/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *** Hadiths About Taraawih In Ramadan ***

1m@@n
10-10-2005, 12:00 PM
HADITHS ABOUT TARAAWIH IN RAMADAN

Hadith fom Sahi Bukhari:
Narrated Zaid bin Thabit: Allah's Apostle made a small room (with a palm leaf mat). Allah's Apostle came out (of his house) and prayed in it. Some men came and joined him in his prayer. Then again the next night they came for the prayer, but Allah's Apostle delayed and did not come out to them. So they raised their voices and knocked the door with small stones (to draw his attention). He came out to them in a state of anger, saying, "You are still insisting (on your deed, i.e. tarawih prayer in the mosque) that I thought that this prayer (tarawih) might become obligatory on you. So you people, offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer." (Book #73, Hadith #134)

Hadith fom Sahi Bukhari:
Narrated Zaid bin Thabit: The Prophet took a room made of date palm leaves mats in the mosque. Allah's Apostle prayed in it for a few nights till the people gathered (to pray the night prayer (tarawih) (behind him.) Then on the 4th night the people did not hear his voice and they thought he had slept, so some of them started humming in order that he might come out. The Prophet then said, "You continued doing what I saw you doing till I was afraid that this (tarawih prayer) might be enjoined on you, and if it were enjoined on you, you would not continue performing it. Therefore, O people! Perform your prayers at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is what is performed at his home except the compulsory congregational) prayer." (See Hadith No. 229,Vol. 3) (See Hadith No. 134, Vol. 8) (Book #92, Hadith #393)

Dear Readers,

Today a majority of Muslims perform 20 Rakahs Tarawih in mosques which offcourse is a good deed. The above hadiths do not necessarily mean that one should not perform tarawih regularly but one should not consider it necessary to perform in mosques only. Tarawih is not farz, but it is a 'Wajib' prayer i.e. Sunnat-e-Mokida i.e. Prophet Mohammad (SAW) always performed tarawih prayers in the whole month of ramadan but the number of rakahs and place to be performed was not fixed due to the convenience of Ummah. Jazakallah ! The conclusion is that 'Tarawih' can be performed in homes all well as in mosques and 20 rakahs are not obligatory but if done then it is offcourse rewardful for Almighty Allah as he will not discard our deeds but will reward us more than our expectation. Hope for the best from our Lord who is the Creator of the universe, He loves us 100 times more than our mothers.

May Allah guide us in the best way !

Allah Hafiz
Syeda Muneeba Masood

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
10-10-2005, 12:02 PM
salam
mashallah great post
jazakallah
wasalam

Mahmud
10-12-2005, 12:47 AM
jazakumullahul-khair..!

Salema
10-12-2005, 12:51 AM
jazakumullahul-khair..!..thnxs 4 sharing..!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sadia25
10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Jazakallahul-khair..! thanxs 4 sharing..

ma541
10-13-2005, 12:21 PM
thnx 4 sharing this information. its gud 2 see sum1 talking sum sense 4 1nce

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.