/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it halal?

Shana524
10-13-2005, 06:05 AM
:sl:
How is everyone? I hope Ramadan is going well for everyone. It’s going too fast for me….already 10 days into the month.
now to the main issue….I’m trying to find out if French Vanilla Cappuccino is haram. I’ve been searching online but I didn’t find any definite answer. If you guys know the ruling behind cappuccino, let me know plz. Jazakallah Khayr and may Allah accept your sacrifice this Ramadan.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
10-13-2005, 06:57 AM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

sis im not too sure but if you have your doubts the prophet s.a.w recommended us to stay away 4rom them things!

walakumaslaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

ABWAN
10-13-2005, 07:19 AM
I have heard people say Vanilla itself is haram..and this might be of some help

Question: Why are pure and artificial vanilla Haram?
Answer: Vanilla is a plant product, however, it is taken from the vanilla bean using alcohol. Vanilla is available in powder or liquid form. If you look at a bottle of liquid pure or artificial vanilla extract, you will find alcohol listed as an ingredient, along with the percentage of alcohol it contains. Some people may feel it is okay to use baked products containing vanilla extract because the alcohol evaporates during the baking process. However, studies have shown that the alcohol does not completely evaporate during baking. Vanilla is also available in a powdered form. In this form, the beans are either crushed without the addition of alcohol, or they are crushed and dissolved in alcohol and then purified. During purification, the alcohol is removed. Powdered vanilla is Halal. For specific products, the label will only list vanilla or vanilla flavouring. In such cases, contact the manufacturer of the product to determine which form of vanilla was used.
(http://www.toronto.ca/health/nm_faq_halal_foods.htm - this site has also additional valuable info)

Shana524
10-13-2005, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

sis im not too sure but if you have your doubts the prophet s.a.w recommended us to stay away 4rom them things!

walakumaslaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu
:sl:
thanks sis, I heard of that hadith, but i don't remember the exact word for it. I just wanted to be sure abt this. I recently went to this muslim halal food website...omg, there is so many products with haram ingredients...i'm almost afraid to eat out now.
Jazakallahu Khair
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.