/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you felt like leaving college?

YuN
09-29-2005, 06:17 PM
:sl:

What would you do if you felt like leaving college? I'm saying this because I feel like this. My work is fine, I don't have problems with anyone. But one side of me tells me to forget it all.
I'm a brother in need of some good advice... HELP ME!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
09-29-2005, 06:22 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

bro trust me i know how u feel.. i reeeli wanted to do a alim course but parents said that its better to study in college 1st. i really hate it der cz its just my 1st year and therez sooo much fitnah already and i jus wna leave it all.. one of the major problemz in bein in a place like that is that you feel that you want to avoid it but you get caught in even if you try not 2.. we jus gota hav faith in Allah (swt) and listen to what our parents say - and then after that insha Allah do somethin beter.. just make dua' yeh, lower your gaze and remain patient.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

TEH
09-29-2005, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YuN

What would you do if you felt like leaving college? I'm saying this because I feel like this. My work is fine, I don't have problems with anyone. But one side of me tells me to forget it all.
I'm a brother in need of some good advice... HELP ME!!!
You feel like this, because you have time to feel, hence get rid of the time that you feel in, and do something else in it, like play fotball, learn about your deen, go out with friends, go on ghusht...

:p

YuN
09-30-2005, 08:53 AM
:) Jazakallah for your advice brothers. Inshallah, I will try to use my free time wisely and try to keep away from fitna. Just another question. I got a cousin who wants to try and get into a fight in honour of his pride. I don't want him to do this because its pointless, but he doesn't seem to listen to me. Any advice?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Ah, pride. Ok, first, tell him to back off - nothing will be achieved by the outcome of the fight: whether he 'wins' or not. Also, I do belive there is a hadith saying something along the lines of: the strong muslim is the one who controls his anger - or something like that. I don't know the exact words (perhaps one of the more knowledgable members might know) but what I do know is that you should try and prevent this fight from happening. There are more important things in a man's life than pride.

Ummu Amatullah
09-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Asallama Alaikum brother yes,there is.About leaving college well set aside the fitnah,but if you truly want to learn focus on your studies and don't get distracted.Well the pride thing I'm not a guy and trust me sisters aren't like that so really I have nothing to say about it.I would say try to prevent the fight from happening or try to get through the guys head and tell him what he's doing his wrong.What is the guy fighting for?A girl I suppose. :-[

- Qatada -
09-30-2005, 12:57 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh

Sahih Muslim: Book 032, Number 6313:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The strong-man is not one who wrestles well but the strong man is one who controls himself when he is in a fit of rage.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Jaakallah kheir for the hadith bro.

ummbilal
09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
salaam alakum brother,
if you want to leave college pray istikarah and then choose, re your cousin and his pride, all you can do is tell him its not worth it and make dua.

inshaallah Allah will guide you to what is right for you.
if you left college what would you do instead?

Buthaynah
09-30-2005, 01:48 PM

One thing i'd like to make clear is that Allah has strongly urged us to strive towards education. The word 3ilm (Knowledge) is mebtioned so many times in the Quran. I was once told that it is indeed a word that is mentioned more than any other in the Quraan.

Dont leave college brother. I attend college and to tell you the truth I have NO friends. Not because no one likes me but because they are the MAIN coause of distraction. When I sit down to do my work....I have no one bothering me...I have no one continiously chatting to me and annoying me.

Brother....you must have some aoms in life and one of them may also be marriage. What will happen when you have children and they need help with their work?
'Oh father, help me with so and so.'

Where will u put your face when you have no idea?

May Allah guide us All.

Salaam

YuN
10-01-2005, 07:16 PM
If i left college, I would get into some full time work. I've made up my mind about college. I will continue with my studies. Its not that i have any problems, I've just lost the touch of studying. I want to get back into it, but I just don't know how. This is what I need advice on.

TEH
10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YuN
:) Jazakallah for your advice brothers. Inshallah, I will try to use my free time wisely and try to keep away from fitna. Just another question. I got a cousin who wants to try and get into a fight in honour of his pride. I don't want him to do this because its pointless, but he doesn't seem to listen to me. Any advice?
Well it depends init, the guy who he wants to fight, what did he do???

:strokesbeard:

YuN
10-01-2005, 07:40 PM
The fight thing is sorted. I told him not to bother no more because he's got more problems to think about. Why take useless things and add to the pile?
But thanks for your support bruv.

TEH
10-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Your welcome sheikh, but, dont let people push you around but also, dont get angry either...

*I was so close to posting a smiley*

beans
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
haha dude, this was me last year. then again i failied 3 courses.

but that was a lack of work on my fault.
you knw whats weird advice? work on your deen. and uni will seriously seem like a better place to be, honestly i worked on my deen this summer, and now my plans are set on raising my grades, satying an extra year at uni and going to medical school, i've picked up because of Allah SWT man, and its awesome.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.