/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 786 cd

farhan2
10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
assalaamualaykum
have any of you brothers or sisters heard the new 786 cd. It is nice but some of the songs i think are inappropriate and produced badly with music in the background. what do you think

also have any of you heard the new zain bhikha cd 'mountains of makkah' its amazing he gets better and better his songs have such good meanings :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :)

would anyone know where i can find the new sami yusuf cd online ive been looking for it everywhere:confused:

and for all you people to know there is going to be a concert after eid at wembly :thumbs_up
you can find the details on the following site
http://celebrateeid.com/2005/

k salaams

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
10-04-2005, 03:48 PM
i think that 786 should have not used music as this is the thing that differenciates us from the non-believers.

and zain bhikha is an amzing singer, and Alhamdolillah his son also sings. his songs are very moving and im always listening to his nasheeds!

havent heard of samis new cd! so cannot help you there brother, but inshAllah you will find it.

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmutallah he wa barakatuhu!

Khojestah
10-04-2005, 05:28 PM
r u talking about "ummah" by Sami Yusuf....welll u can buy it from www.awakening.org for 13 dollars.

But just to warn u, it's haram--he uses instrunments
i haven't heard it, and i wont cuz his previous Cd was "haram" contained music. And yeh if u r going to buy it can u let me know if he uses instrunments in this cd---hopefully not

afriend2
10-05-2005, 07:35 PM
yes unfortunately sami uses instruments in his music, and of course this is haraam. his voice is wonderful and doesnt need instrumental backrounds.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khojestah
10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
i agree with u
but i guess it's too bad that he uses instrunments

nafy
12-25-2005, 04:17 PM
i think da 786 album is amazing!! i agree....da music is a downside....but da lyrics are beautiful!!! :) :) :)

Takumi
12-26-2005, 07:28 PM
So, if Samy Yusuf dies right now without making taubah, he's gonna go to the hell fire?

afriend2
12-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Allah knows best brother, but that is not for us to judge as we are all sinners too.
may Allah forgive him and all of us.
wassalam.

sapphire
12-26-2005, 08:22 PM
:enough!: :enough!: :enough!: :enough!: no cds with music unless it is an individual drum beat........

Takumi
12-26-2005, 08:32 PM
:sl:

YOUR opinion is duly noted. Thank you. :)

Hijaabi22
12-26-2005, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by takumi
So, if Samy Yusuf dies right now without making taubah, he's gonna go to the hell fire?
Astagfirullah!! Wat U Sayin sis/bro?!!! MashaAllah Sami has done sum amazin AMAZIN work4 da muslim youth out threre!! As 4 his new CD, only Allah(swt) knows best...theres SO much debate goin on ova it...Im lisnin 2 it ryt now as it happens :coolsis: :coolsis: ....786- lykin dey new album and Zains is just FANTASTIC as always!!

Regardin the quoted comment, may Allah(swt) save us all from the hellfire and may he grant all of us and all our familys a place in jannah inshaAllah. Ameen.

Takumi
12-26-2005, 08:49 PM

I believe if you want to say something is HARAAM you should just be prepared to say, "if so and so does not make taubah and persists in his actions and he dies without making taubah, he is destined to the hell fire".

I didn't say that Sami's materials are HARAAM. Other people did. I was just concluding. :)

Rabi'ya
12-26-2005, 08:55 PM

As for 786, I think they are a stepping stone for people who are sed to listening to western Music as the lyrics are good, however one shud not stop at this and should, if possible, leave listening to ANY songs with music in as quickly as possible. there are plenty of halaal nasheeds out there to listen to...

786 helped me to stop lsitening to music. but since then i find their songs haraam and should be avoided at all costs:)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Takumi
12-26-2005, 09:02 PM

I better call 786 and advise them if they don't stop whatever their doing and make taubah immediately, and if they die, they will be in the hellfire. :skeleton:

Hijaabi22
12-26-2005, 09:03 PM

I believe if you want to say something is HARAAM you should just be prepared to say, "if so and so does not make taubah and persists in his actions and he dies without making taubah, he is destined to the hell fire".

I didn't say that Sami's materials are HARAAM. Other people did. I was just concluding. :)
Dats cool Dats cool. jus thought it was a bit harsh dats all :coolsis:

Yeah Rabiya totally agree wid ya,, sami y proper helped me 2 stop lisnin to haraam western music n led me 2 discover the world of nasheeds :coolsis:

Hijaabi22
12-26-2005, 09:04 PM

I better call 786 and advise them if they don't stop whatever their doing and make taubah immediately, and if they die, they will be in the hellfire. :skeleton:

LOL nah dont say dat Im sure sumthing POSITIVE does come out of their music... may Allah(swt) save us ALL 4rm thehellfire, Ameen

sapphire
12-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Ameen..who goes where is for Allah to judge..we cant say anything untill we know for sure they died with out imaan...even still we shouldnt say much...up to Allah to decide........

Takumi
12-26-2005, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------

LOL nah dont say dat Im sure sumthing POSITIVE does come out of their music... may Allah(swt) save us ALL 4rm thehellfire, Ameen
What? If something is decreed HARAAM, how can it be POSITIVE?

Hijaabi22
12-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Exactly Exactly...U haerd dat Takumi....

Takumi
12-26-2005, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
Ameen..who goes where is for Allah to judge..we cant say anything untill we know for sure they died with out imaan...even still we shouldnt say much...up to Allah to decide........

I have issues with people who talk the talk but are not sure how to walk the walk.

If you (not you sapphire) feel strongly about their music is HARAAM, well, isn't it YOUR responsibility to give advice, rather than rambling about it in forums?

Hey, who knows, they might just listen and that is 5 people less in the hell fire. Oh ya, write to Samy Yusuf, Yusuf Islam and Dawood Wharnsby too.

:coolious:

Hijaabi22
12-26-2005, 09:10 PM
What? If something is decreed HARAAM, how can it be POSITIVE?

Whoa Whoa...CHILL OUT!! Hey every1z entitled to an opinion, some people dont believ that its haraam, I aint sayin Im one of them jus sayin from a personal viewpoint, music such as Samis n 786s has really helped me to move away slowly from the haraaam music out there n it has helped so many of the muslim youth out there to come back to their religion....

Hijaabi22
12-26-2005, 09:12 PM

I have issues with people who talk the talk but are not sure how to walk the walk.

If you (not you sapphire) feel strongly about their music is HARAAM, well, isn't it YOUR responsibility to give advice, rather than rambling about it in forums?

Hey, who knows, they might just listen and that is 5 people less in the hell fire. Oh ya, write to Samy Yusuf, Yusuf Islam and Dawood Wharnsby too.

Appreciate ya viewpoint but bro U is too harsh!! Sapphire was ryt, hu are we to judge hu goes to hellfire n hu doesnt?!!

Takumi
12-26-2005, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
Appreciate ya viewpoint but bro U is too harsh!! Sapphire was ryt, hu are we to judge hu goes to hellfire n hu doesnt?!!
Exactly!! You missed the point.

If you say something is HARAAM, it MEANS that that guy is gonna go to hell if he doesn't stop doin' it and doesn't make taubah.

I'm just being factual. That's not harshness. That's a fact.

Poor Dawood, I've met him several times actually. Nice guy. I even talked to Samy in person and 786 are just down to earth.

Now, I guess, according to some people, if they don't make taubah, they'll be in hellfire.. because they're still doing HARAAM and not only that, their music make people go into HARAAM....

Hiyaa...

sapphire
12-26-2005, 09:35 PM

yeh bro well said....

Hijaabi22
12-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Exactly!! You missed the point.

If you say something is HARAAM, it MEANS that that guy is gonna go to hell if he doesn't stop doin' it and doesn't make taubah.

I'm just being factual. That's not harshness. That's a fact.

Poor Dawood, I've met him several times actually. Nice guy. I even talked to Samy in person and 786 are just down to earth.

Now, I guess, according to some people, if they don't make taubah, they'll be in hellfire.. because they're still doing HARAAM and not only that, their music make people go into HARAAM....

Hiyaa...
Ok Ok I think U bein too errr....how shall I put it...too TO THE POINT if U get wat I mean.... Lol at the Poor Dawud etc bit...Dawuds music is perfectly halaal bruv, nowt wrong wid it..... all these brothers have good intentions, surely that counts for sumthin.Oh well this debate cud go on 4eva n no doubt ull write a cumbak but hey Only Allah(swt) knows best... :coolsis:

Huh one more thing.hopw does Samis/786s music make people 'GO IN2 HARAAM'??? Their music has proven to have had a positive effect on alotta youth out there includin ME!!

Takumi
12-26-2005, 09:49 PM

I guess that question best answered by people who had already issued a fatwa that music is HARAAM.

Not me. :)

Ghazi
12-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Salaam

I never understood Nesheeds, whats the real point I think it's just an excuse people use as they rebrand music under nasheed, while we could be doing more postative things such has becoming hafizs and gaining knowladge.

Takumi
12-26-2005, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

I never understood Nesheeds, whats the real point I think it's just an excuse people use as they rebrand music under nasheed, while we could be doing more postative things such has becoming hafizs and gaining knowladge.
It's not an excuse. I wish it were that simple. Oh, what a world we live in. Hypothetically, it'll be good if all muslims were huffaz, even when nasheed were not the niche during the prophet's time, not all the companions were huffaz, did they waste their time?

No, these brothers who made these songs did not waste their time. I beg to differ. They did a lot.

afriend
12-29-2005, 01:29 PM
well I know this is bad to say but I think that 786 are just some old boys with sad and stolen ideas for most of their songs. They plaigerise(hope i spelt that right) so many western songs. :rant:

Ghazi
12-29-2005, 01:52 PM
It's not an excuse. I wish it were that simple. Oh, what a world we live in. Hypothetically, it'll be good if all muslims were huffaz, even when nasheed were not the niche during the prophet's time, not all the companions were huffaz, did they waste their time?

No, these brothers who made these songs did not waste their time. I beg to differ. They did a lot.

Dear Brother, that might no apply to you but trust me there's people out there who see it as an islamic substitue for music, but don't realise that some so called islamic nasheeds out there have instruments in them and are a source of haraam. And your comment about about the companions isn't relivent to my point so I won't comment. As for 786 I don't want to say anything bad about my follow brothers but I would closely look at the title of their band, 786 I hear some people use it as an alternative for Bismillah thus introducing bidah on a mass scale, and before any accuse me of backbitting I'm not saying they done it intentionally I'm just saying some people use the term "786" in place of Bismillah.

Below are two hadiths which i will leave you to ponder over.

Sahih Bukhari, No. 5226.
Abu'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari: he heard the Prophet (SallAllahu alayhi wa Sallam) saying: From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercouse, the wearing of silk, the drinking, of alcohlic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful

Sahih Muslim, No 5279.
Abu Hurair reported Allaah's Messenger (SallAllahu alayhi wa Sallam) as saying: The bell is the Musical Instrument of Satan.

hammy
12-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey I Love Sami Yusefs Songs There Great But I Love 786 Da Best

Shana524
01-02-2006, 06:57 AM
I agree 100% with bro Islam-truth. We commit enough sin as it is…….no need add more to my burden. Also, I think we should avoid discussing about who will go to hell and who won’t. We should remember that we won’t enter Jannah because of our good deeds but based solely on Allah’s Mercy. So let’s pray for Allah’s guidance for our fellow Muslims.
Regarding 786……what can I say? They are products of the West. I saw a video of their performance at an Islamic (so they claim) convention, as soon as they were introduced, so many girls started screaming. This is spreading fitna :mad: . And their music isn’t something that will make you want to become more religious.
Well that’s my opinion. But at the end, we can all agree that we need Allah’s guidance. May Allah help us to change for our own benefit and make it easy for us to obey Him. Ameen
Jazakallah Khayr

Takumi
01-02-2006, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shana524
I agree 100% with bro Islam-truth. We commit enough sin as it is…….no need add more to my burden. Also, I think we should avoid discussing about who will go to hell and who won’t. We should remember that we won’t enter Jannah because of our good deeds but based solely on Allah’s Mercy. So let’s pray for Allah’s guidance for our fellow Muslims.
Regarding 786……what can I say? They are products of the West. I saw a video of their performance at an Islamic (so they claim) convention, as soon as they were introduced, so many girls started screaming. This is spreading fitna :mad: . And their music isn’t something that will make you want to become more religious.
Well that’s my opinion. But at the end, we can all agree that we need Allah’s guidance. May Allah help us to change for our own benefit and make it easy for us to obey Him. Ameen
Jazakallah Khayr
Your opinion is duly noted. The usage of the word "YOU" in the rest of this post does not refer to the member whose post is quoted. Thank you.

Just to remind us all that the fact is if someone dies while making HARAAM and he did not make taubah before he dies, he's destined to the hell fire. Now you can beat about the bush, sugar coat it, put on the glaze and sprinkle: it still comes to the same conclusion. I'm just being blunt about it.

When we say 786 music is HARAAM: Translation:

If 786 does not make taubah and they die while making this HARAAM music, they will be burnt in hell.

If you have the audacity to give out a fatwa that you should have the guts to swallow what it really means.

If that does not sound nice to you, may I suggest you research your topic, and refrain from quoting fatwas. If you are really sincere, you should present various opinions about it, and let the public decide what they want to follow. Should you already commit to one opinion, do me a favor and keep it to yourself because you don't have the right to condemn someone to the hell fire. Only Allah does.

On another note, I also experienced in Eman burst workshop after the class, participants rather than praising Allah, praised the shaykh too much. That is spreading fitnah because only Allah and His messenger deserve such praise. But of course, those are the ACTS of the participants not the shuyookh's fault. I guess there's a lot that he needs to teach. (this is the part where you read between the lines)

786 is a product of the West. Good. Because only people who were born and raised in the West can fully appreciate the challenges and tribulations living in the West. They are very talented and have done a lot to get many young muslims to get out of impermissible music to cut down on their practice.

If you're blessed enough not to listen to music at all, then it's your blessing. Some people are not. They grew up in a household where prayers are not even established and somehow or rather along the road, Allah guided them. These people are trying to be good and they find that they are certain elements in their lives that they need to phase out gradually. Let them be. I'd rather hang out with them than people who give FATAWA all the time but all they do is to read translation of the Quran and hadeeth as if they know everything. These people IMHO are lost in the CUT and PASTE syndrome.

Anything that does not make you more religious (including attending so called Islamic lectures) MUST be avoided. That includes this forum and eman workshop.

I've seen interaction between so called brothers and sisters in the forum that are inappropriate. But I don't go around accusing the forum administrators that they are the mother of fitnah. There are only so much we can do.

So let Allah decide on the day of judgment who goes where and why. If you can't handle the ACTUAL meaning of a fatwa, please refrain from doing so because if you do that you are representing Allah's decree on an action and you better be sure about it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!