/* */

PDA

View Full Version : School Vs. Islam?

Concealed Pearl
09-29-2005, 06:10 PM
For class, we have to go to a bar to observe the interactions that go on btwn ppl. STupid assignment, I know. But yeah so theres NOOO way that I want to go, (bad environment), plus its going to be during Ramadhan... So I was wondering, do u think it would be a wrong idea to just make the whole report up and pretend that I "observed" ppl? I dunno what else to do, since I have to observe ppl in a place where they interact with one another (i.e are trying to become friends, or more than friends) I'm really stuck. DO u guys have any other ideas where I can observe ppl in a more islamically safe environment?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vedad
09-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Al-Masjid?

czgibson
09-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Greetings,

Could you tell your teacher that as a Muslim you're instructed to stay away from such places?. It's wrong for any teacher to force you to do something that contravenes your religious faith.

(I'm a teacher myself.)

Peace

TEH
09-29-2005, 06:22 PM
What the teacher said, though, Im sure you could do it at another social more halaal place, like a club.. ahem, erm, youth centre even???

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 07:07 PM
if its compulsory for you to do assignment in a bar why dont you just ask someone who's been in a bar and experienced the social life in there?...or if its not compulsory 2 do yo assignment in a bar, choose sumat else init :) gud luk btw

Salema
09-29-2005, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
if its compulsory for you to do assignment in a bar why dont you just ask someone who's been in a bar and experienced the social life in there?...or if its not compulsory 2 do yo assignment in a bar, choose sumat else init :) gud luk btw
U R RIGHT..! ;)

minaz
09-29-2005, 07:54 PM
out of interest what subject is it - psycology?

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
out of interest what subject is it - psycology?
oooh!! i hope it sint lol..coz im studying that 2..o well if ma teacher does ask me i'll explain it 2 him that i cant do it :coolsis:

azim
09-29-2005, 08:10 PM
I would just write a 6 page essay on why bars are wrong, fornication is wrong, alchohol is wrong, punctuated by the word 'astaghfirallah' every now and again and drawings of what you think hell looks like with your teacher placed in the middle of it.

I'm sure then you would never have to worry about school again ;)!

.....Sorry sister. Let your teacher know about your concerns on the project. They're usually helpful and as czgibson said, teachers can't make you do anything that is against your religion.

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
I would just write a 6 page essay on why bars are wrong, fornication is wrong, alchohol is wrong, punctuated by the word 'astaghfirallah' every now and again and drawings of what you think hell looks like with your teacher placed in the middle of it.
;D ;D ;D imagine the luk on the teacher's face hahaha thats too funny! :sister:

baby_muslimah15
09-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Loool ;D ;D That would be funny...But I think you would get an F or suspended....................... ;D (ok thats not funny)

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Loool ;D ;D That would be funny...But I think you would get an F or suspended....................... ;D (ok thats not funny)
if they did a give a student that grade because of that wonderful ( ;D ) assignment either they cant read or they being rasict

baby_muslimah15
09-29-2005, 08:25 PM
if they did a give a student that grade because of that wonderful ( ;D ) assignment either they cant read or they being rasict
Lool ;D it would be wonderful.....But it just like the teacher making someone go to a bar.....SOOOOOO oh well

aamirsaab
09-29-2005, 08:29 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Mas`ood
For class, we have to go to a bar to observe the interactions that go on btwn ppl. STupid assignment, I know. But yeah so theres NOOO way that I want to go, (bad environment), plus its going to be during Ramadhan... So I was wondering, do u think it would be a wrong idea to just make the whole report up and pretend that I "observed" ppl? I dunno what else to do, since I have to observe ppl in a place where they interact with one another (i.e are trying to become friends, or more than friends) I'm really stuck. DO u guys have any other ideas where I can observe ppl in a more islamically safe environment?
In the event of your teacher being a twit (and not letting you get out of the assignment) do the following:
1) don't go to the bar
2) copy up your mates work.

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Lool ;D it would be wonderful.....But it just like the teacher making someone go to a bar.....SOOOOOO oh well
grrrrr....iss so anoyyin especially whn ders oda muslim youngsters in yo class who arnt really practising Islam and they juss obey the teacher...n u speak up in class coz u wana obey Allah s.w.a...and then the teacher questions u why arnt the oda muslim youngsters experiencing the same problem?...etc...lol does that mke sense? :p

baby_muslimah15
09-29-2005, 08:37 PM
No it doesn't....But those are the people who follow the trend and do whatever....People say.....And what really gets me is if muslims are practicing the religion but are sooo quick to stop or to commit a sin....Thats sad and pathetic!!!!!!!

Concealed Pearl
09-29-2005, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Could you tell your teacher that as a Muslim you're instructed to stay away from such places?. It's wrong for any teacher to force you to do something that contravenes your religious faith.

(I'm a teacher myself.)

Peace
well, he isn't forcing us to go, he's leaving it totally upto us, so thats y I'm choosing NOT to go. :)

Concealed Pearl
09-29-2005, 10:38 PM
grrrrr....iss so anoyyin especially whn ders oda muslim youngsters in yo class who arnt really practising Islam and they juss obey the teacher...n u speak up in class coz u wana obey Allah s.w.a...and then the teacher questions u why arnt the oda muslim youngsters experiencing the same problem?...etc...lol does that mke sense? :p
yeah man, I KNOW what u mean. there's this guy in my class his name's MUHAMMAD musa, like c'mon have some respect for ur name, and he was actually suggesting possible bars to check out. I was like whoa! did NOT expect that from u, I actually thot u were decent. But yeah, I guess he doesnt have a problem with this whole assignment. I wish things could be as easy as the solutions u guys gave- copy a classmates (yeah and get expelled outta school :p ), write about bars and whats wrong with them (the only thing is that we have to observe how ppl interact with e/o in a social environment, which also means that a musjid is a no-no cuz i need to see ppl checking eachother out- like what usually happens in a bar scene to see how ppl communicate in different settings) but the weird thing is that my teacher's actually cool about ppl not going, he's just really insistent on u finding another place to observe ppl in thier natural habitat (and yes, this is for psychology class). But yeah, anyone have any other suggestions to observe ppl in a social environment? Jazakallah khairun

:w:

samiral
09-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Salamoualeykoum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Perhaps, you can observe young ppl (children) in a nursery ??? :-)
It can be an original way to observe "ppl" in a social environment. (If your teacher consider children as "ppl" of course ;-) : You can ask him )

or also : behaviors of the mothers in the kindergartens (gardens) . Sometimes it is very funny !

(Excuse me for my bad english.)

Wa salamoualeykoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Safa
09-30-2005, 12:07 AM
But yeah, anyone have any other suggestions to observe ppl in a social environment?
:sl:

You could try going to an islamic event (conference,seminars etc) and observe ppl there. Or you could go to a park and observe how kids interact, and maybe even adults.

Afr!can angel
09-30-2005, 02:09 AM
u guyz crack me up!

pious_hijabi
09-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Aslamu aleykum sister,
if the teacher is making you go to this trip and you really have to in order to get the marks....I think you should go if you have tried everything else. Allah knows your intentions and you know your intentions, don't pay no mind to anybody do the work that you were told to do and leave. But just make sure you stay firm and remember that the environment is haram and your there for only one reason and thats to do your assignment. I hope that helps...inshallah everything will go well.

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2005, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Mas`ood
yeah man, I KNOW what u mean. there's this guy in my class his name's MUHAMMAD musa, like c'mon have some respect for ur name, and he was actually suggesting possible bars to check out. I was like whoa! did NOT expect that from u, I actually thot u were decent. But yeah, I guess he doesnt have a problem with this whole assignment. I wish things could be as easy as the solutions u guys gave- copy a classmates (yeah and get expelled outta school :p ), write about bars and whats wrong with them (the only thing is that we have to observe how ppl interact with e/o in a social environment, which also means that a musjid is a no-no cuz i need to see ppl checking eachother out- like what usually happens in a bar scene to see how ppl communicate in different settings) but the weird thing is that my teacher's actually cool about ppl not going, he's just really insistent on u finding another place to observe ppl in thier natural habitat (and yes, this is for psychology class). But yeah, anyone have any other suggestions to observe ppl in a social environment? Jazakallah khairun

hmm yeah luks can be deceive as well as the identity as a muslim anywhere thats gud that yo teacher has given you a choice as to which environment u can write yo assignment on...y don't you choose 4rom the following;

a) school/college/uni

b) any workplace e.g hospital/office..etc

c) supermarkets

d) Library

e) masjid? ;)

hope that helps

Khojestah
09-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Well how about the mall.there's alot of ppl there

ChasingRainbows
09-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Salam Alaikum,
In my school swimming is the mandatory portion of the physical education class. I remember my friend told the teacher that wearing bathing suites wasn't allowed so she was given an assignment to do instead. It is a free country no one will force you to do anything that you don't have to do.

Concealed Pearl
09-30-2005, 09:48 PM
really good suggestions everyone. But I guess I wasnt too clear about what we have to look for. The reason why he chose the bar scene cuz thats where ppl go to flirt, hang out, hook up, etc. so he wants us to observe body language, gestures, the way ppl speak with one another, etc. other places R pretty hard to observe this type of behaviour, but I guess school can be one cuz its pretty disgusting watching guys stare at girls. sometimes when im waiting at a certain place like for the previous class to get outta my class, I watch the guy's stare at girls. its soooooo degrading i dunno HOW these girls CRAVE this attention. But whatever, they know what therye doing, theyre "liberated" lol...but yeah once in a blue moon, u'll see a guy flirt with a girl and I guess I'll use my imagination for the rest of the stuff. :) I think I'm going to go talk to him...

Afr!can angel
10-01-2005, 08:54 AM
YEA I dnt get some ppl they r jus so i dnt knw but good luck! :D

Malaikah
10-01-2005, 09:28 AM
salams why not just ask your teacher for good alternatives and you can choose the most islamicly suitable one?

solid_snake
10-19-2005, 02:40 AM
lol I go to the university bar to was soccer every tuesday and wednesday ... no harm done so far.

Raizins
02-19-2009, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim

I'm sure then you would never have to worry about school again ;)!

.....Sorry sister. Let your teacher know about your concerns on the project. They're usually helpful and as czgibson said, teachers can't make you do anything that is against your religion.
Rofl agreed. x2

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.