/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Students and/or Graduates

Heaven Leigh
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Are any of you in nursing school? How do you find the coursework and practicum? I am contemplating whether to go into nursing or education and I'm not sure yet which is better for me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
:sl: :sister:

Sister its better you go into education rather then Nursing. Especially if your planning to do Adult Nursing (or for that matter child Nursing). The uniform is not Islamic in addition to that you have to deal with men. Washing them, touching them etc Subhanallah.

Thats my advice to you insha Allah.

May Allah make it easy for you.

:w:

ilhaam
10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Aslm,wrwb
Alhamdulillah always need for muslim in the medical field,its intention that counts,depends on your outlook n country that you are living in,i agree with sister jannah in say child nursing is better,for in an non islamic country one has limited opitions on this matter when dealing with males...you have to do it...part of the package!insha allah khair....if your heart is set on helping the ummah n pleasing Allah in khidmah for the ummah,yallah go ahead keep your heart mind and soul focused on Allah...n fear Him!
see you on the ward ;-)
fee amanillah,was salaam

Umm Yoosuf
10-09-2005, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ilhaam
Aslm,wrwb
Alhamdulillah always need for muslim in the medical field,its intention that counts,depends on your outlook n country that you are living in,i agree with sister jannah in say child nursing is better,for in an non islamic country one has limited opitions on this matter when dealing with males...you have to do it...part of the package!insha allah khair....if your heart is set on helping the ummah n pleasing Allah in khidmah for the ummah,yallah go ahead keep your heart mind and soul focused on Allah...n fear Him!
see you on the ward ;-)
fee amanillah,was salaam

Sister i didn't say child Nursing is any better. You still deal with adults. According to Islam when a boy reaches puberty he is an adult. Say you were working in children ward and you come across a 15 year boy. He can't wash himself....they ask you to go and bath him... You can't islamically! Ya Allah. Child Nursing is not any better.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
1m@@n
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb....

Well, i just finished my nurse training, just waiting to graduate in November...

Personally, i think its the best decision i made in my life yet!! The amount of reward I get from helping people....is truely amazing....(my Grandad always said id be a nurse)..ive walked outta the hospital to the bus stop so many times with a huge smile on my face and sumtimes even in tears....with a feeling of having achieved ....

Especially with the non english speaking muslim community, who r are unable to fully comprehend their needs and feelings to health professionals...there is truely a greater need for us muslims to go into the health field...

The amount of duas I have got from muslims on the ward...i just cant emphasize...ive seen muslims in tears, hugging me and thanking me for being there to support them and being able to express their needs...

Sis as for whether its the right decision for you to go into nursing....hmm, discuss it with people around you and consider alternative options....but at the end of the day only go for it if its what you truely wanna do......if your 'totally' confused then i reccommend you do istikhara....no better solution than to seek Allah subhanaAllah Tallah's guidance.....and Alhumdulillah its always worked for me....

Khair sis....you take care and good look with whatever decision you make in life...may Allah (swt) guide you and protect us all from shaytaan...give you good health and success in both this life and the hereafter inshaAllah...ameen, summa ameeen...

ps - Please remember me in ur duas....jazak Allah Khayran.......anddddd keep smiling!

ur sister 1maan

beans
10-11-2005, 07:37 PM
oh man sister 1maan, htats awesome! i'm not going into nursing but I want to be a doctor, medicine man, its so straighforward in helping people, that i don't think we realize so many other jobs help people directyl as well! but i still love medicine, good luck to all the sisters and brothers going into nursing! iA you'll all be wonderful!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.