/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do??

baby_muslimah15
10-06-2005, 04:29 AM
As-Salaamu Aliakum,

Alot of people came to me asking What would u do to get closer to Allah???.....I told them reading more qur'aan, attendind more classes, and watching my tongue......So my question to ya'll is what would you do???? Alot of people think that once your muslim your already closer to Allah....I'm not saying your not close to Allah but you want to try and get closer.....Like doing things that is not obligitory..... :) Like I dont wear da niqaab....And ppl be sayin you should...I tryed to, but I dont wanna do somethin cuz everybody else is...I want to do it 4 ma self.........Wa-Salaamz ;)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shana524
10-06-2005, 05:00 AM
:sl: sister
How r u?
I’ve found that first and the most important thing that makes me feel closer to Allah is my Salah. I feel complete when I make the prayers on time and with the best concentration. Also I try doing regular deeds, like fasting 2x a week and praying Salatul Tasbiih. Even the little deeds which are regular are so much to Allah. And READ….as much as possible about Islam.
I want to share with you what my Imam said tonight in his khutba after Tarawih. He reminded us that our purpose in life is to worship Allah and everything else, such as your job, school, family etc. are only necessities. However these days we reverse it and made this world our purpose and the little time thats left over is to worship Allah.
May Allah keep us firm in His religion and accept our sacrifice during this Holy Month. Ameen.

baby_muslimah15
10-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Ameen, JazakAllah Khair sister......

MetSudaisTwice
10-06-2005, 11:16 AM
salam
for me to get closer to Allah i pray my Salaah and read the Quran
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pinkrose
10-06-2005, 03:09 PM
:sl:

Ukhti what i do is pray my prayers on time with khushoo' read the quran as much as i can and memorize it!! Also i try to memorize hadiths!! I memorize supplications!! Learn more about my religion and the prophets!! I feel that i can come closer to Allah by doing all these things!! When ever you are just sitting or washing dishes or vacumming don't keep silent!! Read stuff like "laaillaha illalaah" and things like that!! Just..you know....keep in your mind that you are only a guest in this world and you'll soon return to your real home and meet with your creator sumday!! :) It really helps me!!

:rose: RAMADAN KAREEM!!:rose:

:w: :love:

Rabi'ya
10-06-2005, 03:23 PM
This Ramadan I am wearing niqab which is something new for me....Alhamdulilalh it has helped me to feel closer to Allah. I also read more Quraan and I memorise some new ayat if i can.

Generally just reading more and mroe Quraan helps me to feel closer to Allah

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
10-06-2005, 03:25 PM
slam
mashallah
may we all become closer to allah in this blessed month
wasalam

Shana524
10-07-2005, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
This Ramadan I am wearing niqab which is something new for me....Alhamdulilalh it has helped me to feel closer to Allah. I also read more Quraan and I memorise some new ayat if i can.

Generally just reading more and mroe Quraan helps me to feel closer to Allah

Rabi'ya:rose:
:sl:
MashaAllah sister, me too :sister: . I've made up my mind to wear niqab and 1st of Ramadan was the first day I started wearing it. I wore it to school...ppl stared more than ever, but Allhamdulillah Allah made the day so easy for me.
May Allah keep us firm in His Path. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!