/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will you give up this forum in ramadan?

ummbilal
09-30-2005, 01:44 PM
salaam alakum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu

dear brothers and sisters,

I was wondering will you give this forum a break during ramadan?

I find it addictive so will be giving it a break so that i can spend more time worshipping Allah inshaallah,
having said that i am a very busy person with little free time,

how does everyone else manage to get everything done during ramadan??

inshaallah Allah will accept our deeds and forgive our sins.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2005, 01:46 PM
:sl:

No, Ill be here from time to time though the internet wil be a low priority, i will come here to comment on the Taraweeh slahs from Makkah :) and to just post when im free from everything.

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2005, 01:48 PM
it is very addcitive yes i agree but i will insha Allah limit myself 2 how long i can b on the forum insha Allah :)

Ummu Amatullah
09-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Asallama Alaikum well for us it's not Ramadan yet,Insh'Allah it's going to begin on Monday or Sunday,but I think I'll avoid some sections of the forum.Not the whole forum just sections of the forum.Like general chat(way too much gender mixing) and etc..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
09-30-2005, 02:41 PM
salam
i hope the mods make some sort of restrictions during ramadhan because the last thing i want is the pages to reach so much that i can't catch up, maybe some threads should be closed temporarily and some left opened
wasalam

the1andonlyomar
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Salaams...
I've only just arrived here, but will definitely be giving the forums a break inshallah to pray quran, worship allah etc and make the most of the blessed month of ramadhan... but may try to come on in the evenings.....
Wslms...

Halima
09-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Salaam,

Since I'm spending all my time at the mosque..then I probably won't be around here that much, I'll just to checking in from time to time inshallah

wasalaam

ishkabab
09-30-2005, 08:57 PM
yeh i wont be goin online n on the computer this whole Ramadan....it just distracts u from this sacred month...i will inshallah be doin MoRE IBADAAT and zikr.....i hope inshallah u guys will too!!.........
see u after RAMADAN inshallah!!!!!!!!!

early: EID MUBARUK!!!! :alright: :wilted_ro :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Samee
09-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Isn't this the forum of Allah? The place where we all come to learn and talk about Islam?

I for one will spend more time here during Ramadan...

Arwa
09-30-2005, 09:01 PM

Yeah, I will cut down most likely. :)

Umm Yoosuf
09-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Since its an islamic forum and we benefit from here alot, i don't think i entirly give up! I'll drop in from time to time insha Allah.

baby_muslimah15
09-30-2005, 09:13 PM
This forum is very addictive.......Hmmmmmm well I give up this forum, I think I will give it a break..But I well still come on sometimez just toooo see whats new :p

ummbilal
10-01-2005, 01:46 AM
this forum has much good for the muslims, ie info for converts and muslims coming back to the deen, a halal forum rather than chatting about dunya topics eg computer games etc.. on other forums.

however i know i spend way tooo much time on it!!

so i will be cutting down inshaallah.
though i may pop on to ask the odd question inshaallah

ramadan starts on 4th or 5th october inshaallah depending on moon sightings, so thats tues or wed i think.

inshaallah Allah will accept our good deeds and increace our imman.

A7med
10-01-2005, 06:00 AM

i dont think i will be active on the forum during RAMADHAN :'( :'(

:w:

nikki
10-01-2005, 09:12 PM
:sl: :brother: s and :sister: s

yes i agree i shall cut down to a couple of times a wk probly!
altho i am new to all this so may jus need to keep coming on 4 advice!!!!
insha'Allah we all benefit during this blessed month

xxx

minaz
10-02-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm 50:50 to be honest. Sarting university tommorow (lol one/two day(s) before ramadaan an all!), not been in education since May and I joinned this forum in May! So LI has gotten me through this Summer "doss" and I am very pleased I became a member. Anywho I'm sure during this month I will come across more Islamic things outside of my Pc monitor so as stated in previous posts in this thread, I may need to come back for further analysis.
LI - THE BEST FORUM IN THE WORLD!

Rima
10-02-2005, 11:53 AM
it seems I have to give up this forum if they don`t give a full member status , I mean I cann`t just post non sense and chit chats just to have 50 posts

selam

Malaikah
10-02-2005, 12:04 PM
i dont see the difference between visting during remadan and when it isnt ramadan.. its not the only month we worship in.. arent we meant to learn to carry the habits we elarn in ramadan over to the rest of the year?

Labaik Ya Allah
10-02-2005, 01:36 PM
i wont spend a lot of time here but i will be here in the crowd

MetSudaisTwice
10-03-2005, 01:43 PM
salam
i will be online during college time but i still think some threads or most threads should be temporarily closed down to stop it from expanding too much and too fast
wasalam

Desai
10-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I may browse through it while im at work.......but insha'allah spend the limited, quality time in seeking allah's (swt) pleasure

MetSudaisTwice
10-03-2005, 01:52 PM
salam
yeah thats true, most people would limit the time spent here and focus on gaining rewards in the blessed month inshallah
wasalam

Desai
10-03-2005, 01:58 PM
you met ss at your school, was this in 1999 in manchester if not when? I dont think ss has been to the UK after that or has he? (to metsudaistwice)

MetSudaisTwice
10-03-2005, 02:02 PM
salam
i don't know when SS came to UK, i heard he came manchester in 99, you got any pics or articles of his visit in manchester?
bro i met Sudais when he came to my bro school in 2003 and 2004, it was an awsome expereince to be in the company of such a great imam, mashallah always smiling and joking
wasalam

Desai
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM
yes it's a pleasure to be with sudais, he recited the qur'an for a huge gathering. He stayed in Preston and was called here by the bhailoks from preston.

MetSudaisTwice
10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
salam
you had any expereince of meeting Shuraim? you have any pics or articles?
reply in imam of haram thread
wasalam

Muezzin
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
:lol:

If i cud, i wud close the MARRIAGE SECTION for some time ;)
Close it forever, it wouldn't be missed. ;) :p

MetSudaisTwice
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
salam
lol bro muezzin
wasalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Close it forever, it wouldn't be missed. ;) :p

Agreed, too much free mixing going on in the there if you ask me, :lol: I wudnt mind if it was closed down :lol:

ummbilal
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
its fine and fun, if you can have some self control, that goes for bro s and sistas too

Danish
10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
salaam alakum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu

dear brothers and sisters,

I was wondering will you give this forum a break during ramadan?

I find it addictive so will be giving it a break so that i can spend more time worshipping Allah inshaallah,
having said that i am a very busy person with little free time,

how does everyone else manage to get everything done during ramadan??

inshaallah Allah will accept our deeds and forgive our sins.
:ws:
alhamdulillah, i have managed to excercise some self-restraint and i no longer spend as much time as i used to. Inshallah during Ramadhan and henceforth i will try to steer my time into more useful activities..

ola
10-04-2005, 12:02 PM
ALSALAM ALEKOM brother
ive been told 2 worship god and keep it 4 limited times on this addictive forum RAMADAN MUBARAJ by the way
:love: :wilted_ro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.