/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Time

Uma Rayanah
01-13-2005, 12:44 PM
:sl:

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

This is a story to remind us insallah sisters and brothers

Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion. Indeed, fatigue for his sake is rest.

There were many waiting…perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I took my number and sat down in the waiting room. There were many faces, young and old, but all silent. Some brothers made use of the many booklets available in the waiting room.

Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking around. Most were bored. Once in a while the long silence was broken by a nurse calling out a number. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is, and he gets up quickly…then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Qur`an continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time.

One hour of life wasted! Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the hospital’s mosque. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the Qur`an earlier in the waiting room. After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time.

He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur`an around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur`an than he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Qur`an, this habit saves him from boredom and stress. He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours.

Then he asked, “when will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur`an?”

I reflected…how much time do we waste?

How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by?

Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur`an?

I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand…so what am I waiting for?

My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse calling out my number…I went to the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Qur`an. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time. That was my intention when I put that Qur`an in my pocket.

How many people will do this?

And what great reward is for the one who guides others to this idea?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
03-18-2005, 05:38 PM
oh MasahAllah
thats so gud..
InshaAllah i hope all of us try to get that.

WomanOfJihad
03-18-2005, 05:39 PM

SubhanAllah .. great post .. :thumbs_up

i just Heard a bayaan today in Jumu'ah .. on How we seem to waste our time .. it was said .. we have so much time in our handss . yet we dnt appreciate it infact we say " we dont have anything to do for time pass, the time is goin verry slow* infact this shud be a GREAT ne3mat (blessings) for us to have TIMEE .. so that we can spend thattime in Gaining rewaards from Allah swt by reciting Quran or doin Dhikr .. EVERY single SEcond cOUNts in our life .. but nowadays SubhanAllah we spend time in Useless stuff .. such as Gosssips, sitting in such gatherings which wudnt benefit us but infact end up doin bakbitings, discusing Politics n we wud waste so much time in that .. we talk abt afghanistan n palestine etc .. but nothing is gonna change over there by us going on n on about it . and even the INTERNET thats the biggest waste of time :-[ :-[ .. so we shud inshallah think how we can spend time in something Which Allah swt will reward us for it inshallah ...

:w:

swanlake
03-18-2005, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash

I have the qur'aan on my phone.

I try to read AS MUCH as possible outside or werever i am.

I advise all brothers if you have phones, get the qur'aan on there, if you dont have phones then get the pocket qur'aans.

How do you put the quran in your phone?? I didnt know it was possible.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
WomanOfJihad
03-18-2005, 05:42 PM

I advise all brothers if you have phones, get the qur'aan on there, if you dont have phones then get the pocket qur'aans.

hmm.. so isthe Advice only for the Brothers.. cant sisters do that as well ???

swanlake
03-18-2005, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

i just Heard a bayaan today in Jumu'ah .. on How we seem to waste our time .. it was said .. we have so much time in our handss . yet we dnt appreciate it infact we say " we dont have anything to do for time pass, the time is goin verry slow* infact this shud be a GREAT ne3mat (blessings) for us to have TIMEE .. so that we can spend thattime in Gaining rewaards from Allah swt by reciting Quran or doin Dhikr .. EVERY single SEcond cOUNts in our life .. but nowadays SubhanAllah we spend time in Useless stuff .. such as Gosssips, sitting in such gatherings which wudnt benefit us but infact end up doin bakbitings, discusing Politics n we wud waste so much time in that .. we talk abt afghanistan n palestine etc .. but nothing is gonna change over there by us going on n on about it . and even the INTERNET thats the biggest waste of time :-[ :-[ .. so we shud inshallah think how we can spend time in something Which Allah swt will reward us for it inshallah ...

I agree sis. We spent so much time without realising it. Time is precious. May Allah make us those who make a good use of their time..aameen.

WomanOfJihad
03-18-2005, 06:31 PM

*Sorry was the last thing she wanted hear*

So whats the method of getting the Quran on the phone ?

Uma Rayanah
03-18-2005, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

Mashallah i guess my sis there siad it all mashallah..

I wander if dat was my sis indeed!!! i guess she let some1 else 2 write dis valueble thingz.. my sis Women can't write such thingz like dis!!!

WomanOfJihad
03-18-2005, 08:31 PM

:omg: :omg: :omg: YA UKHTI FIL ISLAMM.. :omg: :omg: :omg:

What have you taken me for :p im more than wat u think i m ..

WomanOfJihad
03-21-2005, 09:48 PM

I have the qur'aan on my phone.

I try to read AS MUCH as possible outside or werever i am.

How do u get the Quran on the fones bro .. it would be appreciated if u let us know .. JazaKallahu KHairan ..

Arwa
03-21-2005, 09:50 PM

^ yeah .. how do you do that one ?

Ra`eesah
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

SUBHANALLAH! Subhanallah. Subhanallah

soulja-ess
08-23-2005, 04:29 PM

subhanallah thats soo true....

soulja-ess
08-23-2005, 04:30 PM

wow i just noticed this thread was done in january :-[
neways jazak allah kul khair for sharing it sis :)

Labaik Ya Allah
08-23-2005, 04:59 PM
how long did it take us 2 notice this thread

Ra`eesah
08-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

it took 8 months 10 days and 1 hour ..... now i wonder would it have been different if we knew of this before? Subhanallah. how much of our time would we have utilized?

Batoota
08-23-2005, 05:33 PM

Subhan Allah, while i was in Egypt, i saw a woman who carried a pocket sized Quran while we were on the "taraam". For those who don't know what that is, it's this train that runs through Egypt and is like a bus actually. :confused: Anways, it was really inspiring to see her doing that! :thumbs_up!

Jazak Allah!!

:w: :sister:

MetSudaisTwice
12-06-2005, 10:51 AM
salam
mashallah that is a very good post bro zak
jazakallah for sharing
wasalam

Umm Safiya
12-09-2005, 10:10 AM

I do that too on my way to school.. But it's not a pocket Qur'ân, it's just the normal-size.. Alot of people stare at me! A couple of days ago I was reading at a st. while waiting for the train, so this dude keeps passing by me n staring.. Then he comes over to me: 'Is that the Qur'ân' 'Yeh' 'Oh alright! That language is impossible for normal people' 'Well I've learned it too, so yeah 'normal' people can learn it.. It's not as diffcult as it looks' 'You look really into it' 'Yeah, I am!' 'Okay, have a nice day, bye'

Anyways, jazak allahu khayr for the post akhee.. a very good reminder for all of us..

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-09-2005, 10:16 AM
oh yeah i've read that before, masha-Allah still makes me think!
:w::rose::peace:

Snowflake
12-09-2005, 10:49 AM
SubhanAllah, makes you think! Thank you for sharing.

sapphire
01-31-2006, 11:35 AM
subhanallah!!!!!thts a great idea i should do tht!!!jazakallah for posting tht!!!

shariq_0189
02-01-2006, 01:37 AM
nice article...i use to take my pocket quran to school...at lunchh after praying zuhur..i woould jus read it on the stage...thts the only place the school gave us for praying....really good idea. and also if any bro or sis..starts carrying a pocket quran around...we also have to be careful about it..incase we have to go to the washroom outside. or any thing else.

Ihsaan
02-15-2006, 06:33 PM

Wasted Time

WASTED TIME
(by Shaykh Abdul-Malik Qasim)
Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion. Indeed, fatigue for his sake is rest.

There were many waiting...perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I took my number and sat down in the waiting room. There were many faces, young and old, but all silent. Some brothers made use of the many booklets available in the waiting room.

Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking around. Most were bored. Once in a while the long silence was broken by a nurse calling out a number. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is, and he gets up quickly...then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Qur`an continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time.

One hour of life wasted! Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the hospital's mosque. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the Qur`an earlier in the waiting room. After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time.

He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur`an around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur`an than he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Qur`an, this habit saves him from boredom and stress. He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours.

Then he asked, "when will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur`an?"

I reflected...how much time do we waste? How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by? Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur`an?

I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand...so what am I waiting for? My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse calling out my number...I went to the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Qur`an. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time. That was my intention when I put that Qur`an in my pocket.

How many people will do this? And what great reward is for the one who guides others to this idea?

May Allah swt gives us all the ability to utilise our time for obtaining reward and His pleasure.
Duahs requested please.
Wasalams

Kittygyal
02-15-2006, 06:36 PM
wow intresting :)

The Ruler
02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
its really cooool :) :)

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 12:44 AM
very cute story, makes you think about how you waste time everyday, i myself waste my time after school when i could be gettin somthing accomplished

R_Mujahed
04-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Lessons in the Waiting room
Author Unknown

Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion. Indeed, fatigue for his sake is rest. There were many waiting; perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I took my number and sat down in the waiting room. There were many faces, young and old, but all silent. Some brothers made use of the many booklets available in the waiting room. Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking around. Most were bored.

Once in a while a nurse calling out a number broke the long silence. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is, and he gets up quickly; then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Qur'an continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time. One hour of life wasted!

Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the hospital's mosque. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the Qur'an earlier in the waiting room.

After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time. He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur'an around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur'an than he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Qur'an, this habit saves him from boredom and stress.

He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours. Then he asked, when will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur'an? I reflected; how much time do we waste? How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by? Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur'an? I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand; so what am I waiting for?

The nurse calling out my number interrupted my thoughts; I went to the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Qur'an. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time. That was my intention when I put that Qur'an in my pocket. How many people will do this?

extinction
04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
wow this is awesome!! I listen to quraan often but dont read it that much besides ramadhan

Sister_6038
05-11-2006, 08:46 PM

Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work
this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion.
Indeed, fatigue for his sake is rest.

There were many waiting...perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I
took my number and sat down in the waiting room. There were many faces,
young and old, but all silent. Some brothers made use of the many booklets
available in the waiting room.

Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking
around. Most were bored. Once in a while the long silence was broken by a
nurse calling out a number. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is,
and he gets up quickly...then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Qur`an
continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much
about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into
a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time.

One hour of life wasted! Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just
a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the
hospital's mosque. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the
Qur`an earlier in the waiting room. After the prayer I walked with him. I
informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from
his time.

He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are
days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting
their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur`an around
when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that
in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur`an than
he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides the
reward of reading the Qur`an, this habit saves him from boredom and stress.
He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours.

Then he asked, "when will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur`an?"

I reflected...how much time do we waste?

How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how
they passed by?

Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur`an?

I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for
account and that time is not in my hand...so what am I waiting for?

My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse calling out my number...I went to
the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I
quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Qur`an. I decided to
be mindful of how I spend the time. That was my intention when I put that
Qur`an in my pocket.

"Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter
that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!" (The Holy
Qur'an 2:201) Ameen

Muslim Soldier
05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
wow! what a wonderful solution

madeenahsh
08-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Wasted Time

By Shaykh ‘Abdul-Maalik al-Qasim

There were many waiting perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I took my number and sat down in the waiting room. There were many faces, young and old, but all silent. Some brothers made use of the many booklets available in the waiting room.

Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking around. Most were bored. Once in a while the long silence was broken by a nurse calling out a number. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is, and he gets up quickly then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Qur’aan continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilises his time.

One hour of life wasted! Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the hospital’s mosque. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the Qur’aan earlier in the waiting room. After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time.

He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur’aan around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur’aan than he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Qur’aan, this habit saves him from boredom and stress. He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours.

Then he asked: “When will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur’aan?”

I reflected… how much time do we waste?

How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by?

Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur’aan?

I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand… so what am I waiting for?

My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse calling out my number… I went to the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Qur’aan. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time. That was my intention when I put that Qur’aan in my pocket.

nennar
08-02-2006, 10:30 AM
wauw! subhanallah! its so true! one wast lot of time , without even thinking about it!!!!! i will take this to me... so that i dont wast anymore....thank you for writing this thread.......

TheRightOne
08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
mashallah this is a great topic.

this is very true

Mujahidah4Allah
08-09-2006, 11:17 PM

i've read this soo many times and subhanAllah it makes you think how much time we waste... inshaAllah Allah [swt] helps us read the Quran more often and stay more steadfast on deen [ameen]

lolz at 'threads merged' over and over

ma'salamah

Fatimab
08-11-2006, 11:03 AM
>>***alaamualaikum,
>>>>
>>A nice story u must read it.
>>
>>Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work
>>this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion.
>>There were many waiting; perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour.
>>I took my number and sat down in the waiting room.
>>
>>There were many faces, young and old, but all silent.
>>>>
>>Some brothers! made use of the many booklets available in the waiting
>>room. Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were
>>looking around. Most were bored. Once in a while the long silence was
>>broken by a nurse calling out a number. Happiness appears on the one wh ose
>>turn it is, and he gets up quickly; then silence returns.
>>
>>A young man grabbed my attention. H e was reading a pocket-sized Qur`an
>>continuously; not raising his head even once.
>>At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of
>>waiting
>>my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and
>>how he utilizes his time. One hour of life wasted! Instead of making
>>benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer
>>was made. We went to prayer in the hospital's mosque. I tried to pray
>>close to the man who was reading the Qur`an earlier in the waiting room.
>>After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impre! ssed I
>>was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time.
>>
>>He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. T hes e are
>>days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting
>>their
>>waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur`an around
>>when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that
>>in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur`an
>>than he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides
>>the reward of reading the Qur`an, this habit saves him from boredom and
>>stress.
>>
>>He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half
>>hours. Then he asked, when will you find one and a half hours to read the
>>Qur`an?
>>I reflected;
>>>>
>>How much time do we waste? How many moments of our lives p*** by, and yet
>>we do not account for how they p***ed by? Indeed, how many months p*** by >>and we do not read the Qur`an? I came to respect my companion, and I
>>discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand;
>>so what am I waiting for? My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse
>>calling out my number; I went to the doctor.
>> >>But I want to achieve something now.
>>After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a
>>pocket-sized Qur`an. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time.
>>If this information is beneficial to you, then please do forward it to
>>your friends and relatives. Our Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam)
>>said; "Whoever guides or directs to good, then he gets the same amount of
>>blessing (reward) as the one who does it"
>>The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) also said "P*** on knowledge
>>from me even if it is only one verse"

Najiullah
08-11-2006, 11:09 AM
very nice :) great post thanks for sharing

Fatimab
08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
:uuh: funny how the word p***ed didnt appear

umm-sulaim
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Wow thats really nice ukhtee, thanks for the reminder, baarakaAllahu feeki

wasalaam

hafizyunus
10-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion.

There were many waiting; perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I took my number and sat down in the waiting room.There were many faces, young and old, but all silent.

Some brothers! made use of the many booklets available in the waiting room. Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking around. Most were bored. Once in a while the long silence was broken by a nurse calling out a number. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is, and he gets up quickly; then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. H e was reading a pocket-sized Qur`an continuously; not raising his head even once.

At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of
waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time. One hour of life wasted! Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the
hospital's mosque. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the
Qur`an earlier in the waiting room.
After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I
was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time.

He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur`an around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the
time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur`an than he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Qur`an, this
habit saves him from boredom and stress.

He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours. Then he asked, when will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur`an?

I reflected; How much time do we waste? How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by? Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur`an? I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand; so what am I waiting for? My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse calling out my number; I went to the doctor.

But I want to achieve something now.
After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop
and bought a
pocket-sized Qur`an. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time.

InToTheRain
10-02-2006, 11:55 PM

Jazak Allah Khair for the share akhi. ome other things which might be of interest:

The average UK adult spends 18 minutes per day in a queue or 273 days over a lifetime. As a result, shoppers now go to great lengths to avoid queues:

25% of 18-24 year olds admit to queue jumping
76% of adults use late-night or 24-hour supermarkets
Nearly two thirds use local shops and will pay more because of shorter queues
37% avoid shops altogether and do all their shopping online
13% of 18-24 year olds admit to faking an illness or crisis just to get to the front

Don't the queues! get a pocket Qur'an or in my case I listen to recitations on the player :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-03-2006, 12:07 AM
JazakAllah for the share bro. Nice story :)

Salaam

Curaezipirid
10-03-2006, 12:39 AM
I once learned an instruction for excercises while standing in a queue; but the funny thing about the queue post is that as an Australian in Britain the English are so admirable at their queueing. We never both about queues being made so very obvious as at English bus stops, for example. Aussies are more covert in mentally identifying who they are in front of and behind. But the shopping queue is surely deserving of finding a task for the concentration that is better than letting the eye cast around until a magazine headline or lolly wrapper draws the attention.

Especially because we are just about to engage in a process of spending money, so need our attention focussed. I believe that every good brother should, for his wife, concentrate upon engaging her in mental excercise while in a shopping queue so that she is not susceptible to the advertising causing wrong associations with money. I believe that the author I read about an exercise from might have been Sheila Kittinger, a child birth educator. But it could have been that a Yoga teacher told me.

Training the body to stand in a Tai Chi posture in the shopping queue could work. Or even just making du'a.

I recovered my health by that means.

Also this thread brings to mind the lives of farmers whom can ill afford to waste time. All people whom live by any subsistence means must be the same. Australian farming communities are convinced that if any person is just lounging around then they are wasting the space they are existing in.

My own habit is to always have a needle and thread or knitting needles or crochet hook and wool etc. At the moment I am teaching my self patchwork from a memory of a single lesson from primary school, and am making a bag for my son in every moment in which I am at home and not sleeping/cooking/eating/washing/salat prayer/reading . . .

. . . now I look at the list (considering it faulted since my other tasks of motherhood are not required in it right at this time) and I am wondering about eating. Can we also learn to regard the act of eating as excercise? I know that I am noticing that in Ramadan, if I eat beyond a certain quantity my stomache muscles get a pain and I want to excercise; while at other times the same overeating only accorded relaxing of the stomache. Actually this difference began one month earlier. By now it is positively painful to eat even one mouthful more then the quantity I can utilise in the next period before another meal. But I notice that that quantity will increase if I eat more and move faster, so can regard that the speed of movement we are in accords greed. This is relevent in the context of the fact that before the sun rises in the west the rotation of the Earth increases to the limit at which such Divine intervention is warranted. Nobody can know when that will be until there is a call to Allah from who counted for that. But every effort to prove that it need not be now is speeding up the rotation of the Earth. So is speculating upon what material wealth can be obtained by associating with The Devil.

The solution is the let our moments be engaged in the most boring of all tasks.
Then each moment is longer (and more boring).

wasalam

Sal3ma 7
10-03-2006, 03:50 AM
Nice story bro..thnxs 4 shring :)

ashara
10-03-2006, 07:04 AM
thanx for the 'timely' reminder :)

ashara
10-03-2006, 07:25 AM
just wondering... if one is traveling, say in a bus or train, then how does he/she keep in a state of wudhu... as i live in a multi religious society and whatever u touch in public place might easily been touched by someone who just had a pork bun for example. quran players are ok (i think), but what bout book?

DigitalStorm82
10-04-2006, 01:41 PM
wudu is not broken by touching bars or handles in busses and trains :)

IceQueen~
10-04-2006, 01:50 PM
aww sunhanallah...
J/K for sharing bro

butterfly+
10-07-2006, 07:25 PM
a very nice story.
jazakhAllah for sharing.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-07-2006, 07:29 PM
ive herd dis b4.. wkd story :)

BlissfullyJaded
10-08-2006, 04:56 AM

*Threads Merged*

Jazakallah khair for sharing.... :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.