/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 50 post restriction

Rima
09-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Sellam
trying to post my reply on some sub forums, I get this message:

you do not have permission to access this page

trying to send private message to any administrator here to ask him about the problem , I get the same message
but I can post my reply on some forums , like this one

can anybody explain what is the problem?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rima
09-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Oh I see , thanks Zak

Malaikah
09-27-2005, 02:30 AM
assalamalikum
i just wanted to know what people opinion in general was of this new rule that you need a minimum of 50 posts to access certain areas... i personally dont find it very effective since it might initially mean that poeple will start to post more so that they can reach 50, but once they hit 50 they probably will stop posting
what i thought would be more useful would be that there is a minimum number of psots per week (for example) for a person to be able for post

thats just my opinion, i hope its taken as constructive critisism :)

baby_muslimah15
09-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Salaamz, I agree with you all the way :thumbs_up ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdur-Rahim
09-29-2005, 03:56 PM
i hope so...., but if there was no restriction i would be listening to nasheeds now cry

Vedad
09-29-2005, 03:57 PM
yea probably me too...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-29-2005, 04:21 PM
:sl:

So its a good restrictation then right? I like it persoanlly.

ishkabab
09-29-2005, 04:48 PM
umm?...i dunno..

Samee
09-29-2005, 11:48 PM
I dunno, I don't seem to like the restriction. I have frequented this forum basically every day for months, all I did was read the topics and stuff. Now that I've started posting, I realize I can't even edit my posts!

Maybe 30 posts is a better restriction.

zhay_dexxa
09-29-2005, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiullah
I dunno, I don't seem to like the restriction. I have frequented this forum basically every day for months, all I did was read the topics and stuff. Now that I've started posting, I realize I can't even edit my posts!

Maybe 30 posts is a better restriction.
:thumbs_up I have a bad english after all :zip:

BlissfullyJaded
09-29-2005, 11:57 PM

Personally, I think if its brought down to 30, then newer members will join and say, why not less? You can't please everybody. :) Its for the best of the community, and much safer if newbies have such restrictions.. Besides this is incentive to post more and be more a part of the community. :D

InshaAllah you'd reach 50 pretty quickly. :D

mof
09-30-2005, 12:13 AM
My salam to all you readers,

This is my first post!

The 50 post restriction - I think its not effective and pointless and agree with what sister "Cheese" said!

Whats to stop poeple to post silly one line messages, like "Ok", "Good","I agree" to hit the 50 post threshold?? Once they reached that then what? Upp the limit to 100 posts??

As for the nasheeds, although I cant listen to them from the online player, I dont mind because ive already downloaded the whole collection onto my pc!! hehe!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2005, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mof
My salam to all you readers,

This is my first post!

The 50 post restriction - I think its not effective and pointless and agree with what sister "Cheese" said!

Whats to stop poeple to post silly one line messages, like "Ok", "Good","I agree" to hit the 50 post threshold?? Once they reached that then what? Upp the limit to 100 posts??

As for the nasheeds, although I cant listen to them from the online player, I dont mind because ive already downloaded the whole collection onto my pc!! hehe!

The only reason we have the restriction in place is to get all the brothers/sisters who are signing up only for the nasheeds to be a little more active. All we ask is that you go and post in the popular topics (there are alot of those) and give us your opinion and share with us your Knowledge of the deen, It may be that you know something that we dont and we know something that you dont, by us sharing we both benefit.

muha0154
09-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum

I personally don't have any problem with the post restrictions. I'm mainly come to the forum to read. Salaam.

Muhammad

S_87
09-30-2005, 01:08 PM

one q. which sections cant they see?

Malaikah
09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
i cant go in to the sister section, cant listen to nasheeds.. when ppl introduce themselves i cant comment but i odnt know if that has to do with the resitriction or not

Malaikah
10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
WOOOOOHHOOOOOOO...... 2 more post away from becoming a normal member again :D :D .. nasheeds here i come.. but i reckon i will keep posting inshallah ;) :D

Malaikah
10-01-2005, 09:51 AM
:confused: HELP ive got more than 50 posts but im still limited!!!
whats going on?

Rima
10-02-2005, 12:34 PM
It passed 50 and it`s still "limited member" status

- Qatada -
10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
sis can u try logging out and then logging in again. insha Allah it should work after that.. if it doesnt - just wait till the mods or the admins come.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Ameeratul Layl
10-03-2005, 10:39 AM

What does it mean wen it says you are an : LI Oldtimer?

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
salam
i think it means you have been here for a long period of time or well know here
wasalam
e

Ameeratul Layl
10-03-2005, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i think it means you have been here for a long period of time or well know here
wasalam
e

Oh okay..... :p
e

Ahmed_Yaseen
10-08-2005, 08:16 AM

The forum staff seem to be steadily increasing the restrictions for limited members. i.e. members with fewer than 50 posts.

It seems a bit unfair to me.

Any comments from the forum staff?

:w:

Muhammad
10-08-2005, 08:41 AM

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy your stay here Insha'Allaah.

As you can see, this is an issue which seems to be quite a problem for many newcomers to the forum! The reason we have the restriction is to try and get newcomers active in discussions, to share their knowledge with us and hopefully learn from the members here too Insha'Allaah.

If everybody came here for nasheeds, the forum would have so many members yet so little who were active and kept the forum alive!

You will find that it isnt difficult to post Insha'Allaah, just browse around and you'll soon get the hang of it. I the specific restrictions have already been mentioned so you can check those out - any further questions should be answered by reading them. And by the time you've got 50, then Insha'Allaah you will have the motivation and experience to continue to post plenty more!

Muhammad
10-08-2005, 08:43 AM

For the sake of clarification, limited members are restricted to the following features/facilities:

• Cannot listen to nasheeds
  • Cannot reply to threads other than their own in the introduce-yourself forum
  • Cannot view member info (i.e. profile)
  • Cannot use custom title
  • Cannot use signatures
  • Cannot upload attachments
  • PM has been disabled but they are able to receive pms such as the welcome pm
  • Cannot use the reputation system
  • Cannot nominate members
Once they have acquired 50 posts, they will automatically become full members.

meknesi
10-08-2005, 09:47 AM
50 posts is fine and if after that peopls stop posting thats up to them, this forum is 4 all of us to learn and pass on interesting and talk about certain topics that the main aim.....

meknesi

the only man
10-08-2005, 06:51 PM
take this rule out its stupid

Idris
10-08-2005, 07:13 PM
I'd like to say as a new memeber that although im very annoyed by the 50 post ....it kinda alright cuz...it gives you time to get use to the site and brows through things and get to know whose who etc...adding to that i think once i reach 50 post INSHA ALLAH...oh make it quick (lol)...I'd start posting more....and taking part in other activaties....sabr sabr

islamonline
10-08-2005, 07:19 PM

whats happening here, an islamic forum and the user 'theonlyman' has a female on his avator..

Umm Yoosuf
10-08-2005, 07:22 PM
And he/she is banned (I think!) unless he/she wrote that him/herself :confused:

Labaik Ya Allah
10-08-2005, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
And he/she is banned (I think!) unless he/she wrote that him/herself :confused:

naah hes banned

and plus these rules are unfair but didnt really notice them when i came here cuz it was not that restricted

Umm Yoosuf
10-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Whats so unfair about them brother?

Danish
10-08-2005, 09:13 PM
c'mon guys its only 50 posts not 50,000!

i am not saying anything :) but *cough* --- *cough*

musleema
10-09-2005, 12:34 AM
i really despise this new '50 posts' rule. the reason being because when i first descovered this site, i used it only for nasheeds, then i started to roam the site after a while and posed heaps and heaps and heaps of posts.

i think the nasheeds lure [i dont know how to spell it , loll] the audience onto the site, as it did in my case. insted of restricting access to basically everything before you get 50 posts.

:)

wassalaam!

abusufi96
10-09-2005, 01:34 AM
I don't know, but I see alot of people who have more posts. Is it a must to get more then 50 posts to be able to do even higher things? You know when i first registered, I was able to listen to nasheeds untill 2 weeks ago it said i can't listen to them because i havent posted 50 posts. What happened? Did they change the rules?

kadafi
10-09-2005, 06:23 AM

The rules have been explained numerous times in this thread and are also displayed on the top of the forum for those with limited accessed.

Thread closed

Vedad
10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Bismillah
Assalamu Aleykum wa rahmatullah

i wonder... when does ppl get full members?? i mean... do u need 50 rep too or do u make some1 full member? :confused:

kadafi
10-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Please wait at least a hour once you reach 50 posts.

Closed

Fatimab
10-12-2005, 11:23 AM
i somehow cant get through to a member fully now as i have now got more then 50 points why is that???
plz help as soon as possible

Thanks

Far7an
10-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I have merged all the threads where members are reffering to this restriction..

I will highlight a few points for you InshaAllah...
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
For the sake of clarification, limited members are restricted to the following features/facilities:
  • Cannot listen to nasheeds
  • Cannot reply to threads other than their own in the introduce-yourself forum
  • Cannot view member info (i.e. profile)
  • Cannot use custom title
  • Cannot use signatures
  • Cannot upload attachments
  • PM has been disabled but they are able to receive pms such as the welcome pm
  • Cannot use the reputation system
  • Cannot nominate members
Once they have acquired 50 posts, they will automatically become full members.
And as Br. Kadafi pointed out, once you aquire 50 posts, it will take an hour for you to become a full member InshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.