/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my best friend took the shahada

Noor
09-30-2005, 12:37 AM
My best friend took the shahada two days ago at a khalid Yassen conference on the prupose of life, mashallah he is an amazing speaker. My question or concern is that I don't know where to begin telling her about Islam...where do I start from? Should I tell her to fast during Ramadan?... I guess I know of what I could tell her but I just don't know where to begin and I really don't wanna tell her too much things too soon. Well what i'm basically saying is i'm worried I might scare her away, so please my dear brothers and sisters help me cause I truly need your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2005, 12:54 AM
:sl:

That is awesome news Mashallah. Im not sure what you should try telling her but try getting her here on LI, Inshallah she can benefit loads here :)

Safa
09-30-2005, 01:31 AM

SubhanAllah sister that's great news. That reminds me of another sister who converted after an Al-Maghrib seminar (remember we talked about it), the first thing the us sisters did was give her like a gift basket with Islamic clothing, books, cds..etc. You could something like that. Its a good idea to keep in close touch because she will have a lot of questions and needs someone to help her understand. And just provide her with good resources InshaAllah.

:w:

Ummu Amatullah
09-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Asallama Alaikum sister wow mashAllah great news well first try to answer all of her questions lol atleast be glad she first did not want to learn all about Islam then convert mashallah it is really good and everything but not when she keeps you up all night :mad: :mad: maybe I should blame her for something that happened the very next day :)(her meaning a friend of mine that recently converted). :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sayedmohammed
09-30-2005, 09:17 AM
mashallah good to hear :)

YuN
09-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Mashallah, great news to hear sister!
I think you should start off with the basics, the 5 pillars of Islam. This is important as they are the foundations of Islam. With this knowledge she will learn the how to pray and worship Allah, the very thing we are created for. The more complicated issues should come later.
Keep it up sister! :D

Lonely_Boy
09-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Asslam O Aleakum Sister

Well Masha Allah great news, may Allah bless upon her and all of us and keep us growing in iman day by day Insha Allah, Well sister as far as i know you should first teach her Prayers (Namaz) like Sanah,Surah Fatiha,Surah Ikhlas and Al-Thiyyat so she can even start prayers, as we know Prayers (Namaz) is the pillar of Deen (Islam) and then keep teaching her other things day by day may Allah help u out and give u better reward , Remember in prayers

Jazakallah
Wassalam

S_87
09-30-2005, 01:18 PM

first of all Alhumdulillah that is sooooo good!!!

well you could give her a book of islam for beginners, the five pillars of islam something like that which is very available in islamic bookstores. (i dont know about canada though :-[ )
this could teach her the fundamentals of faith inshaAllah

and mabrook to your friend. May Allah Subhana wa Ta`aala strengthen her and us all in the Deen.Ameen

heres a good site for books inshaAllah
http://www.islamicbookstore.com/books.html

Malaikah
09-30-2005, 01:21 PM
wonderful news, i guess start with the basic pillars of islam, maybe teach her to pray

Vedad
09-30-2005, 01:40 PM
salamun aleykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

go to the masjid... good choices over there... give here a book for beginners and maybe a link for lectures if she has internet?

Khojestah
09-30-2005, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
My best friend took the shahada two days ago at a khalid Yassen conference on the prupose of life, mashallah he is an amazing speaker. My question or concern is that I don't know where to begin telling her about Islam...where do I start from? Should I tell her to fast during Ramadan?... I guess I know of what I could tell her but I just don't know where to begin and I really don't wanna tell her too much things too soon. Well what i'm basically saying is i'm worried I might scare her away, so please my dear brothers and sisters help me cause I truly need your help.
Was the lecture the one in Ryerson University on Tuesday September someting and yeh that is awesome news..good for her

Bass
09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Al Hamdullilah thats very good news. I think you should first tell her about the basics. Don't make it complicated just take it step at a time. Let her get used to it or she might feel like its a burden for her and too difficult.So stick 2 basics.

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
salam
subhanallah
mashallah great to hear the news
may islam continue to grow inshallah
wasalam

Khojestah
09-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Well u could start off by teaching her.........

-five pillars of islam
-prayer
-quran
-attitude of a muslimah
-islamic manners
***and most importantly warn her against free mixing***

Sugested books
-the ideal muslimah
-the pillars of islam and iman
-Sealed nectar
-islamic manners

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 02:47 PM
salam
yes its good to start off with the basics like prayer, 5 pillars of islam and the attitude and behaviour of a muslim inshallah
wasalam

eyes_of_mine
09-30-2005, 05:38 PM
To much to soon could over whelm her, the most important thing to do prayers.
I take it her family are non muslim so she may well need support on how to deal with her familys anxietys (commn thing 4 reverts) on her becoming a muslim, so if she finds other reverts this could be handy for her also. they can exchange stratergies on that :p

Batoota
09-30-2005, 05:43 PM

Amazing! Subhan Allah!Ma sha Allah :wub:!

Why don't you just let her come on LI (like others have suggested) and hang around us....insha Allah, she'll start picking up on things....and she'll feel like she's living with a Muslim community?

and like somebody else said, focus on the 5 pillars of Ramadan!

fLoW
09-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Masha'Allah that's soooo awesome!!! i heard from my friends that someone reverted... and it's your best friend!!!!! that's so amazing Masha'Allah

u'll need a lot of patience with teaching her and answering her questions. :) don't pressure yourself too much. insha'Allah she'll learn quickly.. like how others are saying too...teach her about the 5 pillars.
may Allah reward you!

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-30-2005, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
Mashaa'Allah, this is great news! You should refer her to the material on this site as well as http://www.beconvinced.com .

You should begin by explaining the Islamic beliefs with regard to God, His Revelation, His Messengers, His Angels, the Hereafter [Day of Judgement, Paradise, Hell, relate it to the purpose in life] and perhaps the basic principle that Allah has full knowledge over all things that are to happen (1st principle of Qadar).

Explain to her some of the Islamic practices, such as the five pillars, and support her by taking her with you to future Islamic events, i.e. conferences, lectures, seminars where she will be able to get connected with the rest of the Muslim community.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.