/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Fun

baby_muslimah15
10-07-2005, 08:53 PM
:love: As-salaamu Alaikum,

Alot of people come to me and say how do u have fun being a muslim Teenager, when you can't listen 2 music, talk 2 boyz, go to parties....Etc, I told them you can listen to nasheeds, and you can have private parties for all gurls, and boys I guess....And I waz wondering do any of you have any input on how 2 have fun being a muslim teenager???? :p And if you have anything you do to have fun, can u plz share it, I would really like to know!!!

Wa-Salaamz :love:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
10-07-2005, 08:57 PM
:sl:
Your friends have outlined three things that they feel muslim teenagers lack and therefore you can't have fun as a Muslim teenager:
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
listen 2 music, talk 2 boyz, go to parties
As for listening to music, then one can listen to nasheeds if one really finds that fun. As for talking to boys, then in Islam, boys have fun talking to boys and girls have fun talking to girls. As for parties, then of course Muslims can have parties that are just as fun so long as there is no gender intermixing.

As for fun things, then Muslims, like all other people, have varying interests and different people find different things fun. It all depends on your interests.

:w:

baby_muslimah15
10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
JazakAllah Khair brother.....I Really appricate it!!!!

Muezzin
10-07-2005, 09:32 PM

Sports and multiplayer video games are fun (between the same gender of course).

Oh, and Bouncy Castle Pro Wrestling kicks so much butt.

But seriously, a lot of 'Western' kids can't really get their heads around not being able to do the things that they think are 'fun'.

If I'm boring because I don't want to get completely hammered and wake up in the morning beside a complete stranger with no clothes on, then I like being boring. :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
baby_muslimah15
10-07-2005, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Sports and multiplayer video games are fun (between the same gender of course).

Oh, and Bouncy Castle Pro Wrestling kicks so much butt.
Lol...Ok.....Btw have you played the new true crimes???? I heard its really fun and The Gun??

P.S I'm playin this one game called Road Kill that kicks butt too!! It has alot of shooting ;)

Zuko
10-07-2005, 09:41 PM
P.S I'm playin this one game called Road Kill that kicks butt too!! It has alot of shooting ;)
TERRORIST! :zip:

baby_muslimah15
10-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Lol, hope your joking??......I just love shooting games, especially if your stressed out it really calms you down, cuz your not really killing living people......Plus the ppl on the game shoot back

Zuko
10-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Lol, hope your joking??......I just love shooting games, especially if your stressed out it really calms you down, cuz your not really killing living people......Plus the ppl on the game shoot back
Yeah I was kidding... You like shooting games? I always miss the target! I stick to racing cars man... Can't wait 'till I learn to drive... and Midnight Club II and III are awesome! As well as Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit... Those cops are such a pain, but still a great game. Anyway, Need For Speed has some great cars in there... Ok, let me stop talking now... :zip:

baby_muslimah15
10-07-2005, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Yeah I was kidding... You like shooting games? I always miss the target! I stick to racing cars man... Can't wait 'till I learn to drive... and Midnight Club II and III are awesome! As well as Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit... Those cops are such a pain, but still a great game. Anyway, Need For Speed has some great cars in there... Ok, let me stop talking now... :zip:
Oh yea I have need 4 speed hot pursuit....Those cops get on ma nerves, thats why I like to shoot them in road kill ;) .....I play race car games 2, and basketball, football,etc.......I cant wait till I drive either.....And the head is the target just as well as the body, just keep yo eye on the target then BOOM you got it :p (I might be a bad influence on ya)loool.....I always customize ma cars, get some nice wheels,color, and you all set

minutes_until
10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah need for speed is one of the fun "clean" games thet you can play.......has anyone seen Need for Speed Most Wanted"??? go to www.needforspeed.com :salaam:

baby_muslimah15
10-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Oh yea I heard of that

muha0154
10-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

If I'm boring because I don't want to get completely hammered and wake up in the morning beside a complete stranger with no clothes on, then I like being boring. :p
Well said, my man. I couldn't agree more. Salaam.

Muhammad

halupalu
10-08-2005, 01:53 PM
listening to nasheeds

YuN
10-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Need For Speed Most Wanted should be out by the end of this year.
Anyone into Tekken 5? That's one heavy fighting game.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-08-2005, 01:58 PM

Halo and halo 2 are the kings of video games :shade:

Zuko
10-08-2005, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by htownkia93
yeah need for speed is one of the fun "clean" games thet you can play.......has anyone seen Need for Speed Most Wanted"??? go to www.needforspeed.com :salaam:

:omg: WHOA DUDE! I've never seen that game! AWESOME...:shade:

Muhammad
10-08-2005, 04:05 PM

There have been two similar threads to this, so you can check them out although they have tended to go off-topic quite a bit, hence one was closed.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...=entertainment

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...=entertainment

:w:

Zuko
10-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Hmm..... anyone play Kingdom Hearts? Can't wait for #2, but they're saying it'll come out at the end of next year!

baby_muslimah15
10-08-2005, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YuN
Need For Speed Most Wanted should be out by the end of this year.
Anyone into Tekken 5? That's one heavy fighting game.
Yea I play Tekken 5, its fun But nothing bets shooting so Road Kill is still Mad Tight

Les Nubian
10-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd still listen to music...just wouldn't mess around with them boys now. lol

baby_muslimah15
10-10-2005, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Les Nubian
I'd still listen to music...just wouldn't mess around with them boys now. lol
Oh yea...I heard that, although music in our religion is forbidden, its still kinda hard to get it out of your system, and far as boyz thats a different story!!!!lol

minaz
10-10-2005, 09:46 PM
yeh i like boys

baby_muslimah15
10-10-2005, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
yeh i like boys
As friends I hope(lol) ;D...Cuz if not thats just weird!!!!! And I didnt say I like boyz although I do.........Salaamz

P.S to whoever things I'm flirting I'm not trying 2 :-[

minaz
10-10-2005, 10:15 PM
P.S to whoever things I'm flirting I'm not trying 2
don't worry it doesn't effect me

baby_muslimah15
10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
don't worry it doesn't effect me
Glad it doesnt..Cuz that wouldnt be kool :shade: plus I'll probablly get banned from da site!!!

aamirsaab
10-11-2005, 09:12 AM
tekken 5, command and conquer generals, fifa (the good one!), halo, devil may cry (you kill jinns in it, well demons actually...)

Also, british bulldog is wicked to play. See, there's loads of ways for muslims to have fun. Oh wait, i forgot the best one: Loadislam forums!!!! WOOOOO. :brother:

Ameeratul Layl
10-11-2005, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
tekken 5, command and conquer generals, fifa (the good one!), halo, devil may cry (you kill jinns in it, well demons actually...)

Also, british bulldog is wicked to play. See, there's loads of ways for muslims to have fun. Oh wait, i forgot the best one: Loadislam forums!!!! WOOOOO. :brother:

Sum1 is not feeling well today. :p Must be the weather. :p

Allah ma3akum

meknesi
10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
pro evolution soccer 4 its alll about football games.....jus a little actually

meknesi

minaz
10-11-2005, 10:26 AM
nah you'll never beat fifa games, fifa 2006 is amazing!

beans
10-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I have fun just hanging out with friends.
As long as you have good friends of the same gender you can have just as much fun as anyone! it also depends what you think is fun, some people despise TV, others its their life. others love movies, others think thier a waste of time!
some people think reading Qu'ran is fun, iA one day it will be for me! and Salat as well.

But I mean its not like we don't have fun true, we watch movies sometimes, I watch at least a show a week on tv, in moderation , but i mean we weren'tput on this earth to have fun and party and what not. we gotta work hard in this life so we can be well off in the next.

minaz
10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeh in this day and age we (teenagers not Muezzin he's 20 the OAP :p) have to be careful on what we see as fun, however I believe Muslims have the best fun! Lol this is a theory I came up with it a while back, because Islam gives a sound and strong foundation. So we all know our limits on what is right and wrong and if we stay within those boundaries then we will be fine. This is what i've seen to define me and other Muslims I know amongst our non-Muslim friends. For example some say "why are you never worried and joking about 24/7 Minaz?", lol I reply by saying I have Peace inside of me . But yeah we all have our own ways of having fun, lol I for one; watching The OC, Lost, Friends, X-box, MSN, LI (of course) going to the gym and of course FOOTBALL THAT IS MY LIFE! As long as one doesn't do anything that is un-Islamic and immoral then one will be safe, at the end of the day Allah knows our true intentions!

baby_muslimah15
10-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeh in this day and age we (teenagers not Muezzin he's 20 the OAP :p) have to be careful on what we see as fun, however I believe Muslims have the best fun! Lol this is a theory I came up with it a while back, because Islam gives a sound and strong foundation. So we all know our limits on what is right and wrong and if we stay within those boundaries then we will be fine. This is what i've seen to define me and other Muslims I know amongst our non-Muslim friends. For example some say "why are you never worried and joking about 24/7 Minaz?", lol I reply by saying I have Peace inside of me . But yeah we all have our own ways of having fun, lol I for one; watching The OC, Lost, Friends, X-box, MSN, LI (of course) going to the gym and of course FOOTBALL THAT IS MY LIFE! As long as one doesn't do anything that is un-Islamic and immoral then one will be safe, at the end of the day Allah knows our true intentions!
I agree with you on all that.....I watch friends, and play gamecube, playstation2, and x-box.....I love Basketball, and baseball.........But we do have to be careful of not going out of the boundaries.....Oh yea and LI is ma life 2 as well....... :)......But people do have they own way of having fun, like sum people say your not supposed to wath TV its haraam.....But i'm not allowed to watch Harry Potter...I waz when it first came out, den ma mom got stricked and said you already watch to much tv so no Harry Potter is out.........But as long as I got ma friends and ma game stations i'm koo.......Then sum of ma friends talk 2 boyz, listen 2 music, and all that.....Holla Back

Zuko
10-11-2005, 09:23 PM
LOL, I can see what you're going through with not being able to watch harry potter... I watched HP and LOTR so many times, my family literally tackles me everytime I turn it on! Oh well... Can't wait for the Chronicles of Narnia to come out... and King Kong!

minaz
10-11-2005, 09:30 PM
oh lord no, never wathed/read harry potter lord of the rings complete utter nonsense, as pope benedict II outlines it's all "witch craft". BURN THEM BURN THEM ALL!

Zuko
10-11-2005, 09:32 PM
oh lord no, never wathed/read harry potter lord of the rings complete utter nonsense, as pope benedict II outlines it's all "witch craft". BURN THEM BURN THEM ALL!
BAN THE O.C.!!!! HARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! A'UDHUBILLAH! uhhh..... FITNAH!

minaz
10-11-2005, 09:34 PM
hey hey hey, leave The OC alone - or else

Zuko
10-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I mean come on, what's it even about!?! Love, romance, breakups, all that preppy stuff.....

minaz
10-11-2005, 09:39 PM
It looks at the issues which society faces day to day and aims at breaking down the social barriers. Compared to hobbits, wizards, flying broom stick games and dragons!

Zuko
10-11-2005, 09:40 PM
It looks at the issues which society faces day to day and aims at breaking down the social barriers.
;D

Compared to hobbits, wizards, flying broom stick games and dragons!
:shade:

minaz
10-11-2005, 09:43 PM
oh well whatever floats your boat - GEEK :p

- Qatada -
10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
lol this is krazy.. iss simple. if the peepz neva 'dated' and followed islam - they wouldn't be in dat mess in the 1st place. and in islam we got the supernatural jinn and angels n erythin so iss all gud.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

baby_muslimah15
10-11-2005, 10:12 PM
I dont watch LOTR....cuz ma choice, ma mom said I couldn't watch HP.....Anywayz I love Spider-man, Spider-man2, Batman, The Hulk, Fanstic 4, and X-Man 1 and 2, I hope dey have Batman 2 AND Fanstic 4 2........Oh yea and I like Rollbounce.....and biker boyz, and 2 fast 2 furious.......So I dont need to watch HP..... I saw the 1st 2 anywayz...And OC and Lost is koo.......You just gotta keep up wit it, But FearFactor is da number 1 reality show.....!!!!!!!!

Duhaa
10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Wow you watch a lot of TV, you'll get square eyes!! :p LOL
Personally, I read books.
Besides, I don't have a TV, wouldn't want one anyway, saves time and yeah TV IS haraam ;)

baby_muslimah15
10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Well theres different opinions on that......I 2 love to read, those are movies I've seen....I stop watchin alot of tv cuz of my personal reasons.......I do alot of stuff to keep me from sinning to the best of my abbilty!!!! Salaamz

strider
10-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Become a practicial joka. (In the halal way obviousl) :D

Ma'ssalama

Assalamu alaikum

Whoops, forgot i can't edit my posts...yet. :(

About the TV being haram: It depends on what you are watching on it.

I love watching widelife programs and documentaries on anything remotely interesting.

Ma'assalama

Zuko
10-12-2005, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

Whoops, forgot i can't edit my posts...yet. :(

About the TV being haram: It depends on what you are watching on it.

I love watching widelife programs and documentaries on anything remotely interesting.

Ma'assalama
Same here... gotta love the discovery channels, history channel and the travel channel, oh yeah and tlc... ;) :coolsis:

zircon
04-28-2006, 10:33 PM
salam,
honestly.. i dont think having party with opposite sex and do whatever your nafs desire if fun at all.. it looks like exciting.. but believe me.. no inner peace lol. i've tried it before. compare a song and nasheed deeply. you would feel some sort of emptiness after you've enjoyed the songs to the fullest

Hijaabi22
04-29-2006, 03:05 PM
:love: As-salaamu Alaikum,

Alot of people come to me and say how do u have fun being a muslim Teenager, when you can't listen 2 music, talk 2 boyz, go to parties....Etc, I told them you can listen to nasheeds, and you can have private parties for all gurls, and boys I guess....And I waz wondering do any of you have any input on how 2 have fun being a muslim teenager???? :p And if you have anything you do to have fun, can u plz share it, I would really like to know!!!

Wa-Salaamz :love:
i hate it when non muslims think that muslims dont have a life!!! I feel like punchin them so damn hard!! Like the other day at uni, this english girl she was like 'oh my god you guys dont drink? u mean uve never gotten driunk ever?how do u do it?@- i really felt like slappin her 1 i swear! Thankfully tho, there was this other english gorl there who stated that drinkin is no big deal so she kinda jus shut her trap then..idiot!

Of course we can chill out, have a laff, we are HUMANS after all ryt? So long as we keep in the boundaries of Islam (which many teenagers dont do nowadays unfortunately) i dont see wat is wrong wid havin a bit of fun!!:happy: ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.