/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how would you explain 2 a teeenager...?

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
asalamualykum brothers and sisters, hope you all in good health along with your families ameen!! :)

well basically i was walking home 2day and this girl in our class called aglea was curious abt me wearing a burka and covering maself....and she asked me why would you want to cover yoself? dont you want to show the men yo figure and yo beauty?..etc...i tried my best explaining to her that islam teaches us to dress modestly and that we should have some self-respect so that men recognise that yo is a practising sister and they'll respect u 2!...she ddint seem 2 fully understand that and then we had to go our seperate ways...erm well i juss wana ask you brothers and sisters that if any1 else does ask me like how shall i explain 2 dem so that they get intrested in Islam? ;)

jazahka Allah khayr in advance!! :sister:

walakumasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
baby_muslimah15
09-29-2005, 08:20 PM
As-salaamu Alaikum, I had some people come up 2 me and ask me the same thing, or say they couldn't do it....But I just told them what I knew about hijab and why we do it...So maybe you should tell her about the religion and why we cover...But try not to scare her by telling her if she dont do it she well go to hell...A couple of my friends did that and lets just say it wasnt pretty......Hope this helps

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
As-salaamu Alaikum, I had some people come up 2 me and ask me the same thing, or say they couldn't do it....But I just told them what I knew about hijab and why we do it...So maybe you should tell her about the religion and why we cover...But try not to scare her by telling her if she dont do it she well go to hell...A couple of my friends did that and lets just say it wasnt pretty......Hope this helps
walakumasalaam sis!! :)

;D datz one thing which i probably would have said...all u guys r guna end up in hell...lol... :p nah im messing, yeah cool lets hope she doesnt feel scared asking me again :D it's true some peeps are ded scared of me they think im a sucide bomber ;D

azim
09-29-2005, 08:26 PM
I find it usually hard to explain to non-muslims the wisdom behind the hijab/burkha etc... Since attention from the opposite sex is usually considered a good thing to them, the whole argument is lost. It's better to convince them the attention is bad, since it leads to bad things. But again, the bad thing it leads to is usually considered quite good in this society...just tell them they're going to hell if they dont wear it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
baby_muslimah15
09-29-2005, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
walakumasalaam sis!! :)

;D datz one thing which i probably would have said...all u guys r guna end up in hell...lol... :p nah im messing, yeah cool lets hope she doesnt feel scared asking me again :D it's true some peeps are ded scared of me they think im a sucide bomber ;D
LOOL :omg: gotta go.......just playin, sometimes I get like that, I just wanna say(WELL I COULDNT DISOBEY MY LORD) or go out and show my body......But if the girl really wanna know and not just playin...BRING OUT THE QUR'AN looool ;D

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
I find it usually hard to explain to non-muslims the wisdom behind the hijab/burkha etc... Since attention from the opposite sex is usually considered a good thing to them, the whole argument is lost. It's better to convince them the attention is bad, since it leads to bad things. But again, the bad thing it leads to is usually considered quite good in this society...just tell them they're going to hell if they dont wear it.
yeah is juss fiqh init..whn peeps think wots rong is right and wots right is wrong...o well lets hope they convert in2 muslims b4 iss 2 late ameen! :)

^^lol..i dont think a non-muslim is allowed to hold a quran sharif :thumbs_up

S_87
09-29-2005, 08:41 PM
:sl:

ive been asked quite a few times and one thing i notice women always understand is talking about women have fallen victim of being molasted by man due to the lack of clothes. and how islam tries to prevent us women by having us cover. and that it really is to our benifit
also, mention that a womans body is her right to show who she wants. those she feels safe with :thumbs_up

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:44 PM
^^very true jazahka allah 4 replying back sister :)

- Qatada -
09-29-2005, 08:47 PM

Asalamu-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
all praise is due to Allah. we praise him, and seek his help and forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah, most high from the evils of our own selves and from our wicked deeds. Whomever Allah guides can not be misguided, and whomever he leads astray can not be guided. I testify that there is no true God worthy of being worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner or associate. I further testify that Muhammad is his slave and messenger, may Allah’s salaah and salamm also be granted to the prophet’s pure family and to all of his noble companions.

i know wa u mean sis.. its really tough explainin this to peeps especially when they been bought up to think that you gota look good to impress other people and thats all life is about. and tryin to explain to them is really hard cz they dont understand why you do it..

the better way to do it - is to put them under a situation that they used to. for example tell her to imagine a time like for example if she went out with a boy.. and how he treated her - and how all along - he could have been playin her and she wouldn't know about it. after this - he could dump her whenever he wanted and no1 could stop him and no1 would care if she got hurt and ery1 would just tell her to 'get over it.' the same would happen if she was married too (later in the future) - cz theyz nothin a person can do in this country if a persons husband has a affair - imagine how a gyalz life would be.. imagine a life without no1 carin how u feel..

you can even mention situations such as rape and how america has the highest number of rapes every year. this is cz most women dress up so men get tempted and if they do go jail - its only for a few years and they can come back out and can easily do it again.. ask her 'is that really fair on women?' and has she ever noticed that this country is run mainly by men and they decide what the laws are goin to be.. so why dont they have strong laws which protect women? thats why in islam men and women are equal in the eyes of Allah (swt) and if a man rapes a woman in islam - he could even get death for it.. and in islamic countries - the rape rate is alot lower than that of america and england etc. this is Allah (swt)'s law and not just any man made one (cz most man made laws are made by the men and not the women which makes it unfair on the women.) whereas the islamic law is equal for women and men. tell her this is the reason you wear all this hijab +niqab etc. - so you get protected from guyz 'pervin' and insha Allah its a less likely chance that they will rape someone who wearz full hijab + niqab etc. cz they wont be tempted in the first place + they dont know how good lookin or not so good lookin the person in the hijab + niqab iz.

this will get her thinking insha Allah.. and then tell her that islam stops all that and the reason for it iz - so people dont play each other, so people dont hav affairs, so people dont get raped - so people dont get hurt and their life doesn't get destroyed.

people hear what a person says but they dont normally take it in - unless they have some sort of feeling/emotion towards it. so after this start explaining to her how islam protects a person from all this. get quotes from the holy qur'an and the hadith to prove your points. (you can even take the notes as a printout). there was another post already which is regarding womens rights in islam and how both are equal.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showpost...6&postcount=65
(you can read more info. on how women should be treated in Islam on the above link insha Allah.)

sorry for the essay..

Allah (swt) knows best.

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 08:54 PM
asalamualykum bro!!

hey ders no need 2 appologise...anyways alhamdulillah that was very useful...and insha Allah if she or anyone else does ask i'll know staright away what to say jazahka Allah ever so much brothers n sisters :) you've all bin a great help may Allah s.w.a be pleased with u ameen!! :thumbs_up

pious_hijabi
09-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Dawud Wharnsby, the veil:
They say, "Oh, poor girl, you're so beautiful you know
It's a shame that you cover up your beauty so."
She just smiles and graciously responds reassuringly,
"This beauty that I have is just one simple part of me.
This body that I have, no stranger has the right to see.
These long clothes, this shawl I wear, ensure my modesty.
Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn't you agree?

This hijab,
This mark of piety,
Is an act of faith, a symbol,
For all the world to see.
A simple cloth, to protect her dignity.
So lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.

They tell her, "Girl, don't you know this is the West and you are free?
You don't need to be opressed, ashamed of your femininity."
She just shakes her head and she speaks so assuredly,

"See the bill-boards and the magazines that line the check-out isles, with their phony painted faces and their air-brushed smiles?
Well their sheer clothes and low cut gowns are really not for me.
You call it freedom, I call it anarchy."

This hijab,
This mark of piety,
Lift the veil from your heart and seek the heart of purity.

Here is a song from Dawud Wharnsby, it helped me explain a little better the reason why I wear a hijab, I hope you like it.

pious_hijabi
09-29-2005, 09:00 PM
The veil by Dawud Wharnsby
They say, "Oh, poor girl, you're so beautiful you know
It's a shame that you cover up your beauty so."
She just smiles and graciously responds reassuringly,
"This beauty that I have is just one simple part of me.
This body that I have, no stranger has the right to see.
These long clothes, this shawl I wear, ensure my modesty.
Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn't you agree?

This hijab,
This mark of piety,

They tell her, "Girl, don't you know this is the West and you are free?
You don't need to be opressed, ashamed of your femininity."
She just shakes her head and she speaks so assuredly,

"See the bill-boards and the magazines that line the check-out isles, with their phony painted faces and their air-brushed smiles?
Well their sheer clothes and low cut gowns are really not for me.
You call it freedom, I call it anarchy."

This hijab,
This mark of piety,
Lift the veil from your heart and seek the heart of purity.

Hope you enjoy it.

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 09:00 PM
lol..yeah heard that but jazahka Allah anywhere sister :) btw is a wiked nasheed..... may Allah s.w.a be pleased with u ameen!

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 10:31 AM
salam alaikum sister
dont worry i think your explanation was very good masha allah, they will only understand and the idea will settle after a while, and if they do research
guidance is upto Allah our job is to tell them

i think what you said was great masha allah
salam alaikum
saidah

05-19-2006, 10:37 AM
i'd probably just explain to them my reasons of not wanting to be 'cheap' and selling myself.:okay: but in a nice way of course.:)

babagrr
05-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Assallaamu alaykum

Alot of females, Muslim and non-muslim, are so entangled in the idea of acceptance through showing off your body as much as possible.

Even though I'm male, I have been approached by females asking why women where clothing that covers them.

I have been blessed by not being able to see (i.e., I am blind) and consequently, they feel comfortable with me and ask me various questions witch ordinarily they would not have dreamt of asking even their closest female companions.

I would say that you should evaluate each incident on an individual basis and that you should interact with that person on his-her level.

Because I am blind, I usually ask them why they feel that they could ask me and if they feel threatened by me in any way.
Wona know what? Usually the answer is "No).
They then usually answer their own question partially by telling me that they don't feel self-conscious and "namebrand-alert".

Why?

"Cause you can't see me......?"

Hmm, allright now. They have partially set the wheel rolling for a self-assessment.

And mind you, there are more non-muslims asking me this question than Muslims.

It's sad but, it's true that many Muslim females, By Name and Birth; are notoriously trying to compete with those individuals who practice those things that are taken as Haraam by ISLAM.

I have sometimes assumed that so and so person is Muslim and visaversa.

Anyway, all the best and good luck.

Assallaamu alaykum

~AMIRA~
05-20-2006, 12:22 PM
etdgv

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.