/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Akon A Muslim??

bungi
09-29-2005, 10:33 PM
:sl:

duz any1 knw akon?? dat rapper??
is he a muslim?? coz in his song, Senegal he says,

..."So what you know about how God comes first in our lives, everything that we do is for Allah
So what you know about that Holy place called Touba where Prophets are born
"...

wat do u fink??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samee
09-29-2005, 11:32 PM

I'm not one to judge at ALL, not in any way, shape or form. Excuse my comments if you find them offensive.

It's just that nowadays, alot of people think Islam and being a Muslim is "cool." It's like new wave to them. I see it all the time with people who are born muslim. They take quotes and they act as if God is the focal point of their life, just to be different.

I'm not saying Akon isn't muslim- he might very well be. But let's not jump to conclusions every time someone uses Allah or the word Prophet and makes them rhyme.

Your brother in Islam :wa:

Samee
09-29-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm not one to judge at ALL, not in any way, shape or form. Excuse my comments if you find them offensive.

It's just that nowadays, alot of people think Islam and being a Muslim is "cool." It's like new wave to them. I see it all the time with people who are born muslim. They take quotes and they act as if God is the focal point of their life, just to be different.

I'm not saying Akon isn't muslim- he might very well be. But let's not jump to conclusions every time someone uses Allah or the word Prophet and makes them rhyme.

-Your brother in Islam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-29-2005, 11:36 PM

How does it benefit us if he is a muslim or not? I mean if he is Alhamdullilah, if he isnt then May Allah guide him to Islam. Why should we worry about things like these?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samee
09-29-2005, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687

How does it benefit us if he is a muslim or not? I mean if he is Alhamdullilah, if he isnt then May Allah guide him to Islam. Why should we worry about things like these?

:w:
Its the fact that some people like these rappers and when they become muslim or something, its a big thing.

If Michael Jordan was to become a muslim, I wouldn't find it bigger than if a homeless bum became muslim.

Its just certain names trigger certain interest :zip:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-29-2005, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiullah
Its the fact that some people like these rappers and when they become muslim or something, its a big thing.

If Michael Jordan was to become a muslim, I wouldn't find it bigger than if a homeless bum became muslim.

Its just certain names trigger certain interest :zip:

True that, but my point was that it shouldnt really affect us if they are muslims or not. Alhamdullilah if they are, i mean if "stars" became muslims then they are definetly gonna have an influence on people but it shoud not really matter to us. Just praise Allah for guiding them to Islam.

Samee
09-29-2005, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687

True that, but my point was that it shouldnt really affect us if they are muslims or not. Alhamdullilah if they are, i mean if "stars" became muslims then they are definetly gonna have an influence on people but it shoud not really matter to us. Just praise Allah for guiding them to Islam.
Yep. You said it :thumbs_up

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bungi

..."So what you know about how God comes first in our lives, everything that we do is for Allah
"...

wat do u fink??

He had that song locked up....I dont think he muslim....But i'm not the one to judge.....If he is can u let me know

bungi
09-30-2005, 09:50 AM
wat d hell? i was only askin if he was a muslim or not? i didnt ask u 2 judge him or anyfin!

Mainul_Islam
09-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

brother bungi, what we're trying to say is that we dont know whether he is Muslim or not.

like bro Samiullah said,

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiullah

ofcourse we cannot judge if he is a Muslim by heart, but Muslim by name..? we're NOT SURE of that either because maybe he hasnt declared his faith publicly and what he believes (i dont know that guy)

Ummu Amatullah
09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Asallama Alaikum well yeah I'll have to agree since we're not the ones to judge.I don't think he's muslim,but that's just my view.He just maybe muslim who knows?We shouldn't be so fast to judge.May Allah cover the faults of this Ummah ameen. :) :thumbs_up

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2005, 01:51 PM
dont know and dont care to be honest with you :)

Ummu Amatullah
09-30-2005, 01:59 PM
I should've said that since really it does nothing for me it doesn't benefit anyone or hurt anyone for that matter.

Bass
09-30-2005, 02:49 PM
As far as I know his Brothers have muslim names :)

eyes_of_mine
09-30-2005, 04:58 PM
One thing we can asy for sure is Akon certainly knows about Islam thats the only certain thing there, I hope he does become muslim he can rearrange his lyrics of locked up and dedicate it to the brothers in guantanamo bay . (just an after thought)

eyes_of_mine
09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
One thing we can say for sure is Akon certainly knows about Islam thats the only certain thing there, I hope he does become muslim he can rearrange his lyrics of locked up and dedicate it to the brothers in guantanamo bay . (just an after thought)

Muezzin
09-30-2005, 06:07 PM
If he is indeed Muslim, does that mean 'Lonely' was dedicated to Saddam? :p

ummAbdillah
09-30-2005, 06:17 PM
salaam broz n sistaz
if he rapps about allah then he might be..........

allah nowz best

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 09:17 PM
wat d hell? i was only askin if he was a muslim or not? i didnt ask u 2 judge him or anyfin!
I know u didn't ask me to judge!!! But I said i'm not the 1 to judge(meaning) to say if he is or isn't.......Ok

minaz
09-30-2005, 09:53 PM
If he is indeed Muslim, does that mean 'Lonely' was dedicated to Saddam?
LMAO ;D ;D ;D
anywho i don't think it'd harm havin Akon as a muslim bro

czgibson
09-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I think "Lonely" has to be one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard...

They should play it to Saddam in his cell on endless repeat.

Peace

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Loool ;D.........Maybe it was...Never thought of that....Actually I forgot about the song

nikki
09-30-2005, 11:01 PM
salaams all!
1- I LOVE AKON
2- lonely is an old track , bout 2 yrs infact so i dno! in an interview he sed he wrote it wen he was proper young wen his girl left him
3- lockd up is true to life bout wen he was "a convict" (hence tha name) in prison quite a while ago n dedicated to those who go down tha wrong path.

it IS possible he became muslim wen he came outa prison, or was born it n now follows islam, who knos!
insha'Allah il let u kno, im gna look into this!!!
alhamdulillah if he is!
(bu does he wear a cross in tha video to lonely????)

:w: xxx

nikki
09-30-2005, 11:57 PM
UPDATE TO EVRY1!

u wudnt guess how many forums r discusing this.
iv searchd n this debate is evrywher

i have yet to find proof in an online bio but shall keep y'all posted!
(im jus so curious n so is tha rest of the world from wot ive seen!)

:sl: xxx :love: xxx

Shadow
10-01-2005, 12:30 AM
:omg:
akon hmmmmm
ryhmes with peanut....
no wait akon ryhmes with fake horn
and lake corn or pop corn or hop don or sop ron

see the post i just made is useless
and dont take it as an offending statement but this thread is pretty pointless too so tell me one thing
suppose if Akon is a muslim???
will tht help our imaan?
will we become super knowlegeble if we know about one celebrity?
are we gonna be filled with wisdom if we know tht Akon is muslim?

well???

think about it
we are so caught up in this material world(and its very pointless celebrities) tht we forget the real heroes of life
ppl like Sheik Ahmed Deedat
and other knowlegeble sheiks
so please lets keep this as an Islamic Forum
not a Celebrity hot gossip forum;)

thanx
and as i sed before please dont take wht i sed as offensive
thank u for taking the time to read this
peace be upon u all

:)

wasim134
10-01-2005, 11:18 AM
yeah keeep kool bout it

Bass
10-01-2005, 11:58 AM
First I thought he is a Muslim
But on second thoughts I don't think so

Allah Knows Best!!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-02-2005, 03:37 AM
[B]Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Well its' so good to say that i heard of the *Akon* a few hours ago. To be honest celebrities/singers doesn't serve any interest to me or my Deen, nor should it serve interest to any of you. But what's the big deal about to know whether he's a muslim or not?? Have you heard him saying anything good about Islaam?? Have you heard him pronouncing the Shahadah?? If he's a muslim, is singing such songs (rap) permissible in Islaam?? Subhan'Allah..Think wise Insha'Allah.. If he or anyone else accepts Islam as their religion & live the life as an ideal muslim, it's then we should be proud!

May Allah guide us all to the path that is most pleasing to Him & May He (swt) increase us in knowledge & love for His Deen, Allahummah Aameen!

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

m102313
01-14-2008, 08:49 PM

"...

wat do u fink??

Yeah i think he is a Muslim, you can see from those lyrics in the song 'senegal' and also in one of his documentaries he is praying salaat in senegal. There are many muslim rappers such as IceCube, T-Pain, Ne-Yo, Bizzy Bone, Everlast, Napolean but does this really make a difference, what actually are we gonna get, on the day of judgement it's not like they are gonna help us out or something.

Jayda
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
hola,

he is a muslim, he is also a polygamist... he has three wives. he does not discuss it very often...

que Dios te bendiga

Amadeus85
01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Akon, famous american rapper is a muslims.As Jayda said, he had more than one wife even.In interwiews he is saying that he is a muslims but maybe not practicing this faith as strict as it should be.
I think thats why you can see him in videos with half naked women.
Other famous american rappers are Mos Def and Lupe Fiasco.

m102313
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola,

he is a muslim, he is also a polygamist... he has three wives. he does not discuss it very often...

que Dios te bendiga
now where did polygamy come into this, so what if he practices polygamy, it is permitted in Islam as long as you have the money to support all your wives, and seeing that he is a very famous singer/rapper he must have a lot of money.

jzcasejz
01-14-2008, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
now where did polygamy come into this, so what if he practices polygamy, it is permitted in Islam as long as you have the money to support all your wives, and seeing that he is a very famous singer/rapper he must have a lot of money.
It is more than clear that Jayda wasn't bashing the concept of polygamy. Jayda was just mentioning it... and btw, this isn't the first Akon thread we had... so... down with it! :thumbs_do

qassy!
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Akon is of the Muslim faith, it has been reported that he is both a believer and practitioner of polygamy, though such reports are unconfirmed, as Akon has not given a straight answer to questions about the matter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akon

google is your freind!

The_Prince
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
yes, he is a Muslim.

m102313
01-14-2008, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
It is more than clear that Jayda wasn't bashing the concept of polygamy. Jayda was just mentioning it... and btw, this isn't the first Akon thread we had... so... down with it! :thumbs_do
hmm... we were discussing here whether Akon is a muslim or not, so telling me that he practices polygamy is not going to prove to me he is a muslim, because im sure Islam is not the only religion which allows polygamy.

fatima_01
01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
wow hu knew :p

aminahjaan
01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Akon knows what islam is about. But when he sings songs like "Smack that" or I wanna love your or whatever. UH, I don't think so

m102313
01-14-2008, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
Akon knows what islam is about. But when he sings songs like "Smack that" or I wanna love your or whatever. UH, I don't think so
yh that's true but i guess he's doing a better job than some of the other rappers because he owns a diamond mine, and with the money he gets from this he is sending it to a charity in senegal.

Jayda
01-15-2008, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
hmm... we were discussing here whether Akon is a muslim or not, so telling me that he practices polygamy is not going to prove to me he is a muslim, because im sure Islam is not the only religion which allows polygamy.
calm down, you're acting childish.

i included it just as an interesting factoid to further demonstrate just how private his private life is. as the other poster noted i clearly just included it for the sake of including it, much like one might mention he is a member of the kiwanis club or likes the game parchisi. Akon IS a muslim though. if you want to discuss polygamy do so in another thread, i won't join you, my mind is quite made up on the subject.

frankly, i do not understand muslims' obsession with these 'celebrity endorsements' especially a person like Akon. his songs are raunchy, he inappropriately performed a very explicit act with an underaged 14 year old girl and aside from his shameless behavior he doesn't seem to be very intelligent. he's exactly the wrong person to look up to.

que Dios te bendiga

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2008, 03:43 AM
I actually know a Muslim who has met Akon and says he is in fact Muslim, although his actions aren't exactly Muslim like. May Allah guide him if he is.

Muezzin
01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Okay, this thread is getting a little zany. We already had an Akon thread in the past that degenerated. Besides, the question the thread starter asked has been answered, and there's really nowhere else for the discussion to go.

Closing time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.