/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Days

Batoota
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
:sl:
*Disclaimer: i posted this already on IF- so you don't have to re-read it again if you read it there :thumbs_up *
Subhan Allah, this week (not even the whole week) has been a real eye opener. I thought I'd share it with you guys- maybe we can all learn a lesson from it. I know i did!

It started off with me waking up early morning, getting ready to go on the bus. Mind you, the bus comes at 7:00 so- I usually wake up at 6:30 (*pretty fast at organizing myself*). All of a sudden, even though i woke up, my mom decides we're not going by bus and instead, she'll drive us. I was irritated that i had actually woken up early....

so when we reached school, i was complaining and everything....

after a while, a friend came and i saw she was crying. I had no idea what was wrong, and nothing serious entered my mind...so i went up to her and found out she was crying because her grandfather (Allah yarhamoo) had passed away.

And there i was making such a big deal about waking up early. At least I did wake up- at least, i was alive!

But Subhan Allah, how different her day began from mine...early the night before, my aunt called and told us my cousin had a baby girl . That was the other eye opener. You don't know what's going on in your friend's life....you may be having a really happy day, and she's actually having a very "sad" day....

The next surprise came actually from the forum IF. First emel's uncle ( I believe emel is also a member here but under the name asmauk) was diagnosed with colon cancer. Please make dua for him. If you're on IF this is the link"
http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=19871

La hawla wa la quowata illah billah. During the school week, I often complain about all the tests and the stress- but what about those who are really struggling? Is getting a bad mark on a math quiz really the end of the day?

Soon after, another on IF named Lost Forever made a dua request for a friend (Allah yarhamoo), please check this out:

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=19910

He died (Allah yarhamoo) before Ramadan started. What made me so sure that I was going to live to see Ramadan and Eid?

A few days later I actualy lived one of my nightmares. I am scared of cats. I once had a nightmare after falling asleep to the sound of a cat fight in which a cat like....I can't remember...but it terrified me.

As it was, on Wed. I went to the park (swings) in my compound. It was late- around 10:30 and we saw only two kids there (me and my twin). The kids decided to hang out with us....

Pretty soon this cat came and i started to get a bit panicky because it looked like it was following us. One of the kids got curious over the cat and she went over to it- i told her to stay away because you never know what a stray cat carries with it- she didn't listen. She went over, and then bored, left the cat...then the cat started following us. Not in a purrrrr way. I mean she was like "pouncing on us". She started running and i got scared so i started walking fast with the kids...and then she came charging at us, and the weirdest/scariest thing happened.

Her eyes flashed red.

I'm not kidding.

Even the kid noticed it.

*continued*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Batoota
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
AT this point i was so0o scared. I grabbed the kid's hand and started running like heck. The kid was a bit chubby and she was getting tired, but the cat was still chasing us madly even though we'd ran like 2 blocks- we started almost zigzagging not running straight so she wouldn't find us the cat and then finaly............we couldn't see her anymore.

while we we running we passed a person (finally) and i think they were laughing. They had no idea we were so0o terrified...but alas, the freaky cat was gone..

The only problem was we had last spotted her near on the kid's houses. All of us were to scared to walk back to the house *where the hidden mad cat might be*, so we just walked to my house instead *since we were so close to it by now*. I thought i'd ask my big sister to drive the girl back home, but then Alhamdillah- my mom came driving right at that moment. Exactly! WE got into the car, she drove the kid home, and it was much better cause mommy was there.

So to me that was very scary.....until ...the next day.

The next day, thursday, i went over to my friend's house...It was a bunch of us and we were making noise. I asked her if we were bugging her mom. And she was like " no my mom isn't here. She's at the hospital". I couldn't believe it. She was going to check out if she had an ear tumor. My friend assured me that it wasn't a big deal, they were sure it wasn't.

Probably less than an hour later, her mom came back and she told her daughter it was confirmed that she did have a tumor but that it was benign. I couldn't believe it. Here we were- planning the whole school week to have fun in the weekend- and then.....we're at her house and her mom is diagnosed.

The scariest part for me was that i knew her brother (Allah yarhamoo) had passed away from a tumor in his stomach.

After i left her house, i had to go to my neighbor's house cause she had invited me a week ago- since she finally got her masters....

so i went...

and i realized that we all have so many different events happen around us:

a friend's mom is ill, another friend is celebrating her masters, a baby is born, a friend is grieving over the loss of her grandpa, i get scared from a cat, a friend's friend doesn't live to see Ramadan.

So if we could all just take a moment and think the next time something happens: was that the worst thing that could happen? How bad was it? Is it the end of the world? Just because i had a good day, does it mean my friend did too? The world doesn’t' revolve around us today? Who can we help out today? Who needs our dua's today? T

May Allah help us ALL! *May He be merciful with all the Muslims, the living and the ones who passed away.*

:w:

- Qatada -
10-02-2005, 05:56 PM
subhan Allah! soo much can happen within a week and we think we gona live forever.. thats what most people think and think that its the other person thats 'goin to die'.. little do they know that they may be 'that person'. we could be gone by tomorrow..

i've read a saying by someone and they say somethin similar to:

when you were born everyone was smiling while you were crying.. but when you die - make sure your the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

we have to work hard and pray for all our muslim ummah including us so we can enter jannah al fardaus.. we only die once - so lets die for Allah (swt)'s sake.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Batoota
10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
:sl:

subhan Allah! soo much can happen within a week and we think we gona live forever.. thats what most people think and think that its the other person thats 'goin to die'.. little do they know that they may be 'that person'. we could be gone by tomorrow..
I wanted to give you rep points for that but it said i have to pass it along. :i: later :Thumbs_up !

Jazak Allah koli khair!

we have to work hard and pray for all our muslim ummah including us so we can enter jannah al fardaus.. we only die once - so lets die for Allah (swt)'s sake.
ameeeeen!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ishkabab
10-03-2005, 06:43 PM
AMAAL.....we need to fix our amaal.....set aside this world n pack for the hereafter.....
we do not believe it but any second Allah can take us with his will.....Allahu Akbar!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.