/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity for Muslimahs to participate in dawah project

UmmRashid
09-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

There is no doubt that one of the biggest criticisms of Islam is the claim that Islam oppresses women. I am currently putting together a book where a group of intelligent Muslim women from all over the world could share their stories and challenge this perception which is based on falsehood. The stories included would be a bit like revert stories but for both reverts and those who have grown up in Muslim households, with the central theme being why we all chose Islam as our way of life. We could have taken the easy way out and been Muslim by name and essentially lived a western lifestyle as some people have chosen to do, but we have strived, made some sacrifices, and put up with a lot to try to follow this beautiful deen of ours and live life as Allah has intended for us. People wonder why we do this, and this is a great opportunity to tell them! It is also a great opportunity to show them that we have made this choice based on intellectual reasoning, and that we are not merely obeying or following the whims and desires of the men in our lives. The book will be specifically targeted to non-muslims, and it will be our aim to quash the stereotypes and misinformation that is out there about us. For far too long we have let others speak for us, telling us what we think, how we feel, and why we live as we do - it is time for us to reclaim our voices.

Insha’allah I am calling for sisters to contribute their stories. I have included below some questions which the stories can roughly revolve around, however, it is not necessary that they all be answered, and if you would like to delve outside the provided questions you may do so, provided of course that the story does not get too off track. I will not impose a word limit at this stage as I do not want people to leave out information that may be important and/or beneficial. However, I am also looking for the stories to be succinct.

The questions are as follows:

What has attracted you to Islam?
Why do you think Islam is the truth?
Why have you chosen to be a Muslim?
Why have you chosen Islam as your way of life?
What do you think Islam has to offer women?
How do you feel Islam has elevated the status of women?
What do you love about being a Muslim woman?
What challenges and obstacles have you faced as a Muslim woman who has chosen to practice Islam?
What incorrect assumptions have people made about you because you are a Muslim woman?

This is not a money making venture, it is a dawah project and any proceeds will be used to distribute the books to public libraries and if there is money left over it will go to charity insha’allah. The ultimate aim of the project will be gain the pleasure of Allah swt, and insha’allah the rewards received from Allah will be far greater than any monetary reward could be.

If you are interested in contributing your story or would like further information please email me on ummrashid@gmail.com for further details. I am looking for a cross range of people, so if you have a background or experience that is quite unique, or have held prestigious positions I particularly urge you to contribute.

JazakAllah Kheir,
Umm Rashid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuko
09-30-2005, 06:48 PM
:sl:

Can't wait until you publish that book... I'm eager to read it! May Allah reard you and lets hope that book can put an end to certain stereotypes people have about muslim women... :sister:

:w:

UmmRashid
10-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Jazakallah kheir sis. However before i publish i need some more contributors insha'allah ;)

UmmRashid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.