/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes in Pakistan, Indian, and Afghanistan!

Arwa
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
:sl:

:'(

Many deaths and injuries in Pakistan then Indian and one in Afghanistan. The number is most likely to rise.
The atmostphere is horrible in Pakistan. :'(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4321490.stm

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_3594747.htm

Please do dua for them all...

In Pakistan, there have been 2 earthquake in the same day! .. and many many aftershocks.

I have been seeing the coverage on TV and it's awful there.

May Allah help them all in this time. :'(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Shaheed
10-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Walaykum Assalam

Innalil-lahi...

Insha'Allahu Ta'la we should all make Dua... and learn from this destruction which could happen anywhere, anytime...

im83
10-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Assalamualykum wa rahmatullah

http://www.muslimhands.org/Site/Page...hmirEarthquake

Please donate generously to help our brothers and sisters in their time of need.

wa alaykum asslam wa rahmatuallah

Arwa
10-08-2005, 02:24 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Aftershocks STILL happening in Islamabad...
dunno about anywhere else..

This is awful :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zuko
10-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Yikes.... Bomb blasts, hurricanes, now earthquakes... This is all so horrible, may Allaah help all those in India, Afghanistan and Pakistan...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-08-2005, 02:30 PM

155. And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.).

156. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allâh we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."

Inshallah may Allah make it easy on them.

:w:

Zuko
10-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Just a question, does anyone know if it hit narowal, in pakistan?

Danish
10-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Inna Lilaahee Wa Innaah Lilaahee raajeeooon.

May Allah (SWT) protect us all from such disasters...

S_87
10-08-2005, 02:54 PM

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhee rajioun :'( :'(

so many earthquakes these days.

Arwa
10-08-2005, 03:01 PM
wa alaikum assalam

sign of yawm al qiyaamah innit :'(

ameen to all the duas...

no I don't know whether it hit narowal ..

jazakallah khair Ahmed for the ayahs

Muhammad
10-08-2005, 03:03 PM

May Allaah grant patience and help upon the suffering and have mercy upon them all, Aameen.

Indeed we must all remember our Muslim brothers and sisters in our du'as and help out any way we can. Especially since we are in the blessed month of Ramadhaan, let us take this opportunity to increase our du'as and donate to all causes Insha'Allaah,

May Allaah accept from us and answer our du'as, Aameen!

Arwa
10-08-2005, 03:07 PM
wa alaikum assalam

yup ameen to the duas!

It would be even more better if we gave some zakah.. :love:

Arwa
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
btw.. the first earthquake lasted an unblievable 6 minutes! :omg:

muslimrebel
10-08-2005, 03:44 PM
ena lillahi wa ena elahi raajioon........may allah inshallah protect them....and inshallah as many have said ......we shud learn from dis earth quake and the iranian one which happened a couple of yrs ago what allahs power can do.....and they say evolution is right...if der is not creator then who is doing all these acts?

waji
10-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Aslam u Alikum
it is painful we all must pray for them who were effected by this earthquake the centre of this earthquake was 95 miles away from Islamabad in hindukush but it effected Pakistan,Afghanistan and India in pakistan it was felt even in Multan so narowal is not far from islamabad the people there must have felt some jerks of it but sis Arwa it only lasted for a minutes not 6 minutes but still it is bad and we have only seen some pics of the distruction in ruler areas but in urban areas in northen areas of Pakistan the pic are worse we can just pray for them and for us too as we also live in this world think about it!
May Allah give sabray jameel to the effecties and keep us safe Ameen
Walikum as Salam

Far7an
10-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Assalamu alaikum

May Allah be with them in their time of need :'(

Arwa
10-08-2005, 06:10 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Ameen.

wkas - nah, I read it.. total was 11 minutes but the first quake was 6mins, and then 2.30 mins then 1 min and then 1.30 mins.

Scary :'(

Munda Pakistani
10-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Almost a third of Pakistan hit. 7.6 on the richter scale; lasted 6 minutes. Thousands feared dead. Most of Azad Kashmir has been reduced to rubble. Other than the humanitarian side, the economic impact will be huge.

May Allah help the affected. I hope the (non-existent) Ummah (the one Pakistan always puts its neck out for - take the Iran vote for example, after what Iran has been doing to+in+against Pakistan) plays its part in the relief effort, although I doubt it, excluding some places.

akulion
10-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Salam Alaikum

Yes the Earthquakes were horible.
It was a 7.6 on the rechiter scale which is huge and lasted for 7 minutes.
Eventhough I do not live in the area myself but from relative accounts it sounded terrible.

The earth shook with such extremely violent force that houses and buildings shook like paper held in front of a fan.

Mountains literally cracked, roads were uprooted. Buildings collpsed.

Heavy Cars where hurled off the face of the earth like pebbles under the feet.

People were trapped in falling buildings, one incident which particularly caught my attention was one of 250 girls crushed in a school collapse.

The major earth quake was followed by 5.0 after shocks which are still huge!! But only lasted for 20 seconds each. The after shocks continued for hours intermittenly.

One of the buildings in front of the building where my cousin lives fell like a stack of piled up books toppling over.

But Alhamdolillh despite all this the beautiful character of the Muslims shine forth - not a single looting incident was reported - relief efforts (officially) started only 2 hours after all this occured. Civilians opened their houses to others, companies and individuals donated equipment and their own service for free to all - there was no shortage of food, water or blood because of the overwhelming numbers of volunteers Alhamdolillah. People, normal civilians were so zealous in their effots that they tied roped to themselves and decended in the ruins of buildings to save individuals. It was over all a heart warming sight to see the Muslims working with such close unity and co-operation to help each other Masha'Allah!

The earth quake was so huge that it has effected 70% of Punjab province and 80% of the NWFP province. Communications in most areas has been restored with the exception of the hardest hit areas.

Insha'Allah please do dua for all the people!

Martyred in the month of Ramadan.

Arwa
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Yup! That's the unfortunate event that happened! :(

But Alhamdolillh despite all this the beautiful character of the Muslims shine forth - not a single looting incident was reported
- relief efforts (officially) started only 2 hours after all this occured. Civilians opened their houses to others, companies and individuals donated equipment and their own service for free to all - there was no shortage of food, water or blood because of the overwhelming numbers of volunteers Alhamdolillah. People, normal civilians were so zealous in their effots that they tied roped to themselves and decended in the ruins of buildings to save individuals. It was over all a heart warming sight to see the Muslims working with such close unity and co-operation to help each other Masha'Allah!
Masha'Allah, I noticed this too.. :wub:

Ataraxis
10-09-2005, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim

Inna Lilaahee Wa Innaah Lilaahee raajeeooon.
May Allaah subhanhu'wa'ta'Allaah ease their pain.

Ameen. :-X :'( :'( Really terrible.........News reports getting worse as well :zip:.
But Alhamdolillh despite all this the beautiful character of the Muslims shine forth - not a single looting incident was reported
- relief efforts (officially) started only 2 hours after all this occured. Civilians opened their houses to others, companies and individuals donated equipment and their own service for free to all - there was no shortage of food, water or blood because of the overwhelming numbers of volunteers Alhamdolillah. People, normal civilians were so zealous in their effots that they tied roped to themselves and decended in the ruins of buildings to save individuals. It was over all a heart warming sight to see the Muslims working with such close unity and co-operation to help each other Masha'Allah!
I agree...Subhanallah :) :D

abusufi96
10-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Well you already know the signs of judgement day are present.
And this is one sign of it. Natural disaster happening all over the world is one of the signs of judgement day.

I made dua for them
and please you do too

maisa
10-09-2005, 01:17 AM
May Allah accept'em in his jannat :(

and in shaallah Allah will accept our dua in these blessing days

^..sTr!vEr..^
10-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Hope fine..well some of u must be knowing that an earth quake has striked my country i.e. Pakistan and the condition in some of the cities is really bad..but my city is safe infact my whole province is safe..
so i would like 2 make a request to all of u who r out there to PLZ PLZ
pray for my country and they r ur muslims brothers n sisters too...
specially believers and muslims too..u all HAVE 2 pray and for the whole muslim ummah..
everybody in our city says its an Azaab of Allah swt.
May Alllah accept our repentance and protect us all from these disasters.

p.s DONT FORGET TO PRAY!!
i feel very very scared :-[
NAVEERA..

Samee
10-09-2005, 02:40 AM

I heard from my brother that a school crushed many Pakistani kids while they were learning :(

May Allah grant them all Jannah.

Samee
10-09-2005, 02:48 AM

Inshallah I shall pray for all those who were affected by this tragedy. Keep faith and patience though, for this is a test from the Great One.

Salema
10-09-2005, 02:50 AM
May Allah grant them all Jannah.Ameen.. :'( :'(

Salema
10-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Inshaallah..may allah grant them jannatul-firdous..ameen..!

Henry
10-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Oh my goodness, brothers and sisters. 18,000 dead in the month of Ramadan. Inshallah they will be martyrs and go to Jannah.

Isn't one of the signs a major earthquake in the middleeast? But I remember it saying something about swallowing it up an army. I guess since earthquakes are so much more reoccuring, it may be soon :(

Munda Pakistani
10-09-2005, 04:46 AM
More than 18,000 dead, 41,000 injured. More than 45 villages have been reduced to rubble. Right now, almost 24 hours after the earhtquake, 300 children are trapped under rubble that was a school; villagers have been working non-stop, but they don't have any equipment so they are not having much success. That is just one building - the entire Northern Areas face a similar situation. Tremors are still being felt every few minutes. People spent the night out in the cold.

The spirit is exemplary - as good as it was at a train crash near Karachi(Pakistan) some months ago. At any disaster, the biggest problem, absurd as it may sound, is of theft. Generally, these are dirt poor people, but not a single case has been reported. There are more blood donors than the hospitals can handle. Relief teams have not reached most of the remote areas, and people have been working non-stop, refusing to give up despite exhaustion.

Dua is all well, but please join the spirit and donate as well. I will post some numbers soon. May Allah give you lots of sawaab for it.

Munda Pakistani
10-09-2005, 05:11 AM

More Images (Getty)

Danish
10-09-2005, 08:36 AM
May Allah (SWT) grant patience to familties which lost lives and pakistan, and grant them the ability to revcover. And grant jannatul firdous to those who have died. Ameen ya rabbal allameen

inshallah they be in my dua sister

Far7an
10-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Let us pray for them and also donate generously, the non muslims will donate, but let us see what Allah says about them

Say: "Spend (for the cause) willingly or unwillingly: not from you will it be accepted: for ye are indeed a people rebellious and wicked."

The only reasons why their contributions are not accepted are: that they reject Allah and His Messenger; that they come to prayer without earnestness; and that they offer contributions unwillingly.
Surah At Tawbah ayah 53-54
I think this is the smallest donation, ive seen them give in times of crisis.

Let us donate generously InshaAllah..

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone gives in charity something equal to a date from his honestly earned money--for nothing ascends to God except good--then God will take it in His Right (Hand) and bring it up for its owner as anyone of you brings up a baby horse, until it becomes like a mountain...Nothing ascends to God except good." (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

“Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: for He loves not creatures ungrateful and sinner.”
(Qur'an, 2: 276)

Abu Hurairah (r.a.) reported Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) as saying: “Charity does not in any way decrease the wealth and the servant who forgives, Allah adds to his respect; and the one who shows humility, Allah elevates him in the estimation (of the people).” (Muslim)

Zuko
10-09-2005, 12:09 PM
You're kidding!

Sis Naveera, don't owrry, I'll make du'a for you and all others who were hurt by the earthquake... May Allah grant those killed, Jannatul-Firdaus...

Bittersteel
10-09-2005, 01:28 PM

UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said the government was sending $177,000, along with 60 medical staff, emergency workers and foreign office staff. The US has promised $100,000.
subhanallah.

Bangladesh got lucky.

well_said
10-09-2005, 01:55 PM

I'm shocked...this is a test from Allah. May Allah make us strong in our deen.

Human blod has become like water in this recent months. May Allah protect us...InshAllah

This just shows how weak and helpless man is...we must praise Allah the most high.

Arwa
10-09-2005, 03:15 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Ameen to all the duas..

This person from London said that Amrikka and UK both gave 100,00 $ and punds each.. but some people can earn that much in a year.. they should be ashamed of themselves. :mad:

Sanobar
10-09-2005, 03:49 PM
salaam,
well it is horrible....i feel so sad fro these people! let us all pray for them !may aAllah grant them all jannah!
ma'salamah

aamirsaab
10-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I actually have relatives in pakistan. Subhanallah, they are unharmed. However, I am sad that other families aren't as fortunate. I think all of us on LI should make dua for them aswell as our other brothers and sisters around the world. LET'S DO IT!

Zuko
10-09-2005, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I actually have relatives in pakistan. Subhanallah, they are unharmed. However, I am sad that other families aren't as fortunate. I think all of us on LI should make dua for them aswell as our other brothers and sisters around the world. LET'S DO IT!
:thumbs_up Yeah let's...

Far7an
10-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Those who wish to make donations, can do so..

http://www.uwt.org/

This organisation is trustworthy, alhamdulillah.

Sista
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
:(
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhee rajioun
May Allah grant them Jannat
Keep prayin and giving donations...
im going ther (pakistan) soon :(

Salah ud Deen
10-09-2005, 09:36 PM
May Allah have mercy on the Muslims.

Umm Yoosuf
10-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum

Subahanallah. Insha Allah we should make du'a for our brothers and sisters and do our best to give sadaqa insha Allah.

YamahaR1
10-09-2005, 11:03 PM
My heart and prayers go out to all people harmed in this catastrophic event. I'll be donating to the International Red Cross and saying lots of prayers for the people affected by this horrible event.

Salema
10-10-2005, 03:20 AM
ameen..4 all the duaas..!

^..sTr!vEr..^
10-10-2005, 10:32 AM

Hope fine..well some of u must be knowing that an earth quake has striked my country i.e. Pakistan and the condition in some of the cities is really bad..but alhamdollilah my city is safe infact my whole province is safe..
so i would like 2 make a request to all of u who r out there to PLZ PLZ
pray for my country and they r ur muslims brothers n sisters too...
specially believers and muslims too..u all HAVE 2 pray and for the whole muslim ummah..
everybody in our city says its an Azaab of Allah swt.
May Alllah accept our repentance and protect us all from these disasters..

NAVEERA..

MetSudaisTwice
10-10-2005, 10:46 AM
salam
may allah ease the suffering of those brother and sister in pakistan, india, afghanistan and my home country bangladesh
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-10-2005, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
may allah ease the suffering of those brother and sister in pakistan, india, afghanistan and my home country bangladesh
wasalam

Ameen. :)

Allah ma3akum :coolsis:

Hashim_507
10-11-2005, 06:48 AM
I will make donation as soon as possible...who's next line to me?
May Allah have mercy on them....

MetSudaisTwice
10-11-2005, 02:46 PM
salam
can someone tell me the latest figures of the amount of money donated to pakistan from other countries? i heard kuwait donated $100lillion doolars, subhanllah may allah ease the sufferings of our fellow muslim brothers and sisters
wasalam

Haya emaan
10-11-2005, 02:58 PM
inna lillahi wainnailaihi rajioon
Recent reports say that the deaths have increased over 50 thousand and can reach to 1 lac
i request all muslim brothers n sisters to pray for my country.my city is safe alhamdulillah but i m feeling very sad for my muslim brothers n sisters who have sufferd from this incident . may Allah grant them jannah . plz make as much donations as possible.
jazakAllah

MetSudaisTwice
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
ameen

meknesi
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
ameen

meknesi

edil
10-11-2005, 04:49 PM
May Allah have mercy on them and put patients in their breast.

edil
10-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Ameen

Zuko
10-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Just asking, did anybody on this forum lose any relatives? Man, I just found out that one of my teachers lost all her relatives in pakistan... I hope no one lost any relatives and that they're safe and in good condition... I mean the stuff you hear on the news especially from kids... "...We were just sitting in class and then the roof fell on us and it killed my friend..." That just hit home... Poor kids...:'(

modez
10-11-2005, 09:08 PM
ive heard there's been another earthquake in pakistan.....is it true????

Sadia25
10-11-2005, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
wasalam
Ameen

Zuko
10-11-2005, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by modez
ive heard there's been another earthquake in pakistan.....is it true????
In balochistan, I think... But there was another one, thats for sure....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.