/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is not promised

GamilaZein
10-12-2005, 07:58 AM
I have converted to Islam and i have friends who ask about it..my reasons...what i have learned..I invite them to learn more and they say ok..tomrrow...here are some words to remember

Allah said "here i stand,
won't you please let me in?"
and you said " I will ....tomorrow."
Allah said, "here i stand,
won't you please take my hand?'
and you said,"I will tomorrow."
Allah said "I am he
who supplies all your needs" and you
said "I know but...tomorrow
And we're sad
tomorrow won't ever come for you,
still you laugh and play
and continue on to say,
Tomorrow...
I'll give my life tomorrow
I"ve thought about today
but...it's so much easier to say
tomorrow...I promise to
tomorrow
who promised you tomorrow?
better chose the lord today,
for tomorrow very well may be too late
oh please don't just turn and walk away
tomorrow...forget about tomorrow
won't you give your life today?
tomorrow is forever
don't let this moment slip away
your tomorrow could very well begin today

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sanobar
10-12-2005, 05:17 PM
salaam,
very nice post sis! jazakAllah for sharing it.......superb.....!:)
ma'salamah

- Qatada -
10-12-2005, 05:21 PM
subhan Allah! i liked that poem masha Allah! did you make it up yourself? because its soo true.. most people say 'tomorrow' but we could be dead by then.. Allah (swt) is soo generous and they will forgive all our sins if we repent from our heart sincerely except shirk (putting partners with Allah (swt)).. yet people still turn away. and not just that.. its for our own benefit - Allah (swt) is self sufficient whereas we are not. we need Allah (swt)! not tomorrow.. but today.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Salema
10-12-2005, 05:35 PM
wow..SO BEAUTIFUL..JAZAKALLAH 4 SHARING..!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sanobar
10-12-2005, 05:56 PM
salam,
sis ...u cud share u revert story with us some time......! we wud love to knw ! ~LoL~
ma'salamah

^..sTr!vEr..^
10-13-2005, 01:58 AM
:sl:
jazakAllah sis!!

GamilaZein
10-13-2005, 03:50 AM
well well well u want my story huh? Well ok here goes..I was born into a family of babtists..spent my youth in sunday school like everyone else...but always had questions..so many things in that belief conflicted...so when i got older i started doing research in all religions..and then i found islam.Started learning about it...reading..asking ppl i knew..and one day it finally slapped me in the face lol..this is home..this is where i belong..u see i have never felt like i belonged in any groups here in america..never felt like I fit in at all..with the women all running around half naked...giving their bodies up to different men all the time...makes me want to be sick...so i dont have friends here in the states..but when i found islam the ppl i talked to made me feel so comfortable from the start...so now i know ..this is truely where i belong...

oh and no i didnt' write that per say...just made my own adjustments to it ..thanks for the props

Fatma Mahmoud
10-13-2005, 04:05 AM
Thanks sis. No friends here in America. At least now I know where I stand in your life. I guess I am just a home to stay in and a place to eat and rest your weary head. It is ok though. Allah is gracious and merciful.

GamilaZein
10-13-2005, 04:07 AM
um duh silly u r my sister that is more than a friend..u know i didn't mean it like that...love you girl

don't go gettin offended so easily

Batoota
10-13-2005, 09:51 AM

Ma sha excellent poem :D :sister:

we need Allah (swt)! not tomorrow.. but today.
:thumbs_up

:w:

MetSudaisTwice
10-13-2005, 09:54 AM
salam
mashallah a great poem
jazakallah sis
wasalam

Fatimab
10-13-2005, 11:38 AM
:awesome: Mashallah I Indeed A Excellent Poem
Peace Be Upon You

Sista Farzana
10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Marshallah! a new sista in Islam!
ALLAH HU AKBAR!!!!
May Allah (swt) reward u imensly!

Fatma Mahmoud
10-14-2005, 02:33 AM
No offense taken sis. I thought i would not only be considered your sister but your friend as well. We need to stick together as we both are new reverts and only have each other here in the states until we can travel abroad. Inshaa Allah ... that will be soon enough. Take care.

GamilaZein
10-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Hey sis u r the best friend i have next to my husband that is lol....I guess i should have phrased that differently..I had no friends before islam..tc hugs

Uma Rayanah
10-14-2005, 08:30 PM

Jazkaa Allahu Khairh

sumaiya27766483
10-14-2005, 08:40 PM
great poem!

by the way how did u guys convert is there a story u wud like to share with us

GamilaZein
10-15-2005, 06:06 AM
check page 1 lol u'll find my story there

and thanks everyone

Fatma Mahmoud
10-19-2005, 12:39 AM
I can share my story now. I was obviously lost in my life and I had many people that I talked to online here and there was one individual in particular who cared enough about me and he shared the way of Islam with me. After talking with him for a long time and doing some research ... I felt that it was the right way of life for me. I have pretty much always had some of the qualities of a Muslim in me but I just thought it was my kindness that made me different from all the rest. Most of the people I talked to online were Muslims and the majority of them were from Egypt. They were the kindest people and I felt that this is where I belonged. I accepted Islam and I accepted Allah as the only God and Mohammed (PBUH) as his prophet. Then after some time ... I went to the local Islamic Center and took Shahadah. I will be Muslimah for one year on 19/11/2005. I am extremely blessed and happy to be Muslimah today.

Fatma Mahmoud
10-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Don't worry sis. I got your point and I know how you feel. It appears that we have been in the same boat all our lives but just didn't seem to know it until we have been able to meet and become as close as we are now. Well .. let's just say that I have been in that boat a little bit longer than you but who is to tell anyone. You take care as well and hugs are coming back. By the way sis ... I just want you to know how happy I am to have you for my new sis in Islam and happy to have you staying in my home. I love ya girl.

Al-Zaara
02-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Mashallah, great poem!!
JazakAllah khair for sharing!!

Laaibah
02-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Awesome!!

JazakAllah for sharing

nihma333
02-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Yup that's a nice little piece there. And it is ooh soo true. I don't think people really realize that tomorrowreally isn't promised. Just think if a person dies every second, what makes you think that you're not next?!

peace,
Naimah

mo51
02-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Mashallah, there r some beautiful islamic poems.
i:)

nihma333
02-26-2006, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo51
Mashallah, there r some beautiful islamic poems.
i:)
That's soo true

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.