/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How is Everyone?

Z
10-09-2005, 09:10 PM
So how is everyone?

It's been a while... how's fasting keeping you guys? I hope you are all praying the full 20 units of Taraweeh prayer and not just rushing off after 8. Hehe, a friend of mines does 80kg on the bench down at the gym, but when it comes to standing in qiyaam, he's weak as anything. What use 'eh.

Insha Allah everyone's having a good Ramadhaan so far, and making use of their every second of it. Surely, the one who does not seek the mercy of Allah during this month is doomed. There's a Hadith regarding this I'm sure.

Has anyone had fish and chips for Iftar yet?

Peace out!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samee
10-09-2005, 10:08 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulilah I'm getting by very well. At times I really do feel the pangs of hunger, but isn't that the point? :)

I actually had fried fish for dinner last night. My mom makes the best. And yes, Alhamdulilah, I've prayed 20 rakaahs in congregation every night since Ramadan began, and Inshallah I shall pray it until Ramadan ends :)

Umm Yoosuf
10-09-2005, 10:13 PM
I feel very active when im fasting. I thought I'd be tired and hungry but Alhamdulilaah Allah has made it easy for me so far. Ramadan is not just fasting though...its about disciplining your Nafs.

baby_muslimah15
10-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey, I'm kool....Its 20?? I thought it waz 11, well ma fast is coming koo(just hungry) but i'll get ovea it!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samee
10-09-2005, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Hey, I'm kool....Its 20?? I thought it waz 11, well ma fast is coming koo(just hungry) but i'll get ovea it!!!

It can be 8, 12 or 20 rak'aahs. All the masjids around my place do 20.

Mahmud
10-10-2005, 12:25 AM
alhamdulillah..fine..!

baby_muslimah15
10-10-2005, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiullah

It can be 8, 12 or 20 rak'aahs. All the masjids around my place do 20.
Oh..Thanx 4 da info!!!

Shana524
10-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Allhamdullilah bro, I’ve been waiting for this month to come, and now I’m doing my best to take full advantage of it. Thank you for asking.
What u said about your friend is so true….we have old women at our Masjid praying full 20 rakat standing while the younger sisters are busy messing around with their cell phones after 8 rakat.
May Allah forgive us and increase our Iman. Ameen.
:w:

Salah ud Deen
10-10-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm tired.

In fact I think I am going to bed soon. Yes I think I will.

Oh by the way, I love you all. Ramadan mubarak.

Z
10-10-2005, 01:04 PM

I'm guessing those who pray 8 do so because they are really old and can't stand up for long. Those who pray 12 are like reaching old age. Those who read 20... well what can I say.

Drink lots of water at Suhur remember.

aamirsaab
10-10-2005, 01:14 PM
The mosque I go, they pray 8 rakats for the actual tarawee plus 3 nafl (so, 11 in total). But unlike one particular masjid, the imam(s) don't speed read. :) so you can actually hear the words of the Quran. :brother:

minaz
10-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Yes and i go to the same mosque as brother Aamir, and each rakaat is like 15mins! so yeh those who think 20 rakaats is better and harder, well it sure as hell aint.

ola
10-10-2005, 11:12 PM
salamz its amazing when i fast im totally active but when i eat im lazy and sleepy and fat (lol)
alhamdililah its easy tho
salamz
ola

BlissfullyJaded
10-11-2005, 12:04 AM

loq...thats why some people who want to perform only 8 rakaah come to our masjid, cuz we do 20, and its shorter. And they get to leave after 8. ;D

But it is a difference of opinion. 8 rakaah is accepted according to some.. So they don't have to be elderly to do 8. :sister:

Anyways, alhamdulilah Ramadan is goin pretty good. :D :love:

MetSudaisTwice
10-11-2005, 10:32 AM
salam
alhamdulillah fasting has been going very good for me so far mashallah, and i always pray 20 rakats of taraweeh plus the witr
wasalam

someone
10-11-2005, 10:54 AM
As salaamu alaykum

20 rakats straight up.

And Alhumdulillah Ramadan is going great. I love the feeling of Ramadan, everyone so calm and peaceful be it due to hunger or fear of Allah (staying away from sins, being polite, understanding, merciful and patient)...whatever it may be, but I sure love the feeling!

May Allah help us to continue the good deeds and good character we practice during Ramadan throughout the whole year, Aameen.

MetSudaisTwice
10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
ameen

Ameeratul Layl
10-11-2005, 11:07 AM

MetSudaisTwice
10-11-2005, 11:08 AM
salam
may we all have a blessed ramadhan inshallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-11-2005, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
refrain yourself from angry thoughts and violence
wasalam

Yep, that is true.

beans
10-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Salams, fastings been pretty weird this ramadan for me...I'm more tired then usual but i eat meat and everything in the morning! protein! lol.

Far7an
10-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah been good, I have the same feeling I have every ramadhan, like I've wasted time, I could have done more with 8 nights already gone. Some people may find this weird, but our university is actually a good place to be during ramadhan, we have a large prayer area (this is available throughout the year, not just ramadhan) and seeing the brothers reciting quran gives me a boost alhamdulillah :brother:

May Allah allow us to make the most of what remains of this blessed month

Noor
10-12-2005, 06:00 AM

Fasting is amazing. Completely at peace.

I use to do the 20 rakats for Taraweeh but since my mother told me that the Prophet (SAW) was seen only doing the eight, I get lazy and only do the eight. I'm like, the Prophet(SAW) did eight rakat so Im going to do eight. Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, was a strong man, Mashallah he did the 20. But I'm too tired after a day of fasting and serving ppl that are ravenous during iftaar.
I know this is bad.....being lazy. Brothers and Sisters, make dua that I not continue in this manner.

Other than that, Everything is ALHAMDULILAH.

Ameeratul Layl
10-12-2005, 07:59 AM

Another horrid day with lots of horrid ppl around me.
First I have physics, then I have bio. Both are double lesson and Im not looking forward to Physics.
Then, I will be free from 12:15pm and will therefore do sum research on lymphatic vessels.....its is quite intersting which is why Im not going to complain about that as well. :p

Anyway, Ill keep u all updated about my day.....Hopefully it'll get intersting wen I've battered the boy who sed that nuceur power stations shud be planted in Iraq to kill 'em all off. His is gna be in both of my lessons so.....good luck to him. ;D

Gosh! I feel so hyper today. :D

Allah ma3ak

Fatimab
10-12-2005, 08:09 AM
alhamduallh

Protected_Diamond
10-12-2005, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
So how is everyone?

It's been a while... how's fasting keeping you guys? I hope you are all praying the full 20 units of Taraweeh prayer and not just rushing off after 8. Hehe, a friend of mines does 80kg on the bench down at the gym, but when it comes to standing in qiyaam, he's weak as anything. What use 'eh.

Insha Allah everyone's having a good Ramadhaan so far, and making use of their every second of it. Surely, the one who does not seek the mercy of Allah during this month is doomed. There's a Hadith regarding this I'm sure.

Has anyone had fish and chips for Iftar yet?

Peace out!
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

lol..cool thread..no man havnt had fish n chips 4 ages naw..lol..hmm...yeah i totally agree with ya make the most of ramzaan coz who knows if you'll b alive 2 c the next?

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

MetSudaisTwice
10-12-2005, 12:32 PM
salam
yes mashallah true, take every salaah as if it will be your last becasue you never know
wasalam

sherbie cola
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm afraid I too have been reading 10 rakaats I am being lazy , Tonight I will read 20 Inshallah ....please pray that i keep reafing the full amount and not make allowances, and pray for other pple like me who r not reading to the Max.

MetSudaisTwice
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
salam
inshallah sis
i will make dua
wasalam

Muezzin
10-12-2005, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Yes and i go to the same mosque as brother Aamir, and each rakaat is like 15mins! so yeh those who think 20 rakaats is better and harder, well it sure as hell aint.
Agreed. Quality not quantity ;)

Z
10-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Peace

Guess what happened today.

Ok, so a sister got in touch with me some time ago asking if I would do a few things for her which she needed doing. I said no at first, but now that I've like got my work load under control (alhamdulillah), I asked if she still wanted things doing and turns out they did.

Bear in mind I'd been up since 3 that day (Tuesday) and now it was almost midnight, going into Wednesday. Anyhow, I got started on the tasks and by the time we'd almost finished, it was 3 a.m. Wow, I'd gone through 24 hours with little sleep, and food. Great. Had something to eat, prayed Fajar Salaah and thought I'd lie down for a bit, and get ready to set off at 7. Hehe, next thing I know, it's 11 and I've missed one of the most important days of my life. It was absolute shock.

Oh man, was I in bother.

I love Ramadhaan. You miss really important things during the day, yet you find that you don't really care about them. The feeling of being in the state of Fast is too overwhelming. For me it is anyway.

Don't forget to drink lots of water!

Can I get a rep point from everyone who reads this? Please, it'll really make me happy which is a good deed, and very rewarding too.

Edit

Zak, bro, are you leading the Taraweeh prayers by any chance? Is anyone else leading them?

Noor
10-13-2005, 03:29 AM

Do you get something with rep points?

aamirsaab
10-13-2005, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor

Do you get something with rep points?

nope.

saf_musa
10-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Masha allah ramadhan is gudddddddd i thought dat the full 20 had 2 b prayed- aint it so dat a whole quraan can b finished at da mosque? i read dat it is sunnat 2 do so

Muezzin
10-13-2005, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saf_musa
Masha allah ramadhan is gudddddddd i thought dat the full 20 had 2 b prayed- aint it so dat a whole quraan can b finished at da mosque? i read dat it is sunnat 2 do so
We pray eight and still manage to get through the whole Quran inshallah (through the entirety of Ramadan, not just one night :p)

It takes the same time to read as twenty anyway, but minus the crazy 'Flight of the Bumblebee' speed-reading Imams.

'Bismillah Hirahmaniraheeeeeem

Al-humdulillahrabilalameenarahmanneeraheemmalikeeo-mideeneeehahkana'booduwaeyekanasteeeeeen
*gasps for breath*
ehdinesaratulmustakeensaratalluzeenaunamata'alayhi mrerghilmugdoobeealayahim
Waladaaaaaaaaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
AMEEEEEEEEN'

The sad thing is, some imams actually read like that. The. Whole. Darn. Twenty. Rakats.

minaz
10-13-2005, 09:57 PM
;D ;D ;D It's sad because it's the truth

baby_muslimah15
10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
;D ;D Loool....Are you serious, we have an imam who recites really slow too.......I guess that is sad......lol, but we only pray 11

Z
10-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Peace

Ahem, can we please stay on topic? Thank you.

minaz
10-13-2005, 10:02 PM
i think this thread has died

baby_muslimah15
10-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Yea I think u right i'm out....Peace

eyes_of_mine
10-13-2005, 10:05 PM
The Imaan I listened to tonghit was reciting SO FAST he got lost many times and the men had to correct him and remind him where is was. And then finally on the last set he read REALLY slow and majestic. I thought to myself why rush reading the Quran whats the point ?

Far7an
10-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Thread closed upon request.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!