/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gelitain

Hashir21
10-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Assalam O Alikum
does gelitain (spelled wrong i think) only come from pigs or does it come from other animals also? i heard it comes from cows also. ok so, if it says that it is Kosher Gelitain, is that halal to eat no matter wht animal it is from? In my opinion i think that it is haram because the people who cut the animals dont say Bilmillah. they are Jewish. can someone help me, and if it is Haram, then can u please provide me with proof, such as from the Quran or Hadeeth. thanks!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salema
10-10-2005, 03:10 AM
i dunno..but there r some gelatins that says that r halaal..i m a lil confused..!

abdurrazak
10-11-2005, 06:09 PM
sallams
gelatine ( right spelling :)) does come from animals however some sweets mostly have halal gelatine in them which i think they have altered the gelatine to make it halal :S :)
wasalams

Vedad
10-11-2005, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashir21
Assalam O Alikum
does gelitain (spelled wrong i think) only come from pigs or does it come from other animals also? i heard it comes from cows also. ok so, if it says that it is Kosher Gelitain, is that halal to eat no matter wht animal it is from? In my opinion i think that it is haram because the people who cut the animals dont say Bilmillah. they are Jewish. can someone help me, and if it is Haram, then can u please provide me with proof, such as from the Quran or Hadeeth. thanks!!!!
wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullah

its permissable to eat food slaughtered by the ppl of the book (jews, christians)

This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them.

about gelatine... i personally stay away from it...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
beans
10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
there is fruit gelatin, which is ok to eat, and then there is pig geltain which isn't ok. Or so I've learned.

but Allah ta'la knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!