instigation amongst the Muslims. Those who spread the Anasheed use as proof for their claim the fact that poems would be chanted in the presence of the Prophet(Salallahu ‘alayhi wasalam) and he would listen to them and concur with that.

The response to this is that those poems that would be chanted in front of Allah’s Messenger (Salallahu ‘alayhi wasalam), they would be chanted in a group voice in the form of singing, and they would not be called ‘Islamic Anasheed.’ On the contrary, they were just Arab poems, which contained points of wisdom, parables, and descriptions of valor and nobility. The companions would recite these individually due to the meanings they contained. And Sometimes they would chant these poems at the time of doing some laborious work, such as construction, and traveling at night on a journey. So this proves that this type of chanting is permissible under these similar specific circumstances, not that they should be made into one of the subjects of education and da’wah, as is prevalent nowadays, such that students are dictated these Anasheed and they are called: ‘Islamic Hymns’ and ‘Religious Chants.’

This is innovating in the Religion and it is from the ways of the innovating Sufis, for they are the ones who are known to take these Anasheed as part of their religion. So it is obligatory to be cautious of their plots and to prevent the sale of these tapes, since evil at first begins small, and then progresses and increases if it is not terminated at it’s inception.”

The noble Sheikh, Muhammad bin Saalih al-‘Uthaimeen was asked the following question about Anasheed: “Is it permissible for me to chant Islamic Anasheed (Hymns)? And is it permissible to beat the duff along with these chants? Also, are the chanting of these hymns permissible in situations other than ‘Eid and Wedding Festivities?”

So he responded by saying: “The Islamic Anasheed (hymns) are innovated hymns. They resemble that which the Sufis have innovated. This is why we must refrain form them and instead turn towards the admonitions found in the Quran and Sunnah. This is unless, these hymns occur at times of war, so as to encourage and build up courage for Jihad in the Cause of Allah, for this is good. And if these hymns are accompanied by the duff then they stray even further from what is correct.” [Transcribed from the book “The Fataawa of Sheikh Muhammad al-‘Uthaimeen” compiled by Ashraf ‘Abdul-Maqsood(1/134-135); 1412 Edition; Dar ‘Aalam-ul-kutub]

:love: Pinkrose :rose:

:w: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TEH
09-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Very interesting, though I know scholars who will say differently. They are islamic nasheeds, because they are nasheeds about Islam, they arnt a form of worship, and they are not said to be part of Islam, so how can they be innovation?

:)

Far7an
09-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum

In reply to that, please read the following...

Question :

What is the ruling on Islamic nasheeds that are free of music?
Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.
The clear saheeh texts indicate in a number of ways that it is permissible to recite poetry and listen to it. It was narrated in saheeh reports that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his noble Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) listened to verse, recited it (as nasheed) and asked others to recite it, both when they were travelling and when they stayed at home, in their gatherings and whilst they were working, individually, as in the case of Hassaan ibn Thaabit, ‘Aamir ibn al-Akwa’ and Anjashah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and in unison, as in the hadeeth of Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) which describes the digging of the ditch (al-khandaq). Anas said:

When the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw how exhausted and hungry we were, he said (in verse):
“O Allaah, there is no life except the life of the Hereafter, so forgive the Ansaar and the Muhaajireen.”

And they said in response:

“We are the ones who have pledged allegiance to Muhammad, to make jihaad for as long as we live.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3/1043)

And in gatherings too: Ibn Abi Shaybah narrated with a hasan isnaad that Abu Salamah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan said: “The Companions of the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not speak in devious tones or in a soft manner. They used to recite verses in their gatherings, denouncing the affairs of their jaahiliyyah, but if it was the matter of their religion, they would become very serious and cautious (8/711).

This evidence indicates that nasheeds are permissible, whether recited individually or in unison. The word nasheed in Arabic means raising the voice when reciting verse and making the voice sound beautiful and gentle.

There are conditions to which attention must be paid with regard to this matter:

Not using forbidden musical instruments in nasheed.

Not doing it too much or making it the focus of the Muslim’s mind, occupying all his time, or neglecting obligatory duties because of it.

Nasheed should not be recited by women, or include haraam or obscene speech.

They should not resemble the tunes of the people of immorality and promiscuity.

They should be free of vocal effects that produce sounds like those of musical instruments.

They should not have moving tunes which make the listener feel “high” as happens to those who listen to songs. This is the case with many of the nasheeds which appear nowadays, so that the listeners no longer pay any attention to the good meaning of the words, because they are so entranced by the tunes. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

References:

Fath al-Baari, 10/553-554-562-563
Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, 8/711
Al-Qaamoos al-Muheet, 411
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

aamirsaab
09-28-2005, 08:55 PM
They should not have moving tunes which make the listener feel “high” as happens to those who listen to songs
Crack can make ya go high, too. Not that I consume it of course.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pinkrose
09-28-2005, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

In reply to that, please read the following...

Question :

What is the ruling on Islamic nasheeds that are free of music?
Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.................................

Jazaakalahu khayran for that bro!! :)

:w:

strider
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Jazakumullah Khair.

Ma'assalama

Umm Yoosuf
09-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Jazakallah

Shadow
10-02-2005, 04:32 AM
wow i didnt know all tht
so how come there is a nasheed juke box in this forum itself?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Far7an
10-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Assalamu alaikum
format_quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
wow i didnt know all tht
so how come there is a nasheed juke box in this forum itself?
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Did you even read my post? or did you just read the title of the thread? be honest! :p

Afr!can angel
10-02-2005, 09:15 AM
1 thing how come women can't sing in nasheeds cos in australia the women at eid sing the nasheeds so do the men but what if their not in the company of a male can they still sing?.........

Shadow
10-02-2005, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

Did you even read my post? or did you just read the title of the thread? be honest! :p

i have read the post u made brother:)
but i still dont get it :confused: :confused:

ps: im being honest here :p

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-02-2005, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afr!can angel
1 thing how come women can't sing in nasheeds cos in australia the women at eid sing the nasheeds so do the men but what if their not in the company of a male can they still sing?.........
Allah swt knows best, but I know some scholars who have said that if there are no men there and it won't be heard by men, then it is permissable for the women to sing, provided that they follow the same guidelines.

Ummu Amatullah
10-03-2005, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Allah swt knows best, but I know some scholars who have said that if there are no men there and it won't be heard by men, then it is permissable for the women to sing, provided that they follow the same guidelines.

Jazak'Allah for that akhee.I was kinda mad for a second there. :p

Cloudofpeace
10-03-2005, 05:32 AM
I AM HAPPY
I am happy
Do not why
I think about God
To get every thing right
I wish for peace
Islam give me this pride
I think about life
Prophet knowledge make me smile
I wanted the truth
Quran provide me the sight
So I am happy now
And I do know why
I am the muslim
Who want to reach so high

Pinkrose
10-06-2005, 03:11 PM

So how many of ya'll are still into listening to nasheeds!!? :p

Rabi'ya
10-06-2005, 03:17 PM

I still listen to nasheeds sometimes...to be honest I dont really listen to them alot but sometimes its nice to have a bit of background noise and Id rather hear Allahs name now and again in a song than something totally haram.

Also, I thought that women can sing provided its within the company of females only and men will not see or hear.

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
10-06-2005, 03:27 PM
salam
i don't like nasheeds, i prefer SS recitation
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-06-2005, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i don't like nasheeds, i prefer SS recitation
wasalam

Yeah, they're not ur cup of tea. I remember :p

:coolsis:

Pinkrose
10-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Sis if u want background noise why don't you listen to poetry!!

Go to salafiaudio.com and then scroll down almost all the way and you should see sumthin that says Poetry....... click that and you can hear them!! i like the second one!! :)

muha0154
10-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I don't listen to nasheeds at all. I used to, but at some point I just stopped listening to them. Now I get a bit angry whenever my siblings turn them on. What I hate the most, however, is the so-called 'Islamic Rap'. If you heard it in passing, you wouldn't think it any different from regular rap, so even if the lyrics may gravitate towards Islam, I get the feeling that the medium itself is probably haraam. What do you think? Salaam and take care, all.

Muhammad

ihkwan
10-08-2005, 07:36 AM

The Ruling on 'Islamic Nashîds':

If these nashîds have 'Islamic' meanings whilst not having in them any musical instruments such as duffs, other drums, or the like, then there is no problem in this.

However, it is necessary to explain an important prerequisite for their permissibility, and that is that they should be free of anything contradicting the shari'ah such as excessiveness and the like.

Then another condition is that it should not become a habit because that diverts listeners [of the nashîds] from the recitation of the Qur`ân, which is encouraged in the prophetic, purified, sunnah. Likewise, it diverts them from seeking beneficial knowledge and calling to Allâh subhanahu.

As for the use of duffs in nashids, then this is permissible for women when amongst themselves, and not for men, and on 'îd and on weddings only.

[Shaykh Al-Albânî]

Afr!can angel
10-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanx Brother 4 Dat Now I'm Reasured .....i Think...

abdurrazak
10-08-2005, 10:20 AM
ok erm..."da la 3al badaro 3aleyla" how come the prophet (SAW) did not stop the people singing that at his arrival and also thats a bit extremist i belive ( OMG media word affectin my voaculary!!!!!!!! EXTREMISTS!!! )

Pinkrose
10-08-2005, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdurrazak
ok erm..."da la 3al badaro 3aleyla" how come the prophet (SAW) did not stop the people singing that at his arrival and also thats a bit extremist i belive ( OMG media word affectin my voaculary!!!!!!!! EXTREMISTS!!! )

I read sumwhere...i think a hadith or in the book called Companions of the Prophet and it said "da la 3al badaro 3aleyla" was sang by little girls bro!! And they were beating the duff!! Inshallah i will try to find you the proof!! Don't take my word for it yet!! And if anyone else finds it before i do plz post it!! :)

btw: just as i had expected!! We are not being extremists by trying to tell the truth and follow our deen the right way!! :wilted_ro Like the prophet:arabic5: said "the deen started as sumthin' strange and will end as sumthin' strange!!" Well what can i do if ya believe that not listening to nasheeds and saying its haraam is being extremist!! Subhanallah!! ;D

btw: My intention for starting this thread was not to start and argument but to help my muslim bros and sis's!! :)

:w: :wilted_ro

Pinkrose
10-08-2005, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muha0154
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I don't listen to nasheeds at all. I used to, but at some point I just stopped listening to them. Now I get a bit angry whenever my siblings turn them on. What I hate the most, however, is the so-called 'Islamic Rap'. If you heard it in passing, you wouldn't think it any different from regular rap, so even if the lyrics may gravitate towards Islam, I get the feeling that the medium itself is probably haraam. What do you think? Salaam and take care, all.

Muhammad

Well i think that reciting poetry isn't haraam but nasheeds is!! :wilted_ro

btw:Glad to hear that u stoped nasheeds bro!! :thumbs_up

:w: :wilted_ro

Pinkrose
10-08-2005, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ihkwan

The Ruling on 'Islamic Nashîds':

If these nashîds have 'Islamic' meanings whilst not having in them any musical instruments such as duffs, other drums, or the like, then there is no problem in this.

However, it is necessary to explain an important prerequisite for their permissibility, and that is that they should be free of anything contradicting the shari'ah such as excessiveness and the like.

Then another condition is that it should not become a habit because that diverts listeners [of the nashîds] from the recitation of the Qur`ân, which is encouraged in the prophetic, purified, sunnah. Likewise, it diverts them from seeking beneficial knowledge and calling to Allâh subhanahu.

As for the use of duffs in nashids, then this is permissible for women when amongst themselves, and not for men, and on 'îd and on weddings only.

[Shaykh Al-Albânî]

If i may ask,

Where did you get that bro!!? :) I am not saying i don't believe you!! I just wanna know!! :)

nishom
10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
What about Islamic rap artists, such as Outlandish-I listen to their song 'Look into my eyes' all the time. (ps-the songs about Palestine!!!)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-12-2006, 05:21 PM

There is nothing wrong with Nasheeds that have no music in them as long as certain guidelines are met Inshallah. Please see this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-nasheeds.html

Mawaddah
10-12-2006, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nishom
What about Islamic rap artists, such as Outlandish-I listen to their song 'Look into my eyes' all the time. (ps-the songs about Palestine!!!)

See that's where they go wrong right there. However did such a thing as 'Islamic rap' come around? And that group Outlandish.......Any scholar will tell you that they are not singing Islamic songs. Perhaps they have a few Islamic messages inside there but the way it is being sung just contradicts islamic rulings totally.
I tried to listen to a few of their songs and it's just pure musical! And then their code of dressing and all of that.......... They look like any other Nelly or 50 cent or R Kelly . Astaghfirullah. With all their twisted to the side caps and chains and what not :rollseyes

Read the link Bro Ahmad provided and you'll see the guidelines of nasheeds insha'allah.

bint_muhammed
10-13-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
See that's where they go wrong right there. However did such a thing as 'Islamic rap' come around? And that group Outlandish.......Any scholar will tell you that they are not singing Islamic songs. Perhaps they have a few Islamic messages inside there but the way it is being sung just contradicts islamic rulings totally.
I tried to listen to a few of their songs and it's just pure musical! And then their code of dressing and all of that.......... They look like any other Nelly or 50 cent or R Kelly . Astaghfirullah. With all their twisted to the side caps and chains and what not :rollseyes

Read the link Bro Ahmad provided and you'll see the guidelines of nasheeds insha'allah.
i understand where you coming from sis, but like when i'm revising i'm used to listening to music. now i've stop but i listen to nasheeds, i'm sure its not to bad. i think these pass a positive message across especially to the youth who are so into all the rap buisness, and i'm sure its better than listening to stuff like that. every country tends to have their own type of music and using the western type but putting islamic message acrosssurely cant be seriously wrong. (correct me if i'm wrong i' still a learner) :hiding:

Umm Yoosuf
10-13-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

Sis if u want background noise why don't you listen to poetry!!

Go to salafiaudio.com and then scroll down almost all the way and you should see sumthin that says Poetry....... click that and you can hear them!! i like the second one!! :)

Masha Allah they are beautiful :)

sameer
10-14-2006, 01:49 AM
what exactly is a nasheed? is that like what Yusuf Islam and the group Raiyan sings?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.