/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem!

Zuko
10-05-2005, 09:35 PM
:sl:

These days, when I pray, I don't know why but for some reason, it feels like I'm just standing on a rug, reciting qur'an, and nothing else. I try thinking about what the verses mean when I pray, but it feels as if, I'm praying for no reason, and that Allaah isn't listening. I'm not praying differently either... I mean I never felt this way before... My mind keeps saying stuff like Allaah left me, and I'm doomed... But I heard its haraam to lose faith... However, I can't stop these thoughts, because they keep coming back... Sometimes I don't even feel like praying because I keep thinking that Allaah isn't accepting my prayers, and neither do I feel like making du'aa... But not praying and not making du'aa is a serious sin so if I stop praying, then I'll be in hell for sure... But if I continue praying, it just feels like I'm standing on that rug like a fool and no one's there...

Can someone tell me if this is something really serious? Does this mean my salaah isnt being accepted? Does this also mean, that Allaah has left me? I try my best to become a better person, but sometimes I slip, and badly... Anyway, I'd appreciate some advice and all replies are welcome...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-05-2005, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah

These days, when I pray, I don't know why but for some reason, it feels like I'm just standing on a rug, reciting qur'an, and nothing else. I try thinking about what the verses mean when I pray, but it feels as if, I'm praying for no reason, and that Allaah isn't listening. I'm not praying differently either... I mean I never felt this way before... My mind keeps saying stuff like Allaah left me, and I'm doomed... But I heard its haraam to lose faith... However, I can't stop these thoughts, because they keep coming back... Sometimes I don't even feel like praying because I keep thinking that Allaah isn't accepting my prayers, and neither do I feel like making du'aa... But not praying and not making du'aa is a serious sin so if I stop praying, then I'll be in hell for sure... But if I continue praying, it just feels like I'm standing on that rug like a fool and no one's there...

Can someone tell me if this is something really serious? Does this mean my salaah isnt being accepted? Does this also mean, that Allaah has left me? I try my best to become a better person, but sometimes I slip, and badly... Anyway, I'd appreciate some advice and all replies are welcome...

Try understanding the reason why we are supposed to pray and make Dua. It will help you out alot if you understadn the reason why Allah appointed us to pray Salah and why he says to make Dua. The reasons may seem basic but it will help you out alot if you understand the reasons why we are required to that. Also, try memorizing more Quran and try to understand the meaning. Learn the meanings if the Surahs that you already know. Its very fun to pray when you know what you are reciting. Learn a few Duas, the last few ayats of Surah Baqarah are an excellent place to start Inshallah. But most importantly, lern (im not saying that u dont already know) the reasons of why we are supposed to do what we do. Inshallah it will help.
It is shaytans tricks to make Salah and everything look worthless but Allah has said in the Quran many times that Follow not the Shaytan becasue he is an Open enemy to you. Have Pateice and persevere in the path of Allah and all will be ok Inshallah :)

Zuko
10-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Jazakallah Khair for your advice, I'll try harder in memorizing the meanings of surahs, insha'allah....

salaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-05-2005, 10:13 PM

No problem sister, let me know if theres anything esle Inshallah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
princessamber30
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Aslam walaikum sis,

Don't worry...I felt like that and I still do at times. Is the problem that there is no one to guide you? To talk to you? Because I know that was the problem with me.(Not that Im a loner or anything...lol) You just need to stop for a while and look at yourself. I mean everyone has a purpose in this life, and our purpose is to obey Allah (STW). So when you stand on the prayer mat focus your attention on what you're reciting, and keep in mind that InshAllah you'll be rewarded for your actions. When you start contemplating too much your mind just starts wondering..so just focus, and remember that Allah is always there for you and loves you. Just don't lose faith! Trust me, once you stop praying there will be nothing to guide you. AstagfurAllah it happened to me, I just COULDNT pray! But you just need to take a deep breath, say to yourself 'Im going to pray and recite the Quran because this is what my lord wanted me to do' and set targets for yourself. What really helped me was listening to nasheeds and lectures, and reading islamic books. When you listen to nasheeds such as Mesut Kurtis's 'burdah' you'll understand what I mean. InshAllah sis everything will get better!

striver_of_life
10-27-2005, 01:40 PM
yes sister, i myself felt like that once too. when i went for advice, my mother said maybe it's because i am not an arabic person and because i don't understand all the words. when i went to see the meanings, it then helped me.

mashallah, sister, your thread does appeal to many people out there because you have shown another importance, another way of keeping faith in the almighty.

Halima
10-27-2005, 05:16 PM
lol. :)

Salam_1426
10-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatoullah,

It is a question of comprehension. The knowledge always should be sought. Allah says that only the scientists fear really ALLAH. So, you must to read more and understand,... you must also listen to the Qur'an with a recitation which you like more, who sensitize you more.

wa salamou alaikoum wa rahmatoullah,

Halima
10-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Salaam,

There is a great possibility that the shaytaan is trying to trick you into believeing that Allah(swt) is not listening to you. Just remember that where ever you are Allah(swt) is always listening to you, and there are some obstacles that can concure while you are praying to Allah(swt). The shytaan is the ememy of Allah(swt) He will do his best to decieve and play trickery on anybody that is forthcoming to Allah(swt). That is his biggest disaster. The devil loves company. The best thing you can do is just say "la illaha illAllah", and continue to concentrate harder and then eventually those somber feelings will fade away. InshAllah

Wasalaam.

baby_muslimah15
10-27-2005, 06:07 PM
As-salaamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu yaa ukhti....
First of all; May Our Raab who is the Most Merciful reward you for your concern about your prayers; Ameen. This shows something great on your part MashaAllah:) and May He increase you in goodness; AMEEN!....As for what you are speaking of, this sounds like what alot of us go through which is lack of Khushu'a( devotion, concentration,etc) in the salaat. There are narrations where a companion said that he felt like he didn't have anything left of his salaat due to distractions in them. Never stop praying, salaat is all we have and without it them we are like the kuffar wa'Iouthubillah. One of the the many things that my mother advise me to help me in my salaat is to think of that day when we all will be standing in front of our Lord, barefoot, butt naked and uncircumsized, when there will be no shade except His*Subhanaanhu Wa ta'Ala* Shade, and May He grant us His shade; AMEEN! The standing that day will be VERY long as we are waiting to be judged, it is a great day indeed. Sweat will be drowning some ppl due to the sun being very close, May He save us from that;AMEEN! So thoughts like this can help one stand in salaat in hopes of being saved on the day of Judgement. When we think about the events of that day we see that Allah is not asking much of us to do the acts we are obligated to do. Also, there is a narration about a companion named Ka'ab ibn Bashr(Radi'aAllahu ta'Ala 'Anhu) when he was on an expedition and was in charge of keeping watch of the muslims, and the enemies sent the best marxmen to kill him, when the marxman approached him, he saw that he was praying so he thought what an excellent oppurtunity to kill him; he shot his arrow and struck him in the leg, and ka'ab felt great pain but did not react to it for he was reciting suratl-kahf and the Prophet*SallahAllahu'Alaihi was sallam* had told him to commit it to memory; and death would have been dearer to ka'ab then stopping his rectitation. The enemy was in amazement as to why ka'ab did not fall down! for he knew he shot him and if you were shot by the skilled markmen you would surely die, so he shot again because by this time he was in doubt as to rather or not ka'ab actually was struck....Ka'ab continued standing and felt great pain, but he did not fall down, he had to finish this surah! SubhanAllah! So the markmen left in total shock, he could not believe his eyes, after ka'ab finished his recitation he fell down and died SubhanAllah! And we rush through our prayers just to go catch a tv show! So we should take from the ppl of the past in regards to their worship and May Allah aid us, Ameen!....Never feel as if your salaat is not being accepted. Continue to offer as Allah only accepts good and He is oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Shaytan (May Allah curse him!) wants us to despair of Allah's Mercy as he did. Read ALOT of Quran (especially in this Blessed month) and it will InshaAllah tell you of Allah's Mercy and make you aware of His Greatness so that it may always be in the forefront of your mind when you are praying. And for the Jannah; let the workers work! I hope you were able to benefit from my words and they help you to remain steadfast as you are on the right track by having concern for your actions.

Well love you 4 the pleasure of Allah! :love:

Halima
10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Baby-Muslimah has some great advice tips fa-sho :)

baby_muslimah15
10-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Lool thankx(you know everytime I hear that story or tell it) I CRY its soooooo sad and amazing at the same time.......Salaamz

Zuko
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM

Wow... I'm speechless right now... Thank you all SO much for the advice and support! And baby_muslimah that was beautiful... Thanks and Jazakalllah Khair for sharing it... I'll try implementing all of this insha'allah... I can't thank you people enough... :sister: :love: :wilted_ro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.