/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't Miss your Sunnah Salaat!

mmc
01-12-2005, 01:12 PM
:SL:

i seen many times, lot of peoples only pray fard prayers not sunah and others why do they do that? i agree sometime they must be busy or any other work but lot of people just prayers fardh and thats it. do sunah has no meaning? is it not imporant? i mean its sunah is not complusary but if you pray you get rewards but still you have to pray.

this needs to be taken seriously ppl missing out basic stuff

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Assalam alaikum,

I agree totally. Allah (SWT) and the noble prophet (SAAS) showed us how to pray Namaz. It is not for us or anyone else to go changing that to suit ourselves. This life is just a test. In the next life we will be rewarded for all the good things we have done. Who are we trying to please more, the tv show you're about to miss if you don't hurry up? Your boss? Or Allah (SWT)? Sometimes when doing a deed we should stop for a moment to see the bigger picture.

May Allah (SWT) reward his loyal servants.

Wassalaam

Umm Yoosuf
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Subhanallah i know what you mean brother indeed the sunnah prayers prefect our prayers (correct me if im wrong). Since we are on the subject of salaat. Is it a compulsory for brothers to offer the 5 daily prayers in the masjid???

aamirsaab
01-12-2005, 08:07 PM
im not sure about compulsory namaaz in the masjid - all i have been told is that muslims should pray 5 times a day - i was never specified a building or anything.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
01-12-2005, 08:44 PM
hmmmmm ok brother.

Uthman
01-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Assalam alaikum,

Well I'm sure I've heard somewhere or read that a boy after the age of 10 (or 12 not sure) that it is compulsory for them to go to the masjid for namaz. I'll try to clarify a source and it's authenticity later. :)

Sheikh Haroon
01-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Salaam.

Yes i agree with Hash. Once Abu Bakr (r.a) said that "if they knew how blessed the congregational prayer was, they would crawl on their elbows and knees to make it on time." So u can see how important it is.

MMC, the query you raised about sunnah is pretty simple. Allah does say that on that day the subregatory prayers will be used if there are enough obligatory prayers, i.e. every fardh salaah we've missed, can be compensated and accounted for by a sunnah or a nawafil salaah. That is why they should be read. However, to omit them is allowed as well. Highly recommended though.

Sheikh Haroon
01-29-2005, 01:46 PM
We're lucky in our place of study, we have our islamic room, and we spend all of our time there, its wicked!

Sheikh Haroon
01-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Lol! InshaAllah bro!

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-30-2005, 05:16 PM
:sl:
Consider these as our lines of defence against Satan. If we pray everything down to the Nafil, then even if Satan makes us miss our Nafil or leave them, we still have the Sunnah.

If he makes us miss those, we still have the Wajib.

If he makes us miss those we still have the Fard.

But if he makes us miss those than we are no longer practicing Islam.

So just like an army commander would go into battel fully prepared with many lines of defence, so do we battle against Satan the deciever with our deeds. The more lines of defence the better.

:w:

Uthman
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Alhamdulillah! That was an explanation and a half! Rep point, check!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.