/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Moon Has Been Sighted

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
As-salaamu Alaikum. :love:

For those of you who do not no or may already no(this is just a reminder)...The moon has been sighted Masha'Allah, so we pray Taraweeh prayer tonight and fast 2morrow I found out through my friend who is Over Seas....So Insha'Allah may our fast be accepted and may it increase us in our deen ;)

Walaikum Salaam :love:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samee
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
:sl:

We live in America. So, our Ramadan starts on Wednesday. I don't think it is permissible for us to follow Saudi Arabia's moon sighting when we have our own moon sighting.

Think of it this way. 700 years ago, did people in Canada look at their moon or did they send boats to Saudi asking them when they do their Ramadan?

Look at your own moon.

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 07:20 PM
No everybody said the moon has been sighted.......If you dont think so then ok....... But i'm just telling people what I heard ok........*pe@ce*

Protected_Diamond
10-03-2005, 07:30 PM
asalamualykum warahmatulahi wabarakathu

wipeee!!!..yeah the imaan has just comfirmed it here...whoaaaa ramaadaan mubarak every1!!!!

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarkathu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
10-04-2005, 05:54 AM

Ramadan Mubarak everyone......

moon has been sighted here :D

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Yes indeed its ramadan. Thanks to load islam for the beautiful email masha Allah.

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 09:43 AM
salam
i live in UK and my mosque has said they could not sight the moon and it could not be seen in the UK horizon
so that means we fast tomorrow
wasalam

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Really wat part of the Uk do you live? Here in london we are fasting....

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 09:49 AM
salam
i live in south london in croydon
wasalam

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Thats unbelieverable! How comes? I don't understand!

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 09:55 AM
salam
our imam, he said two days ago as a warning that we will follow the hadith and not Saudi so when yesterday came he said you could not see the moon on the UK horizon and that means fasting is on wednesday
and boy did that create chaoes, everyone started shouting as to why he always has different opinions to others because last eid there was a debate as he said it was on a friday and everyone did eid on thursday, and it turned out that our imam was right and eid was really on thursday
he said the most mosques in UK are fasting today because the imams were overpowered by their own community
wasalam

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 09:56 AM
I see.

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:00 AM
salam
then after that sheikh qasim comes in and explains to the mosque about the reasons to fasting on wednesday, and there was no shouting at him because he was the previous imam for many years at our mosque and people respect him a lot. they knew he was a great alim and ulama unlike the current imam who people think he is too controversial
you probably have seen sheikh imam qasim on islam channel presenting pearls of knowledge and the other day he presented live niger appeal
wasalam

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Nope i don't watch islam channel. Subhanallah...so other masjids are following saudi and not the hadiths :(...imam qasim did write a book called "Du'a the weapon of the believer"...?

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:11 AM
salam
can you tell me where i can find info on that book via the internet? i think you got the wrong imam qasim
wasalam

Danish
10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
my mosque says fasting starts on thusday, and taraweeh on wednesday

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
salam
bro why is it so late for you? but i guess you have to follow your mosque
wasalam

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
thats the book i was talking about

http://islamicbookstore.com/b7030.html

But looking at the name of the writer of the book.....i can see its not him...

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:17 AM
salam
no sis it isn't him, i know he hasn't published any books
here is his school site
www.alkhair.org.uk
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
salam
thats what i thought, people would think that he lives in other country apart from UK
wasalam

Ummu Amatullah
10-04-2005, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiullah

We live in America. So, our Ramadan starts on Wednesday.
Asallama Alaikum brother no,actually it's on Tuesday.Ramadan Mubarak everyone. :D :)

- Qatada -
10-04-2005, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i live in UK and my mosque has said they could not sight the moon and it could not be seen in the UK horizon
so that means we fast tomorrow
wasalam
wa 'alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeh same ere bro.. we got ramadhan tomorrow. its really anoyin tho cz all the masjidz disagree and then it leads to people havin eidz on separate dayz..

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:42 AM
salam
yeah i don't like it when we are doing importants events on seperate days, i feel as if we are isolated
wasalam

Zuko
10-04-2005, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
Asallama Alaikum brother no,actually it's on Tuesday.Ramadan Mubarak everyone. :D :)
Actually, no, as said by Shura Council of N. America, ICNA, ISNA and the Fiqh Council of N. America:

www.icna.com
www.isna.org
http://www.lansingislam.com/index.htm
http://www.ing.org/speakers/subpage....m=22&pagenum=4

The position taken by the Islamic Shura Council of North America is: A CONFIRMED CRESCENT SIGHTING REPORT IN NORTH AMERICA WILL BE ACCEPTED AS LONG AS SUCH A REPORT DOES NOT CONTRADICT INDISPUTABLE ASTRONOMICAL INFORMATION.

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:53 AM
salam
mashallah your city is united
my mosque is divided and many people do their own things, it all went wrong as soon as sheikh qasim went to al khair to be the imam there
wasalam

Ummu Amatullah
10-04-2005, 10:53 AM
salam
yeah i don't like it when we are doing importants events on seperate days, i feel as if we are isolated
wasalam
Asallama Alaikum I remember that happened last year.Some people had eid on Thursday and the rest Friday.Since some people beleived Eid was on Friday they thought it was a sign of judgement.Really funny how people could so easily add things to the religion. :mad: :-[

Zuko
10-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Its a shame alot of people are fasting today here in america.... there was no moon to see last night....

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 10:56 AM
salam
yeah its sad to see so much divisions among muslims in their countries
wasalam

Ummu Amatullah
10-04-2005, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Its a shame alot of people are fasting today here in america.... there was no moon to see last night....
Sister the people at Saudi Arabia sighted the moon so I guess it's time for Ramadan Wasallam.

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
salam
that is what our imam said, just because saudi is doing taraweeh yesterday doesn't mean we have to do it as well, he said we won't follow saudi we will follow the hadith of our Prophet SAW
so i guess he thinks saudi didnt follow the hadith?
wasalam

Ummu Amatullah
10-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Actually, no, as said by Shura Council of N. America, ICNA, ISNA and the Fiqh Council of N. America:
That's so confusing I had the calendar which clearly read,"Tuesday."Man humans these days. :mad:Zak why did you still my old siggy?Give back my Ramadan Mubarak flower :mad:

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 11:10 AM
salam
i guess our imam never sighted the moon so it isn't ramadhan for us and we will fast tomorrow
the only reason why there was chaos is because the community was angry as to why we are not following saudi so shiekh qasim said it is two different contries and if one country sights the moon it doesn't mean ramadhan for the whole world
wasalam

Ummu Amatullah
10-04-2005, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
see the image location !
its on the LI server !
n so a LI staff can use it ;)

:offtopic:
So I guess you all deserve the blame :p :p :p :p You shouldn't be going around doing stuff like that to other members very mean. :mad: Kidding please forgive me.Wasallam.

Ummu Amatullah
10-04-2005, 11:15 AM
salam
i guess our imam never sighted the moon so it isn't ramadhan for us and we will fast tomorrow
the only reason why there was chaos is because the community was angry as to why we are not following saudi so shiekh qasim said it is two different contries and if one country sights the moon it doesn't mean ramadhan for the whole world
wasalam
Sheik Qasim cool I was listening/watching to him and Zakir Nakir I think he was interviewing him or something not sure,but mash'Allah.You're lucky. :thumbs_up :D

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 11:18 AM
salam
jazakallah am lucky to have him as an imam and a close friend of mine
mashallah a great imam who is really close to SAS
wasalam

halupalu
10-04-2005, 04:21 PM
im glad its ramadhan finally

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-04-2005, 04:21 PM

The moon was NOT sighted anywhere in north America. PLease check following links for confirmation Inshallah:

http://www.isna.net/

http://www.icna.org/

Inshallah the first of ramadan is Wednesday October 5th 2005. Tonight is the first Taraweeh Inshallah.

:w:

waji
10-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Aslam u Alikum
the moon hasn't sighted here in Pakistan so the 1 Ramadan is on thursday 6 oct
but in saudia arab 1 Ramadan is on 4 oct
i pray this ramadan brings happiness to all muslims
Walikum as Salam

waji
10-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Aslam u Alikum
The moon hasn't sighted in Pakistan so the Ramadan is from 6 of oct
Walikum as Salam

- Qatada -
10-04-2005, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas
Aslam u Alikum
the moon hasn't sighted here in Pakistan so the 1 Ramadan is on thursday 6 oct
but in saudia arab 1 Ramadan is on 4 oct
i pray this ramadan brings happiness to all muslims
Walikum as Salam
ameeeen.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

waji
10-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Asalam u Alikum
brother Zak it nice to know that ur from India
Walikum as salam

Protected_Diamond
10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

most people in college are fasting tomorrow insha Allah which is a shame beacuse that means we will be celebrating eid on different days...AGAIN!!

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Zuko
10-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Man, Ramadan is supposed to make me happy, but whenever it comes around, all I get are racist remarks and weirdos saying stuff like: "If anyone sees the moon, anywhere in the world, then everyone everywhere has to fast no matter what" What am I supposed to do? I have one side saying I'm right in not fasting, and one side saying I should fast today... I mean, ISNA, ICNA, and people all over n. america are fasting tomorrow, why is there such a big controversy?

Protected_Diamond
10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Man, Ramadan is supposed to make me happy, but whenever it comes around, all I get are racist remarks and weirdos saying stuff like: "If anyone sees the moon, anywhere in the world, then everyone everywhere has to fast no matter what" What am I supposed to do? I have one side saying I'm right in not fasting, and one side saying I should fast today... I mean, ISNA, ICNA, and people all over n. america are fasting tomorrow, why is there such a big controversy?

I know exactly how you feel,iss the same 4 me...but we cant do nuthing except follow our imaans...

walakumasalam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Zuko
10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~

I know exactly how you feel,iss the same 4 me...but we cant do nuthing except follow our imaans...

walakumasalam warhmatulahi wabarakthu
True.... In case some of us were wrong, hopefully Allaah will forgive us...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.