/* */

PDA

View Full Version : History(heeeelp)Plz

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 03:28 AM
As-salaamu Alaikum,

I know you read the title...So heres the thing, I hate history, its my worst subject ever!!!!!! and i'm really failing it.....I really suck at it. I have this thing that makes me not wanna do it(Its like I dont care about dead president and what they did whatever!!!!) and my teacher told me your doing really good in all of your subjects but history...So I neeeeed some serious, serious help......What would really help is if everbody could give me all the Answers ;).

BTW that was a joke....( Hmmmmmmm......All though that would help)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Is everybody on here worse subject history???? Cause I see nooooo replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Ok back to my self(I REALLY NEED HELP)

P.S and not MENTAL help if thats what your thinkin......I'm totally natural

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2005, 06:37 AM
:w:

lol..i'll try my betst 2 help ya so wots the question sis? :)

Mainul_Islam
09-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

ok.. the answer to #1 is B, #2 is C, #3 is A, #4 is A, #5 is D ;D

ok i dont like History either... but i dont suck really bad at it. what subject do u have now? Global History? U.S. History?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ra`eesah
09-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

SubhanAllah i use to acually love history, what i hated was MATH! uff.... ok sis whats ur Q?

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 12:36 PM
salam
i hate maths and history!!!;D ;D

aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 12:48 PM
:sl:
History is cool (well, some aspects are quite interesting) and maths - oh I love those numbers - you can do so much with them.

MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 12:49 PM
salam
i think we are on opposte wavelength today i said i HATE maths and history, but you seem to like both subjects
lol
wasalam

aamirsaab
09-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, i realised that and quickly edited it. hehehe. :)

Ummu Amatullah
09-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Asallama Alaikum sister well To me it sounds as if you hate American History don't worry me too.Mostly I fall asleep in class come on like I would care one minute for some guy doing this and that.I love world history it's the absolute best American history augh.....If that's the case ask your principal to change your classes.Mine they changed alhmdullilah they didn't want me falling asleep in class so they changed it into world history.American people are nice,but the government is my problem.

S_87
09-30-2005, 01:06 PM

if i had to choose subject i like id choose history :-[

but sowwie i didnt do american history.
but whats the Q anyway?

Ra`eesah
09-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Assalamu'alaykum

i dont think changing classes will help since its a gr8 requirement to complete the course, so running away wont do much, just get it over with. it will come back again sooner or later. i remeber in High School that some seniors couldnt graduate because they didnt pass or complete 8th grade "State" history.

Ummu Amatullah
09-30-2005, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'alaykum

i dont think changing classes will help since its a gr8 requirement to complete the course, so running away wont do much, just get it over with. it will come back again sooner or later. i remeber in High School that some seniors couldnt graduate because they didnt pass or complete 8th grade "State" history.
Asallama Alaikum sister It's required to take American history,but in the first semester you could learn about it take a test then you'll get moved.I'm not advising the sister to skip American History,because of course you can't we're in America,but if she's not happy with it she could work it out with the co-director or the principal.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2005, 01:32 PM

I can honestly say i love both subjects. I used to hate maths, (i failed in 9th grade ;D;D )

But last year i had an awesome teacher who made my interest rise Alhamdullilah so now not only am i good at it i actually enjoy it.

History is fun World history that is no American, American history is THE BORINGEST subject. and Islamic history ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Zuko
09-30-2005, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

SubhanAllah i use to acually love history, what i hated was MATH! uff.... ok sis whats ur Q?
:) :thumbs_up Cool, looks we've we got something in common... Math is just plain nonsense...
U.S. History is boring, but I'm still o-k at it... But World History is just awesome, especially the history of Islam like brother ahmed said... Sad this is my last year taking world history, next year I have to take u.s. history and government!! :-\

And yeah, what's the question sis?

Halima
09-30-2005, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687

I can honestly say i love both subjects. I used to hate maths, (i failed in 9th grade ;D;D )

But last year i had an awesome teacher who made my interest rise Alhamdullilah so now not only am i good at it i actually enjoy it.

History is fun World history that is no American, American history is THE BORINGEST subject. and Islamic history ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah but in my high-school Islamic history is very limited :(
you probably might think where do I get all the Islamic resources from
thank God for the mosque around the corner ;)

Muezzin
09-30-2005, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
As-salaamu Alaikum,

I know you read the title...So heres the thing, I hate history, its my worst subject ever!!!!!! and i'm really failing it.....I really suck at it. I have this thing that makes me not wanna do it(Its like I dont care about dead president and what they did whatever!!!!) and my teacher told me your doing really good in all of your subjects but history...So I neeeeed some serious, serious help......What would really help is if everbody could give me all the Answers ;).

BTW that was a joke....( Hmmmmmmm......All though that would help)
I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but have you tried asking your teacher to help you out? :)

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Ok well I think I have American History...Dunno(thats how much I hate it) But the question is can anybody tell me about the Presidents and what they did without me having to read it....I know a lil bit about President Lincoln and that He wanted to free the slaves...I think I dunno....Oh yea I hate math tooooooo...I'm failing math and history. Last year history waz coo but now It really sucks.....And its just the beginning of the school year and i'm already gettin bad grades in histoy...Oh yea and math....Toooo :p

Zuko
09-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Ok well I think I have American History...Dunno(thats how much I hate it) But the question is can anybody tell me about the Presidents and what they did without me having to read it....
Well you'll have to do some reading whether you like it or not... I know that sucks, but I, too don't know anything about the biographies of the presidents... Hopefully this site can be of some use:

http://ap.grolier.com/browse?type=profiles#pres

*EDIT:

Click either of the colored buttons next to the names (only one button) and you'll get their bio's...

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks...

Halima
09-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Ok well I think I have American History...Dunno(thats how much I hate it) But the question is can anybody tell me about the Presidents and what they did without me having to read it....I know a lil bit about President Lincoln and that He wanted to free the slaves...I think I dunno....Oh yea I hate math tooooooo...I'm failing math and history. Last year history waz coo but now It really sucks.....And its just the beginning of the school year and i'm already gettin bad grades in histoy...Oh yea and math....Toooo :p

President Lincoln was the 1st president to free black slaves. If you notice on the penny, Lincoln's face is turned left from all of the other presidents simply because he freed the african-americans. A commoner had rebelled against Lincoln and they have assasinated him because of Lincoln's cause to free the black people. Civil war had broke out during Lincoln's presidency which divided the U.S into two sections. The Union and confederates. The north was the union and the South was the confederates. In the south there were no free states as opposed to the north. In the north unquestionably there was racism however it was the north that was considered as the free side.

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
President Lincoln was the 1st president to free black slaves. If you notice on the penny, Lincoln's face is turned left from all of the other presidents simply because he freed the african-americans. A commoner had rebelled against Lincoln and they have assasinated him because of Lincoln's cause to free the black people. Civil war had broke out during Lincoln's presidency which divided the U.S into two sections. The Union and confederates. The north was the union and the South was the confederates. In the south there were no free states as opposed to the north. In the north unquestionably there was racism however it was the north that was considered as the free side.
Woow.....Thanks

onemuslima
10-01-2005, 08:52 AM
salam
history may not be the best topic in the world, but it's not considered hard cause u can always find straight forward answers unlike math.

Mainul_Islam
10-01-2005, 01:39 PM
noooooo....

in history u gotta memorize the answers to know them

in math, u just gotta have logic and know how to do them ;)

Muezzin
10-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Seeing as I live in the UK, I've never done American history. However, Wikipedia might be able to help. Search for 'American presidents' and see what comes up. :)

Bass
10-01-2005, 03:04 PM
I can offer help on any subjects except HISTORY

baby_muslimah15
10-01-2005, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bass
I can offer help on any subjects except HISTORY
Lool ;D thats what I need help in....Can u offer help in math????

Halima
10-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I would think that math is far much easier because there is either a right or wrong answer ;)

minaz
10-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Lol i'm just kinda starting my histroy degree tommorow for the next 3 YEARS! Why does everyone hate history I LOVE IT! And American history is the best! Lol too many ppl on thiS forum like maths and sciences I hate them subjects, yuk GEEKS! Anywho baby_muslimah15, I did Irish history for a whole year and nothing is worse than that! Just hang in there I hated history at one time (yeh sounds kinda blasphemous init), but trust me you'll love it as time goes on.
Need any help just ask

Rima
10-02-2005, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i hate maths and history!!!;D ;D
my favorite subjects ...

where is the question anyway ?

Zuko
10-02-2005, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rima
my favorite subjects ...

where is the question anyway ?
Please refer to this post:

Ok well I think I have American History...Dunno(thats how much I hate it) But the question is can anybody tell me about the Presidents and what they did without me having to read it....I know a lil bit about President Lincoln and that He wanted to free the slaves...I think I dunno....
:)

Rima
10-02-2005, 12:04 PM
start with presedent Truman and Hiroshima

minaz
10-02-2005, 02:49 PM
that's modern history, I reckon baby_muslimah15 is looking from 1776. Yes what exactly is the question?

Zuko
10-02-2005, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
that's modern history, I reckon baby_muslimah15 is looking from 1776. Yes what exactly is the question?
Oi vey....

baby_muslimah15
10-02-2005, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Lol i'm just kinda starting my histroy degree tommorow for the next 3 YEARS! Why does everyone hate history I LOVE IT! And American history is the best! Lol too many ppl on thiS forum like maths and sciences I hate them subjects, yuk GEEKS! Anywho baby_muslimah15, I did Irish history for a whole year and nothing is worse than that! Just hang in there I hated history at one time (yeh sounds kinda blasphemous init), but trust me you'll love it as time goes on.
Need any help just ask
OMG :omg: Irish history, I never knew they even had that!!!! I thought it was just all about the americans, well I need alot of help, starting with the basic presidents and what they did.....Then I need to know about the Emnicaptaion Proclamation however u spell it and how it helped the slave...And how were the women treated...And did people agree with the Emnicapation Proclamation.......And then my teacher wants me to read like pages 166- 176 sometimes more....(Dont get me wrong I love to read)not just boring stuff, then if I do read all those pages I forget what I read before that....Sooooo if anybody can help then...........WoooooooooW

P.S can anybody just fax me the work and I just give it to my teacher(btw) you gotta write kinda messy.........................................Just Joking :p

theprince786
11-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Now I'm not a nerd or nething, but History is like my best subject and stuff, and Math is my favorite.... I'm in ninth grade world history so if you need help with that stuff ask me.... I'm good at math too but NOT at algebra I don't know why. so yea.... u didnt need to know that.....ne help, ask me.

*charisma*
11-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

The Emancipation Proclamation was an executive order issued by Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863, freeing the slaves in all regions in the rebellion agains the Union.

As the South struggled in vain to gain foreign recogniition, abolitionist feeling grew in the NOrth. although Lincoln disliked slaver, he did not believe that the federal government had the power to abolish it where it already existed. Lincoln stated, "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy Slavery."

As the war progressed, however, LIncoln did find a way to use his constitutional war power to end slavery. The Confederacy used the labor of slaves to build fortifications and grow food. Lincoln's powers as commander in chief allowed him to order his troops in seize enemy resources. Therefore, he decided that, just as he could order the Union army to take the Confederate supplies, he could authorize the army to emancipate slaves. emancipation was not just amoral issue; it became a weapon of war.

The following portion captured nation attention:

FROM THE EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION

I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within these said designated States and parts of States are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons.

And I hereby enjoin upon the people so declared to be free, to abstain from all violence, unless in necessary self-defence, and I recommend to them, that in all cases, when allowed, they labor faithfully for reasonable wages.

And I further declare and make known that such persons of suitable condition will be recieved into the armed service of the United staes to garrison forts, positions, stations, and other places, and to man vessel of all sorts in said service.

And upon this, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgement of mankind and the gracious favor of Almight God.- Abraham Lincoln

i hope this helped you inshallah
yes i typed it all out *now im gonna get carpaltunnel lol, j/k*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
p.s abolition means the prohibition of slavery

*charisma*
11-19-2005, 03:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

ok thats nice, i just realized this thread was from A MONTH AGO!
im gonna go cry now

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.