/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Makeup?

ishkabab
09-29-2005, 09:07 PM
:sl:
well i wanted to know r women allowed to wear makeup?....well my hubby hates it he doesnt allow me to wear any even if im goin to an only girl gathering...i respect what he says because he tells me ur beautiful without any makeup...and he says i met u without makeup so let it stay that way....i some times feel bad cause i want to wear makeup now n then its not like anybody is gonna c me but my hubby n women thas all...n i wear niqaab so who's gonna c me outside..
what do u guys say? :confused:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 09:10 PM
:w:

if you wear make up to impress yo hubby then datz cool...nothing wrong in that...but if you wear it to impress other men then u is committin a sin which im sure you wont do :) ...lol...awwh!! thats swt whn he said u luk beautiful without it ;)

ishkabab
09-29-2005, 09:17 PM
yeh thas tru but i dont wear amkeup for non-mehrams..

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2005, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
yeh thas tru but i dont wear amkeup for non-mehrams..
yeah thats cool masha Allah...it all comes down to intentions sis... :thumbs_up just ask yo hubby if he would allow u 2 wear it coz u wear a nuqqab masha allah and no1 will c u oda dan the sisters n u and insha Allah woteva he says juss listen 2 him :sister:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ishkabab
09-29-2005, 09:25 PM
no its not easy..lol he's a very simple but complicated person....

ishkabab
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
hey bay girl can u go on n open msn plz...

TEH
09-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey, if your husband said no, then you shouldnt, but hey, youre a woman, men are weak, convince him...

:p

Genius
09-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Make up does not work for some people, sometimes a grocery bag with 2 holes for sight and a slit for breathing is more appropriate.

Safa
09-29-2005, 11:31 PM
well i wanted to know r women allowed to wear makeup?....well my hubby hates it he doesnt allow me to wear any even if im goin to an only girl gathering...i respect what he says because he tells me ur beautiful without any makeup...and he says i met u without makeup so let it stay that way....i some times feel bad cause i want to wear makeup now n then its not like anybody is gonna c me but my hubby n women thas all...n i wear niqaab so who's gonna c me outside..
what do u guys say? :confused:

Wear makeup as long as only your husband sees it. I've seen some married women wear make up to impress non-mahram men... maybe that's why your husband doesn't want you to wear makeup. Your hubby said you look pretty...no wait beautiful without makeup anyway so why do you feel bad? But your intentions aren't bad so try convincing him if you can.

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Hey, if your husband said no, then you shouldnt, but hey, youre a woman, men are weak, convince him...

:p
Personally I would wear makeup....But if my husband said no then I would ask him his reason for sayin it.....And if you wear niqaab then that should really be ok!!!! I tried to wear makeup out the house once but my mom told me to take it off!!! because I didn't have on a niqaab.

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 12:21 AM
The only thing I wear is Lip Gloss

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2005, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Personally I would wear makeup....But if my husband said no then I would ask him his reason for sayin it.....And if you wear niqaab then that should really be ok!!!! I tried to wear makeup out the house once but my mom told me to take it off!!! because I didn't have on a niqaab.

Wat is the point of covering your body only to have your face look all attractive with make up? Thats wat happens alot these days ive noticed. Sisters wear Hijab but their faces are LOADED with make up Subhanallah, that just goes against the point of the Hijab and Niqaab.

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 01:37 AM
True Brother Ahmed687...But thats why you wear niqaab....The only time you show it is to your husband or female friends.......(My opinion)

ishkabab
09-30-2005, 02:02 AM
soooo true why would i be walkin around with my face hangin with r without makeup?......i thas why i always wear niqaab alhamdulilah.....yes these days girls do wear makeup n wear hijab with who knows what intention....may Allah have Mercy on them...Ameen!

BlissfullyJaded
09-30-2005, 02:24 AM

Erm, well, as long you're not caking up your eyes with kohl and leaving the eye cover up, I don't think make-up would be a problem when you're wearing a niqaab. Nobody can see it. :sister:

• Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with a woman using make-up to adorn herself for her husband, or if she is not married, so long as she is wearing full hijaab (i.e., niqaab).
    Source

Although...if you can't come to a middle ground somewhere on this, I think it would be better to just obey your husbands request.. :sister:

Halima
09-30-2005, 02:51 AM

Sister Ishkabab if you are wearing the niquab then it's pointless to wear makeup. That's the whole purpose of niquab, not to attract anyone hence the fact that make-up is the exact opposite. Makeup is designed for attraction. If I were you I would wear my make-up only to my husband and not to care about the other people. It's your husband that you would like to show that you are beautiful. However, if he thinks that you look beautiful without make-up then don't wear the make-up! That's like a free-bee tip from a husband whom you can trust your opinion on. Then again, don't wear too much make-up. Wearing too much make-up will makeone look un-natural and alhamdulilah we woould not want to temper with Allah (swt)'s beautiful creation now don't we?

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 03:03 AM
I agree sister Halima.....But niqaab hides all of that.....How I know my mom wears niqaab.....So you can wear makeup I think........And what if you wanna go to a celebration, Eid,etc.....You should always try and look nice and makeup would do the trick as well as nice clothes....(My opinion)

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2005, 06:51 AM
hey bay girl can u go on n open msn plz...
awwwwh!! im sorry i went b4 i read this reply....hang on i'll pm ya :coolsis: sorry abt that sis

S_87
09-30-2005, 09:56 AM
theres nothing wrong with make up itself unless its harming your face

or wearing loads with hijab because that conflicts ;)

Malaikah
09-30-2005, 10:07 AM
i agree with amani.. makeup can be bad for your skin.. depending on the type... and ahmed687 makes a good point too.. as long as nonmahrams dont see you its not an issue.. but dont forget that you have to do as your husband tells you so if he says no i guess thats it, unless you can convince him otherwise... good luck!

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 10:08 AM
salam
sisters should only wear make up to satisfy themselves and their husband and no one else. using make up depends on your intentions
wasalam

Hajar
09-30-2005, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
sisters should only wear make up to satisfy themselves and their husband and no one else. using make up depends on your intentions
wasalam

I agree with you bro.

Buthaynah
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM

Make up? I like the topic but not make up itself. :p

Anyway....if you ask me....make up is something you wud wear in from=nt of ur husband. A woman should not falunt her beauty in from=nt of every: Tom, George and Harry. There isnt any need.
Then again...if u really think about it.....if ur husband excepts u for who u really are....then there is no need for make up.

Plus! Henna and kohl are the best things to use (I do.... ;) )

salaam

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 11:43 AM
salam
thats why i said it matters about the sister's intention
wasalam

wasim134
10-01-2005, 11:20 AM
i agree with metsudaistwice because you need the intention if you have the intention that is not for your husband then thats haram...

Bass
10-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Wear make up in front of mahrams but outside it might be attractive to other men

S_87
10-01-2005, 12:11 PM

ermm dont forget you can do it for yourself too :thumbs_up
(some sisters arent married ;) )

Muezzin
10-01-2005, 12:14 PM
You know who else wears makeup?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Ummu Amatullah
10-01-2005, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Asallama Alaikum now that's what I call a crazy fella,btw shouldn't this be in the sisters section? :-[ :-[ :-[

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2005, 01:22 PM

Thats not funny

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

10-01-2005, 01:33 PM

:( :( :'( :offtopic:

baby_muslimah15
10-01-2005, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imane
:( :( :'( :offtopic:
OMG :omg: is he dead??? where did u get that from?????

Muezzin
10-03-2005, 02:28 PM

He ain't dead. It's a... a scarecrow with a mask on. :p

And back on topic, I've read that makeup is allowed for women only for their husbands. Personally, I don't see why ladies make such a fuss doing themselves up - there is such a thing as 'natural beauty'.

At least, that's what I tell door to door Avon salespeople. :p

Ameeratul Layl
10-03-2005, 03:26 PM

Exactly.....a woman should flaunt the beauty that Allah has bestowed her with....Not that she makes herself (only to hersband anyway).

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
10-03-2005, 03:28 PM
salam
like i said it depends on the sisters true intentions
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-03-2005, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
like i said it depends on the sisters true intentions
wasalam

Yeh...true
e

ishkabab
10-03-2005, 04:17 PM
JazakAllah .............cool ...thanx for all ur answers ..........

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 04:30 PM

He ain't dead. It's a... a scarecrow with a mask on. :p

And back on topic, I've read that makeup is allowed for women only for their husbands. Personally, I don't see why ladies make such a fuss doing themselves up - there is such a thing as 'natural beauty'.

At least, that's what I tell door to door Avon salespeople. :p
Well of course a women can wear makeup for her husband I would hope.....And it is a thing called natural beauty. but sometimes a women could wanna wear lipstick or anything...and it doesn't have to always be a thing that when she puts it on she automatically wants to show every MAN that walks past......And far as what Metsudaistwice said it does depend on her true intentions.....So personally I think u can wear makeup for your husband and for a special all female gathering or anything...As long as when you go out the house you have on a Niqaab,and if she wasn't to wear Niqaab then that would be haraam as we all know!! (My Opinion Stated)......Salaamz

Oh BTW wear did you get dat picture????? Its kinda cool in a scary weird way..... :p

Desai
10-03-2005, 04:31 PM
spot on

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desai
spot on
Huh....Spot on????(meanin)

ishkabab
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
:confused: what u tryin to say....

10-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Well of course a women can wear makeup for her husband I would hope.....And it is a thing called natural beauty. but sometimes a women could wanna wear lipstick or anything...and it doesn't have to always be a thing that when she puts it on she automatically wants to show every MAN that walks past......And far as what Metsudaistwice said it does depend on her true intentions.....So personally I think u can wear makeup for your husband and for a special all female gathering or anything...As long as when you go out the house you have on a Niqaab,and if she wasn't to wear Niqaab then that would be haraam as we all know!! (My Opinion Stated)......Salaamz
true sis...women shouldn't make up to ajnabees men..but sometimes i wear a very heavy natural make up :-[ ..is it haraam...i try to not..but i cant since all my freinds are doing that:(...

ishkabab
10-03-2005, 06:37 PM
listen who cares what ur friends do....be ur self....dont be likethoe girls...dat fill there face wit makeup to show guys or to think there cool....there whack!!!!!

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Yea what ishkabab said, its wack to just do what your friends do(I found out the hard way) got me in trouble many, many, many times..... But its koo to wear alot of makeup as long as u wear the niqaab like if you have on eye shadow, lipstick, mascrara, all at once thats koo...but to just go out the house like that... Is not....Most of the time people wear alot of makeup to cover up how they really look, I'm sure your a very beautful person so you dont need alot of makeup.....Hope dis helps.... ;)

Shana524
10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
:sl: sisters,
This is a great topic. Also I want to point out that many sisters think that simply slapping on a scarf over their head counts as a hijab while they have tight cloths on. Many of the younger sisters are following the same path. This is a great fitnah creeping into this Ummah. We have to propagate the correct ways of carrying out our duty. But its difficult to approach those sisters to politely point out their mistakes.

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
So True...Just the other day I saw a couple of gurls with a scarf on but tight fittin clothes....May Allah guide them and us all Insha'Allah

ishkabab
10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
LOL....true....

10-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Yea what ishkabab said, its wack to just do what your friends do(I found out the hard way) got me in trouble many, many, many times..... But its koo to wear alot of makeup as long as u wear the niqaab like if you have on eye shadow, lipstick, mascrara, all at once thats koo...but to just go out the house like that... Is not....Most of the time people wear alot of makeup to cover up how they really look, I'm sure your a very beautful person so you dont need alot of makeup.....Hope dis helps.... ;)
jazaki allahu khair sister...i'll try to stop this bad habbit inshaalah... :coolsis: :love:

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imane
jazaki allahu khair sister...i'll try to stop this bad habbit inshaalah... :coolsis: :love:
InshAllah may Allah make it easy for you!!!! :love:

afriend2
10-04-2005, 04:08 PM
you should feel blessed that Allah has given you a husband that loves you fo who you are. you obviously have beauty that is natural and he admires that. however if you really want to wear make up i suggest ask him if he minds because mashAllah you wear the niqaab anyway.

Ay3sha
06-09-2014, 03:10 PM
I don't usually wear makeup on a daily basis, only special occasions. But my dad has not been allowing me recently. I understand you should not beautify yourself for other men. But this is what I don't understand. Putting cream or oil (i.e jojoba oil, olive oil...) on you skin is meant to make it soft and remove imperfections. Is this not the same as what a bb cream, foundation of concealer does? Some people (like me) have problematic skin (i.e acne, dry skin) So does this mean moisturising creams and natural oils are also haram for beauty purposes? Nobody wants to have acne or imperfections on their skin, and a little foundation/concealer helps conceal the blemishes. Why should there be a problem with women who want to make their skin seem more normal, rather than blemished and problematic? It's not for the men, it's to make the women feel more normal without being judged by others!! Makeup such as foundation has a purpose, for women who have problem skin to make it more normal! Also, I sometimes use beetroot juice as a lip tint. It's beneficial for my skin and provides my lips with nutrients while adding a little tint. This is natural. Why shouls this be haraam? My intention is not to attract men, rather I'm enhancing my appearance because it makes me comfortable with the skin I have. I can inderstand chancing your whole appearance with makeup may be over the top, but many women don't do that.

ardianto
06-09-2014, 10:59 PM
One secret of women. If a woman want to attract a man, she would try to make him look at her eyes, then she can stare back. So, when she wear make up she would focus her makeup on eyes area. Wearing kohl or eyeshadow indeed, sign that a woman tries to attract the men.

If a woman wear makeup without intention to attract the men, then she would wear light makeup that make her still look natural, not heavy makeup that make her face so colorful.

My wife (late) always wore light makeup when she went out, without eyeshadow and blush-on. I did not forbid her because I knew her intention was just to make her look fresh. Also I never ordered her to wear makeup for me because I prefer to see her in her natural condition.

ardianto
06-10-2014, 12:09 AM
My advice to sisters. If you want to wear makeup, just wear light makeup that can make you look fresh without people aware that you wear makeup. Avoid colorful face of heavy makeup because it can make people have negative impression toward you.

About kohl. Ulama say that women should not wear kohl except in front of their mahram or in front of other women. I agree with it. Kohl will make people stare at your eyes, including non-mahram. If a non-mahram stare at your eyes, and you stare back, then the fitnah begin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.