/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Test your Islamic Knowledge On Prophets

1m@@n
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
:love: :love: Test your Islamic Knowledge On Prophets :love: :love:
:love:

:wilted_ro QUESTIONS: :wilted_ro (Answers below)

1.What did Musa(A.S.) do to the "GOLDEN CALF"?

2.What duaa did Yunus(A.S.) make in the belly of the fish ?

3.Which Prophet’s nation asked,that a unique camel emerge from the mountains, as a miracle, to prove he was a messenger of Allah?

4.Who was the mother of Ishaaq(A.S.)?

5.A Prophet of Allah left a message for his son, as follows: "To replace his doorstep" .The message was a saying which meant that his wife was not a befitting wife for him;and he should replace her with a good befitting wife". Who is this Prophet?

6.Who or what delivered the messages from Sulaymaan(A.S.) to (Bilqees) the Queen of Sheeba?

7.Which Prophet was executed and his head was brought to Herodias(a cruel woman) who gloated with delight?

8.What are the descendants of Ya’qub(A.S.) known as?

9.Which Prophet saw in a dream, 11 stars, the sun and the moon prostrating before him?

10.Who was the first Prophet who made this duaa that is mentioned in the Qura’an:"My Lord,expand my mind so that I can carry the burden of Prophethood.Ease my task by removing all difficulties in the way,and loosen the knot in my tongue so that I can make them understand what I say,so that my words could penetrate their souls.And give me a companion in my task,an assistant from my own folk."?

11.Allah Ta’ala revealed to Musa(A.S.) that no man could know, all that is to know,nor would any person,alone be the custodian of ALL knowledge. Allah Ta’ala sent someone to Musa(A.S.) to illustrate this aspect and to illustrate the vastness of knowledge and the unseen as a lesson. Who is this someone?

12.A member of Musa(A.S.)’s family was exremely wealthy and treated the poor with contempt. He not only refused to pay zakaat,but spread a rumour that Musa(A.S.) had invented the law of zakaat.He was punished by Allah.The earth opened up and swallowed him and all his wealth. Who is this person?

13.A Prophet delivered Allah’s Messages to the people through the precious gift of his melodious voice.When he chanted the Book of Allah,it was as if the entire creation chanted with him. Who is this Prophet?

14.Who appeared before Ayyub(A.S.) in the guise of a wise old man,and said to him,"All your wealth is lost. Some people say that it is because you gave too much charity,and that you are wasting your time with your continious prayers to Allah." ?

15.Name the Prophet that spoke when he was a new-born baby?

16.Did Nuh(A.S.)’s son accompany him on the ark when the floods came? Yes or No?

17.Lut(A.S.)’s wife was a good,noble,pious and obedient wife to Lut(A.S.) True or False?

18.Ayoob(A.S.) lost his sight due to his excessive weeping for his long-lost son,Yusuf(A.S.). True or False?

19.Dawood(A.S.) was a king and was well experienced in the craft of weapon-making. True or False?

20.Dawood(A.S.) was the son of Sulaymaan(A.S.). True or False?
21.Which two prophets(father and son) were both kings and prophets in their lifetime ?

22.Sulaymaan(A.S.) was lying down flat;facing the Qibla,when he passed away(ie.when his ruh(soul) was taken out. True or False?

23.Zakariyyah(A.S.) was a Prophet of Allah, and was blessed with many,abundant pious children when he was young. True or False?

24.After Maryam(A.S.) just gave birth to Eesa(A.S.); she shook a dry palm tree, from which ripe dates fell. True or False ?

25.After Yaqub(A.S.) passed the first trial,with patience. Iblees(shaytaan), shook the foundation of Yaqub(A.S.)’s house,killing all of his children. True or False?

:wilted_ro :wilted_ro ANSWERS: :wilted_ro :wilted_ro
1.Musa(A.S.) melted down the "Golden Calf" into a mass of molten metal and dumped it into the sea.
2."La ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka inni kuntu minaz zaalimeen" -
There is no God save Thee! Glorified be Thou! Indeed,I have been a wrong doer.
3.Saleh(A.S.)
4.Sarah(A.S.)
5.Hazrat Ibraheem(A.S.)
6.The Hoopoe Bird.
7.Yahyah(A.S.)
8.Bani Israeel.
9.Hazrat Yusuf(A.S.)
10.Hazrat Musa(A.S.)
11.Hazrat Khidr(A.S.)
12.Qarun.
13.Dawood(A.S.)
14.Iblees(Shaytaan)
15.Eesa(A.S.)
16.No.
17.False
18.False.Yaqoob(A.S.) was nearly blinded due to missing his son;not Ayoob(A.S.).
19.True
20.False.Dawood(A.S.) was the Father of Sulaymaan(A.S.).
21.Sulaymaan(A.S.) and Dawood(A.S.)
22.False. He was sitting holding his staff overseeing the Jinns at work.He died in this position.
23.False.Zakirriyah(A.S.) had a son in his old-age.
24.True.
25.False. Iblees shook Ayyub(A.S.)'s house, not Yaqub(A.S.)

:wilted_ro :wilted_ro Quranic Name of Prophets Biblical Name of Prophets :wilted_ro :wilted_ro
Ayub - Job
Ibrahim - Abraham
Eesa - Jesus
Ishaaq - Isaac
Ismaeel - Ishmael
Lut - Lot
Musa - Moses
Nuh - Noah
Saleh - Salih
Sulaiman - Solomon
Ya'qub - Jacob
Yahya - John
Yunus - Jonah
Yusuf - Joseph
Zakariyya - Zacharia

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
halupalu
10-11-2005, 02:26 PM
really good

Batoota
10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
:sl:

:D

:w:

MetSudaisTwice
10-11-2005, 02:41 PM
salam
mashallah
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
beans
10-11-2005, 06:28 PM
oh man theres so much i don't know! jazakallah for sharing!

1m@@n
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Walaikum Asalaam wr wb...

Bro im sure theres so much islamic knowledge you hold too that many others are not aware of...

ps....i like this quote....thought id share it...'Learn whatever you wish but Allah will give you reward for your deeds not for your knowledge'

jazak Allah Khyran

~Sister 1maan~

Umm Mizan
10-11-2005, 08:08 PM

Jazak'Allah Khairun for sharing sis :)

Mahmud
10-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Sis..a Question..isn't The Father Of Yusuf A.s. Called Yakoob..you Posted Ayyob..!

Mahmud
10-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Ohh...now I Understand After I Rea The Answers..lol..!

Mahmud
10-12-2005, 12:16 AM
jazakallahul-khair

Noor
10-12-2005, 05:01 AM

More, More...I want more Questions/ Answers!!!!! :D

JazakuAllahKhair~~~~!!!!!

Fatimab
10-12-2005, 07:54 AM
thanks alot

Batoota
10-12-2005, 10:20 AM

...'Learn whatever you wish but Allah will give you reward for your deeds not for your knowledge'
it's a nice quote, but I don't think that it is completely true: if you aquire knowledge for the sake of Allah, Allah will reward you. <-- But what i just said ("aquiring knowledge") could be considered a deed :confused:. I just wanted to point out that you should strive to get knowledge....after all, how can you improve your deeds if you do not have the necessary knowledge? You might think "but how will knowing about the prophet's (Sallah Allahoo alyhum wa salam) improve my deeds?" Well, if I know about prophet Dawood for example, then i will know which kind of Fast Allah loves most.

I won't list all the ayaat and hadiths that discuss knowledge cause i'm sure you already know it and i don't want to change this into a "importance of knowledge" thread. BTW! i'm not saying you should know every single thing in Islam! I'm just stressing on the fact that knowledge is important :D

1m@@n
11-01-2005, 05:45 PM
walaikum Asalaam wr wb...

totally agree with the last comment bruv/sis....if u look at it that way then yup...

yes u is very right...islamic knowledge is very imp!! but if it aint gna reflect upon ur actions and u aint gna implement that knowledge to improve ur way of islamic lyf then thats no gud....hence i.e, theres not much point holding the knowledge that carrying out a particular act is wrong in islam yet still goin ahead n carrying out d act...

and we all know...that on the day when the horn will be blown twice and we will all stand b4 Allah (swt) we will ALL have to answer for the deeds we carried out....so let them be good deeds, make use of ur islamic knowledge and implement it in ur everday lifestyle....inshaAllah!!

walaikum asalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.